Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session (35980 Views)

Senate In Rowdy Session Over Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / APC Appoints 3 Youth Members Into Its Board Of Trustees (photos) / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
The plenary of the federal house of reps was rowdy and tensed on Tuesday, as members argued about a motion moved by Aliyu Madaki that Joseph Mbu, an assistant inspector-general of police, should be relieved of any role in the conduct of the 2015 general election.
Madaki hinged his motion on the utterances & actions of Mbu, which he said were at variance with the constitution & the Electoral Act.

It was a rowdy session at the House of Representatives on Tuesday when a motion was moved by Aliyu Madaki that the Assistant Inspector General of Police in Lagos, AIG Joseph Mbu be relieved of any role in the conduct of the 2015 general elections. This sparked a heated argument among members of the House.

Madaki, in the motion titled, ‘Violation of the constitution and Disrespect for the Rule of Law by Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Mbu Joseph Mbu’, hinged his submission on the utterances and actions of Mbu, which he said contravened the constitution and provisions of the Electoral Act.

The lawmaker further sought to compel the police high command to take disciplinary actions against Mbu for giving “such an unconstitutional order”.

He said “The house notes with regret the statement by Joseph Mbu, AIG, which was widely reported in national dailies and which amounted to a violation of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, 1999.

“Aware that the constitution guarantees immunity to state‎ governors and their deputies and therefore, no authority or person, including courts of law, has the right not to accord governors such privileges.

“Mbu allegedly directed all officers and men in his command to disregard any immunity being enjoyed by any governor, which action amounted to a violation of the constitution.

“The house is concerned about the statement allegedly made by Mbu that if one police officer is killed during the 2015 elections, between 20 to 100 citizens would be killed in return.”

When Madaki was through with his speech, another member of the House, Linus Okorie challenged the motion on the grounds that‎ Mbu was unavailable to defend himself. This immediately threw the House members into a shouting bout that almost degenerated to a fisticuff. The noise became deafening as the lawmakers would not let Okorie speak.

Deputy Speaker of the House, Emeka Ihedioha‎, who presided over the sitting, tried to calm the situation by moving for a voice vote on the matter. But the voice votes were not clearly defined. He subsequently dispatched the motion to the House committee on police affairs for investigation.

DAILY POST recalls that Mbu was earlier reported to have declared that 20 civilians would be killed for every policeman killed during the elections. Last week, he reiterated the position during the inauguration of the Olorunsogo II Power Station by President Goodluck Jonathan in Ogun State insisting that “I still stand by what I said. And what I said is very clear, that if any violent group attacks my policemen, my policemen should attack them violently.”

“If any violent group attacks a law-abiding citizen in a bid to cause injury or cause harm, the police should repel and save that law-abiding citizen because we have the powers to do so. “If hoodlums or touts decide to be lawless, carrying knives and illegal firearms and shooting at my policemen; if they shoot at my policemen and they are a hundred or 200, my policemen will not be looking at them. They will reply in self-defence,” Mbu said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/24/aig-mbus-utterances-throw-reps-members-into-rowdy-session
/

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Kennywills7(m): 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mbu giving Apc & their thugs sleepless nights grin

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Joseph Mbu should be the next IGP.

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by koolet: 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
asin walked over him?
Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by utytill(m): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Laffsss.,Rep sabi shout.I remember Mrs Oteh former DG. SEC.na so d shout tire.but dis Mbu sef.

2 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by NDPVF(m): 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
The deployment of Mbu to Lagos/Ogun axis,has thrown Tinubu,APC and their rigging plans into confussion,to the point they are looking for way to cage him.

APC,why crying foul?.
Mbu only warned potential miscrants,to be ready to go down 6feet below.why then the cry APC?

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by VcStunner(m): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Now someone is really scared grin
This Mbu guy is the most feared after Shekau

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Baawaa(m): 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
Joseph Mbu is a slave(omo eru),it is only a slave they send this kind of errand.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mbu giving APC sleepless nights since 1900

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Kagarko(m): 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
That Mbu sef should be retired now.

People are tired of that guy.

anyway sai APC

Nigeria sai Buhari.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
So Reps now want to take over the functions of the President and IGP? Those guys are the clueless people!!!

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mbu is a threat to our democracy

43 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by mumumugu(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
So who should take over his duty?

5 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by NDPVF(m): 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Baawaa:
Joseph Mbu is a slave(omo eru),it is only a slave they send this kind of errand.
Like serious?.
Can't belief "Free borns",are moving motion on how to gag "slave" from ruining their plans.

Think again!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
NDPVF:
The deployment of Mbu to Lagos/Ogun axis,has thrown Tinubu,APC and their rigging plans into confussion,to the point they are looking for way to cage him.

APC,why crying foul?.
Mbu only warned potential miscrants,to be ready to go down 6feet below.why then the cry APC?

This is the type of mentality you see when you have vagabonds in power. Just look at the rubbish you typed and tell me if what you suggested is anyway different from what the soldiers do during the military era !

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Trut(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Whenever APC members hear the name "Mbu", they shiver grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Trut:

Face to topic and leave baccanista, He has freedom to associate with any group.
Leave him to continue to rant. A party that can't respect freedom of choice, freedom of association and can't tolerate dissenting views, can never be the change. Like I usually say, we can Change within the Jonathan led PDP.

God Bless Nigeria

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by NDPVF(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bluetooth2:

This is the type of mentality you see when you have vagabonds in power. Just look at the rubbish you typed and tell me if what you suggested is anyway different from what the soldiers do during the military era !
I don spill your Origin?. Kpele. gringringrin

14 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
mumumugu:
So who should take over his duty?
The most combatant Tambawal

3 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Ashleyma77(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
Can u imagine?.a lawmaker publicly raising this up??.shame.that means they are scared of transparency.God will deliver Nigeria from these kind of people.Amen.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by dridowu: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
One million Mbu cannot stop Ambode and Amosun from being elected as Governor in their respective state.

18 Likes

Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
NDPVF:
I don spill your Origin?. Kpele. gringringrin

Whatever
Re: AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session by Trailblazer1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
dridowu:
One million Mbu cannot stop Ambode and Amosun from being elected as Governor in their respective state.

Just one MBU is enough to destabilize APC rigging machinery in Lagos and Ogun.

Trust me, he's "The Great Lion Tamer

45 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' / JUNE 12: Buhari Is Like Jesus - MURIC Tells Protesters / 'Yorubanisation, Lagoslisation' In Tinubu's Appointments, Arewa Forum Raises Ala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.