Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? (2923 Views)

1month Photoshop, Cinema 4d & Photography Classes In Ph / Guys Can Both 3ds Max And Cinema 4d Be Used To Create 3d Animated Videos / Archicad And 3ds Max In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by yungcheda(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please, I heard Maya and 3ds max are better than cinema 4d...how true is that??
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by spywareczar(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Question for the gods
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by yungcheda(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dude, you haven't changed?? You are still an annoying d*ck?? Its been a while...thought u all grown up but its like u not
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by Tos87(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
hmmm....guess....you should try your hands in all then make your choice.
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by yungcheda(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks Tos87... Was just considering this but I was thinking of how much time I will spend to get the basics before I move into one
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by bigl: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2015
@op: stop this "they said" attitude and try ur hands on them all.

The method is use is this: d easiest that would help me get the job done d fastest way is what I go for.

I use cinema 4d and super easy and equally powerful for motion graphics, vfx, etc.

If u're talking hard core vfx, go for 3d studio max or maya.

Hope u get my drift?

1 Like

Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by Tos87(m): 8:58am On Feb 24, 2015
let truth be told... whether C4d,Maya,3dmax, dax3d or b3d it totally depends on the artist.
For me I use blender 3d and is pretty cool for me seriously.
If you cant try all, pick any and work with it.

whether hard core or soft core vfx all can do it but it has to do with the artist.
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by yungcheda(m): 7:49am On Feb 27, 2015
Thanks sirs. I did a little research on movies and games and found that they work well with maya and 3ds max mostly. I intend learning maya and 3ds max. Must I go to a school to learn them because the schools I saw cost about N200k to N300k to learn just one of the mentioned softwares. That is too costly for me. Where else can I learn it??

If I am to learn it by myself, how long can I get grip of the basics??
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by Nipeks(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
Below is the link to a tutorial I wrote for Cinema 4D beginners.

Modelling a Tyre with Cinema 4D
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by omodada1: 2:54pm On May 01, 2015
my experience, i have used all those 3 major softwares and i think they all do d same tin. its best on wot u leard, who taught you, what tutorials u were exposed to, how best you sacrifice, wot you aim at achieving and your perception of standard. the major factor that affect c4d is that it came latter that 3d max and maya. most animators were using max and maya and so u dont expect them to change to another new software that does d same job. we opted for c4d becos we had more video tutorials that the that of max and maya.
of a truth, all those softwares are same, just invest time in learning whichever you have access to tutorials, training, project files, mentorship...
all the best.
check in for our services in Abuja

Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by DerrickM(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2015
From 3dsmax,Maya to Cinema4D,the quality of work depends on the artist's understanding of the aforementioned apps. Yes,you're 3dsmax and Maya are mainly used for movie visual effects(vfx) but also Cinema4D also.
Am more of an Autodesk user but because of Motion Graphics I need to try it out a bit more.
Lots of free videos on to learn from on www.youtube. Then for more professional tutorials visit www.pluralsight.com and lynda.com.

Animation is not cheap any part of the world if you want the best. Everyone wants to animate & not pay the price for it via sacrifice then it is all day dreaming,amigo. OrangeVFX Studios has moderate fees under a 100k promos last time I checked visit www.orangevfx.com. Otherwise you travel abroad if you are that passionate.

yungcheda:
Thanks sirs. I did a little research on movies and games and found that they work well with maya and 3ds max mostly. I intend learning maya and 3ds max. Must I go to a school to learn them because the schools I saw cost about N200k to N300k to learn just one of the mentioned softwares. That is too costly for me. Where else can I learn it??

If I am to learn it by myself, how long can I get grip of the basics??
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by John5117: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
All d software's are tools for workflows.....
"It is not the tool, but d artist that creates a great art from an unboundling limit of imagination"
Personally, try them all...find your home...for me blender feels like home...even if i dont jave a concept , i could just create....enough of the "best"...fyi..d same workflow applies to all of them..juz different interfaces
Re: Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? by Rotepim: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good day,

Looking for someone that can help to make 3d models (final submit in blend or obj files) for simple equipments at a fee

You can mail me:

visitrotimi@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Want To Earn 10-15k Weekly Designing With Your Smartphone? / What Are The Advantages Of Coreldraw X7, And Its Feature? / Criticize This "Art" piece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.