Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This (1629 Views)

Toyota Engine Oil In Abuja / Car Is Difficult To Start When Engine Is HOT, Very Ok When Engine Is...SOLVED / Toyota Engine 1zz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by senator2k9(m): 8:29am On Feb 25, 2015
Good morning nairalanders, pls I just got this car and it came with this engine in the pics. Pls I want to know all about this engine . So that I can adopt a good maintenance culture .

Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by senator2k9(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2015
I don't knw about vvti engines not to talk of this one that says it's a dual vvti. I can't even see a top gasket in this engine. Please I need to know
Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by jerflakes(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2015
Go to google and search for "DUAL VVT-I", simple.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by AutosBay(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2015
The Dual VVT-i system adjusts timing on both intake and exhaust camshafts. It was first introduced in 1998 on the RS200 Altezza's 3S-GE engine.

Dual VVT-i is also found in Toyota's new generation V6 engine, the 3.5-liter 2GR-FE first appearing on the 2005 Avalon. This engine can now be found on numerous Toyota and Lexus models. By adjusting the valve timing, engine start and stop occurs almost unnoticeably at minimum compression. Fast heating of the catalytic converter to its light-off temperature is possible, thereby reducing hydrocarbon emissions considerably.

Most Toyota engines including the LR engines (V10, used in the Lexus LFA), UR engines (V8), GR engines (V6), AR engines (Large I4), and ZR engines (Small I4) now use this technology.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVT-i
Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2015
senator2k9:
Good morning nairalanders, pls I just got this car and it came with this engine in the pics. Pls I want to know all about this engine . So that I can adopt a good maintenance culture .

2010-2014 corrola?

Change engine oil at specified intervals (5000-6000 miles) using manufacturer specifications (5W30-5W20) I'm really not certain which but its written on the oil cap, along with oil filter.

Don't patronise road side mechanics, look for one that is learned.

Buy you own personal hand held scanner so you can understand faults if the arise.

Do not remove your thermostat or connect your fans directly.
Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

2010-2014 corrola?

Change engine oil at specified intervals (5000-6000 miles) using manufacturer specifications (5W30-5W20) I'm really not certain which but its written on the oil cap, along with oil filter.

Buy you own personal hand held scanner so you can understand faults if the arise.

0W20 is highly recommended, however, OP can use 5w20 in absence of the former, but must revert to 0W20 at next oil change. That's the oil recommendation for most new toyota engines OP's engine inclusive. The best ATF oil for normal automatic is now toyota genuine ATF WS. I don't know about the new oil for toyota CVT systems.

@ OP, if you're gonna change your ATF, you'll need a special shop with equipment for draining and refilling the ATF in your gearbox or else you'll see hell with that gearbox because its ATF change isn't the normal unbolt, drain, refill bolt procedure again. Same applies to Camry 07-14.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by doroboss(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
5W is the winter rating. The lower that number, The lower the gel point of the oil. Typically, 0W is only for very icy regions. the "20" is the oils viscosity once the car reaches operating temprature, 0w-20 comes only in synthetic form, it woild be nice following manufature spec, but it would be very hard to get 0w-20, so stick with 5W-20. Higher viscosity gives you better protection, but to heavy is hard to pump and slower to get to the vital parts of your motor during start up, especially in colder weather, thats one of the reasons we frown at using 20w50 in a mordern car.

Doroboss

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by senator2k9(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
thanks my man gazzuz. It's a 2009 corolla. I will neva remove the thermostat. I am planning to get my obd I I scanner online from konga.com thanks. Autos bay I also thank u

2010-2014 corrola?

Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by senator2k9(m): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
My learned men. Pls I also want to knw, does it mean that this engine don't have a timing belt or chain?
Re: What Kind Of Toyota Engine Is This by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
Its a timing chain.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Audi A4 Takes Too Much Fuel!! / The New Face-lifted Innoson Carrier Pick-up Van.(pictures) / These Car Tech Gadgets Will Improve Your Driving Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.