Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,250 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? (11102 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by rotbog(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2006
U May Never.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by njidexy(f): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2006
i am into one myself but it has not been easy.this guy was my course mate right from school and i never really knew him well then ,i just know him as a friend and after our final exams we lost contact till 3 years later he told my best friend to tell me he wants to marry me .well iliked him and i agreed after taking little time but the thing now is that i miss this guy so much that it hurts,i am tired of communicating with him on phone cos no one wants to burn credit, and i recently met this guy i like where i stay and it is almost trying to drown me .i mean i see this one everyday or almost every time.but i still love this other one and we are planning to get married but i feel the distance is dragging us apart.so plz tell me what is going to happen. sad
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CHRISTEL(f): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2006
njidexy:

i am into one myself but it has not been easy.this guy was my course mate right from school and i never really knew him well then ,i just know him as a friend and after our final exams we lost contact till 3 years later he told my best friend to tell me he wants to marry me .well iliked him and i agreed after taking little time but the thing now is that i miss this guy so much that it hurts,i am tired of communicating with him on phone because no one wants to burn credit, and i recently met this guy i like where i stay and it is almost trying to drown me .i mean i see this one everyday or almost every time.but i still love this other one and we are planning to get married but i feel the distance is dragging us apart.so plz tell me what is going to happen. sad

njidexy, I understand where u're coming from. it must be very hard 4 u.
is there no way u can pay each other a visit, i mean even if it's 4 a few days
at least that will go a very long way
or are u both out of each others reach maybe due to certain barriers
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by rotbog(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2006
@CHRISTEL. How are U. I can C U are now a counselor. How bout puttin up a Talk Show or beta still a Chat Show.

U can borrow a tip or two from Oprah. At least it would be a more fruitful venture. Talk about impacting "Poositiively" on the society. cheesy
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CHRISTEL(f): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2006
rotbog:

@CHRISTEL. How are U. I can C U are now a counselor. How bout puttin up a Talk Show or beta still a Chat Show.

U can borrow a tip or two from Oprah. At least it would be a more fruitful venture. Talk about impacting "Poositiively" on the society. cheesy
too late 4 pleasantries rotbog cheesy
u've insulted me all this time. but i can't blame u, it's a free world cheesy
it's d shit u get for being online. but all d same, no hurt feelings cheesy
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Damollar(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2006
Long distance relationships difficult to maintain
Leaving your other half behind can be difficult and painful for both people involved. ,

Since you two can't be together physically, photos will have to work. ,
The most important thing is that you maintain consistency, and that you make visiting a priority,
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by rotbog(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2006
CHRISTEL:

too late 4 pleasantries rotbog cheesy
u've insulted me all this time. but i can't blame u, it's a free world cheesy
it's d shit u get for being online. but all d same, no hurt feelings cheesy

Aaaww. Im so touched. Pls Dont make me cry. cry cry cry

So forgiving. embarassed embarassed
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CHRISTEL(f): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2006
sexyboy:

I don't Understand.
meaning
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2006
hello people this topic sure affects me
i should going away for awhile most probably minimum of 3 years. my girlfriend for 3 years has not yet come to terms with it she is sure hysterical, well i am feeling the hurt already but am pretending to be strong
we sure luv each other

the last time i was away for 1 month it was hell the phone bills went up to the skies, and we sure miss each other
now the scary part is her family issues

her dad went on cross posting for 3 years and never / has not yet come back after 15 years she is hell scared that wat happend to her mom might repeat it self

i sure luv her, she makes my world complete , just a little confused embarassed
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by GermanLady(f): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2006
kaecy5:

hello people this topic sure affects me
i should going away for awhile most probably minimum of 3 years. my girlfriend for 3 years has not yet come to terms with it she is sure hysterical, well i am feeling the hurt already but am pretending to be strong
we sure love each other

the last time i was away for 1 month it was hell the phone bills went up to the skies, and we sure miss each other
now the scary part is her family issues

her dad went on cross posting for 3 years and never / has not yet come back after 15 years she is hell scared that what happend to her mom might repeat it self

i sure love her, she makes my world complete , just a little confused embarassed

if you really love her - be with her - stay ,or take her with you.

