Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido (22068 Views)

We Will Beg Muhammadu Buhari To Contest 2019 Election - Adebayo Shittu / "We Will Beg Buhari To Run In 2019" – APC / Nigerians Will Beg PDP To Return In 2019 – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by RedArrow: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2015
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State on Tuesday emerged from a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, giving an indication that the Peoples Democratic Party stakeholders would beg former President Olusegun Obasanjo who dumped the party on Monday.

Lamido, who is the North-West Coordinator of Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign, told State House correspondents that Obasanjo remained the father of all.

He said Jonathan and all the state governors were creations of the former President.

He explained that it was only appropriate that “when a father is angry with his children, the children should beg him.”

Lamido said, “Baba (Obasanjo) is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and an inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the President to the governors who are his own sons, are all his creations.

“And so, when a father is angry with his own children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then, we cannot be renounced for whatever it is.

“If you do any political DNA of our blood, you will find his (Obasanjo’s) blood in us. No matter what we are, we may not be able to live up to his expectations.

“We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our Baba even up to the President.

“Baba is our baba no matter what. He is angry with us, but then, what do we do? He gave us the life at a time when Nigerians were fighting us, he stood for us. Since 2011, in 2007, he stood firm for us.

“He is our father. And so, if we made some mistakes, we are only human because we are heading human institutions. And I think by the time he reflects, how could he abandon his own children like that. Wherever we are, we are right in his heart. He feels for us, he cares for us.”

When asked to be specific on whether they would go and beg Obasanjo to return to the party, Lamido said such issue was not the kind he would announce publicly.

“When there is some kind of misunderstanding between a father and a child, you don’t go to NTA or any other media to say you are going to do this.

“I mean the bond between us is so strong. I know he is equally pained. I know what he is going through because he is our father, but I will not tell you the strategy because when he was producing us, you were not there, when he was making us, were you there?,” the governor said.

When told that some party chiefs had already said they would not miss the former President, the governor said Jonathan who he described as Obasanjo’s first child had not said so.

“But then, the first child is the President, did he say so?,” he asked.

When asked again if Obasanjo’s constant criticisms of the President did not worry him, Lamido said “when parents get old, they tend to manifest signs of old age.”

He added, “What I am saying is that all of us have parents. When we were born, they pepped us, gave us their love, gave us everything. By the time they get old, naturally, there is what they call role reversal. We became the parents and they became the children. So, what is wrong if our parents begin to manifest those signs of old age?”

Lamido insisted that despite all the perceived setbacks, the PDP would still win the forthcoming elections.

He said, “What is this opposition in Nigeria? You must know Nigerian history. Nigeria cannot be governed by an aggregate of pain, anger and frustration.

SOURCE:http://www.punchng.com/news/well-beg-obasanjo-says-lamido/

11 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by babs01(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2015
How will dis make GMB nt to win

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by otbliz(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2015
The poster above me does not know the answer to that question.

I guess GEJ is not the only clueless one.

Well, on the OBJ matter, I'll say I think GEJ is just humble to fault.
If OBJ likes, let him tear his agbada too, one thing will still be....HIS TIME DON PASS

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by seunfly: 7:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Even the man that is talking is for GMB.

31 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 18, 2015
I am sure OBJ is rolling in bed and smiling on reading this news. He'd fart( very loud and evil smelling) and say;

"Jonathan mumu! Useless boy from the creeks. Where were you when I liberated your people from the bondage of Ndigbo under Biafra? Oloshi!"

He'd stroke his famed civil war wound on his tigh abi knee?(Can a Nairaland lady confirm the location of the wound please?). Roll over again and let out another evil smelling fart, before spreading his arms and legs as if he wants to fly.

128 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by RedArrow: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2015
You just made my day with that great thought and imagination

20pounds:
I am sure OBJ is rolling in bed and smiling on reading this news. He'd fart( very loud and evil smelling) and say;

"Jonathan mumu! Useless boy from the creeks. Where were you when I liberated your people from the bondage of Ndigbo under Biafra? Oloshi!"

He'd stroke his famed civil war wound on his tigh abi knee?(Can a Nairaland lady confirm the location of the wound please?). Roll over again and let out another evil smelling fart, before spreading his arms and legs as if he wants to fly.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:06am On Feb 18, 2015
For Sure... This Sule Lamido Is for A.P.C.... His plan is to qive GEJ hope till the Last Day b4 he officially decamps.

