Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (315907 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
His children are working for Anti terrorist unit??
And he's a terrorist......Dhix movie go badt!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
What!!! !!!!!! Are you serious! !!!!! !?
Mark ashimolowo Al-yakob is still alive?

Are you saying, tina and mark Jr. Are siblings?

I will surely follow this thread to the end....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Grace must pay, now the action has begun. Good job
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Ayjos10(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
*walks in angrily*......so nw tori don start and una no fit invite abi?....*sits nd sip a litu alomo* oya Mr dee radon
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Interesting!

The action just stepped up a notch.

Welldone Dee.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:01am On Mar 08, 2015
CHAPTER 3
Adeola walked out of the bathroom with a small towel hung on her neck and dressed in a nightie that stopped just at mid tigh. She approached the giant mirror that stood just at the wardrobe door and dabbed her face with the towel as she dried the water on it. Its been almost a week that she started having problems with her husband, Daniel Martin. Ever since he found out that she has a damaged womb which means she will never be able to have a child of her own except God comes to her rescue. He has been acting up and avoiding her like plague. He no longer eats in the house, he returns home late in the night when he was sure that she would be asleep or preparing to go to bed, then he'll sneak into the restroom and sleep and early the next morning, say 4am, he would enter their room quietly and pick his clothes for the day and other things he would be needing. And latest by 5am, he had already driven out of the house.
Even though he said he had no problem with her having a damaged womb, but the manner through which her womb go spoilt was the main issue. She had an abortion while they were still in school and what angered him the more was the fact that when he impregnated a lady back in school, Adeola was on his neck, stopped associating with the girl, attacked her at every opportunity she get, called the girl all manner of degrading names that one would think she was a saint.
The question he put to her when she managed to enter his office this afternoon, thanks to her position as the sole heiress to company. He had told her to tell him whoever impregnated her that time and the reason why she had to sleep with another guy.
--TWELVE YEARS AGO
The various decisions that we take at various stages in our lives have a way of shaping our future. It was no longer a rumour that Daniel Martins, the guy with the poor background who was dating Adeola Smart, the daughter of the richest man in Nigeria had impregnated Christina Olukolade who happened to be Adeola's bestfriend and sister. And everywhere she went, people are always pointing at her as the unfortunate girl who couldn't give her boyfriend the baby he wants. The worst part was that by this time, Christina had moved out of school and Daniel no longer spends time in school, he was due to travel out of the country at the end of the week, all thanks to her father.
She lost her senses when a young girl walked up to her.
"Do you still have the plans of settling down with Daniel? Girl you better think it through. What do you think would happen to his baby mama? Will he forget her just like that? If you are to marry him, his love child will be a problem to your marriage, his baby mama would be a nightmare. Think." And the girl walked away.
That day, she invited Jimmy, who was Daniel's bestfriend and slept with him without any form of protection, thinking it would hurt Daniel, but she ended up hurting herself, because she realised after the act that she had no moral justification to condemn her boyfriend or her preganant friend.
By the time Daniel arrived the United States, they had made up and she was pregnant, but the best option was to abort, but things didn't go as planned and her womb got damaged, a secret she had always kept to herself for almost twelve years and until she got married to Daniel six years ago, she didn't believe her damaged womb could be a problem.
[/b]THE PRESENT[/b]
She thought about how best it is to explain to her husband that his bestfriend was responsible for the pregnancy which destroyed her womb, how would he take it? Was the question on her mind. The first thing that would happen is a divorce, regardless of the undying love Daniel had professed to her. Afterall, he was still with her because he believed the only way to pay back her kindness and that of her father is to remain in the marriage, no matter what.
And for the sake of her father's status in the country and in world at large, she can't afford to let her marriage tarnish his image. Afterall, not everybody knew her, she was not the outgoing type and the first time she got in the news was six years ago when she got married and six years later, she was about to get into the news for a second time, because the union which was the talk of the town for many weeks six years ago had turned sour and divorce is happening.
"Hell no, I need to do something about this."

