Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper (18822 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury / "How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Charlesdonald(m): 5:46am On Feb 21, 2015
Iwe Irohin was Nigeria's First indigenous Newspaper,
first published 3 December,1859. Yoruba edition =
120 cowries, English = 1penny.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by kilokeys(m): 5:50am On Feb 21, 2015
life sef... u play ur turn.. u ball out.

what really matters to u now?

that car? the fashion? the girls?

215 years later... mehn..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 21, 2015
The good old days when the regions of a later forced contraption better known today as Nigeria were vibrant and self sustainable.

The Niger areas were self dependent until for easy administration and convenience for the colonialists we were arm-twisted to merge.

There was a country.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by GboyegaD(m): 6:06am On Feb 21, 2015
Wow! This is nice and an indication that we could have done better without the intervention of the Britons in our affairs.
That said, I think the topic is misleading though since there was no Nigeria until 1914. I was actually looking forward to the one that was printed in 1923.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by CEtoO(f): 6:10am On Feb 21, 2015
IWE IROYIN FUN AWON OMO EGBA ATI YORUBA (full name)

9 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by seunfly: 6:31am On Feb 21, 2015
Anytime I remember this, I just wonder what their interest was, what they were eager to read and the answers they were eager to get from that news paper.

As life moves on, priorities changes, question changes and answers we wants to get changes.

The question is, is our priorities today for our better tomorrow or for our own selfish today and worse tomorrow?

PDP, APC Religious leaders, Traditional leaders, Organisation leaders etc let think about this and act well for the future generation.

12 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by siraj1402(m): 6:39am On Feb 21, 2015
Now I believe that Yoruba is really leading in every civilisations.
If I say this,I don't mean to be bias or ethnic bigot.
1st African Television is located in Ibadan
1st Nigeria University is in Ibadan
Cocoa house was the tallest during its time
1st person to charted Concord airline to West African is MKO
1st female driver is a Yoruba
And so many more.
With all this knowledge, for Yoruba nation to be fully active and discover our full potential, we need true federalism.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by blackjack21(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2015
there must be a first time for everything.

Does IWE IROHIN means news paper in youruba language?
cheesycheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by lolaxavier(m): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2015
blackjack21:
there must be a first time for everything.

Does IWE IROHIN means news paper in youruba language?
cheesycheesycheesy

No ... It means paper news...

10 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by blackjack21(m): 6:50am On Feb 21, 2015
lolaxavier:

No ... It means paper news...

undecided . Anyway IWE means book not paper. Ithink yoruba lang lack vocabs. tongue
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 21, 2015
sunnyshayne:
The good old days when the regions of a later forced contraption better known today as Nigeria were vibrant and self sustainable.

The Niger areas were self dependent until for easy administration and convenience for the colonialists we were arm-twisted to merge.

There was a country.....
dat is not what Achebe meant when he said there was a country;he was referring to his Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 21, 2015
This shows nothing last forever..

Do your time,and bow out..

2 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by TeamSimple(m): 6:55am On Feb 21, 2015
Proudly ODUA and Egba

11 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by amokeme(f): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2015
cool
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Emmeritus:
dat is not what Achebe meant when he said there was a country;he was referring to his Biafra.

Because Achebe wrote a book and titled it " there was a country" does not mean no man born of a woman should ever use such phrase or anything similar to articulate his views. Mr onwuzurike or secretary of MASSOB please let me be!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Charlesdonald(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2015
Nigeria has gone a long way

1 Like

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by LagosBoi2(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2015
Sai Osinbajo!

Sai Buhari!!

Sai APC !!!

#IN BUHARI WE TRUST#

9 Likes

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 21, 2015
Lovely
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 21, 2015
sunnyshayne:

Because Achebe wrote a book and titled it " there was a country" does not mean no man born of a woman should ever use such phrase or anything similar to articulate his views. Mr onwuzurike or secretary of MASSOB please let me be!
ok sir.
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by djeezy(m): 7:01am On Feb 21, 2015
Interesting.
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by chinchong: 7:01am On Feb 21, 2015
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Obaiyski(m): 7:02am On Feb 21, 2015
LagosBoi2:
Sai Osinbajo!

Sai Buhari!!

Sai APC !!!

#IN BUHARI WE TRUST#
Mitcheww!

1 Like

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by lightheart(m): 7:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Old school lapae!
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by eghos12(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2015
baba GOD thank you o 156 years don pass and we are still one

THERE IS GOD O

NIGERIA
Although i suppose to hate this country right now due to past leaders making the young generation to suffer for ther f***k up ness and if i reside with this rule i will faill on my quest. To acheive success i need to love this country whole heartdly after all this is the only place i can do anyhow,speak what like, insult foreginers, refugess and all others and safe and okay i will be no harm can before me why CAUSE AM A BLOODY NIGERIAN

1 Like

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2015
Lovely
Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Smartlux(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2015
wow, it was trending then

1 Like

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Kruzilano(m): 7:07am On Feb 21, 2015
I read it also.. Wen newspaper was newspaper.

1 Like

Re: See The Pics Of Nigeria First Newspaper by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 21, 2015
OK its nothing ..... Gej till obasanjo becomes tailor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Locations Being Saved From Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) / Obaseki, Ikpeazu, Uduaghan & Ayiri Emami At Pinnick's Thanksgiving In Warri / Fayemi Congratulates Tinubu, Proposes Government Of National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.