Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,928 members, 7,799,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235391 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bligs: 3:01am On Sep 23, 2019
dubaiprince:
Please i need a candid advice. I am married with three kids (5,3 and 1). I stay in Lagos and my salary is about 10 million per annum with bright chances this will increase yearly in terms of salary reviews and promotions as I work with a big four. In short I can current afford to send my kids to good schools and take care of my family's basic needs. Would it be advisable to take a job offer in Australia (most likely sydney) for 80 to 85k AUD per annum pre-tax and live comfortably there with my family?
An average decent 2/3 bedroom to accommodate you & your family is around $1,500 per month, that is $18,000/annum, utilities bills excluded.
With the size of your family, budget an average of $250 on groceries weekly which is $1000 per month and $12,000 annually. These two alone is like $30,000 in a year which is large portion of your targeted income.
Even with PR your kids education won't be entirely free and a lot of unforseen circumstances so have it in mind that you will live averagely just like every other person.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 23, 2019
bligs:

An average decent 2/3 bedroom to accommodate you & your family is around $1,500 per month, that is $18,000/annum, utilities bills excluded.
With the size of your family, budget an average of $250 on groceries weekly which is $1000 per month and $12,000 annually. These two alone is like $30,000 in a year which is large portion of your targeted income.
Even with PR your kids education won't be entirely free and a lot of unforseen circumstances so have it in mind that you will live averagely just like every other person.

I will also add that if you are coming as expatriate, all good but otherwise think twice. It may not be as you are thinking . I will suggest stay back in naija.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by dubaiprince: 5:36am On Sep 23, 2019
Bnimz:
with 10M per annum in Naija, you are a big man.... if you move to Aus for that salary you mentioned, You probably won't be able to live the way you are used to... And if your wife is currently a stay-at-home mum, she might have to start working.. in short, your comfort will reduce...so its up to you to decide whether a brighter future for your kids + more security and peace of mind in Australia outweighs the relatively easy life in Nigeria on that kind of salary..

If I was in your position though, I wouldn't move. i would process permanent residence in both Canada and Australia, fly over, activate it and hold it in case things go to hell in Nigeria one day, but I wouldn't actually relocate for anything below 120k. .... The cost of living is triple (or more) the cost of living in Nigeria, It doesn't make much economic sense to move for just Double the salary.

But hey, its just my opinion.

Thanks a lot. I want to understand that 'holding it in' part more. Does it mean once I get PR, I can just fly in, spend like a month and come back my PR status is secured? Let's forget citizenship now.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by oluayebenz: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2019
dubaiprince:
Please i need a candid advice. I am married with three kids (5,3 and 1). I stay in Lagos and my salary is about 10 million per annum with bright chances this will increase yearly in terms of salary reviews and promotions as I work with a big four. In short I can current afford to send my kids to good schools and take care of my family's basic needs. Would it be advisable to take a job offer in Australia (most likely sydney) for 80 to 85k AUD per annum pre-tax and live comfortably there with my family?

As for me I will never take that offer in Australia. Quiting 10m naira per annum job for 85k AUD is not good enough considering many factors involved.
Someone said u can get 1500 aud apartment for a month which is false especially in a city like Sydney.
Dont even try converting the 85k to naira cos u will be paying ur bills in dollars.

But if you want your kids to grow up in a civilized world then u can go ahead and dont expect to live a big man life the way you do in Nigeria.......

As for me I can only take that job if it comes with free accommodation

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by shilaz(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2019
Please friends, it's take Australia how many weeks or months to consider visitors subclass 600 visa after biometric
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bellong: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2019
dubaiprince:

This question can only be answered by you. Firstly, you have to understand and establish why you want to relocate. The purpose for your relocation will determine if it is worth the risk.

If the reason you want to relocate is to make fast money, Nigeria is the better option to stay but if you are after quality of life, then Australia has the key. You choose yourself what you want.

That being said, for quality of life, Sydney is not one of the cities I will consider.

As advised, you can keep your job in Nigeria, do PR if you are qualified and can be visiting Australia at will.

