Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235396 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Kingekeh(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2012
I've already left Australia after spending 3 years there; I'm back to my base, the US.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lyricsluderking: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
Hi all,I'm a nigerian like everyone here and I recently met a top citizen of australia who has offered to bring me to australia. I will like to know the requirements for a work visa and the cost of the visa application fee. She lives in Queensland and wants me to come over there. Any advice will do. Thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lyricsluderking: 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
Someone should please reply... She supposedly lives in Caloundra... I need informations pls
lyricsluderking: Hi all,I'm a nigerian like everyone here and I recently met a top citizen of australia who has offered to bring me to australia. I will like to know the requirements for a work visa and the cost of the visa application fee. She lives in Queensland and wants me to come over there. Any advice will do. Thanks

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lyricsluderking: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
I need to talk to you about coming to australia,...pls email me at lyricsluderkingjnr@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot quote author=malabu22]Hello

I live in Townsville, Queendsland, Australia. Its a nice place. Population of around 186 thousand. There are about 15 nigerian families here and im the only one in the early 20's lol. I would like to meet other nigerians from other parts of the country and looking forward to having a business relationship as well. At a stage in my life where it is do or die. Take it easy. [/quote]
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by lyricsluderking: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
Here's my email address lyricsluderkingjnr@yahoo.com
lyricsluderking: Hi all,I'm a nigerian like everyone here and I recently met a top citizen of australia who has offered to bring me to australia. I will like to know the requirements for a work visa and the cost of the visa application fee. She lives in Queensland and wants me to come over there. Any advice will do. Thanks

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by opad(m): 9:21am On Apr 20, 2012
Hi residents, i would like to know the requirement of getting study visa for the TAFE programmes particularly their tuition fees, do they require full tuition payment and like how much should the bank statement be? Thanks.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by quemark(m): 3:34pm On May 28, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
marcar:

That is it bro!!!
Guys take it easy o. Enogh babes dey 9ja o. Just continue to endure save d best 4 ur wife or mum 2 be o. Have a wonderful and memorable stay. Be if u must flex by all means play safe
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by quemark(m): 3:34pm On May 28, 2012
marcar:

That is it bro!!!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by quemark(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2012
Gentlemen & lady, pls will appreciate it if u guyz could endeavour to send me a mail cos i have loads of ques for u. Its strikely for dos already in aussie. I've started processing my stuff but dnt want 2 get stock in the middle and want to get everything i'll need ready so as to speed up or cut short d long waiting. You can reach me on dayolagos@gmail.com . . . . . . Roll call >> @jennykadry, @marcar, @tonyrunu, @londoner, @Gugu0, @Yogos, @bisijohn, @polfire. Information and research is always a key when u are embarking on a stuff like dis: A jour[color=#000099][/color]ney of a thousand miles. Gosh!!! Cant wait to see ur mails flowing in2 my inbox. Look 4ward to reading frm u all. Thanx in advance
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by xtus(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2012
lyricsluderking: I need to talk to you about coming to australia,...pls email me at lyricsluderkingjnr@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot quote author=malabu22]Hello

I live in Townsville, Queendsland, Australia. Its a nice place. Population of around 186 thousand. There are about 15 nigerian families here and im the only one in the early 20's lol. I would like to meet other nigerians from other parts of the country and looking forward to having a business relationship as well. At a stage in my life where it is do or die. Take it easy.

plz inbox me on cletus161@yahoo.com lets talk.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Noswaa: 1:23am On Jun 15, 2012
Please i want to apply for australia skilled workers programme but i dont know how to go about it,all the information that i found in their site is confusing ,please any one could be of help.Thank you
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2012
hi all, please i would like to seek the advice from nigerians living in australia. i desire to participate in their skilled workers program and need advice from people there as i hope it turns out really positive. pls feel free to leave your email addy
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Noswaa: Please i want to apply for australia skilled workers programme but i dont know how to go about it,all the information that i found in their site is confusing ,please any one could be of help.Thank you
ctrume: hi all, please i would like to seek the advice from nigerians living in australia. i desire to participate in their skilled workers program and need advice from people there as i hope it turns out really positive. pls feel free to leave your email addy

Visa Options

There is a range of visa options under the General Skilled Migration program for skilled workers who want to live in Australia and who do not have an employer sponsoring them. These include options for skilled people applying as an independent migrant as well as those sponsored by a relative, or nominated by a State or Territory government.

Independent

Independent migrants have the least number of restrictions placed on them and this is the preferred option for eligible applicants who do not have an employer to sponsor them. Assess your eligibility for the independent visas before you continue.

Sponsored

If you are sponsored by an eligible relative, please note that there are a number of obligations that must be met by your sponsor.
All visa options

You may be eligible for a number of different visa categories and each has different requirements and obligations. Please read through the various visa options to ensure that you choose the visa most beneficial to you and your circumstances.

