Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me (1677 Views)

What Has Life Taught You? / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) / Men & Cheating: My Experience, My Lessons! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2015
I wrote this in a moment of highness(on some green bottles) when my val messed up my valentine last year,I discovered it was worth sharing,enjoy!!!

1.Do what you have to do when you have to do it so you wouldn't have to give explanations later about why you didn't achieve what you should have achieved when you should have

2.Always ask questions when you're in doubt,it doesn't make you less than you are,so even if your sworn enemy has the answers,find a way to get it off him, even if you've to pay to get that info cos knowledge is power.

3.When results are slow in coming,insults are inevitable so you need to change tactics when the current one isn't working or achieving the desired or intended result

4.Procrastination and indecision are two things to avoid as much as possible,don't be afraid to make a mistake cos waiting for the best conditions wouldn't take you very far in life

5.Never trust a friend until you've tested him in adversity, even then, do know that he could still back stab you if given the chance

6.Never have permanent friends or enemies,rather have changing interests you seek from either friend or perceived foe, keep the line of communication open even with a sworn enemy cos you never know if he'll be in a position to help you in future

7.Have it in mind that everyone wants to find out how you're doing,it's not like they care,they just want to be sure you're not doing better than them.

8.Never spend money you've not yet earned,you could bite your fingers with regrets later.

9.Never spend beyond your income,you'll only rack up debts for yourself.

10.Never borrow to impress women and people generally

11.If don't like your current job or enjoy what you're doing,do quit before frustration sets in or you'll be an unhappy person and miss the very essence of life

12.Women will cluster around you when you've money to throw around but be discerning about the one who has your best interests at heart when you do decide to settle down with one of them

13.People are not really who you think they are,choose your friends wisely.

14.Have it at the back of your mind that all human beings have selfish motives though in varying proportions but when the chips are down and they have only one choice to make between their interest and yours,they will go for theirs.

15.Never rely on a woman,she will leave you at the slightest hint of trouble,though they may have varying degrees to which they can withstand challenges,but a typical woman will leave you eventually when she sees there's no hope in your case and you'd realize this only the hard way.

16.Don't let a woman know everything about you,keep certain things away from her cos if she knows your full capabilities,she might take you for granted.

17.Following from above,downplay your challenges in front of a woman,rather give her hope cos that's more soothing to her

18.Know the reasons why you entered into a relationship so you don't get it twisted along the way

19.Don't marry out of pity,be sure you've your eyes wide open cos as they say 'love is blind' but be reminded marriage cures that blindness fast

20.What you can't tolerate in courtship,please don't think you can change in marriage

21.It's better to be respected than to be loved cos the one you respect you'll love eventually cos any one can tell you they love you,as talk is cheap,but actions speak louder

22.When you're screwed,even those you least expected will screw you over

23.Deal with a problem fast,don't allow it linger too long cos it becomes complicated with time

24.Do not embark on something in a haste especially when you're not fully ready for the consequences, though there could be exceptions where you need to work with faith

25.Don't ignore your parents advice or admonition however ridiculous it may sound cos there could be some wisdom in what they are saying

26.Seek your parents blessings in your endeavors

27.Don't leave your folks home until you're financially and emotionally ready to do so,to avoid having to run to them for help every time you are broke except home becomes extremely uncomfortable but then, do make sure you can at least support yourself before you leave

28.Learn from your mistakes cos a mistake repeated amounts to foolishness

29.Always have a back up plan

30.People will always disappoint you when you need them the most so don't have a high expectation of them so that when they do eventually fail you(which usually is the case anyway),you'll not be too hurt

31.Know when to end a relationship that's not working,and don't settle for less

32.Don't let adversity let you lose your self pride or worth

33.Don't let a woman control you financially for too long cos she'd insult you eventually, no matter how well intentioned her gesture to help you out financially may seem at the beginning. Take her help or whatever she's offering you if you need it badly,but make haste to gain back control as quickly as possible, and pay her back to the last cent,she'd respect you more for it

34.Never let women and money come between you and a good friend,learn to let go of these if that friendship means a lot to you

35.Know when to be blunt and when to be diplomatic cos your rights might be trampled upon if you're perceived to be too gentle and you might also make unnecessary enemies for yourself if you're considered too blunt

36.Don't be afraid to ask for favors cos even the scriptures says,ask and you shall be given

37.Try to be godly in your dealings as much as possible,treat people fairly as much as you can

38.Don't be too quick to judge people except you've been in their shoes and know what it feels like, besides you can't tell if you'd act better or worse if you were in a similar circumstance

39.Never consider another lazy cos he hasn't achieved as much as you, rather consider yourself lucky, not better

40.Don't be too nice to a lady,she'd take you for granted eventually,trust me on this guys,show her your mean side too in order to keep her in check

41.Don't always let your ego get in the way of things,do what you have to do even if it involves lowering yourself,the end they say always justifies the means

42.Always be in control of ur emotions as much as possible cos it could save you from unnecessary troubles or situations

43.When you suffer setbacks,it's ok to cry at times if it will make you feel better and release you from the bottled up pain but don't dwell on it or attract a pity party to yourself

44.Don't displease yourself to please others cos humans can't be pleased

45.Don't keep a lady who wants out of a relationship cos she'll eventually cheat on you if you force her to continue against her wish

46.Never neglect family cos when the chips are down,outsiders will only listen and sympathize, but your family rallies round and covers your unclothedness and shame.

47.Don't over indulge in sex,women and alcohol(this is not easy though, but remember the consequences)

48.If you don't have peace while with a particular lady,no matter how desirable her other attributes might be,pls quit while you can before you make a mistake that can't be easily undone

49.A woman that can't submit to ur authority in the least of things is not worth keeping

50.It's not every lady you come across that is worth dating,know what you want and go for it,and never start a relationship for selfish reasons,other than love,it will pack up eventually. Also,never date your friend's ex even if he gives you consent initially,she will only cause a wedge between you two in the end. These are just a few of the hard lessons I consider worth sharing. Thanks for reading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by Nairalander01: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2015
Qwerty
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2015
70% of things here are about women

Women don teach OP lesson grin

3 Likes

Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by Akkord4gov: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2015
I will read them later.U know y?
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by sinaj(f): 9:18am On Feb 22, 2015
lemme get my eyeglass wil b rite back
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by falconey(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2015
I feel your pain bro...........they aint loyal, they cause more harm than good
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by ChiSun27(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2015
I love dat No. 31....infact I no sabi waste time.
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 9:03am On Feb 26, 2015
ChiSun27:
I love dat No. 31....infact I no sabi waste time.
correct guy

1 Like

Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2015
sinaj:
lemme get my eyeglass wil b rite back
waiting
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2015
SMALLPENIS:
70% of things here are about women

Women don teach OP lesson grin
yes o,dem show me red
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by Arlex(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Aiit
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by Tobbiemi(f): 10:29am On Feb 26, 2015
Hmmm......am in love with No 1-3
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by Kedam(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2015
Tobbiemi:
why not with me lol? 1-3 no get feelings.
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Tobbiemi:
glad you can relate with it
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by princejenks(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
still very relevant,even now
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by AONE555(m): 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thumps up
Re: 50 Hard Lessons Life Taught Me by ItxAyce(m): 12:17am On Jan 23, 2019
Nice piece OP
Lemme add this
*Always think positive, and say positive things.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dont Date Girls / What University Girls Discuss In The Hostel / My Husband Is My Boyfriend On Facebook, And He Does Not Know It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.