Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316176 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kenwins(f): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Back to the story line, dee......... Just to satisfy my curiosity, tell me mayowa and his goons are under one umbrella. Tell me they are under an oath. Tell me they swore to be their brother's keeper because not a scratch do i want chris to sustain.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XGod knows y am keeping quiet... waiting patiently even tho it's annoying

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Shebarh:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XGod knows y am keeping quiet... waiting patiently even tho it's annoying
What exactly is annoying? My lack of update?
I don't think it should be. You want to know why? Okay, I'll tell you.
For some four days, I couldn't update and you came here almost everyday of those four days to tell us about your displeasure cos there were no updates. I came around and for five consecutive days I dropped at least one update per day. Suprisingly, throughout those five days, you commented just twice. Now, I've gone some days without updating and you are here with your comments.
What does that tell you? You only comment steadily when there are no updates. So far you don't come here everytime there are updates, you have no moral justification to complain if there are no updates.
You get my drift?
Did you even ask yourself why I haven't updated? Anything could have happened. Sickness, death, out of data subscription. Did you ask yourself?
Except something else is annoying. But if my lack of update is annoying, I think I have replied you to the best of my ability and the highest level of civility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Omololamide:
Pls what do we know thats happening to Dee. I miss Tina... Pls hope all is well.....
All is well my sister. Update drops later tonight.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
daprincel:
Mr D, give us sme updates nau every1 z waiting biko embarassed

A lot of Ppz are following ur stories, pls don't lose that wink
In few hours sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
kenwins:
Back to the story line, dee......... Just to satisfy my curiosity, tell me mayowa and his goons are under one umbrella. Tell me they are under an oath. Tell me they swore to be their brother's keeper because not a scratch do i want chris to sustain.
I won't tell you anything. Rather, tell me where you have been for the past X years and Y months.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Flakeey:
see me oo..chai i don miss
Is this really you? Welcome back.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
D9ty7:

For some four days, I couldn't update and you came here almost everyday of those four days to tell us about your displeasure cos there were no updates. I came around and for five consecutive days I dropped at least one update per day. Suprisingly, throughout those five days, you commented just twice. Now, I've gone some days without updating and you are here with your comments.
What does that tell you? You only comment steadily when there are no updates. So far you don't come here everytime there are updates, you have no moral justification to complain if there are no updates.
You get my drift?
Did you even ask yourself why I haven't updated? Anything could have happened. Sickness, death, out of data subscription. Did you ask yourself?
Except something else is annoying. But if my lack of update is annoying, I think I have replied you to the best of my ability and the highest level of civility.
d last time ah checked v never asked for an update since d last four days.. even today ah only said am waiting patiently even tho it's annoying cos if ah ask for an update u will end up gerrin angry... pheww dunno wat to say.. d last tin ah want is an argument wit u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
Shebarh:
d last time ah checked v never asked for an update since d last four days.. even today ah only said am waiting patiently even tho it's annoying cos if ah ask for an update u will end up gerrin angry... pheww dunno wat to say.. d last tin ah want is an argument wit u
I have a clear understanding of word usage and their meaning.
If I tell you I am hungry, it means I want to eat. So its not until I tell you I want to eat before you know.
Its annoying. What exactly is annoying? My lack of update. And breaking it down further. To stop it being annoying, I must update. And you are telling me you did ask for update.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
Sherbarh n D9ty7. Kip ur mouths shut before I write ur names as talkertives. Anyway I wl spare Da gul cos we r ladies. Dee is cos u r writing da tory o. Like sir skimpledawg will flog u ehn. Oya make peace.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
--continuation--
Mark barged into the ward where he suspected that Tony was held and true to his suspicion, his beautiful wife sat on the bed beside a sleeping Tony.
"You'll be fine." Were the last of her words Mark heard before his anger skyrocketted.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He screamed.
From her reaction, one could tell that she was shocked, but she quickly hid the shock behind a forced smile.
"Hey! Sweetheart." She moved closer with open arms.
"Stay where you are." He whispered.
Kimberly opened her mouth in shock. "What?"
"What's your business here?" He asked.
"Tony was attacked and am here to see how he is." She replied calmly.
By now, Tina had limped into the ward. "Hi." She greeted Kim who rolled her eyes in reply.
"Why are you the one checking on him? I don't just get the equation. Why are you the first outsider checking on him? None of his relatives are here yet, and you came here rushing. It just doesn't add up. Or what are you trying to prove?"
"Its doesn't matter if his relatives are here or not. I'm a friend, and frienship conquers all obstacles." Kim replied.
"Oh! Friends my foot. You arrived this country and the first thng you did was to start was make friends. What were you thinking?"
"You have no moral justification to question who I make friends with. Afterall, I lost you the moment you came into Nigeria. The moment you met her." Kim replied.
"Oh! You lost me? And so shall it be." Mark said, and without another word, stormed out of the ward leaving an enraged Kimberly behind with an indifferent Tina.
"So what? What are you waiting for?" She asked.
"Am sorry. Was just about to leave." Tina almost stuttered. She seemed to be intimidated by Kimberly's presence. Suddenly, she got her confidence back.
"I think you should talk things through with Mark. Individual ego is not a good thing. Your marriage is too early to fail."
Kimberly bursted into laughter. "Coming from a baby mama who is yet to experience marriage. Better face the raising of your son and ensure that your baby's daddy contributes his own quota." Kim poured out mockingly before grabbing her handbag.
Just as she walked past Tina, an invisible feeling shook her body, and out of reflex, she dragged Kim back to her front.
"The next time you talk to me like that, I will show you why this place is called Nigeria."
kim snatched her hand from Tina's hold an action which sent the later crashing into the chairs arranged bext to the door, but thanks to the wall, Tina found her balance.
"Sorry." Tony who by now was awake said.
Tina nodded with a smile before limping out of the ward.
----------
Mayor walked into the room assigned to his friends to see Chris seated beside one of them as they watched a music video on his laptop.
"sit up guys." Mayor commanded as he sat down. "Excuse us Chris." He added, and dutifully, the little boy stood up and exited the room.
"So, whatsup?" The guys asked expectantly.
"My dad has agreed to take you guys in for two months, provided you participate in devotion before bed and at daybreak." Mayor explained. "And no smoking, no sniffing within the walls of this house. Avoid getting drunk and no loud music."
"Yes boss." they chorused.
Mayor stood up and made for the door, he stopped suddenly. "That reminds me. There is a job, Dragon was filling me in before he died. A particular Adeola who wants a boy whose picture I suppose is with you to be kidnapped. Can I see the boy, and what are the plans?"
"Dragon only told us about it. He never showed the picture of the boy." One of them replied.
Mayor studied the one who replied for a while. "Are you guys planning behind me? Are you taking jobs without my knowledge?" He asked.
"No." They choruse.
"I hope so." With this, he walked out of the room.