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2015
What goes around, comes around

Oga boss, that's kind of short thou

Anyways, thanks, for the update
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2015
i see christiana being hurt....me go just sit back nd watch d film play out btw father nd son.....wao! D9ty7, one chapman for u, ur head correct pa!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2015
Short o!

More please!

Review the last update please

The time diff btw the time martin discovered she is wombless and d present moment.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
What lie will she cook up now?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
i was like Mark shouldn't die,but i thought his son will carry out the revenge,not knowing Mark isn't dead
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Abeg D9ty7 help me tell Adeola nt 2 try anytin stupid o. Well done dearie
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote
author=stuff46 post=31395510]Ghen Ghen, this is were the main battle
begin. Lovado my main man; i siqht you, your hand work go do well.

As the official bouncer of the thread, i hereby permit the introduction
of weapon of mass destruction, disabilities and dissolution. Lol
Onemansquad come along with your ...
Bluestarry- catapault, [stuff your pocket with stones]
Skimpledawg- unarmed [dead men dont use rifle]
Uthman- just bring my revolver, i get bullets here.

And the derailing battle begins[/quote]
oga D9ty7, abeg cal physcia docs! Dz niqqa jxt got unchained!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 12:24am On Mar 09, 2015
Feeling this story, but it got the same father vs Son storyline of all in a circle undecided
I really hope any of ur story can be better than all in a circle D9ty7
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:58am On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7,
Hope you're good?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:11am On Mar 09, 2015
--continuation--
Christina was dishing out instrution to the field agents who worked directly under her. She was dressed in a white long sleeve body hugging top and a black jean trouser. Even though she had every body parts in moderation, her chest region was relatively small but she loved it that way, because according to her, she couldn't move about with a heavy heart and also a heavy chest. But what she lacked in the chest was made up to her with her averaged size bottom. All thanks to her once a week fitness jog, she would have lost shape a long time ago.
"No stones would be left unturned as forensic reports and video footage would be sent this morning and from there we take it up. Even though suspects have been arrested by the police and by the time they bring them in for question, I want whoever would be handling the session to be civil and try as much as possible to get facts from them."
The door into the hall opened and Mark walked in with his usual serious face and I don't give a damn look.
"Hi guys." He greeted as he stopped beside Christina.
About half of them responded by waving their hands while the other half gave him a look of you-are-no-needed-here.
"Mark, I believe it was clearly stated that the resumption time every day is seven o'clock. While you have until seven thirty in case of traffic. Look at the time you are coming in." Christina complained as she checked her wirstwatch.
"To start with, its just eight thirty and I will say I am sorry for coming late. Moreso, no one told me about the resumption time." He replied much to Christina's suprise.
Could he really be this sober for once?
"But you were given the book of ethics."
"Oh! Yes I was, but I couldn't read what was written in it. They are just too much for one person." He replied as he without invitation approached the table which stood in front of Christina and picked a blue covered note.
"I will keep breaking rules, at least, for the first one month that I am here. And as I break the rules, you'll tell me what I should have done."
Now he has returned to his former self, the pride was back and the thought that no one could sanction him has taken over his reasoning.
Well, who could sanction him? Nobody. Afterall, he was invited to come ASSIST/HELP in the fight against terrorism. But above all, Christina was happy because she was able to boss him at least for once.
"That will be all for now guys. And thanks for your time." Christina said as she collected the book from Mark and started tidying the table.
"Agent Tina, I would like to see you." A youngman said just as he was about exiting the hall with his colleagues.
"Agent Idriss, you can go wait for me in my office, I will join you soonest." Tina replied as she picked a small bag where she had shoved all the books which laid on the table one minute ago and made to walk out of the room when Mark did the unexpected by grabbing her by the shoulders and pushing her against the nearest wall.
"What the hell were you thinking when you said I broke a rule? Who are you to boss me around?" He asked.
"The last time I checked, I am in charge here and so far no one is above the law, I think there should be no exception. Even Collins who is the boss here, if he is found wanting I can order his arrest." Christina replied looking at his tall domineering figure. She felt like a dwarf in front of a giant.
"You are hurting me." She said and he released his grip on her.
"The next time you try sh!t with me, you'll be suprised." He said, but still held on to her.
"There is nothing to be suprised about. I am in charge here, regardless of where you are coming from, or where you work, you answer directly to me." She replied.
"Let's wait and see." And that moment, he brought his face close to hers such that, he could feel the hot breathe escaping her nostrils and he knew she could feel his too. He looked deeply into her eyes and he could see the vulnerability as she shivered within.
