Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,298 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! (4385 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw - Live / 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Matches Today (notables) / Which Football League Is The Best In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2006
Hi guys! Let's discuss all about this league here.

What I know is that Chelsea and Barca meet yet again but now in group stages. Honestly, this is not good news to me. how i wished they met in knock out for barca to carry out their business well.

Finals will be in athens-Greece in may. Manchester United and Benfica again. For arsenal with Porto & Hamburg SV we are through to round of 16. We are too big for such outfit after our good show in Paris last season.

Akola! thanks for controlling unnecessary topics on forum

Note:Anyone with match fixtures from group stages to post.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Akolawole(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2006
Priscila:

Akola!
thanks for controlling unnecessary topics on forum

I am not the moderator.

But we are all working together here.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2006
Good to hear that! keep up men.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by amodu(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2006
I know you are looking forward to the downfall of Chelsea
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Grizzly(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2006
Its no secret. WE know all the anti-chelsea fans onboard want Barca to whuup a$$ here.
But it doesnt work like that. Gone are the days when a Chelsea-Barca draw elicits pangs of fear in us.
The game is as even as it can be, with a slight favour on our side. ok lets look at the clubs recent form. u know the rest.

So far Arsenal has the cheapest draws yet. CSKA Moskva, FC Porto, and HAmburg SV,

Compared to Manure's: Benfica (rings a bell don't it? grin), FC Copenhagen and Celtic,

an Chelsea's: Barcelona!  shocked lipsrsealed, Weder Bremen!  shocked shocked and Levski Sofia,

We all know Chelsea got the hardest group after the draws, but we aint fazed.

we will have to watch where they all end up after all their games,   cool

vs   
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by goodguy(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2006
Priscila:

Note:Anyone with match fixtures from group stages to post.

For: GROUP A

Tuesday, September 12
Chelsea v Werder Bremen
Barcelona v Levski Sofia

Wednesday, September 27
Levski Sofia v Chelsea
Werder Bremen v Barcelona

Wednesday, October 18
Werder Bremen v Levski Sofia
Chelsea v Barcelona

Tuesday, October 31
Levski Sofia v Werder Bremen
Barcelona v Chelsea

Wednesday, November 22
Werder Bremen v Chelsea
Levski Sofia v Barcelona

Tuesday, December 5
Chelsea v Levski Sofia
Barcelona v Werder Bremen

Source
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2006
the badguy!
you are not that bad. thanks for those fixtures.
grizzly and amodu!
Your juju worked this time round. So not meeting your rivals Barca to knock you out.
still Dinho will bamboozle to beat 11 defenders not even four.
Are you aware your hype and billions cant stop Barca doing their business on pitch.
Arsenal has the toughest group. Its like you all dont know it.
its Man to meet ordinary benfica with a simple group
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by goodguy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2006
GROUP B

Tuesday, September 12
Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan
Bayern Munich v Spartak Moscow

Wednesday, September 27
Spartak Moscow v Sporting Lisbon
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich

Wednesday, October 18
Inter Milan v Spartak Moscow
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Tuesday, October 31
Spartak Moscow v Inter Milan
Bayern Munich v Sporting Lisbon

Wednesday, November 22
Spartak Moscow v Bayern Munich
Inter Milan v Sporting Lisbon

Tuesday, December 5
Sporting Lisbon v Spartak Moscow
Bayern Munich v Inter Milan

@Priscy, you know i've never been bad; it's the admin that's playing with my username.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by under18(f): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2006
i dont some teams here
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by mukina2: 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2006
the blues were lucky they can still qualify even if barca beat them angry
manure i hope they end like they did last ucl grin
gunners i know we will go further cool
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Akolawole(m): 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2006
@Grizzly and amodu

This thread is not Chelsea's thread.

Lets discuss Champions league.
Thanks.

@Prisccy

Every team team deserve respect including Chelsea.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Chxta(m): 2:40am On Aug 29, 2006
Milan had a meek draw. . .
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2006
yeah respect. Thats why i said Uefa is on. Dont feel vexed just because i mentioned Chelsea or arsenal. they are part of the league too
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by amodu(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2006
I want to see every club fighting hard.

i dont want a situation whereby the big teams will just qualify very easy.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2006
Amodu
you are right. all teams should stand up tall not to roll over for slaughter like last season.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by amodu(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2006
Like the one given to man United by Benfica last season
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2006
Man u looks set to claim a hat trick of titles after starting with a bang this season.They already have one secret. to score as many goals as possible on meeting a weaker side. I admire their character though but Arsenal will still be a uefa finalist.
About Barca they look a terrifying side still.
Ac milan is already weakened by Scheva's move,Lyon without Diarra!Its tempting to ignore Real madrid
who can predict the winner?
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2006
this time round all big names look favourites of reaching quarters again.
name them:
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by sosa08(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2006
hi all,
i would want to respect real madrid more this time
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by kitaun(m): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2006
Funny enough i wanted Chelsea to win Barca last season and i will still tout them to win if they meet again, sorry if am ruffling feathers with these my yarns, but yet they will not make the last 4, sorry to dissapoint Mourin-hole

Real Madrid too should go places with the acquisition of RVN and co, but win nooooo tongue

Man Utd, am a little sceptical about their chances in the UECL though i know they should win a trophy this season maybe they will retain Carling cup grin

The Liverpudlians have come to be known as cup finalists but i don't fancy their chances in the last 4 of the UECL

Lyon, forget about them, they will look for the extra bite and they will not find it, not when they will be so drained from domestic battles especially as teams like Marseille and Lille will try wrestling the Lique 1 from their hold

AC MILAN, for me has always been the consistent team in the world, and i will always fancy their chances in the last 4

As for ARSENAL WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SAY? WIN THE UECL OF COURSE cool cool cheesy

More to come later!
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2006
Guys you will be surprised when Arsenal meet bayern Munich in Greece.
its sure Gunners will be in finals
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Grizzly(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2006
Akola, dont be slighting men, what did i do, ? shocked
Its all bout the champions league ma broda. .
We qualified for it, dint we, ?

Anyways i think our game on the 12th's gon be a hit,
like u know weder bremen are like hot! what with miroslav,
looking forward to it. . (than i'd to to barca-chelsea). cool
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2006
Grizzly
I tire for you with that Portuguese man Mourinho.
Chelsea are out of league and even Kola confirmed that so just chill men!
September is here for guys to start battling out.
Arsenal is a final material no hassle about it.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Grizzly(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2006
Even Kola confirmed what, ?? shocked
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by amodu(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2006
what?
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Grizzly(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2006
. . And just when i think Arsenal have got some sort of strict opposition, FIFA threatening to ban them!!!!! angry shocked
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2006
Grizzly
not even in your wildest dreams will Arsenal be banned. you wished us hell during Bevern case we won not forgetting you also prayed to gods for us to lose particpating in UeFA when tottenham was fullbast last season.
In england its only Arsenal to go past quarters not even man U or Liverpool
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Grizzly(m): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2006
No, i'm talking about Porto, in Arsenals group.
I read both Porto, and Benfica in Manure's group, could be banned from the competition
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2006
ok!
I now get it. You know when i see the name Arsenal I become myopic immediately.
thanks for yopur clarification.
Let them ban Porto not Benfica who will oust some English teams like Man U and co.
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by kitaun(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by amodu(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2006
Priscilia why do you want Porto to be ban?
Re: UEFA Champions League Is On: Discuss! by Priscila(f): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2006
Amodu!
for obvious reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aston Villa Captain Stiliyan Petrov Diagnosed With Acute Leukaemia / The Europa League Results Of All Matches Played Yestaerday / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.