Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

The New Series Empire Fan Club. - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The New Series Empire Fan Club. (118911 Views)

TV Series “empire” Gets A Collaboration With Ladies Cosmetic Brand Covergirl / The New Series 'into The Badlands 'official thread / The Gotham Series Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 12:45pm On May 16, 2015
The gay scenes should be reduced, they are annoying and nauseating.

My favourite character is Lucius Lylon (Terrence Howard) .He brings that enigmatic, egoistic, villainous and charismatically forged personality essential and necessary for the bad guy of a movie( Protagonist) . More enticing is the hip-hop swag and sleekness in his performance.
He's practically the main reason why I watched this to the end.

Jamal is very talented. His vocals are just amazing. His acting is average.

Whoever played Hakeem is not a very good actor either. He seems inhibited, unnatural and his body movements, facial expressions and moods depicted sometimes don't correlate with his actions at a particular time. His lyrics are wackity wack and he needs to work big time on his rapping delivery(Acting is make believe anyway and the auto tune he uses sucks too)
The director/co-director should seek for the services a d0pe Ghostwriter. I won't mind if I'm hired to write Hakeem's lyrics. cheesy

Cookie(Taraji P.Henson) : energetic performance but overly irritates me with her exaggerated ghetto and slutty acts. (For Pete sake, why do black women have to be represented as uncultured sluts in every black movie or movie generally) Its getting boring and predictable. She should cut down the bitchy acts. I thought spending 17 years in Penitentiary would make someone calm and more mature and not the other way round?. This is another error in the movie.

Anika is great ..

Finally, this series is not entirely original and the story line isn't fresh. Its the same stereotypical black man film where black people's only gateway to success, prosperity and fame is through Hip-Hop .

I hate to disappoint but this series may not exceed the 2nd season that's if it even makes it to the second season. Sales problem is one of the major reasons.

Read the other flaws of the movie here: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/what-empire-gets-wrong-about-hip-hop-20150108
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 12:55pm On May 16, 2015
cao:
Imagine Wesley Snipes as Lucious, he was the original choice, but Taraji changed that real quick.
[img]http://www.trbimg.com/img-515f35d8/turbine/la-et-mg-wesley-snipes-out-of-prison-house-arr-001/600/600x400[/img]
Imagine Quincy Brown as Hakeem, that's Diddy's boy (actually he's Al B. Sure!'s biological child with Kim Porter, the kid looks like his biological father - complete with monobrow, seriously it's like Kim was just a carrier). Apparently, the music contract was the major wahala - of course Diddy knows a thing or two about dodgy music contracts.

Imagine Monique as Cookie...she claims that she was supposed to have the part.

Well, that would have been one interesting Empire with Nino Brown as the patriarch, Precious's mum as the matriarch and a spoilt rich kid acting as a spoilt rich brat...

Quincy brown would have beinga better and funnier bad boy. He did great in 'We the party".
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 12:58pm On May 16, 2015
rokiatu:
They are making their own son a villain treating him like an outcast. I feel so sorry for Andre

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGeoNDFNBk
[/url]

Andre is not mentally stable. He has bipolar disorder, thus, the father segregates and discriminates against him.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 17, 2015
kradleber:

Andre is not mentally unstable. He has bipolar disorder, thus, the father segregates and discriminates against him.
i don't like his father for that, he's the one creating enemity btw them
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 9:22pm On May 17, 2015
shokky24:

He actually has the most interesting personality in the entire series.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 1:27am On May 18, 2015
I rili thinkn hakeem gave it his all in acting. Evn tho annoyinly childish espcialy wen it came to camilla! He's nt a born actor. Its his first movie eva! Cut d guy sm slack. He's bn majorly used cus of hs flow in rap. He's a gud rappr wt sm sick swag. D guy is jus 21. And signed to COLOMBIA RECORDS wt d likes of celine dion,beyonce, n sm top music moguls. Tels u a lot abt ds hakeem guy. Tiana n Hakeem r grt together. Love d drip drop song. Jamal 's actn is average bt frm my observation,he's a "performer" in music. Swag n vocals ryt. Abeg Empire try jare. Yh sm flaws here n der but wt a whoopn 7.1 rating after it frst came out? Dts a success. And yh! It beta not exceed season 2. Or 3 at best! #teamjamal. I feel for andre n I lov anika. She's pretty n emotional. Smart too. Luscious jus kps usin ppl. He's to blame for bringn out d beast in her
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by JoshuaKay(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2015
Luscious character is just like dat of Nicklaus Michelson in THE ORIGINALS.
No matter what (bad) they do, they will just be d one to love and d one dat triumphs in d end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 2:43pm On May 18, 2015
shokky24:

