Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. (1819 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Boko Haram: US Halts Israeli Aid To Nigeria / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Lagosboy: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2009
UN halts Gaza aid after convoy hit

Homes, mosques and government buildings have
been hit in the Israeli bombardment [AFP]

The United Nations aid agency has suspended its operations in the Gaza Strip in the wake of a series of Israeli attacks on its personnel and buildings.

"UNRWA decided to suspend all its operations in the Gaza Strip because of the increasing hostile actions against its premises and personnel," Adnan Abu Hasna, a Gaza-based spokesman for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, UNRWA, said on Thursday.

The move came after Israeli tanks shelled a UN convoy earlier in the day, killing a Palestinian UN worker and injuring two others, as lorries were travelling to the Erez crossing to pick up humanitarian supplies meant to have been allowed in during a three-hour suspension of fire.

At least three UN-run schools have also been hit by Israeli fire, killing scores of civilians, during the 13 days of Israel's assault on the Gaza Strip.

'Tragic deaths'

John Ging, the head of the UN relief agency in Gaza, said that the casualties in the convoy attack were Palestinian civilian contractors hired to bring supplies from the crossing points.

"They were co-ordinating their movements with the Israelis, as they always do, only to find themselves being fired at from the ground troops," he told Al Jazeera.

"It has resulted tragically in the death of one and the injury of two others."

Richard Miron, the UN spokesman, said the Israeli army had been notified in advance about the movements of the UNRWA convoy.

All convoys to Erez and the Kerem Shalom, which has been the main crossing point used for bringing humanitarian supplies into Gaza, were suspended after the incident.

"This underlines the fundamental insecurity inside Gaza at a time when we are trying to address the dire humanitarian needs of the population there," Miron said.

Al Jazeera's Ayman Mohyeldin, reporting from Gaza City, said that 50 bodies were recovered during the three-hour lull, raising the death toll of Palestinians in Gaza to at least 763, including more than 200 children, since air raids first began on December 27.

More than 3,121 people have also been wounded. Eight Israeli soldiers and three civilians have died in the same period.

The Israeli military said it was looking into reports of Thursday's incident.

A temporary halt in the nearly two-week Israeli offensive to allow humanitarian aid into the strip lasted from 1pm (11:00 GMT) to 4pm (14:00 GMT).

Explosions were heard in northern Gaza shortly after the period elapsed.

Israeli bulldozers crossed into Gaza during the lull and destroyed a number of houses, Al Jazeera's Alan Fisher, reporting from southern Israel near the border, said.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by osisi3(f): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2009
Hamas and Palestine started a war,Israel is finishing it up.
They (hamas) need to be shut up once and for all.
Start another thread tongue
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2009
Lagosboy wants to kill himself over the people of Gaza. grin

go right ahead and help them . . . dont want your own virgins now or what?
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by plcgroup: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
@Osisi,

I think say you be man? Na him u dey post like man
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Lagosboy: 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2009
*osisi*:

Hamas and Palestine started a war,Israel is finishing it up.
They (hamas) need to be shut up once and for all.
Start another thread tongue

Please its been exposed by CNN that Israel broke the ceasfire first , hence they started the war. Ask david about this as he was on the thread. Its in the foreign affairs section.

@Davidylan

I dont want to kill myself but i detest oppression and percecussion of all manners and sorts. The way i feel pity for the young US soldiers left to rotten on the streets of US by the negligence of the Pentagon after sending them to an unjust war , the way i feel pity when innocents are been killed by terrorism is the same way my heart is with the victims of Palestine.

Palestine would be liberated!!!!
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Davidylan

I don't want to kill myself but i detest oppression and percecussion of all manners and sorts. The way i feel pity for the young US soldiers left to rotten on the streets of US by the negligence of the Pentagon after sending them to an unjust war , the way i feel pity when innocents are been killed by terrorism is the same way my heart is with the victims of Palestine.

Palestine would be liberated!!!!

1. you dont really "detest oppression and persecution". If you did where are your threads on Darfur, congo, Rwanda and zimbabwe? Where do you "detest oppression" ONLY when it comes to Israel? did you also loudly protest the Russian invasion of Georgia?