If I were a man and I would love my woman,I would not want her to be without me.

Make it happen !
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by naija116(f): 3:52am On Sep 28, 2006
Honestly long distance relationships are extremely hard to maintain. First there is the issue of remaining faithful, which is probably the most important aspect of a healthy relationship, but a very difficult thing to do from say "across the atlantic ocean" (literally). Also when two people are so far away, its hard to really learn about your partner or get to know them on a more personal level because you just can't talk to them or see them as much. I feel as though long distance relationships can only work if you have been in a relationship for a long time before the separation and that way both parties know enough about each other and can be more confident that their relationship works. I am currently in a so-called "long distance relationship" but I don't think its working very well. Although its been going on for a while now, I really don't feel that much more connected than I did in the beginning, but my "male friend" claims to be so in love, which is hard for me to believe cause I've heard rumors of his infidelty, which makes me lose more and more faith in the possibility of this relationship actually going much farther. I'm scared that if I continue you to lead him on he will propose to me, in short, i'm really just confused about the whole thing. I don't know the best way to break it off with him without seeming like a heartless jerk. Please if anybody has any suggestions, pls give me a holla!!!!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by segun111(m): 5:18am On Sep 28, 2006
I will not recommend any long distance relationship with anyone because it is hard to face. I was involved with a naija girl up till about six months ago when we broke it off. I spend countless hours, money on phone cards and lots of suspicions when am in a meeting or sleeping when she called or the telephone disconnect or family interference. I personally won't recommend it and I will never face that situation ever again.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Roscodaddy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2006
Long distance,hmmmm what can I say,it is so so hard but it can work,I am in one presently and in three years we have seen each other three times,the only thing is just trust,infact blind trust or else you will go mad,also if you are in one,please define where it is going to lead to instead of just drifting,as a man,of cos I have had flings but I always put my relationship with my number 1 first.Not easy though but it is very much possible.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by luvly(f): 11:23am On Nov 14, 2006
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by kellorah: 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2006
if ure serious it'll work out. talking to each other on the phone,actually seeing each other etc will help.
'absence makes the heart grow fonder' but at the same time, 'out of sight, out of mind'
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Beautygyal(f): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2006
It depends both ppl agree, then u neva no it might work.

If there's trust and honesty then evrythin wuld b ok!!! cool grin
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Mbuzo: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2006
The biggest challenge in LDR is remaining faithful to your patner and maintaining trust for him/her. The biggest act of love is not TRUST. It is forgiveness. So I believe the solution lies with both parties learning the need to earn trust mutually and preparing to forgive mistakes that might happen. In whatever circumstance, genuine love have to exist mutually in order for everything to work. Prayers to this end does work wonders. Note however that there MUST be regular communication or else "out of sight out of mind" could occurr. Talk at least once in two days within Nigeria or once in a week across diapora. mbuzo2001@yahoo.com
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2006
hhhhmm it has worked for few people,it has not worked for lots of people.i believe nothing is impossible.it just depend on the individuals.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Damollar(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2006
@ Thonia Slim - The key to making long-distance <a href="https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/search.php?q=relationships">relationships</a> <a href="https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/?=work">work</a> is to talk honestly and openly about how you feel and I'm not saying that you have to ditch <a href="https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/school">school</a> or to wait for his or her calls.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2006
@damollar
am not saying it must work but av seen people it has worked for and those it has not worked for.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Mystique(f): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2006
We, my boo and i seem to fight a whole lot less, now dat we're long distance, the key is to communicate (email, sms, phone calls, webcam) at least once daily, kiss kiss

But then again, if the bond wasnt strong in d first place, nothing can help you now, cry cry
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by sammyjl(f): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2006
sad No, I cannot maintain a long distance relationship. No ways. I have never done it and don't intend on doing it. I can't say I won't if it has to be because of relocations, such as work and so forth, but I don't even want to think about it.