Lucius's malevolent schemes are the reason the series was even worth watching. He's such a talented actor.
They just need to polish the story line, add more twists and make it more suspense-filled, cos every scene in season 1 was practically predictable.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by kradleber: 2:51pm On May 18, 2015
nitane25:
\I rili thinkn Hakeem gave it his all in actin … . Evn tho annoyinly childish espcialy wen it came to camilla! He's nt a born actor. Its his first movie eva! Cut d guy sm slack. He's bn majorly used cus of hs flow in rap. He's a gud rappr wt sm sick swag . D guy is jus 21. And signed to COLOMBIA RECORDS wt d likes of celine dion,beyonce, n sm top music moguls. Tels u a lot abt ds hakeem guy. Tiana n Hakeem r grt together. Love d drip drop song. Jamal 's actn is average bt frm my observation,he's a "performer" in music. Swag n vocals ryt. Abeg Empire try jare. Yh sm flaws here n der but wt a whoopn 7.1 rating after it frst came out? Dts a success. And yh! It beta not exceed season 2. Or 3 at best! #teamjamal. I feel for andre n I lov anika. She's pretty n emotional. Smart too. Luscious jus kps usin ppl. He's to blame for bringn out d beast in her

@1st_bold. He gave it his all yet his acting was still horrible?

@2nd_bold.. He's a wack rapper please. Is it those baby mgbeke rhymes that he spits with lame delivery that you call lyricism?

Since his father was a hip-hop legend according to the series, then they should at least ensure his son is up to par lyrically. Why not hire a ghost writer to script hakeem's lyrics instead of ruining the series?
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by yinxfun(m): 3:03pm On May 18, 2015
kradleber:

My favourite character is Lucius Lylon (Terrence Howard) .He brings that enigmatic, egoistic, villainous and charismatically forged personality essential and necessary for the bad guy of a movie( Protagonist) . More enticing is the hip-hop swag and sleekness in his performance.

Whoever played Hakeem is not a very good actor either. He seems inhibited, unnatural and his body movements, facial expressions and moods depicted sometimes don't correlate with his actions at a particular time. His lyrics are wackity wack and he needs to work big time on his rapping delivery(Acting is make believe anyway and the auto tune he uses sucks too)
The director/co-director should seek for the services a d0pe Ghostwriter. I won't mind if I'm hired to write Hakeem's lyrics. cheesy

Cookie(Taraji P.Henson) : energetic performance but overly irritates me with her exaggerated ghetto and slutty acts. (For Pete sake, why do black women have to be represented as uncultured sluts in every black movie or movie generally) Its getting boring and predictable. She should cut down the bitchy acts. I thought spending 17 years in Penitentiary would make someone calm and more mature and not the other way round?. This is another error in the movie.

Anika is great ..

Finally, this series is not entirely original and the story line isn't fresh. Its the same stereotypical black man film where black people's only gateway to success, prosperity and fame is through Hip-Hop .

I hate to disappoint but this series may not exceed the 2nd season that's if it even makes it to the second season. Sales problem is one of the major reasons.

Read the other flaws of the movie here: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/what-empire-gets-wrong-about-hip-hop-20150108
Why would i want to know the flaws..you seem too inquisitive..this a Tv-show,not a movie

What did you now feel like after knowing all the flaws grin grin..like you can now go ahead and write your own faultless script??

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 12:46pm On May 19, 2015
Sick sick sick....Never been a fan of the thug life but Empire got me like fever. I downloaded the whole eish without blinking. Best 'Drama' series for me soooo far! Can't wait for September when season 2 will be out!

Drip drop....haaahaa cheesy

Cookie is indeed a nukky grin . Love the way she handled "booboo kitty"
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 12:52pm On May 19, 2015
Lol @yinxfun... Thank u for dat. Mr ghostwriter! Yeah ryt
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 12:53pm On May 19, 2015
Lol @yinxfun... Thank u for dat. Mr ghostwriter! Yeah ryt.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 12:57pm On May 19, 2015
kradleber:

Anika is great ..

