Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why You Should Never Swear At Strangers On The Train... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Should Never Swear At Strangers On The Train... (506 Views)

FG To Train 100,000 Graduates As Extension Workers, Says Osinbajo / For Anatomy,physiology Graduate.....get A Skill...train As Sonograher / FG And C-STEMP To Train 370,000 Artisans In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Swear At Strangers On The Train... by rafcrown(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Commuter told to go 'f*** yourself' on Tube interviews abuser an hour later

Why you should never swear at strangers on the train...

By Ruth Doherty, Feb 20, 2015

Britain Subway StrikeASSOCIATED PRESS

A HR executive travelling to work on the Tube was told to go f*** himself by a fellow passenger - who he later interviewed for a job.

Matt Buckland was the victim of the angry rant as he took the Tube in the morning rush hour.

He was barged out of the way and verbally abused as the man rushed to get off the train at Monument station.

According to the Metro, Matt said: "I explained I was getting off too but he pushed past and then looked back and suggested I might like to go f*** myself."

The later that day the same man turned up for an interview with Matt.

And he took to Twitter to relay the incident. He wrote: "Karma - the guy who pushed past me on the tube and then suggested I go F myself just arrived for his interview...with me..."

The man did not immediately recognise Matt but came to realise his mistake, which Mr Buckland had a good sense of humour about.

Speaking to the Mirror, he said: "I hinted at it and eventually he realised.

"Laughed it off and carried on. The Tube makes everyone cranky smiley."

Matt said the man did not get the job, but not because of the incident, just because he was not right for it.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, he said: "It would be easy to hold something like this over someone in an interview, but for me interviews aren't about that.

"When you interview you are looking for a read of skills but also to know if that person is a real human being, it's about that connection.

"By the end of the interview we laughed it off and were both happy."

And, if you're looking for a job, Matt's still looking for an applicant - just don't swear at him on the way to the interview.

(1) (Reply)

Field Representatives At Dragnet Solutions Limited / Professional Laundryman/drycleaner Wanted For Immediate Job / Things To Do When You Are Overqualified For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.