Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff (37195 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Diogo1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
Erastus Akingbola once told us 'you cannot be rich working for me'.

If you are affected, take heart. I was once in this condition. I have moved on and better for it.

I'm now a large employer of labour. Be encouraged and inspired.

5 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
stop fooling urself,booking or not wont make ur like better nt diminish it,face ur front

Why are you so harsh ?

Are you looking for work ?
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by acidtalk: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
lionshare:
What I don't seem to understand is that why sack people and then go out to employ another set....is it that the workers were sacked because they are not capable? Or what?

No! They were sacked to cut cost. You employ contract staff who you will pay far less and will do more job.

Why pay someone N150,000 to do a job and the person will be frowning and thinking he is doing his employers a favor when you can employ 3 people and pay them N50,000 each and they will work extremely hard.

OUTSOURCING IS THE WAY OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD.

3 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by p1jiobi: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
If fedilt bank must move forward clogs in d wheel of progress must give wayy.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrMcJay(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

I pity Nigerian youth

Pity yourself and your father's house.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

.sweery how the heck r we so pose to find woman if we don't get her details??.... Duh!! undecided
so its woman u are finding on a thread like undecided.shey punny don finish for pecham and romance section ni undecided
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
kingthreat:
And the unemployment rate soars higher and higher.

Yes bro.

GEJ is working..
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nazeeboy:
I will close my fidelity bank account because of this shit they've done.

Imo, not marketing any bank.

But trust anything UBA, Zenith, First bank and GTB.

Others Oyo..
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
Eeya,may God provide the sacked a quicked and better source of income....
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
If this information is true,
Then their customer should speed up and withdraw their money from them before they wi fold.

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
so its woman u are finding on a thread like undecided.shey punny don finish for pecham and romance section ni undecided

..Errmm .sweeery may ..I remind u that u nomba 16 on ma list so pls pls pls....act like lady and wait yor turn,gademmit! (no oofense) angry
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Skoopy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
My fellow youths, Agriculture can project us to a world of fortune. Look around you, you will find something tangible to cultivate base on your state of residence or origin as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by originally(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
I TOT THEY ARE FIDELITY,AND THEY ALWAYS KEEP THEIR WORD?
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..Errmm .sweeery may ..I remind u that u nomba 16 on ma list so pls pls pls....act like lady and wait yor turn,gademmit! (no oofense) angry
goddamnit .,.lmfaooo..fvck u mr cork grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

Why are you so harsh ?

Are you looking for work ?
u were harsh too na....nope
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by iswallker(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Sack is a good reminder to youth in the labour market that its not the duty of your employer to make you rich. Find your path through the maze, it's a cold world.

Maze Runner is scary though... grin

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by obstead200(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
acidtalk:

No! They were sacked to cut cost. You employ contract staff who you will pay far less and will do more job.

Why pay someone N150,000 to do a job and the person will be frowning and thinking he is doing his employers a favor when you can employ 3 people and pay them N50,000 each and they will work extremely hard.

OUTSOURCING IS THE WAY OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD.
u sound happy with d developments.

While I don't doubt d positive financial impact of outsourcing on the bottom line of d private biz man, I want to point out dat it is d primary duty of d govt to provide an enabling economic environment for its citizens to Survive and thrive. So u shud not pray for mass sack especially in d civil service when govt has not provided an alternative investment and survival option

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by onyxo76(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
ebube89:
i just heard that fidelity bank are on a sacking spree now. The first set of about 300 staffs were sacked in December while about were sacked last week. i will like those who hav experienced dis to give their first hand experience . I WILL LOVE DIS TO BE IN THE FRONT PAGE SO PEOPLE EXPRESS DIA MINDS.
not sure about this,they just opened a branch here in ile-ife just last week... where will they get workers to man their new branches if they are on a sacking spree as you put it...
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
u were harsh too na....nope

Ok, Sorry.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
goddamnit .,.lmfaooo..fvck u mr cork grin grin

..fvuk me?... Sweeery I hope we do! wink

4 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..fvuk me?... Sweeery I hope we do! wink

Pictures or i dontbilivit
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by patrickmuf(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
Since the Jonathanians are eager to claim every good news emanating from Nigeria, I think it's fair to blame the GEJ led administration for these unfortunate development...

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
kennaustine:
We are fidelity... we keep our word.
And they kept their word by sack over 500 staff...
If uv ever lost a job, ull know that it not a pleasant experience.
I wish those sacked find better opportunities
cool

If you were the CEO, you will do just same(sack, to cut cost) to stay afloat cool cool cool cool
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Reference(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
booqee:
hmm na wa o. i think its true tho..I heard something similar. seem they want to change their workforce so they will most likely need new hands.

i know its bad news for some pple and I really do feel sorry for them but at the same time it may be beneficial to some others. I heard from a source that they would soon start massive recruitment..infact they're receiving CV's now. cos I went to drop my CV at their head office in V.I..but don't know if they've stopped collecting.

but we should always av it at the back of our mind that bank job is never permanent so you're not caught unawares

Hmm. Rat race. It is only a rat that sees his brother caught in a trap with cheese in its mouth that will not ask how come before nibbling its own. Okay oh.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by baruzeez(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
acidtalk:
Go through my recent threads and post. I have said this will happen a while back.

However, THIS IS JUST THIS BEGINNING. More than 4,000 Bank workers will be sacked especially in THREE main banks between now and April.

The sacking Tsunami will cut across the Oil and Gas, Banking, Insurance, Mutual Fund, Stock Broking, Healthcare, and Civil Servants.

When acidtalk speaks, you all should listen.
God for spoil ya lyf oloriburku somebody. Na ya
family dem go sack, abeg no dey come nl dey forecast rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by fyneboi79(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
gen2briz:
We'll set up committee to investigate the matter.
And another committee to oversee ur committee grin
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Sack is a good reminder to youth in the labour market that its not the duty of your employer to make you rich. Find your path through the maze, it's a cold world.

YEA THAT GAVE BIRTH TO www.naira2dollar.com.ng AN E-CURRENCY EXCHANGE COMPANY.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by gen2briz(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
fyneboi79:
And another committee to oversee ur committee grin

Another committee also to summarize it...
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by nerodenero: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
I detest the act of receiving salaries.I hate it when I have to wait for somebody to decide when all my plans can be executed because he owes the key to such execution which is my salary.

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Champele(m): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
I blame PDP for dis grin
Blame them too for your lazy a*s.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by melvin0004(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
fall in oil prices affecting d economy, banks are affected 2 nt only fidelity even stanbic ibtc bank too sack nationwide recently.more banks 2 follow 2 . outsourcing is cheaper for most banks nw.y paid a full staff #250k on a job ond holder can perform 4 60K.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.