Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists (1015 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / CCT Trial: I Have Never Collected Bribe From Anyone – Orubebe / DSS Invites Pastor Musa-Dikwa Who Claimed Jonathan Gave N7bn To CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by itetemi: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
The Borno State-based pastor, Kallamu Musa-Dikwa, who accused CAN of collecting N7bn from President Goodluck Jonathan to campaign against the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate in the March election, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), has insisted that the christian body collected the said amount.

Musa-Dikwa insisted on Monday in Kaduna that the Jonathan-government gave CAN N7bn.

He however believed that both Jonathan, who is the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the coming election, and Buhari were not fit to govern the country.

The cleric said the money given to pastors by the President was actually N7bn and not N6bn as alleged by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, who doubles as the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation.

Amaechi had alleged that unnamed leaders of the PDP paid N6bn to Christian clerics to campaign against APC.

Amaechi’s allegation caused uproar among the Christian clerics, with the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and the Northern State Christian Elders Forum asking Amaechi to name the church leaders, who collected the N6bn bribe.

Musa-Dikwa, who is the Executive Director of the Voice of Northern Christian Movement, had told journalists in Kaduna last Thursday that the multi-billion naira bribe was channelled through CAN.

He said CAN got the said money(N7bn) on January 26, 2015 and disbursed N3m to State Chairmen of the CAN across the country.

The cleric, who claimed he was forced to travel from Borno to Kaduna to react to the CAN denial, said the religious body was being economical with the truth by the denial, saying he used to be part and parcel of the association.

He said he fell out with the national body of the CAN when in 2013, some clerics from the United States(Christian Association of Nigeria-Americans)visited Nigeria and donated $50,000 to the victims of the Boko Haram in Borno State.

He explained that rather than the CAN to disburse the money to the serve the purpose it was meant for, the victims were only given a paltry N100,000.

On the bribe money, Musa-Dikwa, who played a recorded audio of someone confirming that CAN had collected the money before newsmen in Kaduna on Tuesday, said when Ameachi first accused the clerics of collecting bribe to campaign against Buhari, “I sent a text(message) to the leadership of the CAN to repent or be exposed.”

He said since he opened the can of worms, he had received several threat messages from yet-to-be identified persons, who claimed that “I am against Christians and working for the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate.”

Musa-Dikwa noted that the leadership of the CAN claimed “they didn’t know me” and that he was working for the APC because he decided to say the truth.

He added that since the revelation, many of the CAN members had called him to say the “allegation” was true and that they collected the money.

Pressed further during question and answer to disclose his source, the cleric simply said an “insider” in the CAN told him that the said money was collected on January 26, 2015.

He said,”There was no newspaper or news coverage of the disbursement of the N7bn to CAN. A national officer of CAN confirmed to me that CAN received the money and disbursed N3m to each state CAN.

“I sent text messages to the CAN leadership, asking them to repent otherwise I will expose them. Nobody replied me. That was why I decided to open up. Some people say that I am working for Buhari. It if not true. I am not working for anybody.

“It is not today that I started writing on Boko Haram. I stand for the truth. Boko Haram affects everyone, Christians and Muslims.”

Musa-Dikwa, displaying a copy of the Diploma Certificate from the All Nations for Christ Bible Institute International, Benin, whose founder was the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa, said, “Anybody in CAN, who claims not to know me is just telling lies.”

He said it was wrong for the Presidency to also say he was working for the APC, saying, “I am not working for anybody. I am standing for the truth. I am standing for righteousness and for my people, whether Christians or Muslims.”

The Borno-born cleric noted that he was not afraid to die for telling the truth, arguing that afterall, death meant nothing to him.

“My people(Borno) are dying everyday; so, I am ready to die for the truth to prevail,” he added.

