Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,457 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (136638 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2015
DanIndia:
NEVER EVER focus on DUMPS. Focus on the studies. Dumping an exam isn't the same as passing it.
Study it first, understand it and everything else comes next but don't let dump be a focus. By the way, I like your spirit though. You've spent many hours labbing, Awesome. Have you broken anything on PT yet ? I'd advise you to try and do labbing on GNS3 too. You'll get the feel of a live gear.

Thanks for the adviçe man, I really appreciate! I've not even really started with the dumps yet. I have gns3 but I've been having issues getting the needed ios images as they aren't open source which means I have to stick with PT for now. Issue with PT is some commands just don't seem to work and it can be a bit frustrating. Tried to use a router as a DHCP server recently, was able to put in the excluded addresses, pool, networks, etc only to find out that the sh IP DHCP bindings didn't come up with anything. The sh IP DHCP ? command didn't even list pool as an option. Ended up having to use a generic server to meet the objective in the end. Anyways, are you a certified CCNA/P. Hopefully I can get my MCSA and CCNA before the year runs out at this rate. This thread has been really educative.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:32am On Aug 07, 2015
OH, it has been educative ? Well, thanks to the guys who've been helping out. I am actually happy to see individuals take up the task and enlightening others. I'd sincerely urge you to do the same for others.
Yes, the DHCP binding command does not work on PT but If I remember correctly show ip nat translations and dhcp conflict works. And yes, I'm CCNA certified. I'll be CCNP soon but I'm putting that project on hold for now.
MCSA and CCNA - Awesome.
NoriegaQ:

Thanks for the adviçe man, I really appreciate! I've not even really started with the dumps yet. I have gns3 but I've been having issues getting the needed ios images as they aren't open source which means I have to stick with PT for now. Issue with PT is some commands just don't seem to work and it can be a bit frustrating. Tried to use a router as a DHCP server recently, was able to put in the excluded addresses, pool, networks, etc only to find out that the sh IP DHCP bindings didn't come up with anything. The sh IP DHCP ? command didn't even list pool as an option. Ended up having to use a generic server to meet the objective in the end. Anyways, are you a certified CCNA/P. Hopefully I can get my MCSA and CCNA before the year runs out at this rate. This thread has been really educative.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Hi Uzzyj, my schedule is tight. I'm working on other projects and I'm not able to squeeze time for this at the moment. I'm planning to start off in the next coming months though so stick around. Meanwhile, if you need help with anything Cisco Related, post it here. I'm confident you'll receive help from the other folks on the thread.

All the best
uzzyj:
Mr. DanIndia, seems your schedule is tight? Cos I'm yet to receive a valid I'd to join the lecture and. Partake from your vast knowledge.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Highespee(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here and I need help. I sm intending to take ccna exams soon. so I want advice and all that. A nice center and tutorials will do. thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Good to see this thread. is there any place i can rent routers ans switch for lab ? im based in Abuja
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by tunde4top(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
My greeting goes to everybody on this great thread. i have been studying materials on ccna for up to like 2years now. I have finished many versions of sybex materials, and some video materials. I can use cisco packet tracer to some reasonable extent. I think i should now go for the exam. I will need a latest dumb to finalize my exam preparation. My question now are these. With the rise in naira to dollar now, what is now the new charge for the ccna exam fee in naira ?. what are the steps needed for the payment, and info on exam centres ?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by AweEngineer(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2015
NoriegaQ:

ple help me send Packet Tracer and GNS3 file to my mail ple .

Mail:
awe.engineer212@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Highespee(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
I'm so glad to be here. My email address is olayiwolaismaeel@yahoo.com I'm really interested too. Thank you
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Nigeriatraining: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Apply for SCHOLARSHIPS
Here is your chance to apply for both local and international scholarships
on our platforms all you need to do is log-on to our websites
[www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com I www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com]
for details or Whatsapp or Call: +2348170103366 BBPin:2B80B990

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Alphastone: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
Need Hp laptop with 3gig ram and core3i processor. anyone dat wants to sell should contact me. 08068379928
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Optmus(m): 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
DanIndia:
Hey folks,

DanIndia here. I'm planning to start a study group on Cisco certifications... as of now, it will be purely basic stuffs - CCNA topics mostly.
If anyone is interested in participating and is up for some hardcore hours labbing and has a laptop with the required specifications to run GNS3 and Packet Tracer, and is looking to motivate others, learn with others then comment on this thread and let me know if you're interested.