I totally agree with you on the 1st paragraph...infact I think it should completely scrapped. The whole homosexual thing is so in our faces these days, script writers now see it as a need to promote such nonsense...its sickening. Same as The Originals*...a gay vampire and a werewolf partner, like what the flip?? In all I think Empire's 2nd season will be a bigger hit contrary to what you think...the show's great
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 12:59pm On May 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:
Sick sick sick....Never been a fan of the thug life but Empire got me like fever. I downloaded the whole eish without blinking. Best 'Drama' series for me soooo far! Can't wait for September when season 2 will be out!

Drip drippity drop! Lol lov hakeem's stupidity.

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 1:01pm On May 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Drip drippity drop! Lol lov hakeem's stupidity..
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 1:02pm On May 19, 2015
kazzonline:

Please whats the title of the song hakym and his gay bro sang at the very first episode of the show, remb the gay dude on paino and hakym rapping,wen andre's wife told andre that there goes his brothers showing off again.thats song is very cool

No Apologies
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 1:04pm On May 19, 2015
@forwetinnah.. U ryt..its gon b bigger dan seasn 1... "Its pay back bitches"....luscious is a thriller to me. Crazy son of a bitch. Dwight walker? Lol dint see dt

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by nitane25(f): 1:04pm On May 19, 2015
@forwetinnah.. U ryt..its gon b bigger dan seasn 1... "Its pay back bitches"....luscious is a thriller to me. Crazy son of a bitch. Dwight walker? Lol dint see dt.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
nitane25:

Drip drippity drop! Lol lov hakeem's stupidity..

Drip Drop
No Apologise and
Conqueror are my best
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 1:16pm On May 19, 2015
rokiatu:
Somebody is actually supporting Lucious. grin

I am too..love him to pieces. His chemistry with Cookie is Hmmmnn. Old firewood no dey die...i hope they add more romantic scenes of those 2 together. Read Tyrese Gibson will be in season 2 as Cookie's old flame? Those 2 were together in real life for 8years and have 2 kids. I don't care...i want more of Lucious and Cookie cool
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by yinxfun(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Hey friend..longest of times!!Finally our path crosses again... Hope you remember me cool
Welcome to the party

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by yinxfun(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2015
nitane25:
Lol @yinxfun... Thank u for dat. Mr ghostwriter! Yeah ryt
huum.. Not really.. Can't you see my signatures all over the thread grin
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Forwetinnah: 1:43pm On May 19, 2015
yinxfun:
hey friend.. Finally our path crosses again... Hope you remember me cool
Welcome to the party

Danke cool ..GOOD To SEE YOU HERE too
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Alfred234(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2015
kradleber:

Anika is great ..

I hate to disappoint but this series may not exceed the 2nd season that's if it even makes it to the season. Sales problem is one of the major reasons.

@1st paragraph what do u expect to see when the lead character is gay both in d movie and in real life?

@2nd paragraph I totally agree.. Luscious has everything I want in a villain.

@3rd paragraph I also agree.

@4th paragraph pls cut Hakeem some slack its obvious that its he's first time acting, he tried his best and pls his lyrics are not wacky. I like his Drip Drop, keep it moving and money for nothing.

@5th paragraph pls leave cookie alone she's one of the reason why people watch this show, we love overly energetic acting like that if u don't like it go and help the writers to write the scripts.

@6th paragraph Anika is okay.

@7th paragraph I don't think most people watching this show really cares.

@8th paragraph This series will surely exceed the 2nd season u just wait and see.

Overall you sound like someone that is obsessed with perfection there must be mistakes in a movie everything can't be perfect .

1 Like

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 7:55am On May 20, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I am too..love him to pieces. His chemistry with Cookie is Hmmmnn. Old firewood no dey die...i hope they add more romantic scenes of those 2 together. Read Tyrese Gibson will be in season 2 as Cookie's old flame? Those 2 were together in real life for 8years and have 2 kids. I don't care...i want more of Lucious and Cookie cool
2kids kwa?
Taraji P Henson is a single mother of one, she had that child in her junior year in school. Tyrese is not the child's father too.
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Sagamite(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2015
rokiatu:
Anyone watching the new series Empire?