--tbc--

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
--continuation--
Tina sat on her bed thinking about the events of the previous hours of the day. She could vividly remember how the day began. She had first driven Chris to her parent's house where he will stay until it is safe for him to return home. She knew it was her responsibility to protect Chris from all manner of danger or anything that could prove threatening to his safety. Hence, her decision to allow him stay with her parents pending the time that normalcy would be restored around her. Especially, now that Daniel Martin knew where she lived and could decide to show up unannouced, and being caught unawares it thing she wanted at the moment.
Part of her safety measures was acting unprofessionally by preventing the police or whatever agency it is that is interested in his story as the only witness who saw the man who planted a bomb inside N.A.T.U. Despite recieving backings from Collins and Mark, she knew it was still unprofessional of her, but anything to protect Chris was worth doing.
The door into her ward opened and a nurse clad in blue uniform walked in.
"These nurses lack manners. How will you just barge into a patient's ward without knocking?" She thought.
"Good afternoon Ma." The nurse greeted.
"Aunty Nurse." Tina smiled.
"There is a man in the reception asking to see you." The nurse informed.
"A man?" Tina asked.
She knew whoever was looking for her must be from any of the security agencies. Mark left twenty minutes ago, Tony was indisposed and on admission in another ward. The only man who could be asking to see her was none other person but Collins. Even at that, the chances of it being Collins was very slim, because anybody from N.A.T.U, FBI, SSS, NPF or any other security agency in the country would be allowed into the ward once his identity has been confirmed.
"What's his name?" She asked.
"Am sorry, but he specifically asked me not to reveal his identity. He said it is meant to be a suprise. Sweet suprise he called it." The nurse replied.
Tina knew at once that whoever was planning a suprise for her must be someone very close to her, and that narrowed he guess down to her younger brother, Mayor.
"Let him in please." She said excitedly.
She quickly adjusted herself on the bed as she awaited the arrival of her unknown guest
Moments later, the nurse returned and pushed the door opened wider for her guest to enter. Her face fell instantly at the sight of her visitor.
"Come on in sir." The nurse urged as she flashed Tina a sweet smile.
"What's he doing here?" Tina asked herself. "Who told him I am here?"
------------------------------------------
Mark parked his car inside the premises of a micro finance bank at the end of the street where the state teaching hospital was located. He remained seated in his car until he was sure that Kimberly must have left for home. Slowly, he eased the car out of the bank and joined the hospital road. Even though he was yet to understand the Lagos roads, he still had the basic knowledge, and so far, he hasn't ran into any problem with the road safety officials or the LASTMA agents.
The last thing he wanted at the moment was Kimberly's nagging. And going home will mean having another heated argument from her.
"Welcome back oga." The security man greeted.
"Thank you." He replied as he into an empty space between a familiar Range Rover sport and the hospital's ambulance.
"What's he doing here?" Mark thought as he hurriedly made for the elevator.
"You came back?" A doctor asked as he walked into the reception.
"Yeah." He replied and made for Tina's ward.
"Excuse me sir." A nurse stopped him.
"Yes?"
"There is someone with her." The nurse said.
"Its not a bad thing for two people to be with her is it?" He asked and with this he entered the hallway.
--tbc--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Lilyomi:
Sherbarh n D9ty7. Kip ur mouths shut before I write ur names as talkertives. Anyway I wl spare Da gul cos we r ladies. Dee is cos u r writing da tory o. Like sir skimpledawg will flog u ehn. Oya make peace.
There has always been peace, only that certain words have to be said whichever ways.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Omololamide(f): 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thank you. I really do appreciate the updates. They were small though but u re pardoned so far the updates have resumed finally and steadily.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thanks for the updates D9ty7
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by daprincel(m): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
D9ty7:

In few hours sir

Thanks o, more greeze to ur elbow grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 12:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Oga D9ty7, ua da boss.... Literally, i loved d way u handled shebarh. Its says alot bout ya personality. Kudos!!! And to miss shebarh, i s'poz u do Knw hw to appreciate peeps, try dah more often hia..... It helps.