P.S: This is no advertisement for a Cisco Institution or some course with an Institution or whatsoever. This is just a personal invitation to learn together as a group. No charges and there will never be. It's 100% free... and this will continue for a long time and will be sharing career opportunities too.
Sorry I have to ask a different question here. what are the specs of laptops that is most suitable to run networking softwares like GNS3 and its ilk.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Optmus(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
I Am yet to start learning networking from scratch. I need advice on where to start from.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Billyjim: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Why microsoft trainners are not as goood as cisco trainers. Am trying to write MCSA 710-410 but most of the material am seeing are not good enough for me to practise the past questions. any advise will be appreciated please
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2015
Hello Guys please is anyone here ready to write his/her exams and is in need of VCE player? The recent avanset software is $55.99 a month and $191.88 for 12months. I would like split it someone whom is interested, because since dollar rate is pretty high (N 215 fxrate with Diamond bank)it would nice to share the cash and lighten the expense. Note i have tried looking for a crack or key for version 2.0.2 and 2.0.4 yet can't find it. I guess they must have tightened their loops holes.

Avanset VCE Player Basic.

1 month subscription: $55.99*N215 = 12037.85/2 = N6018.925

12 Month subscription: $191.88*N215 = 41254.2/2 = N20627.1

Visit official site to confirm also http://www.avanset.com

Anyone interested should holla me 08033288846 so we can contribute and buy the license for two computers. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2015
NoriegaQ:

Thanks for the reply man. A friend of mine told me something quite close to this. He said with a networking cert its better to walk into companies (ISPs especially) and apply rather than wait for the online adverts because 70% of networking jobs aren't advertised. I'm currently preparing to take the CCNA soon but I already have 8 months experience as an intern at an IT firm. I've read many materials and spent many hours labbing on PT so I feel good about my chances but then I can't seem to shake off this voice in my head that says I should enrol for CCNA at a training centre regardless, maybe just to see if I can learn something I don't already know. What would you advise? Should I just focus on dumps and my self study or join the class instead considering that would be another financial sacrifice? Thanks.

Humbling yourself is the first way to start learning. Never assume you already know too much. I advice you find a way to gain certifications so you can be considered for bigger opportunities.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2015
tunde4top:
My greeting goes to everybody on this great thread. i have been studying materials on ccna for up to like 2years now. I have finished many versions of sybex materials, and some video materials. I can use cisco packet tracer to some reasonable extent. I think i should now go for the exam. I will need a latest dumb to finalize my exam preparation. My question now are these. With the rise in naira to dollar now, what is now the new charge for the ccna exam fee in naira ?. what are the steps needed for the payment, and info on exam centres ?

Send me a mail my company is licensed for proctoring international exams. ogali.sunday@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2015
Highespee:
Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here and I need help. I sm intending to take ccna exams soon. so I want advice and all that. A nice center and tutorials will do. thanks

The company i work witj also train CCNA and CCNP. Contact me for more details. ogali.sunday@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by sundayslim(m): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2015
DanIndia:
OH, it has been educative ? Well, thanks to the guys who've been helping out. I am actually happy to see individuals take up the task and enlightening others. I'd sincerely urge you to do the same for others.
Yes, the DHCP binding command does not work on PT but If I remember correctly show ip nat translations and dhcp conflict works. And yes, I'm CCNA certified. I'll be CCNP soon but I'm putting that project on hold for now.
MCSA and CCNA - Awesome.

