Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Do U See New Google Logo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do U See New Google Logo (3433 Views)

Do Not Use The New Google App "Allo" Edward Snowden Warns... / unbelievable see new Unlimited Things You Can Do On Your Android updated / The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U See New Google Logo by Abbeylincson(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
I saw this on Google thas morning .do u observed it

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
U BE LEARNER!

13 Likes

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Whizpeter(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Saw it this morning
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Dollarjunkie: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Illuminati inspired.

Check out the pyramids in the circle at the top right hand corner.
The numbers there should explain more to anyone that knows the signs of free mason.
hmmm....

I just typed RUBBISH up there. Bear with me angry undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
It's called Google Doodle and they change it occasionally to commemorate holidays or events.

13 Likes

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by hatux: 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
Never observed though...
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by gulfer: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
Its in commemoration of 'Alessandro Volta' and it reads: Google doodle honors Italian physicist who invented the battery

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by rattlesnake(m): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ode

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Avatar(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
lol
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by sKeetz(m): 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
It's quite obvious you just started using the Internet undecided

9 Likes

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
You only see what your eyes want to see.
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by elnino3(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
OP don't forget to visit Google tomorrow. They will have a new one. Don't mind them.... Always Changing Logo
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by electropiz(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
OgidiOlu3:
It's called Google Doodle and they change it occasionally to commemorate holidays or events.
you're absolutely right
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by dkronicle(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Noticed it. D google blinks. Notin like illuminati there

1 Like

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
This is APC illuminati grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by 3Cees: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
lol. While opening this page, I had a gut-feeling that I would see illuminati allegations. Lo and behold!
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by 100Cents: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
It means something.

Check it...
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by 100Cents: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Vote GEJ...

1 Like

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Zillight: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
voltron:
This is APC illuminati grin grin

Funny U.
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by guardian09(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
Abbeylincson:
I saw this on Google thas morning .do u observed it
http://www.google.com/doodles/alessandro-voltas-270th-birthday
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
You just had to make me write a post!

http://www.google.com/doodles/alessandro-voltas-270th-birthday

As a new artist here at Google I was given the exciting opportunity to design the Doodle for Volta as just my second doodle. This was particularly thrilling given he was the 18th century Italian physicist, chemist and electrical pioneer who invented the first electrical battery.

To my surprise this discovery almost came by accident while Volta and his friend Galvani, an anatomy professor, were dissecting a frog. When the animal’s legs unexpectedly twitched from an electrical discharge, Galvani went on to hypothesize that animals generated their own electricity, a theory that would eventually go on to inspire Mary Shelly’s novel, ‘Frankenstein’. But Volta had his own theory: that the electrical discharge had been caused by two different metals touching the frog’s body.

Experimenting with different metals and solutions, Volta ended up creating the first electric battery: the Voltaic Pile, a stack of alternating metal discs separated by cardboard and cloth soaked with seawater. But what made this battery so remarkable was that it was easy to construct out of common materials and enabled experimenters for the first time to produce steady, predictable flows of electricity. Within just weeks it inspired a wave of discoveries and inventions and ushered in a new age of electrical science.

Having done my initial research I didn’t want to just settle on using Volta’s portrait for the Doodle, especially since most of the world wouldn’t recognize him. I wanted instead to represent his accomplishment.

Digging into visual research I looked first for images of his inventions, then wider to other scientific equipment of the time. WIth an interest in graphic design I also looked to designs of the period and was especially inspired by the intricate and ornate details of some early Victorian posters for their dimensionality and dynamic layout.

With this inspiration I quickly thumbnailed out some sloppy sketches experimenting with different concepts and compositions. Some of these I turned around into quick value compositions in Illustrator to share with my fellow Doodlers. My original thinking was to show different devices being powered by the battery, but the concepts felt too busy and distracted from the battery itself.

So I settled on a simpler layout featuring the battery dead center where it would simply light up the letters in Google. One key idea I wanted to communicate was how the voltage of the battery increased as the stack grew. I added electrical gauges, or voltmeters, which would animate with the stack. In keeping with the spirit of my reference, I added Volta’s name and the year he invented the battery as typographic elements.

Having a basic design, I now needed to add more antiquated texture and detail to make it feel as though it could have been the first advertisement for the world’s first electrical battery. Switching to Photoshop, I layered in old paper textures, re-tuned the values and contrast, found a cool engraving filter and dialed in my fonts. I then sent it out for another round of feedback and learned a couple more things: namely voltmeters hadn’t been invented yet and the only kind of electric light that would have existed around the time were early arc lights.

For the sake of authenticity, I swapped out the gauges for the ornamental symbols of Copper and Zinc, swapped out his name for the base elements of the battery, but kept the illuminated letters for artistic license. With one final suggestion to translate the text to Italian the design was done.

I tinkered with different animation timing, finally settling on the letters coming on one at a time to show the increased voltage now that the voltmeters were gone, and saved out different formats for different platforms.

So that’s the story of my second Doodle. I hope it brings a little light to the Doodle process and to this very interesting person. And just for fun, I made a portrait version...

Posted by Mark Holmes, Doodler

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by MymothersKeeper(f): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Emi ko mope awon ara oko ore elubo l'okun forum yi angry iru question ma shanfani olodo wo ni ?
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Adesiji77: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
MymothersKeeper:
Emi ko mope awon ara oko ore elubo l'okun forum yi angry iru question ma shanfani olodo wo ni ?

grin
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by iamrealdeji(m): 1:29am On Feb 19, 2015
100Cents:
Vote GEJ...
Bag of rice is talking
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by modskiller(m): 5:49am On Feb 19, 2015
See people shouting "Illuminati" "End time thing" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by 100Cents: 6:49am On Feb 19, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Bag of rice is talking

I have never been induced to support GEJ.

Vote GEJ
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by lonngmann(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2015
Cool
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by jairusben(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2015
I see zn gaining 2e
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Abbeylincson(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2015
sKeetz:
It's quite obvious you just started using the Internet undecided
We learn everyday it does not cause for insult

1 Like

Re: Do U See New Google Logo by sKeetz(m): 8:54am On Feb 20, 2015
Abbeylincson:

We learn everyday it does not cause for insult

It wasn't an insult bro
Re: Do U See New Google Logo by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2015
You are not alone on this majority of the people before don't know as well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Cannot Buy An Infinix Hot 3 / Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland / Good phones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.