Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) (33935 Views)

Imo State: SOS: Rochas Okorocha Come To Our Rescue: PHOTOS / Agbaje’ll Soon Be Declared Lagos Gov – PDP / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
descharmed:

My folks stay off ogunbiyi street, they are not yet bitter jare. in 2011 as a broke ass returned graduate we all decided to vote for a change of government but the youths collected cash and refused to vote. APC guys came a day before and promised to fix ogunbiyi, four years after the road is still the same.

I sent you a PM.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by stinggy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
chimkaire:
Ogbelegbele oooooo cheesy
You are inviting someone, I know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Mr. X, when you finally see this; mbok, no ooooooooofeinse meant angry angry undecided

no worry i go tel am say u b light skin tongue cheesy
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
stinggy:

no worry i go tel am say u b light skin tongue cheesy

No light-skinned womans [s][/s]in Naija for now angry angry angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by 100Cents: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Clueless governor.

Let him wait for GEJ to come fix the roads for him..

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Eluwilussit(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
johnmartus:
rubbish attention seeker you see something terrible in your resident which i believe your local government chairman does not aware of it talk on state government instead to write a letter to your loca govt council you decided to come to social media to discredit the working governor? you're just a pathetic fellow

But if it was something good, you give the credit to Fashola and APC sharp sharp. A bad one should not be brought to NL and must be reported to LG chairman. Hypocrisy is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
I like this fence and gate. It's nice to see a structure with style.

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
voltron:

So Lagos should do nothing about it then? because it is nature..
[/s]

If your argument is saying Lagos state is not or didn't provide or construct drainage, you are wrong and I can prove you wrong with facts.

Human actions like blocking or building on drainage system is mostly responsible for unnecessary flood in some areas, but even with drainage, you can not outrun nature and heavy downpour...

Lagos is below sea level so flooding is and shall remain part of our existence in Lagos.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
loomer:

na one day rain be that? make una self try to de hold all part of govt accountable weda na PDP/APC

What's the meaning of one day rain? It doesn't rain for days non stop in Lagos?

You people and your upside down kabu kabu comments?
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
shugadun8:
Akowonjo Egbeda Alimosho LG

Thanks
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
dadee007:
Wow, That's New York? shocked Was this after 30 mins rain as well sir? Or do we glorify ineptitude for selfish reasons?

Why ask me? You are the weather man with info per how long the rain lasted just by looking at the picture so why not educate us?

Very warped comment...
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by talktimi(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
DaGC:

I don't know what you are trying to say or point to.....but this is extremely st.upid
shis hapun gerrova it tongue
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by cytellProperty: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
A- Phi - Cee. Shange !!!

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by stinggy(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
chimkaire:

No light-skinned [b]womans [/b]in Naija for now angry angry angry grin grin grin grin

And you want we londonders to come home angry
Can't y'all bleach? angry

#no ooooofience undecided
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
stinggy:

And you want we londonders to come home angry
Can't y'all bleach? angry

#no ooooofience undecided
eyaf do ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't want ''someone'' to be on my trail till I zonk out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked sad
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by easybaba(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
A lot of Lagosians dump waste into their drainages only to complain of flooding when it rains. People have to start taking responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming government.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by yetunde01(f): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
saasala:

Do you like around Remoye, Oluoti, Jimoh area?
Yes.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by mikeapollo: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
A useless government that prefers to repair and renovate only highbrow areas. The Akowonjo flood problem only requires opening up the drainage at the Jimoh-Vulcaniser bus stop which is less than 100 meters in length but the useless government will never see that.....they only see roads that they can repair and put toll gates on

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Mallamkay001(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
Dats d kind of change APC wants for Nigerians O.16yrS of Tinubu'S supervisory rule has been a backward achievement for Lagos.yet dey want to hijack FG.Shine ur brains NigeriaNs.

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by saasala(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
yetunde01:
Yes.
I used to live in Oluoti. Where precisely do you reside?
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

If your argument is saying Lagos state is not or didn't provide or construct drainage, you are wrong and I can prove you wrong with facts.