[color=#770077]If I got a problem with my man living for two to three weeks for the holidays, how will I manage the many more weeks or months without him?!
I need my man to be near me and to cuddle him whenever necessary. Sure you can use text messages, emails and whatever means is necessary but still absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Who knows what he'll be doing there and what I'll be doing here, it'l be so hard for me.

So na, not for me. shocked
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by CHRISTEL(f): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2006
merry christmas to all my friends and a
wonderful new year to u all. i love u all
MUAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by elphem(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2006
merry xmas christel, and the whole house
@ the topic
Really it is not an easy earned coin, coz the issue is all about feelings which invariably fades off with distance because of the enviroment the two parties are which have a great impact in the development of such relationship.
Sometimes it can work when the distance is not that long that is, you can always shuttle to meet him or her. But gets tough when it is like across the ocean and the likes.
It can only work in 2% out of the total 100
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by macalurs(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2006
Christel,

I have a girl on long distance. We've been doing it for a yr exactly.

I miss her with my every being, even right now.

Here's what I do when I miss her. I call her and drool.

I call her like everyday for like 45mins. shhit that's alot of money some say, but I can't help it. We've known eachother for 4yrs now, honestly it aint easy. Neither is it for her. But I'm planning a surprise trip to naija 6months from now and I'm literally starving to scratch up money for that. I got off school and I'm working 2jobs just for her.

To me, I see it as an investment that'll will pay the world over when we're finally in each others arms. One day I told her I said "Baby I'll remember these days and I'll tell our kids that I loved their mother so much I travelled accross the world to spend a few days with her." She was crying. Words like these keep long-distance relationships alive.

Although very few people are creative enough to invent, one has the movies at his main guide. The only trick is communication. You've gotta talk about everything. but then not everyone has the resources to spend.

Don't gimme shit for being where few can be: THERE
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by somegirl(f): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2006
Macalurs, I really hope it'll work out for the two of you. But if she loves you like you love her --- you sound like you could move mountains. smiley

PS: Are you in Naija right now? I ask because of your profile --- undecided
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by macalurs(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2006
sommey,

She tells me she loves me, more than I love her. You see, there's no way to prove if she does so I'm better off trusting her blindly.

No I'm not in naija. My profile is misleading.
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by eslynera(f): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2006
@Topic, i bliv makin a relationship to work is faithfulness, and love itself.
just by makin sure you're loving the right person, (the one who also loves u right.)
making relationships lasting less, is forcing yourself into it, even if you know you're loving the wrong person. You'd even find him sleeping with your aunt today, but when he says sorry tomorrow with few kisses, you'd stupidly get into again. and everyday the guy'll hurt you, but you'll keep sayin i forgive u,

to maintain a strong relationship."
wait for the one who was meant for you, if you're happy with heartbreaks, keep on!!! cheesy
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Beautygyal(f): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2006
@ mascalurs Hope it works out 4 the 2 of u.

Merry Christmas evry1
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by anizzle(m): 3:36am On Dec 30, 2006
i know a whole lot of them dont work,but i intend 2 make mine work, the truth is we just cant imagine being with anyone else of after 3yrs of crazy and still boiling love, i call her every hour and she cant seem to stop herself from doing the same, its about love: its d strongest force in the world n evry will be resolved in its direction,
its not the relationship,its about the love in it
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by ollyruffy: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2006
yeah! i can
Re: Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? by Bolarge(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2007
macalurs:

To me, I see it as an investment that'll will pay the world over when we're finally in each others arms. One day I told her I said "Baby I'll remember these days and I'll tell our kids that I loved their mother so much I travelled accross the world to spend a few days with her." She was crying. Words like these keep long-distance relationships alive.

OMG. That is soo touching. . cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Ugly Girls Usually Have The Best Bodies? / OMG, How I Flirted With My Fellow Guy Thinking He Was A Girl... / side effects of virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.