If you don't stay in Australia, your PR expires after 5 years and you can apply for Resident Return Visa which is usually approved within days.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Buchys: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hi, please i need to get in touch with someone resident in Sydney. I have an admission in place, accepted offer and wish to continue with the process, I will like to find out a few things about accommodation, cost of living, jobs and life in general. Pls if you are in Sydney or know anyone there willing to help, kindly assist. email: buchys77@gmail.com
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Joan011: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
malmo:

0405 441 608 and 0457 854 241
sydney@dclm-au.org

Lolxx the Deeper Life church most people have criticized and thought of in the bad light.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bethelbrill(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2019
Hello everyone. Australia is my dream country and I seriously want to travel and work there.

I am a graduate and I would love to either work or study there. I'm planning on doing my MSc but I wouldn't mind redoing my Bsc there. Please if you are in Australia, I would love to talk to you about how I can get either a work permit or a student visa.

Thank you very much. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Bnimz(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
dubaiprince:

Thanks a lot. I want to understand that 'holding it in' part more. Does it mean once I get PR, I can just fly in, spend like a month and come back my PR status is secured? Let's forget citizenship now.
Yep. That's exactly what I mean.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 28, 2019
Joan011:

Lolxx the Deeper Life church most people have criticized and thought of in the bad light.

Exactly , but the love of Christ overcome all. You need to visit any of our churches, you will be glad you did.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Joan011: 5:24am On Nov 28, 2019
malmo:

Exactly , but the love of Christ overcome all. You need to visit any of our churches, you will be glad you did.

Nasoooo, am a deeper lifer though.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by babalymato: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Please can anyone here help me to buy my Coles gift card at 50% I can't find anywhere to sell it am a Nigerian about 215aud, my contacts email is alexowoade@gmail.com, help your brother
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by oghoyaM: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2019
Lucky1818:
Good day all,
I have 6 months visa to attend a seminar in Australia,
Please I want to know if I can apply for work permit when I get to Australia.
Please I need anyone in Australia to advice me on how to get work permit when I get to Australia

Hi. How did this go?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by adefolarinkelvi(m): 9:21am On Jan 14, 2020
Pinklady20
pls tell me how you met the financial requirements/bank statement. I am currently processing admission with Australian University. Even though I dont know as yet how to get the bank statement or sponsor.

Can anyone in the house give me useful suggestion of how to get a bank statement containing about =N= 4M. I am willing to pay for it.

Your help in this regards will be highly appreceiated. Thanks for your assistance.
@ Pinklady20, pls can you assist me in getting a PhD admission in Australia in any of the cheapest university? Am in Nigeria, your e-mail address pls. +2348069517486
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by expertman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hello guys,

Bravo you guys are doing great work here. I salute those who are here giving advice and experience thanks .

Please a nephew of mine just got his subclass 600 visa so I wanted to ask which Airport is better for Arrival in Australia that's less scrutiny and immigration wahala .

Though his plan is to arrive in Melbourne.

But i told him to wait make I ask from guys here that are over there in Australia.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by tunlex01(m): 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
expertman:
Hello guys,

Bravo you guys are doing great work here. I salute those who are here giving advice and experience thanks .

Please a nephew of mine just got his subclass 600 visa so I wanted to ask which Airport is better for Arrival in Australia that's less scrutiny and immigration wahala .

Though his plan is to arrive in Melbourne.

But i told him to wait make I ask from guys here that are over there in Australia.

Thanks in Advance
Subclass 600 is a visitor visa so he should know where he's going already. Where did he tell the case officer he was going to land or stay before getting the visa?

I guess you don't watch Australia Border Force. All airports in Australia will scrutinise you as they deem fit irrespective of your passport and/or visa class.
Coming in as a visitor, your nephew will be asked questions. If they are satisfied, they will allow him in.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by expertman(m): 11:03am On Jan 29, 2020
OK sir .

Thanks

[quwote author=tunlex01 post=86191689]
Subclass 600 is a visitor visa so he should know where he's going already. Where did he tell the case officer he was going to land or stay before getting the visa?

I guess you don't watch Australia Border Force. All airports in Australia will scrutinise you as they deem fit irrespective of your passport and/or visa class.
Coming in as a visitor, your nephew will be asked questions. If they are satisfied, they will allow him in. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by LORDEST(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
expertman:

OK sir .

Thanks

[quwote author=tunlex01 post=86191689]

Coming in as a visitor, your nephew will be asked questions. If they are satisfied, they will allow him in.

