Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

5 Facts About Forgiveness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Facts About Forgiveness (24869 Views)

5 Truths About Forgiveness / Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by portaableg(f): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
I forgive, but i don't forget. Two guys hurt me so much on Nairaland (with words). I forgive them both, but will never forget. cry
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
Its getting hot
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by ojoalalibo: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web
developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 months!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://erisanolasheni..com
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by 2kris(m): 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
7*70 time i will do what it take to make it right
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by wummyanthoy: 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
4givns is good witout it we wouldn't be alive 2day ! God said he 'll have mercy on dos he will have mercy ! If u refused 2 4giv n God 4givs d prsn who offended U r wasting ur time ! Mercy is unmerited favour dat any man can get frm God not man ! God can make a man's enemy as his or her ladder 2 d top d way he did 2 joseph !
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Thanks for sharing... I have a challenge... I find it difficult to forgive... I am working on it.

Hi...people are really different
I am soo forgiving it is almost a disease!

So bad that if I feel someone is sorry, or trying to make amends...they wouldnt even say so.. and I am making life very easy for them, I even become apologetic and say sorry for something too cheesy
Very bad
Sappy me

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
portaableg:
I forgive, but i don't forget. Two guys hurt me so much on Nairaland (with words). I forgive them both, but will never forget. cry

My advice is to face the real world
What people say on here should not matter that much, unless there is something I am missing
Well...my opinion sha

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by portaableg(f): 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
milychocs:

My advice is to face the real world
What people say on here should not matter that much, unless there is something I am missing
Well...my opinion sha
There's nothing u are missing.
Hmmmm you are so right.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
portaableg:

There's nothing u are missing.
Hmmmm you are so right.

Good babe
Cheers

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by siegfried99(m): 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

Thanks,

But I don't need any quaranic quote here. Go to your section and create a thread.

undecided

Hmm
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by elari(m): 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Both religion & islam4muslims are my sections. I have the right to propagate my religion on either of the 2.

tongue
U are a very stupid Ediot. U come here talking about forgiveness, yet ur actions shows u are a religious bigot. Thunder faya u dia

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by madjune(m): 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
How can one forgive siblings and friends who deserted one in his time of need but try to warm up to him when he's made it?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
Got a very close friend who offended me last yr Feb and am finding it hard to forgive him. The more i think of forgiving him, the more angry I get lolz, especially him claiming right even when his own gf and sister told him he is the one at fault. One yr we haven't called each oda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
siegfried99:

Hmm
Why the gesture?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
madjune:
How can one forgive siblings and friends who deserted one in his time of need but try to warm up to him when he's made it?
Hmm.
That's a hard nut to crack, but forgiveness would suffice, therefore teaching and making them to understand that no condition is permanent.

It's also an avenue for them to learn more about forgiving.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by madjune(m): 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
milychocs:

Hi...people are really different
I am soo forgiving it is almost a disease!

So bad that if I feel someone is sorry, or trying to make amends...they wouldnt even say so.. and I am making life very easy for them, I even become apologetic and say sorry for something too cheesy
Very bad
Sappy me

What you have is a symptom of low self esteem.

I'm sorry.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by tola9ja: 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
LUKE 19-27King James Version (KJV)

But those mine enemies{ OREMUSSANCTUS}, which would not want me to reign over them, bring them, and [size=17pt]slay[/size] them before me.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Coldfeet(f): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Both religion & islam4muslims are my sections. I have the right to propagate my religion on either of the 2.

tongue
Francistony and co leave this guy alone biko! TRUE Christians are accommodating and tolerant! By the way if you feel offended that rilwayne001 made a comment here why not forgive him in advance?

Bro rilwanyne thanks for your contribution! And bro Francis thank you for this thread.

#liveandletlive

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by mathow55(m): 12:20am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=tola9ja post=30960909]LUKE 19-27King James Version (KJV)

But those mine enemies{ OREMUSSANCTUS}, which would not want me to reign over them, bring them, and [size=17pt]slay[/size] them before me.[/quote

mr go back to that scripture and start reading it from vs11 to 27. am sure you wil get a clear understanding of what that verse is saying.
God bless you as you do that
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by femolala001(m): 12:24am On Feb 22, 2015
This is so true
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by eminent007(m): 12:25am On Feb 22, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Hi rilwanye001. .. do Muslims forgive those that leave Islam. .. u guys murder them

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17

Mohammed believed in retaliation and not forgiveness

Narrated Anas: The daughter of An-Nadr slapped a girl and broke her incisor tooth. They (the relatives of that girl), came to the Prophet and he gave the order of Qisas (equality in punishment).