32 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Ashleyma77(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2015
.wait a minute!.I thought obasanjo was 'just one vote' without influence.

now,whether the father responds to the children's plea or not,there will be a welcome home party for a public figure somewhere in otuoke.

#march4buhari

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by OROZONE(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2015
Baba or no Baba... PDP OUT!!

15 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Hedybee(f): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2015

36 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by argon500: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2015
Baba had already made up his mind. If Jonah like, let him roll on mud.

We all want change!

Vote Buhari/Osinbajo (APC)

45 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by ibkgab001: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2015
Already late

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by dharay99: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2015
Fear dub dey grip una abi... grin grin grin PDP.
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Diesel1(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
For what ?
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by countsparrow: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
Is he ur father

Obasanjo terrorizing politicians since 1999, Before I enter uni...

4 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by naijainfogalery: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2015
The truth is PDP knows that when it comes to Nigerian politics, Obasanjo is a major player. This is a man that is so crafty, he knows the game, during his regime, he was able to break the hands of all opposition, there was never a unified opposition. It never worked out.

No matter how much you hate Baba you cant deny his importance in Africa's political matter.

I could remember when Baba was President. there was never a week that one African President wont come to Nigeria for help. SO what happened? we lost the little respect that Nigeria has gained for over 50 years. Its sad and pathetic, We need to retrace our footstep. And the presidency needs to opt its game.

I still believe in One Nigeria. The 2015 election is now a game between a man hunted by his past and another hunted by his presence. So would you let them ruin your future? Think Smart and vote wisely.

At this age we all should work together irrespective of our political interest

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Flets: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Lamido is clearly an Obj puppet.

He is speaking for himself and not for PDP. He has always aligned with Obj in all workings and only playing to the gallery to sustain Obj's relevance.

Lets face it, OBJ will neither add value to PDP or APC at the moment. PDP is just playing a smart game by not playing dirty with an Obj that has nothing to lose by stroking his ego of non-existent relevance.

PDP as a party will never tell Obj off but wont want in the hierarchy of their affairs. Individual party members might tell him off..... but the party as a unit is smarter. They would gradually lead OBJ on while he self destructs.

Engaging OBJ in a war of words at the moment is a loss to any party now.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by rattlesnake(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Lamido looking for vp

2 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Vock(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
ebora Owu is a Man of his word in issues like this, you can beg all you like
But I thought Anenih said they are glad he's called it quits with PDP

2 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Funny Governor.

It is wrong for one person to think that things will not work well without him....unless GoD says so!

1 Like

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2015
countsparrow:
Is he ur father

They better beg OBJ...because without him....PDP is in trouble...and they know it.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Maczeelly(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2015
#gud4dem
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by BUSHHUNTER: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2015
Beg him to solve issues.....
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by not4sure(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2015
For some people that say Obasanjo is not relevant. you are on your own ooo. You now see that PDP did not take the issue easy

4 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by steppin: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2015
Beg OBJ for wetin? Is he God?
The airs and graces PDP members give the old buffoon makes him feel like he's a demi-god.
The president of a country as big as Nigeria should go on his knees, just to get approval from man who is corrupt beyond his bones?
I fear Naija politics!
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Rad1cal: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2015
See this Lamido oo angry

1 Like

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Odunharry(m): 10:07am On Feb 18, 2015
PDP NEVA SEE ANYTHING...

4 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by OEPHIUS(m): 10:07am On Feb 18, 2015
They said he is not important yet theybare all falling over themselves to appease him

@Barcanista....

I thought you said he is the APC's "Navigator" now you have really seen that it is the PDP that are more desperate to have him.

Like President Obasanjo or not, he has structures that everyone wants control over.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by phayvoursky(m): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2015
THEY'RE JUST MAKING THIS OBJ GUY FEEL TOO IMPORTANT.

WHAT ROLE DOES OBJ HAVE TO PLAY IN PDP?
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by Ozavize88(f): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2015
ok
Re: We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido by coldsummer: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2015
[size=18pt]Too little too late

GEJ had an opportunity to hav averted all this unnecessary tension, but in his usual inept way, watched until the whole party fell apart.

Busy buying shoes!

Buhari wouldn't hav been a match at the poll, but you even made him more popular and a more desired candidate. (take from me, being one of your. Die hard supporters).

I. Pray you don't win!!!

BUHARI 2015
[/size]

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Recalls Sacked NCAA Directors / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Buhari's Credentials: Lere Olayinka Writes Head Of Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.