Nice
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Kinboe(m): 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
dubaiprince:

I know I am late to this thread. But really, what is N10 million per annum? If you stay in a place that is closer to your office, you are looking at spending N2 million per annum on accomodation (at least) and as the children grow, their school fees grows such that you are spending about N3 million per annum on their education also. And just so you know, the greedy hands of inflation are coming for your salary as Nigerian inflation is at an aggressive 12%per annum so unless your salary would increase at 15% every year, you are getting poorer my brother.

Think ver this thing well. N10 million per annum is very far from being a big man. It is what is called a mirage...

4 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Bnimz(m): 5:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Kinboe:

I know I am late to this thread. But really, what is N10 million per annum?

Think ver this thing well. N10 million per annum is very far from being a big man. It is what is called a mirage...

You have some valid points, but don't forget that even though the salary is almost double in Australia, the cost of living is more than double..... ... The point is, money alone is not enough motivation to move in his situation... If he moves purely because of money, chances are he'll be disappointed.

If he moves because of comparative economic stability, security, peace of mind and better future for the kids, then that's fine...

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Kinboe(m): 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bnimz:

You have some valid points, but don't forget that even though the salary is almost double in Australia, the cost of living is more than double..... ... The point is, money alone is not enough motivation to move in his situation... If he moves purely because of money, chances are he'll be disappointed.

If he moves because of comparative economic stability, security, peace of mind and better future for the kids, then that's fine...
You have missed my point. I am referring to the joy in N10 million per annnum. Do you have an idea of the income growth rate compared to the inflation rate? If you were earning $70,000 in Australia 10 years ago, it would still buy roughly the same things today as it could 10 years ago. Try and compare that with N10 million earnings about 10 years ago and now. That is the whole point. There is no direct correlation for earnings. Money can never be your reason. We are one devaluation away from turning N10 million to N6million.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by guiddoti: 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Aussie you all. No where rich like pinching your imagination.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Bnimz(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Kinboe:

. We are one devaluation away from turning N10 million to N6million.
I totally understand. And that's why I would typically advise that no matter your motivation, get the permanent residence first...

But if money is the motivation, don't move yet..... If income stops growing, devaluation occurs, you lose your job, or you fall on any of the financial hardships that can randomly hit people in naija, if you already have permanent residence, then its a simple matter of booking a plane ticket out of the country....

We have several examples of people at that kind of level who moved primarily because of more money...., after 2 - 3 months, they returned to Nigeria, (usually because they couldn't continue the same "big man" lives they were used to)....

The good thing is, they can always come back if their utopian bubble in Nigeria collapses.

Of course, as I said earlier, if the primary motivation is not money, then Move.... No argument at all.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Kess2020: 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
Bnimz:
I totally understand. And that's why I would typically advise that no matter your motivation, get the permanent residence first...

But if money is the motivation, don't move yet..... If income stops growing, devaluation occurs, you lose your job, or you fall on any of the financial hardships that can randomly hit people in naija, if you already have permanent residence, then its a simple matter of booking a plane ticket out of the country....

We have several examples of people at that kind of level who moved primarily because of more money...., after 2 - 3 months, they returned to Nigeria, (usually because they couldn't continue the same "big man" lives they were used to)....

The good thing is, they can always come back if their utopian bubble in Nigeria collapses.

Of course, as I said earlier, if the primary motivation is not money, then Move.... No argument at all.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mamatwiny(f): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anyone who is a Christian could find initial settling down easier by contacting any of this 2 main Nigerian churches in Victoria, RCCG and Deeperlife. And it is not necessary you should be their member or even be a Christian before they can help I think. Below are their web addresses and contacts.

http://dclm-au.org/locations/victoria/

RCCG Address: 30 McLennan Dr, Kensington VIC 3031
Phonesad03) 9376 9989

http://www.jesushouse.org.au/#/contact-us

hope this will help

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by rimijoshua(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2020
Hello,I need help on how I can travel from south africa to australia as a student for my phd
Kindly advice me.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Froshloaded: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
Scholar212:
Where are our people in Australia, I always check the Canadian thread and there seems to be more lively oh. How have you guys been surviving in this covid era, those that lost their job were they benefits for them like Canadian govt did?.. Australia is my first choice for migration and we need updates as motivation while chasing the japa journey..
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by creativefun: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Am looking for a cheap school in Australia for a postgraduate and what is required of me to stand a good chance of getting the visa, anyone pls
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by babyngel(f): 1:05am On Sep 02, 2020
I need advise on starting a business in Nigeria or traveling to aussie for masters

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.