Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect (19569 Views)

Family Members Meet A Robber At Home As They Come Home From Mosque In Abuja. Pic / Benue Villagers Burn Bank Robber Suspect To Death (Graphic Photos) / I’m Now A Political Thug! I'm No Longer A Robber: Suspect [Pictured] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Calculia: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/my-parents-knew-i-was-a-robber-%E2%94%80-suspect/
Tuesday, February 25, 2015
My parents knew I was a robber - Suspect

by Olaleye Aluko

A suspected member of an armed robbery gang, Mutiu Rasheed, who was arrested by the Lagos State Police Command, has said his parents are aware that he is an armed robber.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Rasheed, along with two others - Ahmed Musiliu and Sodiq Dada - were nabbed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad on February 5.

Our correspondent gathered that the three suspects were rounded up by the police in the Isheri Berger area - a boundary area between Lagos and Ogun states.

The police said the suspects, who had confessed to the crime, made use of four locally-made guns, two of which had reportedly been recovered.

Our correspondent learnt that Musiliu was first arrested by the police before he led detectives to apprehend the others.

The police added, however, that the gang had other members who were still at large.

During interrogation, the suspects were said to have confessed to have organised robberies during which many vehicles were stolen, including a Toyota Highlander, a Toyota Camry and a Toyota Sienna.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, 22-year-old Rasheed said his parents, who knew about his robbery operations, had warned him to return the guns in his possession, but he refused.

He said, "I stayed in Ketu with my parents where I worked in an aluminium company before joining the gang.

"My mother first knew about this when other gang members came to our house to report to her that I had fled with their guns to Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.

"She then called me on the phone to return the guns, but I did not listen. I was using the guns to go on operations in the Ijebu Ode area.

"When we went out as a gang, we snatched vehicles which were usually Toyota products.

"We sold them, but the gang did not give me my correct share. Since the police arrested me, my parents have not come to check on me because they are aware of all my activities."

Also, Musiliu, 23, who had served a one-year jail term at the Ikoyi Prison, said he had been going out with robbery gangs for over six years.

He said, "In 2008, I was arrested for armed robbery. We were five members in that gang. I was sent to the Ikoyi Prison where I served one-year jail term. We had robbed in the Ikorodu, Oshodi, Ketu and Ijebu Ode areas.

"When I came out of prison, I joined another gang. The gang leader provided the guns. I was part of the gang that robbed a Toyota Camry vehicle in Ikorodu area. We sold the vehicle at a giveaway price and I was given N100, 000."

Dada, the third suspect, said he was formerly working as a commercial bus driver before he was lured to join the gang.

He added that he had also gone on several operations.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the arrest.

He added that investigations were ongoing into the matter.

He said, "They have made useful statements and investigations into their activities are ongoing."http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/my-parents-knew-i-was-a-robber-%E2%94%80-suspect/
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by vjsmiles: 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
angry
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by simdam500(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
I refuse to believe undecided
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by echobee(f): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
vjsmiles:
angry
dont u smile? grin
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by vjsmiles: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
echobee:

dont u smile? grin
GENETICALLY NOT PROGRAMMED TO SMILE smiley angry
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by koolet: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
Does he want his mother detained too

The hediot should be hanged unless he return my Toyota angry

He would never change....
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Simitrendy: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Awwwww nice one
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by danielmichael(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lols

OLODO 5
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Tot as much...... Mutiu iz dah how your life will end

Ok....Goodluck
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Too bad.
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by jmoore(m): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
Most parents(95%) whose kids are thieves know.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lobatan
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by neyshed: 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
;DThe guy mension Toyota how many time?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Of course the parents will know.is this supposed to help his case or he wants his parents arrested for not visiting?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by akbod02: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
am on the first page
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by jacabi(m): 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
Bad day for them.
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Terry68: 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
shocked And.......

I sense eveil spirit.

Anyways, your parents will take heart in anything the law decides. [b][/b]
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by eazysally: 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
from their names sef dem be certified suspect, rasheed, musileu, dada imagine!!!, the parent dey enjoy d loots now dem don leave d boy to suffer alone......even ur parents can deny u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
The police should arrest them since they are an accomplice to his crime atleast for knowing and also spending from his loot. Send all of them to jail.
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by qualityovenbake(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
22 - 23yrs Old. Dare Devil Kids. undecided
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by sammieguze(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Chai....

22year olds for Christ sake.

What do they use the money for
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by johnsonsegxy: 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
UniqueMike:
Tot as much...... Mutiu iz dah how your life will end

Ok....Goodluck

That's badluck bro.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by lightheart(m): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lol...maybe dem no sabi u again as moni no come dey show again.
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
qualityovenbake:
22 - 23yrs Old. Dare Devil Kids. undecided

First arrest for armed robbery in 2008 when he was 16
The boy was born bad from his mother's womb

1 Like

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by Coldfeet(f): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
Odi egwu! What i don't get is all this stories they tell of past robberies! So if na me be armed robber police catch me i go come start to tell them all my other operations? Abi na police just they cook up all this story abi na the newspaper people? See that ewu as e take implicate him papa and mama sef!

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by knightsTempler: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
...and he expect his parents to come visit him in prison, after warning him to desist from his evil ways. Dumb fûck!
Re: My Parents Knew I Was A Robber - Suspect by allanphash7(m): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lobatan is when you hear this

Am sure the sane thing jonathan will say when he gets to court

CHANGEWEWANT
WEWANTCHANGE

(1) (2) (Reply)

85-year-old Man ‘killed’ In Ogun, Body Dumped Beside River / Murder Of Hunchback: Police Nab Suspected Money Ritualist In Abia / Man Kills His Uncle In Enugu Over Land Dispute. (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.