2. Save all your pretentious "pity" for innocents . . .

3. Palestine would be liberated - simply code for Israel will be destroyed. Israel liberated Gaza and it got 3000 rockets in return . . . when it liberates the WestBank God help us if they will even exist again. Jordan is 85% of historic palestine . . . funny no one is asking for that to be "liberated" too.

Hypocrites.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by auwal87(m): 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2009
@davidylan
You are also a Hypocrite
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2009
auwal87:

@davidylan
You are also a Hypocrate

at least learn to spell. grin
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2009
I dont know why the Palestinians continue to fight and kill for these hostile lands.
With all the Muslim nations around them you would think one would offer them lands to regroup.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Loyalty(m): 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2009
well it seem like this has gone from expressing how we feel about wot is happening to spreading religious sentiments,what is happening in Gaza is totally not right. every sane and rationale human being knows that.i mean some of us try to justify wot israel is doing.they are using air strikes and mortar shells this ppl are using projectile with only 25 percent of hitting the desired targets.this ppl are using high precision lasser guided missiles.that lock on more 100 targets at a time, i mean this is like a david and golaith sort of story,but only this time david is taking so much blow.the palastines have there own share of the blame, as human being you must disagree, but when we do, how we settle such diffrence should cause a stigma, that when such diffrence are settled,the stigma would never let peace reign.what we need to do is pray for peace to exist and stay in the middle east.lets not spread the hate by calling each other names that dont rhyme with us.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by idupaul: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
isreal is a terrorist nation
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Lagosboy: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2009
idupaul:

isreal is a terrorist nation

Very true indeed

I cannot understand How the UN is now a target

9 stuudents were killed at UN school on the 2nd day of the war
3 schools were hit again 43 civilians killed
UN aid convoy shelled and another person dies
International red cross is been shelled at
22 medical personnel and ambulance paramedics have been killed

And they say they are hitting hamas

UN says 30% of the 763 killed so far are children and Israel says it is hitting hamas. A large proportion women, the remainder the of killed are men and could be civilians or hamas fighters

ISRAEL IS A TERRORIST STATE
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by dayokanu(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2009
30% children 20% men and probably 50% women?

Pls provide a link to this statistics.

It would also be nice to provide stats of people suicide bombers and Qassam rockets kill in Israel what %age Children, Women and IDF soldiers
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by texazzpete(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2009
@Lagosboy
Do you know that during the Liberian war, Nigerian troops in ECOMOG did things similar to what you're condemning Israel for?

http://www.hrw.org/legacy/reports/1993/liberia/

ECOMOG Air Strikes
Since late October, ECOMOG has conducted a series of bombing and strafing raids using Nigeria's Alpha jets on Taylor territory. Taylor has no air force, and ECOMOG planes can easily reach targets all over the country. Targets have included the port of Buchanan and areas around Gbarnga, Kakata, Harbel and Greenville. A particularly serious charge involves violations of medical neutrality, such as attacks on hospitals.

Precise information about the targets and casualties are not available, because independent observers have been prevented for security reasons from travelling to the sites. NPFL officials report that hundreds of civilians have been killed and wounded. There is no indication that ECOMOG has conducted any investigations about attacks on civilians, hospitals or international relief operations in Taylor territory.

There have been many reports, by ECOMOG as well as other neutral sources, of the NPFL using the civilian population or civilian institutions as a shield for its military activities. Using civilians as a shield is a direct violations of Article 51 (7) of Protocol I of the Geneva Conventions, which states:

The presence of movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favor or impede military operations.

Although evidence is difficult to gather, many sources believe that this practice is used frequently by the NPFL. Nevertheless, ECOMOG still has an obligation to protect civilians, and the rule of proportionality (see below) still applies.

Civilian Targets
ECOMOG has distinct responsibilities under international humanitarian law to protect the civilian population. United Nations General Assembly Resolution 2444 (1968) affirms:

. . . the following principles for observance by all government and other authorities responsible for action in armed conflicts:

(a) that the right of the parties to a conflict to adopt means of injuring the enemy is not unlimited;

(b) That it is prohibited to launch attacks against the civilian populations as such;

(c) That distinction must be made at all times between persons taking part in the hostilities and members of the civilian population to the effect that the latter be spared as much as possible.