And #btw, tnx for d updates n stay well for us man.

Lilyomi, tear dah list of noise makers n start a new one. U sef, wia av u bn?

Kenwins dearie... Bn a yle o. Bn missin u hia
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 12:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Pukka36:
Thanks for the updates D9ty7
U are alwz reading an update b4 me in all d literature threads av bn to.... Take time o undecided....

#TeamMark&Clara.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 1:52am On Aug 04, 2015
D9ty7:

I have a clear understanding of word usage and their meaning.
If I tell you I am hungry, it means I want to eat. So its not until I tell you I want to eat before you know.
Its annoying. What exactly is annoying? My lack of update. And breaking it down further. To stop it being annoying, I must update. And you are telling me you did ask for update.
its okay plsss... uv insulted me publicly and privately. but just know ah never started an argument wit u ..even tho ah stop reading d story it will still continue ...in other to make peace I am sorry but dat doesn't mean ya words didn't hurt me.... once again i am sorry if all my comments annoys da hell out of u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 3:16am On Aug 04, 2015
I suspect Daniel Martins as Tina's visitor. I hope Mayor's boys are not planning to double cross him ooh. Welcome back Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Skimpledawg:

U are alwz reading an update b4 me in all d literature threads av bn to.... Take time o undecided....

#TeamMark&Clara.....
tonguetonguetongue

Mark nd' Claracry

#TeamMarkOnly#cheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2015
Shey mark nd Daniel nor go fight again lyk dis.......mayor had better watch his back, i pity kim sha, i really pity ha condition......ND HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE TO D9ty7, even tho i dunno ur date, Igba odun, odun kan nii
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 8:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Shebarh:
its okay plsss... uv insulted me publicly and privately. but just know ah never started an argument wit u ..even tho ah stop reading d story it will still continue ...in other to make peace I am sorry but dat doesn't mean ya words didn't hurt me.... once again i am sorry if all my comments annoys da hell out of u
grin.... Onemansquad come o... I neva knew dz babe wz dz sweet.

#pukka36, its teamMark&Clara.... Its sounds more lovely. Gd morning
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Orlolahdey(f): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Oh goodness!! I don miss a lot..let me quickly rush back to read those lovely updates from Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2015
Skimpledawg:

grin.... Onemansquad come o... I neva knew dz babe wz dz sweet.

#pukka36, its teamMark&Clara.... Its sounds more lovely. Gd morning
lol...but serzly ah don't wanna derail dis thread... dats y i v to apologize but dat doesn't mean am happy wit all d tinz dee said last night
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2015
Shebarh:
lol...but serzly ah don't wanna derail dis thread... dats y i v to apologize but dat doesn't mean am happy wit all d tinz dee said last night
Tis owk babe, let it slide... U sure av a good heart. D normal gal wuld av lashed out at Dee for scolding n pickin on her, buh u did otherwise n dt tells more bout ya personality . Lets enjoy d story n updates yle we kip d thread alive.

Have a lovely day ahead
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2015
D9ty7:

You get my drift?
abeg tel her
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Tis owk babe, let it slide... U sure av a good heart. D normal gal wuld av lashed out at Dee for scolding n pickin on her, buh u did otherwise n dt tells more bout ya personality . Lets enjoy d story n updates yle we kip d thread alive.

Have a lovely day ahead
Thanks so much dear.. at least i will v a good day with the things u said to me. .
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Been a while here...Thanks for the updates dee..#TeamMarkandTina..

In my opinion,nt to derail the thread,I think the words dee said to shebarh is slightly too much....We are following your story and as a writer,mostimes you know when you'd be occupied with your personal stuffs,you can tell us before hand that you'd be absent for days not after..You are not under an obligation to tell us why you were absent though but you can just tell us you'd be absent..

To Shebarh: compliment/comment both when there are updates and when der are none..Peace!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2015
Sapphire06:
Been a while here...Thanks for the updates dee..#TeamMarkandTina..

In my opinion,nt to derail the thread,I think the words dee said to shebarh is slightly too much....We are following your story and as a writer,mostimes you know when you'd be occupied with your personal stuffs,you can tell us before hand that you'd be absent for days not after..You are not under an obligation to tell us why you were absent though but you can just tell us you'd be absent..

To Shebarh: compliment/comment both when there are updates and when der are none..Peace!
Thanks.. but ah think it's best if ah stop commenting so as to avoid another trouble
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Rapfrick(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tina or clara na mark sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.