Here's a special fan club dedicated to only the show. This show is something else manhh like I got addicted in no time. I really hope it goes a long way.

Anyways lets discuss new episode, fav characters and stuff on here.

An all new episode tonight by the way.

Started to watch the show when a NL girl recommended it and kept on insisting excitedly that I watch it.

To be frank, I am not really excited about it, it is not my kind of stuff, it is just okay.

Why would I say it is just okay and not my kind of stuff?

Honestly, it is not an intellectually written series. Not in the mold of 24, Mad Men, West Wing, Sopranos, Games of Thrones, ER etc.

It is more of the likes of Days of our lives, Dallas, Dirty Sexy Money etc. Basically a tabloid TV series!

The story plots are predictable and unsophisticated. They are very vanilla and linear, and any occasional twist is frequently unrealistic and only put in there for sensational reasons.

For example, how can you want to propose to your new young wife and then invite your old ex-wife (who is famous for her severe attitudinal problems and is also a sworn enemy of your wife-to-be) to come and witness it and then all of you do not expect any drama? No one would do that, and definitely, not someone who is intelligent enough to build an empire.

How can you have a girlfriend you are cheating on, yet give her the keys to your apartment and then take your side-chick to your house to have a bubble bath (not quickie o, a bubble bath).

Another little-detail faux pas I observed was when they were in a club playing the first song to be released by the homosexual son and all the clubbers started cheering immediately the song started playing. Come on! If a song is new and unknown, it is unnlikely people hearing it for the first time would all start cheering immediately it is played. They are more likely to slowly take it in, decide after a while they like it and then probably cheer or clap afterwards or at the later half of the song. Not start cheering and whooping immediately it came on like if it was Thriller.

Just very unsophisticated scripts. Poor, unsophisticated, unimaginative, low-quality scriptwriters.

You are going to bone your ex-wife in your house, on the bed you share with your new girlfriend, with some of your kids present in the house and you do not lock the doors? You left it ajar?

Another was when the homosexual son came out of the closet in a club full of black people, everyone was cheering and supporting. Like really? Black people? Hip-hop people? Not one dissenting voice apart from the father?

Nigga please!

The show is really unsophisticated and is just reasonably watchable in my view.

The acting (bar the father, Cookie and the homosexual son) is just average. Those are the real 3 I think act really well despite the average scripts they are given.

Another thing they do is pack the programme with celebrities to boost it. Just pure tacky.

The music also helps it.

I don't know for how long those can carry the show amongst non-teenagers. It might soon wear-off.

Worst of all, I think they have partly made the show a vehicle for homosexuality-promotion.

A subtle and intellectual observation is that, out of all the sons, only the homosexual son is written as someone that does not have serious character flaws and is likeable. The typical pro-homosexual brainwashing and propaganda tactic one would expect from hollywood. The youngest son is too arrogant, irresponsible and stupid. The older son is devious and cunning, even to his brothers. Both are hard to like completely. But we are suppose to like, support and feel for the homosexual son. He is the real victim/hero/role model.

Furthermore, too much of the disgusting sight of 2 men kissing that makes it virtually unwatchable for me. Many times, I have to turn my laptop to face away from me and only listen to the audio so I don't miss the plot, while not watching disgusting stuff.

A quick look in wikipedia uncovers it all. The creator (Lee Daniels) is a homosexual black man. And one of the Executive Producers (Ilene Chaiken) is also a homosexual. They are using it partly as a platform to promote homosexuality.

After watching the first season, I would not be watching the next ones because it is not intellectually-written enough for me and it is full of homosexual acts and promotion of homosexuality.

It is so unsophistaced, I would not be surprised the plot will change in future to ex-wife (Cookie) and the almost-new-wife (annika) forming an alliance and working together in future. Tabloid scriptwriting stuff!

7 Likes

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 9:08am On May 20, 2015
Sagamite:

Started to watch the show when a NL girl recommended it and kept on insisting excitedly that I watch it.

To be frank, I am not really excited about it, it is not my kind of stuff, it is just okay.

Why would I say it is just okay and not my kind of stuff?

Honestly, it is not an intellectually written series. Not in the mold of 24, Mad Men, West Wing, Sopranos, Games of Thrones, ER etc.