If You are in Australia

Transitional Applicants

If You are Outside Australia

If You are a New Zealand Citizen

If You Hold a Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 495)

If You Hold a Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 496)

Adding Family Members to Your Visa

If you have an employer who is willing to sponsor you, you should apply for an employer sponsored visa.
See: Employer Sponsored Workers

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options.htm
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Noswaa: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
UBKtech:

Visa Options

There is a range of visa options under the General Skilled Migration program for skilled workers who want to live in Australia and who do not have an employer sponsoring them. These include options for skilled people applying as an independent migrant as well as those sponsored by a relative, or nominated by a State or Territory government.

Independent

Independent migrants have the least number of restrictions placed on them and this is the preferred option for eligible applicants who do not have an employer to sponsor them. Assess your eligibility for the independent visas before you continue.

Sponsored

If you are sponsored by an eligible relative, please note that there are a number of obligations that must be met by you

r sponsor.
All visa options

You may be eligible for a number of different visa categories and each has different requirements and obligations. Please read through the various visa options to ensure that you choose the visa most beneficial to you and your circumstances.

If You are in Australia

Transitional Applicants

If You are Outside Australia

If You are a New Zealand Citizen

If You Hold a Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 495)

If You Hold a Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 496)

Adding Family Members to Your Visa

If you have an employer who is willing to sponsor you, you should apply for an employer sponsored visa.
See: Employer Sponsored Workers

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options.htm

Thank you,i have come to this site before,am an independent applicant,could u tell me the cost to submit this application and i am a Doctor and we have regulatory body in Australia,must i be eligible to work first before i can apply for the program.Thank u
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2012
Noswaa:

Thank you,i have come to this site before,am an independent applicant,could u tell me the cost to submit this application and i am a Doctor and we have regulatory body in Australia,must i be eligible to work first before i can apply for the program.Thank u

THis are the steps you need to follow:
1. Write IELTS
2.Apply to your regulatory body for Assessment
3.Submit an Expression of interest (EOI)on www.skillselect.gov.au
4.Apply for Visa (if u are successful in the preceeding steps)

But most importantly, you need to pass the points test before you can benefit from the programme.

The current fees for Skilled migrant Visa is AUD 2960 (first instalment) you may or not be required to pay the second instalment depending on your family circumstance. You may also incur additional fees for medicals, police report etc

This weblink has detailed information about the process and the various visa options available, take time to go through it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Noswaa: 11:31pm On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=UBKtech]

1. Write IELTS

But most importantly, you need to pass the points test before you can benefit from the programme.

The current fees for Skilled migrant Visa is AUD 2960 (first instalment) you may or not be required to pay the second instalment depending on your family
circumstance. You may also incur additional fees for medicals, police report etc
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Noswaa: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=Noswaa][/quote]
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Noswaa: 11:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
UBKtech:

1. Write IELTS

The current fees for Skilled migrant Visa is AUD 2960 (first instalment) you may or not be required to pay the second instalment depending on your family circumstance. You may also incur additional fees for medicals, police report etc

This weblink has detailed information about the process and the various visa options available, take time to go through it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2012
Noswaa:

Thanks brother,i need ur full assistance for this,pls email me @ bestfrank44@yahoo.com.Thank u

Bros, I am NOT a migration consultant. The little I know, I got from the websites posted above. Just take your time to read the materials on that site, ALL the information you need is there. But I believe the first step for you, even before you take IELTS, will be to contact your assessing because the level of English required for your profession will be set by them. This website will help: http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm#a

You can also download a handbook on General Skilled Migration from this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

I followed instructions on the sites and now am at stage of visa application. Would have applied, but have to wait for the changes that will take effect from July 1.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Chokes: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
I have been in Canberra now for four days and I find it incredibly boring. Life ere is expensive and the coming from the UK I find it depressing. Wishing to move somewhere else any suggestions on a much livelier city with more Nigerians to hangout with and little jobs to start with. Thinking of moving to Perth but it is such a big move and I really want to be sure of a good location there before embarking on such a move.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by quemark(m): 7:38am On Jun 28, 2012
Chokes: I have been in Canberra now for four days and I find it incredibly boring. Life ere is expensive and the coming from the UK I find it depressing. Wishing to move somewhere else any suggestions on a much livelier city with more Nigerians to hangout with and little jobs to start with. Thinking of moving to Perth but it is such a big move and I really want to be sure of a good location there before embarking on such a move.
Yeah, perth is nt a wrong choice 4 u. I understood dia are a whole lot of 9ijirians dia but try 2 inquire if u can get a good job dia or u secure it b4 moving. Certain pippu is some proffession are milking the oil and gas of perth. You knw?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by henrycode5(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
Visa granted. Sydney in a week. Anyone in that area? smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by stevenuo: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
Hello marcas, I recently got admission for msc in Geoscience in UWA perth in feb2013, I want to come before that time to stay in Perth. I don't know where to stay or the living arrangements, even if its shared accommodation. Also as i'm staying i don't know what kind of jobs my bsc can get me (casual/corporate) to enable me save up for msc. i also need contacts as i'd be leaving soon this month.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
quemark: Yeah, perth is nt a wrong choice 4 u. I understood dia are a whole lot of 9ijirians dia but try 2 inquire if u can get a good job dia or u secure it b4 moving. Certain pippu is some proffession are milking the oil and gas of perth. You knw?