A part of her wanted to kiss him because the last time she got kissed from a man was about five years ago, aside the pecks she recieved from her son when everything was still rosy between them.
"Let me go." She whispered and that moment he released the grip on her finally.
She grabbed her bag and ran out of the hall. A part of her was happy because she could resist, while another part was sad because she blew up the opportunity to be kissed. But the ultimate question was; did he really want to kiss her?
The moment she took the last bend which led to the staircase, her scream echoed round the floor as she threw herself to the ground.
Lying on the floor was agent Idriss who she asked to go wait for her in her office in the pool of his own blood.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2015
--continuation--
Daniel was seated in his office, head bent on the table, deep in thoughts that he didn't know when the door opened and his secretary walked in. It wasn't until she tapped him that he knew of her presence.
"Oh! Magaret, its you."
"Yes sir. I came to drop the Eko atlantic file for you so you can go over it and sign to enable the Finance director disburse fund to the boys." She replied.
"Oh! Eko atlantic? What's that about?" He asked absentmindedly.
"Sir? Eko Atlantic, the file you gave to me when you came in this morning. Its no even up to an hour." She replied.
"Oh! Eko atlantic, I remember. I thought you said, Eko.... Never mind." He replied almost incoherently. "Where's the file?" He asked.
She gently handed the file to him but instead of walking out of the office, she remained.
"Magaret, I think you should return to your duty post or what do you think?" He asked.
"Definitely I will, but sir, I have been watching you for quite some days now and I can see something is eating you up. You are not your usual self these days. The boss I work for doesn't have his lunch in the office, I know you are always the first person to arrive at the canteen even before it is break time an you are always the last to leave, but recently, you have changed." Magaret began as she took her seat even without invitation.
"Magaret, are you a psycologist?" He asked.
"No sir."
"Can you just sit down there, look into my eyes and tell me what my problem is?"
"No sir."
"Good. And if I tell you what my problem is, will you be willing to help?" He asked.
"Of course, anything for you sir."
"Good. And I am telling you I have no problem." He said with a straightface.
"Sir, no one believes he has a problem until things turn from bad to worse. I know you won't tell me, probably because we have an history, but believe me Daniel. I know you. I know you more than you do and I sure that this problem is about your marriage with Adeola. Everyone in this firm knows, then why not tell me what the problem is and try to fix things up."
"Magaret, can you please leave?"
"I will leave, but a problem shared is half solved." She replied.
"Like right now." He stood up and hit his fist on the table.
Only a seductive smile and swaying of hips seductively was all she needed to do as she approached him, planted a kiss on his lips and sat in front if him on the the table. He couldn't help it as he downloaded everything that is wrong with his marriage life and other issues invoving Adeola and his love child.
The door opened when it was exactly an hour that Magaret arrived and Jimmy walked in.
He stopped in his tracks the moment he saw his friend and boss in such an akward position with his secretary.
"I'll see you later Daniel. Don't think about it." She said as she walked out of the office.
"Hi Jimmy." She said as she walked past Jimmy at the door.
One apologetic look from Jimmy refrained his from beating the hell out of the annoying secretary who has refused to leave his friend alone.
"Guy, you no try o. How you go download everything that is wrong in your marriage to that b!tch? Don't you know she might use it against you?"
"Guy, forget. Magaret is a good girl, she can't do such a thing. Not to me." Daniel replied.
"The Magaret I know is very desperate and would stop at nothing than to bring down your marriage. Remember the sweetheart incident, how she almost turned Adeola against you." Jimmy explianed.
"Can we talk about something else?"
"Of course. I found something about Christina." Jimmy announced and for the first time in the week, Daniel's face lit up in happiness.
"What about her child? Our child?" He asked happily.
"Cool down bruv. She lives in Lagos and her son attends one school like that in the Island." Jimmy explained further.
"Lagos? Island? Like seriously, that's your job man. You live around there. I mean you can go on leave for the rest of the year, just make sure my child returns to me." Daniel said.
Jimmy bursted into laughter. Afterall, its good to see his friend in good mood. And he was ready to do anything to help his friend, afterall, he would be doing himself a lot of good if Daniel should get reunited with his child. It means, his secret with Adeola won't come into open.
"Here." He said passing some pictures to his friend.
Daniel collected the pictures and scanned through them. Everytime he came accross Christina in the pictures, he was quick to change it.
"The boy looked a lot like me. Christopher, what a nice name." He thought.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2015
Following
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2015
tecno4life:
Feeling this story, but it got the same father vs Son storyline of all in a circle undecided
I really hope any of ur story can be better than all in a circle D9ty7
There is more to the Father and son thingy. Until you read you know
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:35am On Mar 09, 2015