It is more of the likes of Days of our lives, Dallas, Dirty Sexy Money etc. Basically a tabloid TV series!

The story plots are predictable and unsophisticated. They are very vanilla and linear, and any occasional twist is frequently unrealistic and only put in there for sensational reasons.

For example, how can you want to propose to your new young wife and then invite your old ex-wife (who is famous for her severe attitudinal problems and is alsi a sworn enemy of your wife-to-be) to come and witness it and then all of you do not expect any drama? No one would do that, and definitely, not someone who is intelligent enough to build an empire.

How can you have a girlfriend you are cheating on, yet give her the keys to your apartment and then take your side-chick to your house to have a bubble bath (not quickie o, a bubble bath).

Another little-detail faux pas I observed was when they were in a club playing the first song to be released by the homosexual song and all the clubbers started cheering immediately the song started playing. Come on! If a song is new and unknown, it is unnlikely people hearing it for the first time would all start cheering immediately it is played. They are more likely to slowly take it in, decide after a while they like it and then probably cheer or clap afterwards or at the later half of the song. Not start cheering and whooping immediately it came on like if it was Thriller.

Just very unsophisticated scripts. Poor, unsophisticated, unimaginative, low-quality scriptwriters.

You are going to bone your ex-wife in your house, on the bed you share with your new girlfriend, with some of your kids present in the house and you do not lock the doors? You left it ajar?

Another was when the homosexual son came out of the closet in a club full of black people, everyone was cheering and supporting. Like really? Black people? Hip-hop people? Not one dissenting voice apart from the father?

Nigga please!

The show is really unsophisticated and is just reasonably watchable in my view.

The acting (bar the father, Cookie and the homosexual son) is just average. Those are the real 3 I think act really well despite the average scripts they are given.

Another thing they do is pack the programme with celebrities to boost it. Just pure tacky.

The music also helps it.

I don't know for how long those can carry the show amongst non-teenagers. It might soon wear-off.

Worst of all, I think they have partly made the show a vehicle for homosexuality-promotion.

A subtle and intellectual observation is that, out of all the sons, only the homosexual son is written as someone that does not have serious character flaws and is likeable. The typical pro-homosexual brainwashing and propaganda tactic one would expect from hollywood. The youngest son is too arrogant, irresponsible and stupid. The older son is devious and cunning, even to his brothers. Both are hard to like completely. But we are suppose to like, support and feel for the homosexual son. He is the real victim/hero/role model.

Furthermore, too much of the disgusting sight of 2 men kissing that makes it virtually unwatchable for me. Many times, I have to turn my laptop to face away from me and only listen to the audio so I don't miss the plot, while not watching disgusting stuff.

A quick look in wikipedia uncovers it all. The creator (Lee Daniels) is a homosexual black man. And one of the Executive Producers (Ilene Chaiken) is also a homosexual. They are using it partly as a platform to promote homosexuality.

After watching the first season, I would not be watching the next ones because it is not intellectually-written enough for me and it is full of homosexual acts and promotion of homosexuality.

It is so unsophistaced, I would not be surprised the plot will change in future to ex-wife (Cookie) and the almost-new-wife (annika) forming an alliance and working together in future. Tabloid scriptwriting stuff!
all true but am still team empire lol the funny part is that you are actually right about cookie and anika forming An alliance. The series ended just on that. Lol the writers would so hate you. Lol
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Sagamite(m): 9:22am On May 20, 2015
rokiatu:
all true but am still team empire lol the funny part is that you are actually right about cookie and anika forming An alliance. The series ended just on that. Lol the writers would so hate you. Lol

Roflmao. grin grin grin grin grin

I am still on Season 1, Episode 9, so I did not know that.

The script plots are so poor and absurd, I could imagine such ridiculous plot could emerge from it. undecided

Another evidence, I am always right. grin cool

Wouldn't be watching after season 1. I love my intellectual and out-of-the-box thinking script-writing.

Mad Men, West Wing, 24 ========> Genius writers. My kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Nobody: 9:35am On May 20, 2015
^ Man shall not live by bread alone grin
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by purplekayc(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2015
Dont know maybe to get this from the net or not how good is it?
Re: The New Series Empire Fan Club. by Sagamite(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2015
naijababe:
^ Man shall not live by bread alone grin

This man, from Sagamu, lives by caviar alone. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.