The preamble to this resolution clearly states that these fundamental humanitarian law principles apply "in all armed conflicts."

Humanitarian law prohibits attacks that, while aiming at a military target, may be expected to inflict disproportionate harm on the civilian population. This rule of proportionality is set forth in Article 51(5)(b) of Protocol I of 1977 to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, which forbids any attack:

which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

ECOMOG has a duty to issue rules of engagement designed to strictly limit or avoid civilian casualties, in compliance with the rule of proportionality. Despite ECOMOG denials of wrongdoing by its pilots, the weight of evidence indicates that pilots have conducted indiscriminate attacks and have deliberately attacked relief activities, in violation of the rules of war.

One foreign relief worker noted that the manner in which ECOMOG is conducting air strikes is indiscriminate:

There is evidence that civilian targets have been hit, like the CRS warehouse in Buchanan, the hospital in Harbel and an ambulance near the hospital, although it is not clear who was in the ambulance. ECOMOG is trying to squeeze Taylor at all costs, and human rights questions then arise. They are using indiscriminate attacks, shooting from canons without clear targets. The strategy is to push the NPFL as far out as possible and to regain territory. It's a pax nigerian -- in order to get peace, they must neutralize Taylor. Their mandate is to guarantee peace, and they are going beyond the spirit of the text.43

This view was shared by other relief groups that operate in Taylor territory. Representatives of one relief organization confirmed that nonstrategic areas have been attacked, citing the attack on Kakata in December 1992, when ECOMOG planes reportedly attacked the main commercial street in the middle of the day and strafed people indiscriminately.44

The civilian population in NPFL territory has become terrorized by the bombings, and often panic at the mere sound of the jets. ECOMOG appears to be taking advantage of these fears by frequently flying over areas without firing, but the sound of the jets sends locals fleeing. Ironically, journalists and foreign relief workers report that the air strikes have had the effect of turning civilians in Taylor territory away from ECOMOG toward support for Taylor, rather than the intended effect of breaking the NPFL's will to fight. As one relief worker said: "They say this is proving Taylor was right, that ECOMOG is coming to kill us."45 Another journalist put it this way: "ECOMOG's name is mud now; the bombings are helping Taylor's cause. When I was there [in NPFL territory] last year, ECOMOG still had credibility."46

Among the air attacks that have caused concern about the civilian toll are the following:

a) On November 16, 1992, ECOMOG bombed the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) warehouse in Buchanan, destroying large quantities of rice and blended food. The warehouse was clearly marked with "CRS" painted in large letters on the roof.

b) The attack on the village of Gbinta in the Ivory Coast at the Liberian border on February 27. According to the Ivorian government, six people were wounded -- five soldiers and one customs official.47 Although ECOMOG claimed that it was aiming for the Liberian side of the border, it is highly unlikely that they could have mistakenly hit Ivorian territory, since the border is clearly marked by a river. In addition, at the time of the attack, a UNICEF convoy with humanitarian supplies was just crossing the border into Liberia, and another convoy by MSF Belgium was on the way.
The attack has been widely interpreted as a warning by ECOMOG to the Ivorian authorities that they must prevent the NPFL from using the Ivory Coast border crossings to re-arm and re-supply his forces. Despite Ivorian contentions that they have effectively sealed up the border since the imposition of sanctions in November 1992, the border is known to be very porous. The Ivorian authorities have supported Taylor throughout much of the Liberian conflict.

c) On March 2, a CRS truck distributing food on the outskirts of Buchanan was strafed. Reports indicate that between 75 and 100 civilians, mostly women and children, were near the truck when it was attacked. The truck was marked with the CRS logo.

d) The strafing raid on the market in Gbarnga and Kollila on March 27, which relief workers reported left four civilians dead and 26 others taken to Phebe Hospital for injuries. Another strafing raid on Gbarnga took place on April 6.48

Many reports about the strafings of civilians or civilian targets indicate that ECOMOG planes chase civilians. One foreign journalist attributed this practice to "hot-rodding" by the pilots and soldiers. "This isn't Desert Storm," she said. "This is a low tech war, and they are sloppy."49 Another journalist observed: "They are probably not under orders, but the young pilots do what they want to."50

