Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (21764 Views)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Omino: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
You're right, Egbin is more than 27 years with 5 units. Another one unit is added and the entire plant rehabilitated to full capacity. Today, it can make 1320MW as we speak. The new unit as we saw it today, has the latest technology DCS.
Let's stop speaking disparagingly of these achievements no matter where is coming from. We are chanting for change without change of mind. I think, these are the reasons we are unable to recognize CHANGE.

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.[/quote]
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Omino: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
You're right, Egbin is more than 27 years with 5 units. Another one unit is added and the entire plant rehabilitated to full capacity. Today, it can make 1320MW as we speak. The new unit as we saw it today, has the latest technology DCS.
Let's stop speaking disparagingly of these achievements no matter where is coming from. We are chanting for change without change of mind. I think, these are the reasons we are unable to recognize CHANG

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Akpan107(m): 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Which achievement?. Egbin is more than 27 years old. I did excursion there during Buharis regime and NEPA Nigerian engineers were taking control.of a very sophisticated plant. Everything went to dregs with IBB regime

This is a RE COMMISSIONING. That is they are commissioning again an already commissioned expansion of just one additional unit of a 30 year old plant.

When Buhari enters office again, the quality of education will improve and you guys will learn to reason critically and stop falling for LIES from politicians who are less intelligent than you.

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.
That former Coupist will never rule Nigeria!

He can only rule in dream!

4 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by madjune(m): 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:
[s][/s]

How is egbin going to cover ajao? U don't know anything about power generation, transmission nd distribution so keep quite

So mr know it all, which power centre covers ajao?
And why hasn't there been an improvement in 6yrs?
We had much better light in 2011 under Minister of power then, Barth Nnaji.

Why are we far worse than we were in 2011?

Doess that show growth or improvement?

You tell me or...you keep quiet.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bayplus: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
sanc2s:
you brought out time to type all this rubbish and tomorrow u pray to your allah that you want Progress. My dear, am sorry to tell u, You're a FOOL
Don't be deceived by the name "halimaabj" , most GEJ supporters these days try to use northern or southwestern names or identity as their usernames just to confuse others.

We know where most of them are from.

As things stand, the best and highest vote for GEJ Will come from South South and South east, though some states may still disappoint him.

On the unusual and frequent commissioning and re-commissioning of power plants now, I smell a rat.

I am aware that Mr. President, is desperate to get re-elected by hooks or crooks, that explains why he has been visiting all manners of churches recently.

He didn't bother to visit 80% of these churches in 2011, when he was certain of winning, now that "Things are falling apart".

Some smart guys are doing some smart subtle campaigns through some phoney commissioning here and then that has not translated to light in our houses.

I leave in Ketu, close to Ikorodu not far from Egbin. If I don't see any improvement in power supply between now and march 28th, then GEJ'S phoney power plant commissioning will not change my mind, I can't tqke the commissioning on the face value.

However, I am impressed so far with GEJ's recent effort at crushing the BOKO Boys and he may convince some of us to have a change of heart if he can get the substantial part of the job done.

There aare three areas I believe GEJ has failed woefully.

Namely
Security, not just Boko boys, even Kidnapping and armed robbery has been on increase.

Power Supply, let's hope we can see improved power supply between now and march 28th.

And finally and most importantly,
CORRUPTION that he has elevated to the highest possible level in his administration. From Subsidy scam, immigration job scam, NNPC scam, Stella Oduah, etc. EFCC has honestly become moribund sinc3 he came to office.
He keeps celebrating people of questionable characters like Femi fani kayode, Alamesiagh etc.

Corruption is my biggest worry with his administration.

And I know some goons will try to justify him by arguing that since other leaders before him arre also corrupt, so it is ok.

I dont like APC especially with people like Tinubu around Buhari and that's why I will be happy to see the APC lose in lagos but PDP and GEJ doesn't deserve another 4years with level of economic mismanagement under GEJ'S administration.

Nigerian economic has been handed over to a few "cabal" with little or no sympathy foe the nigerians.

For me, if nothing change by March 28th,

Otueke straight!!!

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Eluwilussit(m): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This is commendable. I hope this commission with immediate effect on our power supply. Let's not hear it'll take another couple of years before we feel the effect. Commissioning means ready to use meaning right now Nigeria can confidently boast of an additional 1320MW. If we add yesterday's commissioning Nigeria has an additional 2000mw electricity production. This is what this means right?

Is it Jonathan that will manage the distribution, sustenance and maintenance? The man has done his bit by providing the power stations. Our brothers and sisters are the ones who will rubbish the whole thing and still come here to cry for change.

That's exactly what NOI meant when she said that it will take time to fix the system. We need to change as a people. When we do, then the government will change because they are people chosen among us.

If you go to Calabar, the people come out after heavy rain to clean the road. They clean public places without being told. They have maintenance culture. Calabar ayaya! Lol

The real govt is the people. Not the few at the top. The day we realize that the policitians are only our representatives and treat them as such, that's when we will enjoy true progress.

