Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,675 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Celebrity: Nollywood Akume Akume Pictures & Talks On Fighting Male Cancer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrity: Nollywood Akume Akume Pictures & Talks On Fighting Male Cancer (2811 Views)

Association Talks On Death Of Royhill Edozie; CEO Most Beautiful Girl In Lagos / Lynxxx Talks On Becoming Born Again, Loosing Friends In The Industry & More / Nollyood Actor Akume Akume Starts Project On Fighting Male Cancer [pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity: Nollywood Akume Akume Pictures & Talks On Fighting Male Cancer by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
Akume Akume has been in the nollywood scene for quite sometime now and has branched into music, fashion designs and is currently launching a new project to create awareness and fight Prostate cancer. In an exclusive interview with me he shares more on this new project and further revealed how the journey has been so far.

How did this project come about?
Akume Akume: It all started when we got talking with some friends about prostate cancer and discovered the need for a popular face to lead and create awareness on the dangers and effects of this disease. Considering I lost my Dad to this devastating condition I stand at a better position to share my battles and offer solutions from a different angle.
Tell us about how you combine being an actor, fashion person and this new project all in one?
Akume Akume: Fashion for me starts with being an actor therefore you need to have a good dress sense that expresses your personality. I have a clothing line called Cloths & Akume that is really wonderful because we custom style you. Actually before delving into acting I started out as a runway model and have been privileged to do a few jobs with some renown fashionist within abuja and lagos, I was also the face of Nigeria at 50.

This is a big project how do you get funding?
Akume Akume: Am using my talent to raise funds thereby using some of my proceeds from movie making,it also comes from my fashion house and not forgetting assistance from my family and friends abroad and some few individuals who are helping to make this a reality. I am also calling on well meaning nigerians to help create awareness and support this project.

I am also a member of Fighting Male Cancer(FMC) which basically deals with prostate cancer and was made the ambassador of the group, thus giving me a much needed platform for what am doing now.

How you do you view prostate cancer?
Akume Akume: Prostate cancer kills men a lot in africa especially in nigeria and not only in rural areas but also in the cities. Surveys and interviews conducted revealed it should not result in death if only men will open up to health care givers. A typical African man will not want to be labelled impotent so preventive dialogue are not common. The whole idea is then to give it wide publicity and make men talk about it.

What is your projection in the future?
Akume Akume: My projection for this campaign is great, i am already touring round churches in plateau state using my music to reach out to people and in some few months I would be in the united Kingdom and also have plans to tour a couple of states in the United states of America. I have been in touch with a couple of artist on this project. I want to be able to relate to men and get them to talk about it, get the understanding that survival is possible and help them achieve it. Though am starting the project here in Nigeria I intend to make it global reaching out to every man in the world.

He has a big heart and goes even beyond his calling as an artist to express his empathy in life changing projects as this.

SOURCE;http://matthewtegha..com/2015/02/nollyood-actor-akume-akume-talks-about.html

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Grace Amah Emerges Ebonyi Tourist Ambassador / Photos: Faze, 2face And Blackface Got Reconciled By Chief Ateke Tom / Police Arrest Naked School Girls Posing For A Photo-shoot In Public In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.