Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe (2349 Views)

Abule Egba Bridge Ready For Commissioning - Pictures / Pics:dangote’s Daughter Joins Gov.ganduje For Power Plant Commissioning In India / Rail Commissioning: Nigerian React #thankyougej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by tswitch: 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
studio14:
fg

That is not an answer.
Ambiguity leaves room for error and lies.
Answer the questions you started the conversation.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by tit(f): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
tswitch:

That is not an answer.
Ambiguity leaves room for error and lies.
Answer the questions you started the conversation.

when half your governor are carrying broom and doing witchcraft,
how do you expect light to work?
dont you know witchcraft fly at night?
when there is no light.
if the light work,
it spoil their business.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by tswitch: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
tit:

when half your governor are carrying broom and doing witchcraft,
how do you expect light to work?
dont you know witchcraft fly at night?
when there is no light.
if the light work,
it spoil their business.

Hahahaha
Very funny.
But I want the information for verification purpose and for fact finding.
Oya don't derail this thread again ooo
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by VolvoS60(m): 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
tswitch:

It is not a fight.

It is not even a debate.

It is a conversation.

It is a conversation where both parties may learn.

I told him the current situation /challenges and even the worries of the Minister who had to engage NANS in a bid to stop the senseless saboteurs because we all know this kind of vandalism is probably done by people with an idea of basic or physical sciences.

I told him what is obtainable all over the world as regards pipeline routing.

I also told him his last statement gave him away. .......

Me leaving means I totally don't see the need to further engage him in any converstion and the onus falls on him to disprove (with facts of course), accept or unaccept my information but not continue in ignorance.

The problem now is a forum with such threads is meant to clarify not jump to conclusions on subject matters one knows nothing about.......do you understand the statement of "giving away now".

Ciao!

^^^^
No sir/madam. I beg to strongly disagree.

Someone expressed his frustration about the failure of the federal government to provide power to Nigerians after several promises. You put the blame on vandals and saboteurs and asked a rhetorical question about 'enemies of Nigeria'.

That angry poster (and they are legion!) then asked why the government cannot secure pipelines (a very fair question to ask). You countered by placing responsibility for pipelines with the communities the said pipelines run through. (According to you, this is the global standard) undecided Not a word from you about the agencies of government with the statutory responsibility for defence and maintaining law and order.

The angry Nigerian then asked why he and other Nigerians have to become States within a State despite paying taxes. (again, a very legitimate question). You then 'labeled' him and quit the conversation. undecided

You will need to provide proof of this global standard on responsibility for pipelines. I am hearing about it for the first time. As for your other comments about the minister's explanations for not delivering power to Nigerians, I can tell you that we are tired. There is always an excuse. Pipeline vandalism. Low water levels in Nigerian dams. Transmission losses. Aging equipment. Congestion at the ports and delays in clearing power equipment. The list goes on and on. angry

Nigerians are tired of failure and endless excuses for it. What is left unknown is whether they have the strength of character to punish these failures.

We shall see. Next month, DV.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by tswitch: 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
No sir/madam. I beg to strongly disagree.

Someone expressed his frustration about the failure of the federal government to provide power to Nigerians after several promises. You put the blame on vandals and saboteurs and asked a rhetorical question about 'enemies of Nigeria'.

That angry poster (and they are legion!) then asked why the government cannot secure pipelines (a very fair question to ask). You countered by placing responsibility for pipelines with the communities the said pipelines run through. (According to you, this is the global standard) undecided Not a word from you about the agencies of government with the statutory responsibility for defence and maintaining law and order.

The angry Nigerian then asked why he and other Nigerians have to become States within a State despite paying taxes. (again, a very legitimate question). You then 'labeled' him and quit the conversation. undecided

You will need to provide proof of this global standard on responsibility for pipelines. I am hearing about it for the first time. As for your other comments about the minister's explanations for not delivering power to Nigerians, I can tell you that we are tired. There is always an excuse. Pipeline vandalism. Low water levels in Nigerian dams. Transmission losses. Aging equipment. Congestion at the ports and delays in clearing power equipment. The list goes on and on. angry

Nigerians are tired of failure and endless excuses for it. What is left unknown is whether they have the strength of character to punish these failures.

We shall see.

The second line was "that is an ongoing development.." ie the solution is ongoing already and if you can be objective you would realise I actually showed some of the ways apart from discussing the new technological monitoring in which the vandalism is being/ will be mitigated or eliminated (even including my own ludicrous shoot at sight solution).

So you see tiring is when seemingly well meaning educated people present their own preconceived notions as conclusions without objectively analysing present challenges or facts available.

Over 50 years rot cannot be removed in a decade as even positive change is a process, so what will it take for Nigeria to succeed if it is not the collective efforts of Nigerians to move the wheels of progress instead of clogging it.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by soundtruth(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nigerians need more suffering to return to their senses
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by VolvoS60(m): 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
tswitch:

The second line was "that is an ongoing development.." ie the solution is ongoing already and if you can be objective you would realise I actually showed some of the ways apart from discussing the new technological monitoring in which the vandalism is being/ will be mitigated or eliminated (even including my own ludicrous shoot at sight solution).

So you see tiring is when seemingly well meaning educated people present their own preconceived notions as conclusions without objectively analysing present challenges or facts available.

Over 50 years rot cannot be removed in a decade as even positive change is a process, so what will it take for Nigeria to succeed if it is not the collective efforts of Nigerians to move the wheels of progress instead of clogging it.

