Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Please Doctors In The House Headaches In The Left Side Eye - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Doctors In The House Headaches In The Left Side Eye (468 Views)

Save This Child Nairalanders, Advice Me On What To Do, Please Doctors And Nurses / Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here / Please Doctors In The House I Need Ur Advice Quickly Pls Save A Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Doctors In The House Headaches In The Left Side Eye by wkkwl: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2015
A friend of mine has this left sided headache,he said, he can feel his vein over the left side eye.
its not rilly like headache according to him,he said it bounding nd piercing kind of,
i am suspecting glucoma,i ruled out sinus headache cos he does not ve rhinitis
>PAIN JUST ABOVE THE LEFT EYE,HE CAN FEEL HIS VEIN,HE SAID IT HURTS WHEN ITS TOUCHED

please can any medical practitioner throw more light on this,on what it could be
Re: Please Doctors In The House Headaches In The Left Side Eye by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
wkkwl:
>PAIn JUST ABOVE THE LEFT EYE,HE CAN FEEL HIS VEIN,HE SAID IT HURTS WHEN ITS TOUCHED
please can any medical practitioner throw more light on this,on what it could be

This is an absolute EMERGENCY !! It is imperative that he be empirically treated for temporal arteritis first.

Tell him to GO to the ER/A&E/acute care and get an evaluation; preferably treatment started first.

He needs corticosteroids 1mg/kg/d IV stat. If he responds to it, it points to TA.

If not responsive to steroid, other diagnosis can be sought such as migraine, tension, cluster headache, sinus headache. But these are not emergency.

Temporal or giant cell arteritis need to be empirically treated (and ruled out) first with steroid injection. If treatment is delayed, he runs the risk of visual loss.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Century Herbal Centre. / 4 Essential Foods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat FAST / Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Fruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.