3 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by eemalex(m): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Egbin has been sold so we dont know what Jonathan is still doing commissioning somebody's private expansion to his property.
Profit motive should be driving the business so the power plants should be expanding on their own to grow their business.
Oga Egbin was never sold, get actual facts before posting

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by emmyblings(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
You are a big fool...a he goat indeed,, why didn't you criticise other past leaders for not re-commissioning d power plant station? na only gej una see? idiot like you cow. namun daji.....animal!! twerp. undecidedYou are a big fool...a he goat indeed,, why didn't you criticise other past leaders for not re-commissioning d power plant station? na only gej una see? idiot like you cow. namun daji.....animal!! twerp.

2 Likes

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bigtt76(f): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Busy commissioning while we continue to have darkness undecided something is wrong somewhere. BTW what is the new power stations going to use? Water, Air or Sun? Cos no one is asking this or telling us hw far grin
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by tunde1200(m): 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Yes...

simpleseyi:
I want light in my house. I am not interested in using generator to watch our president commission refurbished power projects. Give us light. Gaskia. I don't care how you do it. If you can steal the moon, the sun and all the stars from God and use it to give us light, It is okay by me. I just want light and not power projects that don't produce light.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
No source. No pictures. No comment
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by DesChyko: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmm.. These APC supporters will stop at nothing to discredit the achievements of GEJ. Before you keep saying the rehabilitation began in Obasanjo's regime, see this excerpt
The rehabilitation of Unit Six (ST-06) in Egbin, which suffered a boiler tube explosion in 2006, began in November, 2014 and was completed in January, 2015. This rehabilitation restored the plant back to its full capacity of 1320MW and was carried out by Hitachi.
Notice the time it got spoilt and the time rehabilitation began. So don't give the wrong person the praise.
Yeah, it took quite long for him to fix it, but he did it under his reign. Beats the scenario of his rival who has had his personal certificate (if he has one) missing for almost 30 years and did nothing about it undecided
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by aryzgreat: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
madjune:

So mr know it all, which power centre covers ajao?
And why hasn't there been an improvement in 6yrs?
We had much better light in 2011 under Minister of power then, Barth Nnaji.

Why are we far worse than we were in 2011?

Doess that show growth or improvement?

You tell me or...you keep quiet.

When u are ready to learn u ask d right question
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ohenhen1: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Slow and gradual process. The FG should just break ground on two 3500 MW power plant. Combine that with Nuclear power and IPP in each state, our power situation would be solved.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by wallex1983(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is a simple case of using agege bread to pack away our small stew. Egbin has 6units of 220MW each totalling 1320. Unit 6 had been out. Despite, the company which iڪ the largest producer doesn't even wheel 600. The newly commissioned 220MW unit 6 won't give more than 150MW max. Note. All these commissioned projects have long ago been connected to the grid. So, no new thing

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by ahaz: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

For now please enjoy your RE-COMMISSIONING of one of the units of a 30 year old power plant by a lame duck president watching himself leaving office.
am happy you said its 32ys old and it went bad during ibbs regime.and obviously no other plant has being bult until d coming of d lame duck that nw dime it fit to repair it and buld additional 10new plants.so with d level of your so called education a man that did all dis is nt an achievment to you? Dat means your mum feed you with ogogoro and cow milk when you are born.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by marvelito: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

how can someone who does not have a certificate improve ur own educational standard?
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by soggy28(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
No reason to jubilate yet until the said power is transmitted to my house.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Chigold101(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire2:
Good but that won't stop me firefire from voting for Buhari.Sai Buhari.
you have made up your mind. I like your style it shows me that you are an APC member but just one of those who for one reason or another wants GEJ out.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by wonda26(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat

Looks like you work with a genco.

The way you are claiming that discos should be held responsible.... Not correct at all.

We all know that energy generated is not even enough. I mean, the highest MW generated on the national grid is 4,517.6MW which was on the 23rd of December 2012. As at February 2015, generation stood at 3768.2MW. This is far below the present demand forecast of about 12,000MW. How can everyone now enjoy light at the same time?

There is transmission wahala too with the terrible network. Load shedding even at disco level. There are revenue collection losses. .amongst several other problems.

The summary is that the power sector has been in a rot. Its too early to start claiming success/shifting blames. The whole sector needs serious time and lot of revamping.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by madjune(m): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
aryzgreat:

When u are ready to learn u ask d right question

You're an escapist fool just like your master.

Giving excuses for failure rather than perform.
Empty brains.

I know you're supporting jonathan along religious or tribal lines, that's all.