Really.....which area are they in?

I've seen that there are quite a few Africans (the highest concentration I had seen since being in Oz).

Perth is an okay place, its just a bit small (for me) and can be boring sometimes, but then its up to you to make your own fun.

It has nice warm weather too.

The mining and construction industries are the way to go in WA now.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Chokes: I have been in Canberra now for four days and I find it incredibly boring. Life ere is expensive and the coming from the UK I find it depressing. Wishing to move somewhere else any suggestions on a much livelier city with more Nigerians to hangout with and little jobs to start with. Thinking of moving to Perth but it is such a big move and I really want to be sure of a good location there before embarking on such a move.

Yeah, I heard Canberra is boring.

I would say, book a ticket to visit another city for maybe three or four days or so, before you make the move.

That's what I did, before going to Perth from Sydney.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2012
You will find a lot of Nigerians in canningvale in perth. I once visited a church and the amount of Nigerians I saw there? Unbelieveable shocked shocked shocked. What about their independence parties? cat got my tongue with that one
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2012
The amount of foreigners migrating into Australia everyday is alot. I hope Nigerians do not pollute this beautiful country for us abeg.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by luckgames(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
jennykadry: The amount of foreigners migrating into Australia everyday is alot. I hope Nigerians do not pollute this beautiful country for us abeg.

Please change your name to Australia
Nigerians have being traveling Australia before you were born
So Cut your BS

5 Likes

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
jennykadry: The amount of foreigners migrating into Australia everyday is alot. I hope Nigerians do not pollute this beautiful country for us abeg.

ROTFL!! grin Australia will be the 2nd London

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFL!! grin Australia will be the 2nd London

I swear. London is infact finished all thanks to us nigerians. I know of four naija families from London that migrated 2weeks ago Haba. We were doing well in this country before they moved here angry immigration is tightening their rules now just because of my polluted brothers and sisters angry I am effing tired. One of these days I will approach the prime minister of this country to deny any Nigerian that wants to migrate here visa grin
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by londoner: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2012
@Jennykadry.....I agree that Nigerian who come over should do their best to live by the rules and adopt a way of life that does not show Nigeria/ns in a bad light.

Having said that though, other African nationalities that are already here in numbers, especially the Sudanese and Kenyans, actually have a bad reputation.

Some Sudanese actually parade themselves pitifully in Perth. The young girls dress in clothes that hardly cover their body and go about targeting older Oz men to use for money. The Kenyans are often involved in benefit fraud. They try and claim refugee status by telling the Oz authorities that they are Sudanese and basically live off benefits.

Many of the non Naija communities in Oz are getting involved in gang crime, drug dealing and getting pregnant in their teens and live on state assistance.

I do know that a small number of Nigerians have begun their 419 activities in Oz. I would say the student and professional classes of Nigerians are more in number though. But, one Nigerian fraudster is one too many IMO. There are a small number of Nigerian I have met in Australia so far, some put me off because of their usual mentality (which I'm sorry to say is general among Africans imo). To be honest, I prefer to keep my distance generally, until I run into some that have a different mindset.

All where gainfully employed though, either in professions or business owners. I think, in contrast to London, Australia is attracting Nigerians that are educated and established in Nigeria or elsewhere. At the very least they seem to be coming to Oz to study. They rarely come to Oz out of desperation or hunger....

I get your concern though, it's one I share.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by TMoni1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
londoner: @Jennykadry.....I agree that Nigerian who come over should do their best to live by the rules and adopt a way of life that does not show Nigeria/ns in a bad light.

Having said that though, other African nationalities that are already here in numbers, especially the Sudanese and Kenyans, actually have a bad reputation.

Some Sudanese actually parade themselves pitifully in Perth. The young girls dress in clothes that hardly cover their body and go about targeting older Oz men to use for money. The Kenyans are often involved in benefit fraud. They try and claim refugee status by telling the Oz authorities that they are Sudanese and basically live off benefits.

Many of the non Naija communities in Oz are getting involved in gang crime, drug dealing and getting pregnant in their teens and live on state assistance.

I do know that a small number of Nigerians have begun their 419 activities in Oz. I would say the student and professional classes of Nigerians are more in number though. But, one Nigerian fraudster is one too many IMO. There are a small number of Nigerian I have met in Australia so far, some put me off because of their usual mentality (which I'm sorry to say is general among Africans imo). To be honest, I prefer to keep my distance generally, until I run into some that have a different mindset.

All where gainfully employed though, either in professions or business owners. I think, in contrast to London, Australia is attracting Nigerians that are educated and established in Nigeria or elsewhere. At the very least they seem to be coming to Oz to study. They rarely come to Oz out of desperation or hunger....

I get your concern though, it's one I share.

why are african so pathetic? polluting everywhere...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.