ECOMOG contends that any civilian casualties are unintentional and the result of collateral damage. General Olurin stated that ECOMOG conducts air strikes aimed at supply routes and arms caches in NPFL territory, but denied reports that ECOMOG planes intentionally hit civilian targets. He claimed that the air strikes were "very, very carefully limited to strategic locations."51 In an interview with Africa Watch, General Olurin went so far as to accuse the NPFL of putting their own explosives in certain locations, like Phebe Hospital outside Gbarnga, and then blaming ECOMOG for bombing.52
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by texazzpete(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2009
This was written by Human Rights Watch, and it shows that Nigerian soldiers were heavily involved in the deaths of civillians and the destruction of large quantities of food meant for civillians.

When you couple this with the fact that parts of Northern nigeria are lands taken from the original occupants by Usman Dan Fodio's jihadists, you find that Nigeria can also be called land occupiers. A sterling example is Adamawa state where the original occupants are now living in the mountain regions of Cameroun, after being chased there by Adama, a lieutenant of Dan Fodio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modibo_Adama
Upon Adama's death in 1847, his son Muhammadu Lawal became Emir of Adamawa. The empire was not to last, however, as colonial battles and division eventually destroyed the independent Fulani state. The conquest had long-term repercussions, however. The Fulani became the dominant ethnic group in the region, and Islam the major religion. The herdsmen altered the land to be more suitable for herding cattle, their primary pursuit. The jihad also pushed those peoples who had lived on the Adamawa Plateau south into the forest, the single most important event in the populating of Southern Cameroon.

Ironically, the Adamawa was more sparsely populated after Adama's conquest. Rather than fight the Fulani invaders, many peoples fled, displacing others in turn. The Adamawa Plateau, once home to many of Cameroon's ethnic groups, soon became a pastureland, and the forest zone of Cameroon became more heavily populated.

So going by your definition, Nigeria can also be called a terrorist state. And YOU are a terrorist by extension,  grin

How do you like them apples now, mister?

PS: Since i don't subscribe to your beliefs, i'm not a terrorist Nigerian like you  grin
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by thetruth90: 10:53am On Jan 09, 2009
auwal87:

@davidylan
You are also a Hypocrate

davidylan:

at least learn to spell. grin

grin hausas! grin

carry on good old israel. wipe them out, i beseech thee.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Lagosboy: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2009
dayokanu:

30% children 20% men and probably 50% women?

please provide a link to this statistics.

It would also be nice to provide stats of people suicide bombers and Qassam rockets kill in Israel what %age Children, Women and IDF soldiers

Just a google search would show you that. On the other thread " 205 children killed out of 630” the source is there. For the percentage of men I quoted that is my estimation since the large proportion of the remainder are women according to the UN as well. I have modified the post again till I get an exact percentage of men.

the rockest have killed just 16 israelis in 5 years. israel has killed 763 in 13 days, 3000 injured.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by chidichris(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2009
Just a google search would show you that. On the other thread " 205 children killed out of 630” the source is there. For the percentage of men I quoted that is my estimation since the large proportion of the remainder are women according to the UN as well. I have modified the post again till I get an exact percentage of men.

the rockest have killed just 16 israelis in 5 years. israel has killed 763 in 13 days, 3000 injured.

Lagosboy,
if we go by ur satistics above, it is obvious that hamas is not making a head way with their rockets if only 16 isrealis have been killed in 5 years. in your opinion, what do u think about a strategy that is not yielding the anticipated result? will it be a good advise if someone tells hamas to stop this act of firing rockets into isreal as it is causing palestinians more harm than good.

on the other hand, what is the percentage of children suicide bombers, women suicide bombers, civilians suicide bombers and hamas suicide bombers?

isreal is in gaza to attack hamas. pls in your opinion, how or what are the xteristics of hamas which will for sure reduce civilian victims.

obasanjo wiped out odi community for the sins of few and no one called for his head till date so if isreal decides to wipe out palestine in the course of fishing out hamas, i think world court in hague will be ok for isreal and obj.

lebanon is starting a fresh war so isreal will soon be a double terrorist nation for responding
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by chidichris(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2009