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:32

Narrated Abu Juhaifa: I asked 'Ali "Do you have anything Divine literature besides what is in the Qur'an?" Or, as Uyaina once said, "Apart from what the people have?" 'Ali said, "By Him Who made the grain split (germinate) and created the soul, we have nothing except what is in the Quran and the ability (gift) of understanding Allah's Book which He may endow a man, with and what is written in this sheet of paper." I asked, "What is on this paper?" He replied, "The legal regulations of Diya (Blood-money) and the (ransom for) releasing of the captives, and the judgment that no Muslim should be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for killing a Kafir (disbeliever)."

— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:50

CASE CLOSED!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by franconian: 12:30am On Feb 22, 2015
Forgive? Well I personally don't take things to heart but that's just me....it's not because of the bible quotations the OP cited above.

Now let's look at the bigger picture (from the bible viewpoint). God whom Christians claim to have commanded them to forgive had actually not led by example. He still keep enmity with Satan the Devil, hopefully awaiting the day he would destroy him totally.

Now, the bible admonishes us to forgive our offenders (perhaps, our enemies) yet the bible didn't record any attempt by God to make things right with Satan.

And now, God is using his creatures (humans) to prove to Satan that he is "da boss". Else, why would he expose the relatively weak human who did not even realise that he was naked to someone who was able to deceive perfect angels (who knew God personally) to fight against God? And the bible even recorded that heaven, God's abode, knew no peace until Satan and his gang where dismissed and banned from heaven. And that was when he was thrown down to earth (our realm) where humans would later reside?

I believe man was bound to fall, Satan is a very persistent being. If Eve had overcome him in that particular encounter, he will surely return to tempt them again until they eventually fall....He even tempted Christ 3 times. To me, Adam and Eve had no escape route considering that what is suppose to deter them from falling is death, which they knew nothing about....they don't even know if it is sweet or bitter. If angels could fall to Satan's trick, the first two humans had no real chance of succeeding.

To me, God is using us to flex muscles with the Devil. Man fell because Devil exist as an enemy of God...not a friend.
All what we suffer today is as a result of God's Unforgiven attribute!

If God could keep enmity, who are my

At times, I just want to let go of these things called religions cos so many things don't add up. And when you attempt to reason with their fanatics, they term you a blasphemer.

Religion is truly the opium of the people (at least, most people).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Mayere(m): 12:30am On Feb 22, 2015
may Almighty guide us to the righteous path
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by mezebel(f): 12:37am On Feb 22, 2015
Can buhary ever forgive jona if he loses this time?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Nice thread my friend..here is that the Quran also say about forgiveness.

Surah Ash-Shura, Verse 40:
But [remember that an attempt at] requiting evil may, too, become an evil: hence, whoever par­dons [his foe] and makes peace, his reward rests with God - for, verily, He does not love evildoers.

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 199:
[b] Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.

Surah Al-Qasas, Verse 54:
These it is that shall receive a twofold reward for having been patient in adversity, and having repelled evil with good, and having spent on others out of what We provided for them as sus­tenance,

Surah Fussilat, Verse 34:
But [since] good and evil cannot be equal, repel thou [evil] with something that is better and lo! he between whom and thyself was enmity [may then become] as though he had [always] been close [unto thee], a true friend!

AND yet Allah says to cut off the hands of a chicken thief?
Why kill apostates and so called blasphemers?
Islam doesn't teach forgiveness please stop lying

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Mhizkel(f): 12:43am On Feb 22, 2015
To err is human, to forgive is divine...An eye for an eye will only make d world go blind!
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by lovely17(m): 12:47am On Feb 22, 2015
funny enough I find it difficult to forgive
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by kikelomojessy(f): 12:47am On Feb 22, 2015
Cool down abit, just thanks wud hav been ok.
Not that he is trying to convert anyone.

FrancisTony:

Thanks,

But I don't need any quaranic quote here. Go to your section and create a thread.

undecided
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 22, 2015
madjune:

What you have is a symptom of low self esteem.

I'm sorry.
I disagree with you, people are really different. It might just be in her nature to forgive.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by malonephill(m): 1:05am On Feb 22, 2015
franconian:
Forgive? Well I personally don't take things to heart but that's just me....it's not because of the bible quotations the OP cited above.

Now let's look at the bigger picture (from the bible viewpoint). God whom Christians claim to have commanded them to forgive had actually not lead by example. He still keep enmity with Satan the Devil, hopefully awaiting the day he would destroy him totally.

Now, the bible admonishes us to make

if you don't understand something keep calM, watch and learn
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Truckpusher(m): 1:09am On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

You welcome!

The Lord is your strength...
Op nice thread.But the truth remains that there are some things you can't forgive unless the opportunity was never there for you to hit back.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Misogynist2014(m): 1:27am On Feb 22, 2015
The same God you call a Jewish myth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.