Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (73872 Views)

SHOCKING! 5 Words Nigerians Use That Actually Don’t Exist / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 7 English Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by JoeCutie(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Too bad, my autocorrect (is this a Naija word too?) is Nigerian too, cos it doesn't correct me when I use any of these words.

Chai, my phone is even 'Made In Naija'. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by patfem(m): 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Incredibl, I lv dis post becos I am actual guilty of all.
Eh anyway sha nx tym if u need twenty of dis kind of list, meet madame peace 2 assist u wit it .
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
DucatiKNG:

http://ynaija.com/disvirgin-cross-carpeting-go-slow-7-more-words-you-wont-find-in-the-dictionary/
You are a fool.ignorance is a disease.you here posting ten words Nigeria use.are you trying to say that Nigerians don't speak good English.. As long as it spoken and understood in Nigeria then it is a pure English..
1:fuuuck is not in the dictionary
2:shiiit is not in the dictionary
3:Niqqa is not in the dictionary
4:modafucker is Nat in the dictionary.so many other words.still the white people use it and understand it meaning.stupid post that has no meaning hitting FP.fuuuck the mod of this site.fuuuck the admistratora.they are the most foolish stupid ignorant and selfish people I have ever met.NWT.Bleep this ppost
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by xtripple: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
What I understand is language not the English, e no matter anyhow u talk am make I understand am. Who cares..... grin
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by galaxy23: 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na for english
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
But computers and other electronic devices can accept them as correct. If they are not in the dictionary, then the frequency of usage and number of users qualifies it to be a dictionary word.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by allfriends(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
SHEY NA U DEY MARK ENGLISH FOR WAEC
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Zano1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Another word is 'yesternight' instead of 'yesterday night'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by akigbemaru: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
WORDS YOU WONT FIND IN DICO
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
@ OP

It is CUNNING not cunny!Pronounce in almost the same way.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by uncjay(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Shey dm hear wetin I dey talk sha Eehen! God punish dm dictionary....
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by guyX(m): 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Nonsense. Any word that is not misspelt is a new word.
Who cares if it's not the dictionary. Do you think it's only the English people who have the exclusive right to create new words?
I beg to differ.
Cross-carpetting is correct in so far as it's not coined from an already existing word.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by rago(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
moswags:
13) pepperish- this word is used by nigerians o refer to something. usually food that has a lot of pepper. however that word is wrong. the rigth word tovuse is peppery.

u can use 'spicy' as well
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by cecegorz(m): 11:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
I would have given you a two thumbs up but you missed the most annoying one.
Even Daily Times used it today, read ...

'Amaechi FINGERED Patience Jonathan over APC rally disruption'
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Kzealz(m): 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
wat A fi C ...
no wonder buhari made f9 in English
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by ethylene: 3:02am On Feb 19, 2015
A moment Of silence for those who has tabor the English
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by calebweber(m): 6:30am On Feb 19, 2015
Let me tell you something you don't know....
still typing........
WTF!
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by calebweber(m): 6:36am On Feb 19, 2015
"Finally, Discover How You Can Begin A Legitimate Online Business That Pumps Cash To Your Bank Account Daily"

Here Is a One Time Chance to Lay Hands On the Best Reports That Has Helped Me and My Other Subscribers Earn Income Online!
http://infobiznaija.com/caleb
Studies have shown that 89% of people who buy your products/services, do so out of emotion. Please take your time and go through this sales page http://www.infobiznaija.com/caleb

Whether You Are Selling Online Or Not, REPORT #3 teaches you how to use emotion as a strategic tool to make sales as with all the others, they all carry powerful information and after you go through them, you will not only become an expert and authority in the internet industry but your account will sure be stuffed up with cool cash. And you know why?
BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING THE SAME THINGS you've BEEN DOING BUT WITH A DIFFERENT STRATEGY.
Please give me the opportunity to show you no secret but an ordinary FACT that has been neglected, a strategic tool to make sales.
http://www.infobiznaija.com/caleb

Your partner in success, expecting to see soon.
Caleb Eze
08140670213, ckingengr@gmail.com
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Abayor7: 7:03am On Feb 19, 2015
DucatiKNG:

http://ynaija.com/disvirgin-cross-carpeting-go-slow-7-more-words-you-wont-find-in-the-dictionary/

Alright is in my own lexicon!

and it denotate alright

adjective (not comparable)
- (informal) alternative form of all right
synonyms
- (satisfactory) acceptable, adequate, fine, good enough, OK/okay, passable, satisfactory, sufficient, suitable..
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by MistadeRegal(m): 7:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Akkord4gov:
Guilty of them all.May the soul of my English teacher forgive me.No wonder I had C6 in my English and C in my GST 101 with my geniousity in English.
GENIOUSITY
ALRIGHT,FTC tinz,I dedicate this to all DISVIRGIN babes out there who aren't OPPORTUNED to keep their virginity.I also appreciate my SCREENTOUCH phone and network service.Infact the GO-SLOW I experienced during the journey to a grandpa WAKE-KEEPING was a blessing to be FTC.
Abeg I be confirm yoruba son,I will modify my grammatical errors if Oyinbo too can speak my Yoruba
To be candid,this is a sign of victory for me in this 2015

He he he he he he he he he he he he it is a sign of a victory.......(hums the rest)
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by akjeg(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Vandalisation/vandalization: these words don't exist as Well, it should be Vandalism
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by Beleeez(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nothing like "Unserious" grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by IbnuUche(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
as i got C5 in my ssce & people understand what i speak; case closed,
after all that is not my mother tongue. IGBO KWEZUOOOONU!!! IYAAAAA!!! grin grin grin
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by ahmedin7(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
What about the two ENGLISH teachers, were they also OPPORTUNED? ALRIGHT KONTINU! All these girls they DISVIRGIN, Diaris GOD'OO, in everything you are doing. You should bring back our girls INSTALLMENTALLY, we need them in broad day light and with no GO SLOW. And if they are lean, don't worry we will make them PLUMPY again. As my SCREENTOUCH is malfunctioning, we don't want any CUNNY act.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary by DonBobes(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2016
spanzed:
This post is Frontpage worthy.....Lalasticlala take action

Like u sed in exangel's post, Lalasticlala don take action close d thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship (fsb 2018) Thread / If You Read This Book During Your Primary School, You Should Be Married With Kid / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.