Human actions like blocking or building on drainage system is mostly responsible for unnecessary flood in some areas, but even with drainage, you can not outrun nature and heavy downpour...

Lagos is below sea level so flooding is and shall remain part of our existence in Lagos.

I get this argument every time I ask, WHAT IS LAGOS DOING ABOUT THIS.. I expect we (Lagos) have an Urban Town Planning Agency who have a Master-plan for Housing Development in Lagos - BTW it is rude to cancel out someones comments, it is not for irrelevancy sake but rather a direct insult to someone you have never met nor discussed with. that aside. We have an agency that has been in existence since the past 16-25 years. you would expect that at the minimum a (1) Containment Strategy (2) Dispersal/Distribution Strategy. since 2010, the Canal dredging from Alaka through Coker/Aguda seems insufficient as the work was abandoned twice. it is completed but it is even worse now as it has been clogged with weeds (hyacinth). On My street.. Fashola has rebuilt roads but shops have sprung up once more and rubbish is being dumped into the newly constructed drainage.. I don't see Ministry of Environment doing anything about it when they come to pick up rubbish every month.

These agencies tasked with making sure this does not happen aid and abet this behavior.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by loomer: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:

What's the meaning of one day rain? It doesn't rain for days non stop in Lagos?

You people and your upside down kabu kabu comments?

Oga u no need to de insult people, I DON see wetin one day rain do for my area for lag.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Sparklesebony: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:

[img]http://e360.yale.edu/images/slideshows/gallery_hurricane_sandy_new_york_flooding.jpg[/img]

^^^^^^ That's New York. A state in the most advanced country in the world...

You can not out run Nature. You jokers need to find something better to do with your silly time...
Some of you are just damn impossible.

The op said 30mins rain not 3hrs or 3 days. I was in one of the schs in that area few wks back. When it was about raining, the school dismissed the students because they panicked at the thot of what would happen if they stayed behind. I stayed but regretted because what I saw few mins later shocked me.

Egbeda is a very busy area. I don't see why d govt should neglect the area. A friend of mine complained that most of d roads have not been tarred for yrs now. What they do is to grade d roads. Now d roads in d streets look so high that d houses look like they are caving in.

To d poster that I quoted and others defending Fash, pls don't argue blindly because you ve not borne what these pple have borne for years.

2 Likes

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Frankestein08(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
Petersideman:

funny u, the governor should stop the rain abi, or what do u want him to do, demolish and build new houses, even where flood is certain, Nigerians don't yield advice not to go there, But they build houses there.....
now I don't understand why u saying he is abusing the president. .....

where did u forget ur brain dis tym. undecided

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Frankestein08(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Sparklesebony:

The op said 30mins rain not 3hrs or 3 days. I was in one of the schs in that area few wks back. When it was about raining, the school dismissed the students because they panicked at the thot of what would happen if they stayed behind. I stayed but regretted because what I saw few mins later shocked me.

Egbeda is a very busy area. I don't see why d govt should neglect the area. A friend of mine complained that most of d roads have not been tarred for yrs now. What they do is to grade d roads. Now d roads in d streets look so high that d houses look like they are caving in.

To d poster that I quoted and others defending Fash, pls don't argue blindly because you ve not borne what these pple have borne for years.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Frankestein08(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

oh pls stfu and stop talking like you know nothing about flood control, if dere were good drainage systems lyk u claimed, y is d flood still occurring & don't kom telling me crap dat d pple re d ones blocking d drainage system cos am sure u won't go destroying something when u knw u're d one dat ll suffer d after effect...blinded apc gays
am sure if it was a pdp led state, ur accusation will b directed to d president. No b ur fault anyway, what do u knw bout living in a condition lyk dat...fool

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by tit(f): 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
there is no government in lagos state.
fashola is a failure!
he will go to jail for suffering lagosians like this.

Rains never start ooo.
next thing is flood will be carrying and killing dear lagosians like fowl.