On the Jonathan and Buhari Presidency, the cleric said both were not fit to govern Nigeria.
http://www.punchng.com/news/can-collected-n7bn-bribe-from-jonathan-borno-pastor-insists/

1 Like

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by eleko1: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
sad
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by itetemi: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by mk45(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
old story.
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
buhari mocked God in 2011, and he failed. Now he's mocking God again, he's going to fail again. He shld stop using pastors wif d intention of spliting christians vote, dats d sole aim of him using pastors as running mates. Osibanjo shld ask bakare wad happened after d defeat, he shld know better. God cannot be mocked and buhari will pay for it. He is dividing d church of God wif lies, dey shld bring evidence dat 7billion was given to CAN or remain dumb undecided
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
buhari mocked God in 2011, and he failed. Now he's mocking God again, he's going to fail again. He shld stop using pastors wif d intention of spliting christians vote, dats d sole aim of him using pastors as running mates. Osibanjo shld ask bakare wad happened after d defeat, he shld know better. God cannot be mocked and buhari will pay for it. He is dividing d church of God wif lies, dey shld bring evidence dat 7billion was given to CAN or remain dumb undecided

Your obession with Buhari indictates that you need to visit a psychiatrist asap. How does pastor kallamu Musa-Dikwa relates to Muhammad Buhari ?

4 Likes

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by watered(m): 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
CAN should collect as much money as possible from Jonathan please. Babangida gave OIC $21bn from Nigeria's account and no one said anything about that.

The pastor talking should tell us how much his own christian arm contributes to run the affairs of CAN.

All these cheap propaganda by APC and their cohorts will never work out. I'd rather cutt off my hands than vote APC.

Long Live CAN
Long Live Christianity
Long Live FRN
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by watered(m): 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Your obession with Buhari indictates that you need to visit a psychiatrist asap. How does pastor kallamu Musa-Dikwa relates to Muhammad Buhari ?
Bros I fit buy this guy fight make I tell you. The hungry pastor was paid by APC led by Buhari so all these cheap blackmail against Christianity won't work.

Buhari can go to hell and burn for all I care. PDP should rule us however they want and we are comfortable with that. Nonsense!!!
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by olaboy001(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
[s]
OREMUSSANCTUS:
[/s]
Even if Buhari was evil (and every smart person knows this is false), do you know a certain Paul who was once Saul? Use your head. Buhari is the change

2 Likes

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bluetooth2:

ma bro, he's a black sheep. Mind ya a man wif stroke cum cancer cannot be our leader, by d way wen last did ya see buhari? Guess he's now on stretcher, don't waste ya vote. D guy is too old to rule, yardua who was muich younger wasn't spared how much more a 73 years old man dat has stroke and cancer. Someone dat ruled wen ya dad was probable a small boi. Grow up and tink twice. Y not ya, y not ya young father, why dis old man dat ruled wen ya were not even born. Smh
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by olaboy001(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
watered:
Bros I fit buy this guy fight make I tell you. The hungry pastor was paid by APC led by Buhari so all these cheap blackmail against Christianity won't work.

Buhari can go to hell and burn for all I care. PDP should rule us however they want and we are comfortable with that. Nonsense!!!
I'm thinking of what to say but I see you didn't deserve my comment.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ma bro, he's a black sheep. Mind ya a man wif stroke cum cancer cannot be our leader, by d way wen last did ya see buhari? Guess he's now on stretcher, don't waste ya vote. D guy is too old to rule, yardua who was muich younger wasn't spared how much more a 73 years old man dat has stroke and cancer. Someone dat ruled wen ya dad was probable a small boi. Grow up and tink twice. Y not ya, y not ya young father, why dis old man dat ruled wen ya were not even born. Smh

What's this nonsense you are typing ? Can't you write in simple English ?

watered:

Just take a look at what you just wrote here. Are you this daft ?

1 Like

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by watered(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
olaboy001:

I'm thinking of what to say but I see you didn't deserve my comment.
I can match you spiritually or physically. So try me.

Enough of this blackmail against the body of Christ. Jihadist like you
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by olaboy001(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
watered:
I can match you spiritually or physically. So try me.

Enough of this blackmail against the body of Christ. Jihadist like you
Honestly, I'm 99% sure you'll mention.
Next time tell us "GEJ has been a good president to me & my family" not "GEJ has been a good president to Nigerians". Be truthful for once.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bluetooth2:

What's this nonsense you are typing ? Can't you write in simple English ?

Just take a look at what you just wrote here. Are you this daft ?
sowie mr english teacher, using a tab don't gat time for long tin. Well, I don't ve waec certificate, ya can as well go to d court of law!
Re: CAN Collected N7bn Bribe From Jonathan, Borno Pastor Insists by bakila: 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Egunje things.

(1) (Reply)

The Prohet Behind The President(pics) / Soon My Official Car Will Be A Made In Nigeria Vehicle - President Jonathan / Wamakko Accuses NSA Of Plot To Rig Polls In Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.