Nice answer man. However, I advice you try and do your CCNP soon so you don't lose interest. As for the guy with the ios issues for GNS. I have valid images that will work without any problems at all. Just send me a mail and I'll share them with you. ogali.sunday@gmail.com
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Optmus(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2015
SORRY FOR DIGRESSING.
I Am an IT student preparing for my Industrial Training. I Am interested in networking so I need your suggestions on the Companies that are relevant in the field where I can apply.
please your reply is highly needed.
Thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Curiouscat: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello to Ogas in the house. Please on this CCNA stuff, how do a newbie go about learning it with no pre-requisite knowledge. I will really appreciate been put through. Thanks in anticipation.
DanIndia:
Hi Uzzyj, my schedule is tight. I'm working on other projects and I'm not able to squeeze time for this at the moment. I'm planning to start off in the next coming months though so stick around. Meanwhile, if you need help with anything Cisco Related, post it here. I'm confident you'll receive help from the other folks on the thread.

All the best
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
NICE ONE... I want to be part of this
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by freshyabstel: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
DanIndia:
Hey folks,

DanIndia here. I'm planning to start a study group on Cisco certifications... as of now, it will be purely basic stuffs - CCNA topics mostly.
If anyone is interested in participating and is up for some hardcore hours labbing and has a laptop with the required specifications to run GNS3 and Packet Tracer, and is looking to motivate others, learn with others then comment on this thread and let me know if you're interested.

P.S: This is no advertisement for a Cisco Institution or some course with an Institution or whatsoever. This is just a personal invitation to learn together as a group. No charges and there will never be. It's 100% free... and this will continue for a long time and will be sharing career opportunities too.

Hello Op, I'm Momoh and am CCNA certified my email is abrahammomoh36@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:48am On Aug 22, 2015
You'll have to get yourself acquainted with Fundamentals of Networking first. You'll find resources online and I recommend the Day 1-5 of Fundamentals of Networking available on YouTube.
Curiouscat:
Hello to Ogas in the house. Please on this CCNA stuff, how do a newbie go about learning it with no pre-requisite knowledge. I will really appreciate been put through. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Hey Momoh,

Welcome to the thread. Plans on conducting the sessions are currently on hold.
I'll keep you informed on when sessions will commence.
freshyabstel:

Hello Op, I'm Momoh and am CCNA certified my email is abrahammomoh36@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by callydon(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2015
hiiii all, I've been SILENTLY following this thread for like 4 months now. Am a graduate of computer science n I want to major on networking, but my main issue is dt I don't now a thing abt networking apart from d definition n types of networking.
plz can someone here kindly point me to where to start.
NB:I don't have system oh cos mine was stolen during service year.
thanks.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Curiouscat: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks for your response. But please can you help naming the Author of the DAy 1-5 of fundamentals of networking you prescribe on Youtube? I dont seems to get which to go for.
DanIndia:
You'll have to get yourself acquainted with Fundamentals of Networking first. You'll find resources online and I recommend the Day 1-5 of Fundamentals of Networking available on YouTube.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by aylive123: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
callydon:
hiiii all, I've been SILENTLY following this thread for like 4 months now. Am a graduate of computer science n I want to major on networking, but my main issue is dt I don't now a thing abt networking apart from d definition n types of networking.
plz can someone here kindly point me to where to start.
NB:I don't have system oh cos mine was stolen during service year.
thanks.

Well, if u must do well in networking, u must have a system to practice with. But bfor u get the system, u could get cbt nuggets videos on networking or other ones on YouTube.. Den try to download materials, u could get N+ pdf first.

As u read, feel free to ask questions!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
I am not sure I remember that. But it's kind of a blue anime in the video preview. You can tell easily with the Day 1-5 name
Curiouscat:
Thanks for your response. But please can you help naming the Author of the DAy 1-5 of fundamentals of networking you prescribe on Youtube? I dont seems to get which to go for.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by bchi(f): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
how can I get ccna, c++ ,peach tree, SPSS software?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by snipesdam(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
Guys whats up here........... this thread is getting bored oooo. Lemme assume we are all studying shaa cheesy cheesy Just passed 300-101 cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (57) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.