Lagosboy,
if we go by ur satistics above, it is obvious that hamas is not making a head way with their rockets if only 16 isrealis have been killed in 5 years. in your opinion, what do u think about a strategy that is not yielding the anticipated result? will it be a good advise if someone tells hamas to stop this act of firing rockets into isreal as it is causing palestinians more harm than good.

on the other hand, what is the percentage of children suicide bombers, women suicide bombers, civilians suicide bombers and hamas suicide bombers?

isreal is in gaza to attack hamas. pls in your opinion, how or what are the xteristics of hamas which will for sure reduce civilian victims.

obasanjo wiped out odi community for the sins of few and no one called for his head till date so if isreal decides to wipe out palestine in the course of fishing out hamas, i think world court in hague will be ok for isreal and obj.

lebanon is starting a fresh war so isreal will soon be a double terrorist nation for responding to their call for war. most of the hamas sympathizers have decided to overlook the course of isreali attack and the good news is that the heat of the war is more on those who call for the war.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by muhsin(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2009
Since the jewish liars and pro-israel propagandists on this forum are trying to blame the Palestinians for breaking the ceasefire, I think it would be helpful if I posted an article from before the israeli airstrikes to see what really happened, as the jews on this forum can't help but lie and decieve us with their incessant propaganda falsely claiming the Palestinians broke the ceasefire:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008, -gaza-violence

Hamas answers Israeli air raid with rockets as truce ends early

* Toni O'Loughlin in Jerusalem
* The Guardian, Friday 19 December 2008

The six-month truce between Hamas and Israel ended yesterday with the militant Islamists who rule Gaza declaring the agreement dead, 24 hours before it was due to officially expire.

The declaration followed another day of escalating violence, beginning with an Israeli air raid on Gaza, which Hamas has controlled for the past 18 months.

Hamas responded to Israel's attack, which destroyed a weapons store and a rocket factory, by firing eight rockets and five mortars at Israel's southern towns.

"The calm, which was reached with Egyptian sponsorship on 19 June and expires on 19 December, is finished because the enemy did not abide by its obligations," said Ayman Taha, who represented Hamas in talks with other Palestinian factions. "The calm is over."

The truce was due to end today but has been unravelling ever since Israel crossed into Gaza, killed six Hamas fighters and destroyed a tunnel on 4 November.

So far this week Hamas has fired around 50 rockets. On Wednesday one struck a parking lot near a supermarket in Sderot, the Israeli town that borders Gaza's northern perimeter and bears the brunt of Palestinian missile attacks.

As the fighting escalated, Israel tightened its blockade, forcing the UN Relief and Works Agency, which feeds 750,000 Palestinian refugees in the coastal territory, to suspend food deliveries yesterday.

The eruption of violence follows five months of relative calm in which each side seemed prepared to turn a blind eye to the other's transgressions: Israel maintained its crippling blockade on Gaza and Palestinian militants continued firing a small number of missiles into neighbouring Israeli townships. Now both sides are reassessing.

Earlier in the week Israel's defence minister, Ehud Barak, reportedly sent negotiator Amos Gilad to Cairo to seek a last-minute extension, but to no avail.

Although publicly neither side is rushing in, both have an interest in restoring the quiet. For Hamas, the truce allowed it to redeploy its forces from fighting Israel to cracking down on rival militias. For Israel, the truce not only gave the residents of towns such as Sderot a reprieve, it deflated the hard right's push for a full-scale invasion into Gaza.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Olaolufred(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2009
I can see Foolishness being displayed by these Gaza terrorists.

If a 5 years old boy go ahead to slap a 25 years old man, He is sure to recieve more than he gave.

I think wisdom demand that i don't go challenging someone i know is too strong for me.

Lagosboy said," Thier attack for 6 years killed only 15 persons"

What was the sin Isreal committed for these enemity?

Now, the results is what we presently witness.

I dont support killing innocent citizen, but those terrors must be exterminated.

It is a pity that their will never be something like this happening without some victims bieng innocent.