Retard minds.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by omonnakoda: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

You amused me. The privatisation scheme was to GEJ's credit.
What do you mean? . How much money did the government spend on it whether it is to his credit or debit is not what I responded to I responded to a very specific statement of "FACT" which is FALSE. It remains to be seen whether the privatisation is a good thing we assume it is but it MUST BE DEMONSTRATED

Mind you I am neither a PDP or APC sympathizer and am not interested in politicking. If I am to give him credit it is for electricity NOT FOR COMMISSIONING

The fact is the plant was not refurbished by government so whether you wish to give him credit for that or give him credit for the new building

my neighbour completed recently is neither here nor there they are PRIVATE projects.

Still the refurbishment is YET to translate into LIGHT.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by Duru009(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Its toooooo late. GEJ must go.

Sai Buhari.
I have decided.!!

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bodejohn(m): 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
You can dispute GEJ's power plant but you can't dispute mine...Generating power from the sun for 28months...

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by hush15: 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Egbin has been sold so we dont know what Jonathan is still doing commissioning somebody's private expansion to his property.
Profit motive should be driving the business so the power plants should be expanding on their own to grow their business.

naija, we no dey tire? You complain no light, you say Jona's fault. He is doing something about it, you saying what is his buisness with light?

stick to one abeg and stop waivering and nagging.

GEJ, thus says the Lord of Host. I am God and change not. I chose you not because you are the best but cause of your heart. The earth is mine and i have choosen you to lead my people. They will resist but fear not, i am with you and as i as with Joshua and the patriachs of old, i am with you and i will magnify you. You will lead and the nation will once again see light amidst darkness and show forth my beauty and praise. do not follow the voice of men. hearken to me, and you will prevail and do righteousness in my sight. i will teach you cause my spirit will be in you. you will rise and not fall, you will win and not fail. Triumphant will be your way, say i, The Lord of Host
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by mrmetoo1: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Is it Jonathan that will manage the distribution, sustenance and maintenance? The man has done his bit by providing the power stations. Our brothers and sisters are the ones who will rubbish the whole thing and still come here to cry for change.

That's exactly what NOI meant when she said that it will take time to fix the system. We need to change as a people. When we do, then the government will change because they are people chosen among us.

If you go to Calabar, the people come out after heavy rain to clean the road. They clean public places without being told. They have maintenance culture. Calabar ayaya! Lol

The real govt is the people. Not the few at the top. The day we realize that the policitians are only our representatives and treat them as such, that's when we will enjoy true progress.

Maintenance is different. All I'm asking is, is it ready to add value to our lives directly? Thats all!! You're already getting defensive for no reason
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by mrmetoo1: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLADD:

Yes, that's what it means. However, there's a caveat here, all hands must be on deck to fight against agents of backwardness who have been vandalising gas pipelines thereby preventing constant supply of gas to power the plants. The Minister of Power was almost in tears while narrating the destructive tendencies of the vandals in his presentations penultimate week. Going by his words, some disgruntled elements had always gone on prowl to sabotage improved supply of electricity by blocking gas supply maybe, to serve as a campaign tool for those who wants to hijack power by all means. The cheering news is that, according to the minister, the days of the vandals and their sponsors are numbered..

I'm sorry but how long before that reason/excuse becomes hogwash to you? We've been hearing this for years. Are we saying there's no hope against these saboteurs?? And when he says numbered, what are we working with here? Is it numbered in years, months, days?? Let them expose these animals quickly please and if they can't perhaps they should let others come show them how its done
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by vikyno(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Adminisher:

Let him improve the quality of education in his village first. Charity they say begins at home.
ThAnk God for GEJ's almajari schools.
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by azeezengr(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
I decided to comment on this largely to educate those who are williny on the subject matter. Egbin power plant is located at Egbin/Ijede end of Ikorodu axis. It is among the power plant sold to investors in 2013. Its present owner is SAHARA who is in joint venture with KEPCO. The plant has 6 units of 220MW each since inceptuon in early 80*s, thus installed capacity is 1320 MW. But out of this only unit 1 to 4 have been operating at about 60% of installed capacity and average of 500 ~ 700 MW is what Egbin haa been cpntributing to Grid aince about 2 years ago till now due tp aging. Unit 5 and 6 have been out for yeara but unit 5 was revived about a month ago and during test running it is given about 50-100MW(less than 50%) due to aging. This unit 5 that was rehabilitate is what our President came to commission. Prof Nebo was at Egbin few weeks back for same. I left the rest for people to discern what is happening. Am ready to clarify any question devoid of abuse or fowl lang. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by walemoney007(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
[
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by bidex(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
campaign antics by People deceive People. we no chop that antics! why is it within 6 weeks of postponed election all these is happening? and our FBO(For Belle Only) media are just one sided with their news!
Re: Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta by diportivo: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
anonimi:

Did you petition your SINator and representaTHIEF to vote against the purchase of the presidential jets in the budget
the sinator and representatheives are in the minority...their vote wouldnt av mattered..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nzeogwu, Orkar Are Martyrs, Says Fani-kayode / Buhari Doing Same Mistake Jonathan Did In 2015 – Ben Bruce / “Sowore’s Travails Are Self Inflicted. He Created The Tragic Villain” - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.