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
Sparklesebony:

[/s]

Flooding depends on the intensity of the rain and not necessarily the duration. this is common sense...
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
Frankestein08:

oh pls stfu and stop talking like you know nothing about flood control, if dere were good drainage systems lyk u claimed, y is d flood still occurring & don't kom telling me crap dat d pple re d ones blocking d drainage system cos am sure u won't go destroying something when u knw u're d one dat ll suffer d after effect...blinded apc gays
am sure if it was a pdp led state, ur accusation will b directed to d president. No b ur fault anyway, what do u knw bout living in a condition lyk dat...fool
[/s]

you don't always have to bark like bingo for people to understand what you are saying.
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by aresa: 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
voltron:

I get this argument every time I ask, WHAT IS LAGOS DOING ABOUT THIS.. I expect we (Lagos) have an Urban Town Planning Agency who have a Master-plan for Housing Development in Lagos - BTW it is rude to cancel out someones comments, it is not for irrelevancy sake but rather a direct insult to someone you have never met nor discussed with. that aside. We have an agency that has been in existence since the past 16-25 years. you would expect that at the minimum a (1) Containment Strategy (2) Dispersal/Distribution Strategy. since 2010, the Canal dredging from Alaka through Coker/Aguda seems insufficient as the work was abandoned twice. it is completed but it is even worse now as it has been clogged with weeds (hyacinth). On My street.. Fashola has rebuilt roads but shops have sprung up once more and rubbish is being dumped into the newly constructed drainage.. I don't see Ministry of Environment doing anything about it when they come to pick up rubbish every month.

These agencies tasked with making sure this does not happen aid and abet this behavior.
[/s]

I know for a fact that all the new streets and the reconstructed ones have proper drainage system and they are also repairing the old ones.

im not going to sit here and say yhe work is done, but. from what they are doing in Lagos state,.they are far ahead of many states in Nigeria especially the erosion ravaged and destabilized eastern part of Nigeria...

We need public education to address blocking and building on the drainage system.

The strike feature is there for a reason and i use it accordingly like i just did...
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

I know for a fact that all the new streets and the reconstructed ones have proper drainage system and they are also repairing the old ones.

im not going to sit here and say yhe work is done, but. from what they are doing in Lagos state,.they are far ahead of many states in Nigeria especially the erosion ravaged and destabilized eastern part of Nigeria...

We need public education to address blocking and building on the drainage system.

The strike feature is there for a reason and i use it accordingly like i just did...

The strike feature.. well i won't argue with your notions, however - note that I did not argue that proper drainage were not built , all i said is that people are undermining these positive development by building on the drainage and redirecting sewage from the soak-away pit into the drainage and dumping refuse in them. and the MOE is not arresting anybody neither are they warning anyone. but because you have already geared your mind politically to defending the Lagos State Government, you failed to notice that there is a problem that is not being addressed and you still fail to see it.. which is why you used the strike feature before even reading through.. but then it is expected of you
Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by Frankestein08(m): 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

you don't always have to bark like bingo for people to understand what you are saying.

eeyah no likes or share for u...kpele o

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) by jide333(m): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
aresa:

[img]http://e360.yale.edu/images/slideshows/gallery_hurricane_sandy_new_york_flooding.jpg[/img]

^^^^^^ That's New York. A state in the most advanced country in the world...

You can not out run Nature. You jokers need to find something better to do with your silly time...

AND YOU APC FOOLS SHOULD STOP POINTING FINGERS AT GEJ FOR THE INSECURITIES.. IRAQ SYRIA, UKRAINE, FRANCE, RUSSIA DENMARK ARE ALL GOING THROUGH SECURITY ISSUES AND NONE OF THEM ASK THE PRESIDENT TO STEP DOWN OR CALL THEIR PRESIDENT NAMES..

could you image this fool going all the way to dig out picture of flood in usa which was reported already that there will be floodings.. Unlike the stupid apc leaders and their dead followers that are claiming drainage and telling lies there cant and wont be any floodings in lagos.. IDIOTIC POST

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambassador Garba Gajam Visits Osinbajo In Dubai (Photos) / Does President Muhammadu Buhari Have A Conscience At All? FFK Asks... / Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.