May we never be victim of evil circumstances.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Jairzinho(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
muhsin:

Since the jewish liars and pro-israel propagandists on this forum are trying to blame the Palestinians for breaking the ceasefire, I think it would be helpful if I posted an article from before the israeli airstrikes to see what really happened, as the jews on this forum can't help but lie and decieve us with their incessant propaganda falsely claiming the Palestinians broke the ceasefire:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008, -gaza-violence

Hamas answers Israeli air raid with rockets as truce ends early

* Toni O'Loughlin in Jerusalem
* The Guardian, Friday 19 December 2008

The six-month truce between Hamas and Israel ended yesterday with the militant Islamists who rule Gaza declaring the agreement dead, 24 hours before it was due to officially expire.

The declaration followed another day of escalating violence, beginning with an Israeli air raid on Gaza, which Hamas has controlled for the past 18 months.

Hamas responded to Israel's attack, which destroyed a weapons store and a rocket factory, by firing eight rockets and five mortars at Israel's southern towns.

"The calm, which was reached with Egyptian sponsorship on 19 June and expires on 19 December, is finished because the enemy did not abide by its obligations," said Ayman Taha, who represented Hamas in talks with other Palestinian factions. "The calm is over."

The truce was due to end today but has been unravelling ever since Israel crossed into Gaza, killed six Hamas fighters and destroyed a tunnel on 4 November.

So far this week Hamas has fired around 50 rockets. On Wednesday one struck a parking lot near a supermarket in Sderot, the Israeli town that borders Gaza's northern perimeter and bears the brunt of Palestinian missile attacks.

As the fighting escalated, Israel tightened its blockade, forcing the UN Relief and Works Agency, which feeds 750,000 Palestinian refugees in the coastal territory, to suspend food deliveries yesterday.

The eruption of violence follows five months of relative calm in which each side seemed prepared to turn a blind eye to the other's transgressions: Israel maintained its crippling blockade on Gaza and Palestinian militants continued firing a small number of missiles into neighbouring Israeli townships. Now both sides are reassessing.

Earlier in the week Israel's defence minister, Ehud Barak, reportedly sent negotiator Amos Gilad to Cairo to seek a last-minute extension, but to no avail.

Although publicly neither side is rushing in, both have an interest in restoring the quiet. For Hamas, the truce allowed it to redeploy its forces from fighting Israel to cracking down on rival militias. For Israel, the truce not only gave the residents of towns such as Sderot a reprieve, it deflated the hard right's push for a full-scale invasion into Gaza.

@Muhsin,
You came in with so much venom,I honestly tot u had something new for us. undecided

Like i have been asking:

1.WHY DID HAMAS START WHAT IT COULDN'T FINISH?
2.WHY WOULD HAMAS PREFER TO LOSE LIVES THAN SURRENDER?

Even from Pry school,we've been advised to always pick our fights grin grin grin
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Lagosboy: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2009
Jairzinho:

@Muhsin,
You came in with so much venom,I honestly tot u had something new for us. undecided

Like i have been asking:

1.WHY DID HAMAS START WHAT IT COULDN'T FINISH?
2.WHY WOULD HAMAS PREFER TO LOSE LIVES THAN SURRENDER?

Even from Pry school,we've been advised to always pick our fights grin grin grin

Hamas did not start the war Israel broke the ceasfire first. Pls read the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-215654.0.html
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by texazzpete(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2009
Lagosboy:

Hamas respected the ceasefire , the rockets were minimal.

Tell me you did not just say "The rockets were minimal"

If someone gave you that excuse for bombing your house, what would be your opinion?

Lagosboy:

Israel went for the attack. Never lift the siege in the first place which was a violation of the ceasfire.

if you amd yuour enemy agreed a temporary truce which was meant to lead to peace, yet you see your enemy digging tunnels to transport weapons (nott he food that the gazans needed) what would you do? When your enemy sends down a rain of rockets and is using the time to upgrade their existing missiles to be more potent against you, would you stand idly by?
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by auwal87(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2009
texazzpete:

Tell me you did not just say "The rockets were minimal"

If someone gave you that excuse for bombing your house, what would be your opinion?

if you amd yuour enemy agreed a temporary truce which was meant to lead to peace, yet you see your enemy digging tunnels to transport weapons (nott he food that the gazans needed) what would you do? When your enemy sends down a rain of rockets and is using the time to upgrade their existing missiles to be more potent against you, would you stand idly by?