Macpetrus, LogoDWhiz, Tecno4life, Skimpledawg, stuff46, Neephemie, Prettydiva89, Olanireti, Shankies215, harjiborla10, Ayjos10, Slimzjoe, princesssusan, bigwig97, kizzykeziah, Uthman51 and others whose names have disappeared off the new post page. Your comments are well appreciated and replying y'all will be somehow stressful, but rather than reply you all, I will rather devote that time into typing the next update.
The more encouraging comments I see here, the more the updates drops.

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=D9ty7 post=31446230][/quote]
never mind replying,just keep updating
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:47am On Mar 09, 2015
prettydiva89:

never mind replying,just keep updating
Ok ma'am.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 11:18am On Mar 09, 2015
Oya Oga boss, keep em coming

Jimmy, I've said this, and I will repeat, for you always remember "what goes around, will surely come around"

Thanks for the update
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2015
ai swear Oga dee, u dey scata my dada wit dz tori. Me lovin dt Mark Jr. Already!

#drops hot crocodile pepper soup 4rm faya, whu cares?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
RIde on.

still finding it hard to remember the names.

my brain o!!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
RIde on.

still finding it hard to remember the names.

my brain o!!!!
Why now! Does that mean we'll get a teacher for you?
The characters for now are not much... Lemme do a quick rundown.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Why now! Does that mean we'll get a teacher for you?
The characters for now are not much... Lemme do a quick rundown.

Lol!

don't mind me.

so many things on my small head. exams start this week.

It will b good if u do a rundown tho.

It will help
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
i'm so feeling this story... loving Mark jnr.
ride on Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Skimpledawg:
ai swear Oga dee, u dey scata my dada wit dz tori. Me lovin dt Mark Jr. Already!

#drops hot crocodile pepper soup 4rm faya, whu cares?

Pple Dey Chop corocorodile ?
Gimme small Ma Taste

Oga Dee, U fit Slap Us With 6 Updates A day? grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Lol!

don't mind me.

so many things on my small head. exams start this week.

It will b good if u do a rundown tho.

It will help
I'll do the rundown as soon as I am less busy.
I wish you well in your exams.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Pple Dey Chop corocorodile ?
Gimme small Ma Taste

Oga Dee, U fit Slap Us With 6 Updates A day? grin
What will I get in return if I slap you with 6 updates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64