^^^^
The one thing I agree with you on is that it is highly unlike that half a century's rot can be reversed in a half decade. Where I disagree with you is the commitment and focus showed by this administration (and the 2 preceding ones) in reversing that rot.

Too little has been done and it was left too late. Nigeria has had 16 years under the PDP to fix her power problems. Over one and a half decades with at least one resource boom and high government revenues. That is more than enough time and with adequate resources.

I repeat: Nigerians are tired of excuses. We are constantly reminded by Nigerian governments of the mismanagement and corruption of their predecessors. But these same governments will not prosecute their errant predecessors. And at the same time they have proved unable or incapable of solving our very serious problems which they claim, predate their term in office. What are Nigerians supposed to do - just grin and bear the pain while accepting whatever new excuse is put forward for repeated failure? angry

You speak about preconceived notions. Sir/madam, I have none. What I do know is that there are other countries apart from Nigeria in the oil cartel. Nigeria is the only member of the cartel with the dubious distinction of routinely importing refined petroleum products - a situation which prompted a Venezuelan diplomat to break protocol some years ago in expressing his surprise at this strange behaviour. This aberrant behaviour is extended across the board - is pipeline vandalism (and state failure in containing it) a problem in other members of the cartel? If it is, how do other countries handle it? If it isn't then why are we once again the odd man out? angry

Electricity has been around for a long time. It isn't witchcraft or sorcery. It is science at work and its results are evident in countries that have gotten their act together. Countries where people hold their leaders accountable. Nigerian leaders in the 21st century should not be giving 1001 reasons why their country cannot generate electricity.

Nigeria has run out of excuses.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by IanDiamonds: 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Truth be told.... Power situation has grown worse... In my area....
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by emiye(m): 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
The one thing I agree with you on is that it is highly unlike that half a century's rot can be reversed in a half decade. Where I disagree with you is the commitment and focus showed by this administration (and the 2 preceding ones) in reversing that rot.

Too little has been done and it was left too late. Nigeria has had 16 years under the PDP to fix her power problems. Over one and a half decades with at least one resource boom and high government revenues. That is more than enough time and with adequate resources.

I repeat: Nigerians are tired of excuses. We are constantly reminded by Nigerian governments of the mismanagement and corruption of their predecessors. But these same governments will not prosecute their errant predecessors. And at the same time they have proved unable or incapable of solving our very serious problems which they claim, predate their term in office. What are Nigerians supposed to do - just grin and bear the pain while accepting whatever new excuse is put forward for repeated failure? angry

You speak about preconceived notions. Sir/madam, I have none. What I do know is that there are other countries apart from Nigeria in the oil cartel. Nigeria is the only member of the cartel with the dubious distinction of routinely importing refined petroleum products - a situation which prompted a Venezuelan diplomat to break protocol some years ago in expressing his surprise at this strange behaviour. This aberrant behaviour is extended across the board - is pipeline vandalism (and state failure in containing it) a problem in other members of the cartel? If it is, how do other countries handle it? If it isn't then why are we once again the odd man out? angry

Electricity has been around for a long time. It isn't witchcraft or sorcery. It is science at work and its results are evident in countries that have gotten their act together. Countries where people hold their so-called leaders accountable. Nigerian leaders in the 21st century should not be giving 1001 reasons why their country cannot generate electricity.

Great write up.

What these supporters of failure fail to state or may be realise is that Nigerias power generation has continued to go on a merry go round of 2,000mw - 4,000mw in the last 10 years. embarassed embarassed. If GEJ talks about 4,000MW generation today, there are verifiable evidence that OBJ also achieved 4.000MW+.,
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by tswitch: 12:05am On Feb 27, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^

Electricity has been around for a long time. It isn't witchcraft or sorcery. It is science at work and its results are evident in countries that have gotten their act together. Countries where people hold their so-called leaders accountable. Nigerian leaders in the 21st century should not be giving 1001 reasons why their country cannot generate electricity.

I stopped reading at the first paragraph. ...immediately it became a political issue and not national interest.

Good bye!
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by VolvoS60(m): 12:08am On Feb 27, 2015
emiye:

Great write up.

What these supporters of failure fail to state or may be realise is that Nigerias power generation has continued to go on a merry go round of 2,000mw - 4,000mw in the last 10 years. embarassed embarassed.

^^^^
The figures you have quoted above do not lie. Nigerians love to quote our population statistics with pride (without fully understanding the implications). A country with 160 million plus souls cannot generate up to 10,000MW. angry Do people stop to think of what that means in per capita figures? Are people aware that with such low figures for generation, power in Nigeria is a zero sum game? undecided

And yet Nigerians constantly 'go to war' with South Africans in debates over which country is the continental champion. Isn't that debate settled? One country is an industrial power while the other only has people in large numbers. The truth is that today's large population without an industrial base is tomorrow's captive consumer for other people's exports.

Our road is long.
Re: Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe by VolvoS60(m): 12:10am On Feb 27, 2015
tswitch:

I stopped reading at the first paragraph. ...immediately it became a political issue and not national interest.

Good bye!

^^^^
That you stopped reading doesn't make what I wrote untrue.

Good bye. I wish you well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, My Hubby Comes Too Quickly / Israeli Iron Dome Gets Mysterious Upgrade / Pdp Hon Mrs Veronica Onajite Edokplo Assisinated In Sapele (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.