Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. (1480 Views)

Nigerian Army To Migrate To IPPIS In 2017 – Kemi Adeosun / Buhari And Osinbajo Get Registered For IPPIS (Photos) / The World Powers Have Decided The Nigerian Elections Winner. It Is Not GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by bodejohn(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2015
One of the campaign points of FG has been the use of technology to combat corruption instead of just throwing people into jails. Top on the list of the examples is IPPIS, Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System which the government said has saved the country huge sums of money.

I had the opportunity to visit a NIMC center last week and while I was on the queue, I saw a circular which made reference to IPPIS. It was interesting to note from the document that IPPIS came in 2006.

I made some further research and discovered the contract was financed with a World Bank facility awarded through the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR) to a local consortium who was supposed to deliver in Feb. 2007. The rollout started in April, 2007.
The IPPIS like many other projects were already running before the GEJ lead FG, I hope this fact will be acknowledged and the credits given to people who conceived and implemented the plan.

http://feparnigeria.org/savingbilllions/

http://www.proshareng.com/news/1826

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/the-discovery-of-45000-federal-ghost-workers/
Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by qplus(m): 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
we just politicize every issue in dis country. ok pls who changed d climate and weather?, cos av noticed serious heat from d sun lately.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by scribble: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
Obasanjo started a lot of things he did not finish but left dirty mess for gej to clean up

Cases in point

Sharia restivesness in the north

Lagos ibadan expressway clean up

Power sector reform

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by ephemm(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
When U even ask about other GEJ's achievements, they are quick to talk about railway, OBJ started it reforms too
Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by bodejohn(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
scribble:
Obasanjo started a lot of things he did not finish but left dirty mess for gej to clean up

Cases in point

Sharia restivesness in the north

Lagos ibadan expressway clean up

Power sector reform

I think we should be fair, if we blame him for the bad he did, we should also praise him for the good he did.
Blaming him for his failures and taking the shine of his achievement could be part of what is making him an angry old man.
Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by scribble: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
bodejohn:

I think we should be fair, if we blame him for the bad he did, we should also praise him for the good he did.
Blaming him for his failures and taking the shine of his achievement could be part of what is making him an angry old man.

he is an angry old man because jonathan did not give him remote control for aso rock to be toying with from his ota farm

he should go and rest

the man is tired.
Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by bodejohn(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
scribble:

he is an angry old man because jonathan did not give him remote control for aso rock to be toying with from his ota farm

he should go and rest

the man is tired.

That is a different discussion and it depends on the angle you choose to look at it.
I think successors should give credit to who it is due when they build on the success of their predecessors.
Re: Obasanjo Not GEJ Started IPPIS. by RockMaxi: 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
scribble:

he should go and rest

the man is tired.

You TANoids dwell so much on assumption. Why then does he(GEJ) keep trying to mend the fence between them?
Most of the transformation agenda gospel that GEJ is shouting about were packaged by technocrats brought into goverment by Obasanjo.

Baba Iyabo is with his own excesses but you can't take the shine away from him or else we would have been struggling with an Atiku administration.
He lowered the hurdle for a Yaradua/Jonathan combination while fencing off others that could have mulled them at the party primaries but all what you TANoids see his the glory and success. You have all forgotten the dirty job Baba did to bring GEJ on. Baba is not the only one angry, Soyinka too is angry or does Soyinka too wants to remote his government? undecided

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Muslim Leaders (photo) / NEW SLAVES: Say No To Ebola Vaccines!!! / Jonathan Wins Ekiti By 60%- Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.