And when you very sure that your enemy has plans to kill your whole family and destroy your properties, would you stand by?

Anyone (of course being stupid) talking about the first group that started this and that, it is all the it is, Israel have already planned on what they will do in the middle east. UN has called for ceasefire, but Israel shun that call.

But prove me, you all that adjust this war as defensive, you are going to see shortly what will happen. Jesus (A.S) will prove to you.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by texazzpete(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2009
auwal87:

And when you very sure that your enemy has plans to kill your whole family and destroy your properties, would you stand by?

Oh you mean like Hamas, Hezbollah and Ahmadinejad's publicly declared intent to wipe the jews off the earth, eh?
oh, sorry. Forgot that your kind approves of such plans as long as they involve shedding 'infidel' blood.

auwal87:

Anyone (of course being stupid) talking about the first group that started this and that, it is all the it is, Israel have already planned on what they will do in the middle east. UN has called for ceasefire, but Israel shun that call.

A ceasefire during which Hamas lobs rockets every so often into Israel? Or accept a ceasefire while hamas brings in more deadly rockets?

What people like Lagosboy are too daft to realise is that as long as there is an intent, there will be a way. While they spout the same silly line about only a few people killed in Israel, they fail to realise that the casualties from the rockets landing is Israel are only limited by the technology available to them. Which means as soon as Hamas develops weapons capable of killing far more isrealis, they'll use them.
And then, when the death toll rises, people like you and Lagosboy will mount another inane defence.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2009
more foolishness from the association of brainless arab slaves (ABAS)
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by onyengbu1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2009
It amazes me how these Hamas people and other Arabs (even the black ones we have here in northern Nigeria) think.

They always use the term 'disproportionate use of force' as if they wont use it if they acquire it today against Israel. If they don't want to get killed, they should stop their so far useless rocket attacks.

And Lagosboy and his arab brothers should stop claiming innocent people were killed because most times they were killed because they allowed hamas to launch attacks from their neighbourhoods.
Later they will call them freedom fighters even though they use them as shield to manipulate all their sentimental propaganda against Israel.

People were killed in the UN school because Hamas launched their rockets from the school sorroundings and disappered before the Israeli raids started falling. Of course they all denied it, but even a Palestinian confirmed it anonymously out of fear of Hamas.

I hope Israel will not stop until they dislodge Hamas, though with no loss in innocent lives. Before Iran will complete their nuclear bomb and smuggle it to those animals.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by auwal87(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2009
onye_ngbu:

I hope Israel will not stop until they dislodge Hamas, though with no loss in innocent lives. Before Iran will complete their nuclear bomb and smuggle it to those animals.

Or when no more Palestinians remain in Gaza.

Do you think Iran needs to complete their nuclear bomb? They can purchase it from North Korea if they like, (maybe they even have already), or I can make it for them free of charge cool
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2009
auwal87:

Or when no more Palestinians remain in Gaza.

there are over a million arabs in Israel . . . even they do not want to be a part of the contemplated "palestinian" state. Says a lot about what even arabs think of their own govt that they would prefer the jews to HAMAS or FATAH.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by banom(m): 12:37am On Jan 10, 2009
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha , i just can't stop laughing, HAMAS thought that ISRAELITES are IGBOS who can endure the killings of there people in Northern Nigeria that is why he stated sending rockets to ISRAEl, Any way he got his bagains,

Well let me pray for Hamas

GOD in heaven, thanks for granting Hamas his heart desire through the military strentgh of ISRAEL, i pray you today to grant ISRAEL more militiary intelligence and power to supply Hamas his demand, Also GOD, about 600 persons dead is very small, please may the numbder drasticaly increase into hundreds of thousands of persons in less than a week , Please GOD just like the way you swept away the Egyptian soldiers in the Red see when they were pursueing this same ISRAELITES, may you as well turn every see, ocean , rivers, schools, hospitals, resturants, mosques, terrorist centers, Hamas house , office, infact every where in Palestine with the blood of Palestenians in JESUS name , ?
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Shells Un Aid Convoy Again. by udezue(m): 1:51am On Jan 10, 2009
God Bless Isreal cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Molests Hen In South Africa / US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! / Kaboom !! Hamas Naval Force Commander Captured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.