Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss (15002 Views)

How To Ace Job Interviews Without Stress / Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! / 9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by yemicoal(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
J
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
It all depends on the type of job and the boss involve. Many boss will not like such issue. Best for anyone if he is very certain of getting the job is to absent from work with an excuse of an emergency call to attend to a very pressing need. Guess that's not a lie? God bless Nigeria.........Buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1200 only. Call: 08107873795. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by takenadoh: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Can't You talk?

That's easy.

I AM GOING FOR AN INTERVIEW

#SurepGISPayyourinterns
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by timota(m): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
fleps:
I read with passion the last thread on the various excuses given in order to attend job interviews in another coy and I wondered what kind of excuse a Christian could give to honour interview invites.

Please I need opinions and experiences from Christians (or Muslims) who consider and see lying as sin and cannot for any reason (even a Shell interview) compromise their faith.

Last year I have had to turn down two invites because I had no means of honouring it. I applied for one and I was poached for the other. Though I did not reschedule the later because I didn't want it. But in scenarios like these, what should a faithful Christian do?
next time tell them u want to go to meet a pastor for something then wake up early go and meet the pastor first before going for the interview
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fpeter(f): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

Nice one. Can you also enlighten me on the case of Abraham and Sarah where God told Abraham to say that Sarah(his wife) was his sister? Wasn't that a lie?

MY DEAR THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO LIE AGAINST GOD, THE EASIEST WAY TO DAMNATION IS BLASPHEMY
TO ADD OR DEDUCT FROM THE BIBLE WILL ONLY SPELL CALAMITY, THE SCRIPTURE SAYS STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED.
GOD NEVER TOLD ABRAHAM TO LIE, ALBEIT SARAH WAS HIS SISTER...NOTE THAT GOD'S ANGER WAS KINDLED AGAINST THE
KING AND HE HAD TO DO A RESTITUTION, WHERE ABRAHAM PRAYED FOR HIM TO OBTAIN GOD'S MERCY. STUDY YOUR BIBLE AND
DON'T DEPEND ON WHAT SOMEONE SAID IS IN THE BIBLE...PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by missojugo(f): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dear Sir, Please i have some 'personal' issues i need to attend to tomorrow morning. Personal indicates you do not want to divulge further information without lying. If he goes as far as saying 'i know you are going for an interview' do not admit or deny just keep smiling and say 'please sir its a personal issue i would rather not discuss'. Pray very well before you approach him and God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by dallyemmy: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ask God for what to say like Samuel did

I Samuel 16:2

"And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear [it],
he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say,
I am come to sacrifice to the LORD.
"

Saul was still king, as far as he was concerned. He had never
relinquished the throne. He still had many followers, and would be
dangerous to anyone who might try to dethrone him. Instead of telling
Saul where he is going, and what he intends to do, he is to tell him
he is there to sacrifice. He will sacrifice the heifer.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by wellmax(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
See kweson, tell truth na, abi boos go vex say you want get better job?
Seriously you don't need lie. 'I have some personal things to attend to ' is the line I used for my boss. Worse come to worse I take a day off or an unpaid leave for a day or two.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by toluwaniyahoo(f): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

TELL HIM YOU WANT TO GO FOR AN INTERVIEW . THAT WAY YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH LIKE A TRUE CHRISTIAN grin

What of if he eventually not having the job
That means his days are numbered because it shows he's not reliable.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
toluwaniyahoo:

What of if he eventually not having the job
That means his days are numbered because it shows he's not reliable.

Na so
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by gememerald(m): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Just tell your boss you have an interview to attend, note what he/she has to say. explain things to him/her logically, I believe most of us wants to succeed in life even including your boss. If you are really important to the company and they value your work, they might work out something better for you in that organisation.

You don't have to tell a lie to achieve anything in Life, where you are destined for you would surely get, there and most likely not by lies.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by lonelydora: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
MissIndependent:
There is nothing else you can do. The only thing you can do is to tell your boss the truth and if he/she didn't allow you, then forget it!
Like i always do then.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Blitz888(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
shyna01:

did God tell Abraham to say that? please Cross check.
yes Sarah is his sister. go back and read your bible. it wasn't a lie.
Sarah truly was his kit & kin.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Pastor's don't lie so if its me I'll say.... Sir please i can't come to work today, something important came up and i need to attend to it....did i lie? cheesy

Fried plantain
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by VivaLaFrans: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
WENGERNOMICS:

Bros, Christianity does not connote stupidity. When God sent Samuel to anoint David, Samuel told God that Saul the King would kill him if he hears he went to anoint David. God told Saul to go to the town where David's family was and say he has come to sacrifice to the Lord. And then use the oppourtunity to anoint David. And it worked. Samuel went, asked all the old men to accompany him to sacrifice to the Lord in the house of Jesse and there he anointed David. I cant even remember if a sacrifice was eventually done.

Point is: Did God lie? No. Did Samuel Lie: No. All you have to do if you have an Interview is to pray to God to make a way for you to be there. When the day comes: Tell your supervisor you have to go and do a transaction in the bank or you have to take your baby brother for a medical check-up. ENSURE you go to the bank and do a transaction or you book a hospital visit for that day.......then go for the interview. When you are asked where you went to.....You went to do a banking transaction and show them the transaction you went to do.

The truth is that if the Job is truly for you, God will make a way and you would find yourself there. You don't need to lie that you are sick or your father died......except you have plans to be truly sick or to kill your father etc.

If anyone thinks this is dishonest or a lie, try asking God how he performed it in 1st Samuel 16 and 17.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by WENGERNOMICS(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
fleps:

I have thought of the quoted once. I think for now it is a way to reason out.

The truth is that the management know that I cannot lie. There are some activities (Dance Parties etc) even in the firm that everyone know me for who I am and know I will not involve.

I just think that is the way out. You did not Lie. You went to the bank, did your banking transaction and you came back after wards. If it is a long interview, book an appointment with your ward at the hospital, go there, see a doctor and do your thing. For me its just the smartest way out and your conscience is still clear. And dont tell them before hand, do what you have to do and explain when you are back.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by VivaLaFrans: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
fleps:
I read with passion the last thread on the various excuses given in order to attend job interviews in another coy and I wondered what kind of excuse a Christian could give to honour interview invites.

Please I need opinions and experiences from Christians (or Muslims) who consider and see lying as sin and cannot for any reason (even a Shell interview) compromise their faith.

Last year I have had to turn down two invites because I had no means of honouring it. I applied for one and I was poached for the other. Though I did not reschedule the later because I didn't want it. But in scenarios like these, what should a faithful Christian do?
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by jerrymej(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
Tell the truth, if the job is yours, sure you'll get.
If you are not given the job, believe it that it wasn't for you!

God sure pass!
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by adonisNEW(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Its simple, very simple. Just tell the truth.!
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by unite4real: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
gememerald:
Just tell your boss you have an interview to attend, note what he/she has to say. explain things to him/her logically, I believe most of us wants to succeed in life even including your boss. If you are really important to the company and they value your work, they might work out something better for you in that organisation.

You don't have to tell a lie to achieve anything in Life, where you are destined for you would surely get, there and most likely not by lies.
jerrymej:
Tell the truth, if the job is yours, sure you'll get.
If you are not given the job, believe it that it wasn't for you!

God sure pass!

that is it.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
Telling a lie is a decision.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Adiwana: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
pray to GOD,he will make a way
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by timtom: 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
Just tell him/her that you need to attend to some personal issues. If he/she should ask for details tell him/her that it is very personal

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by rezzy: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Yes, I support some people up there.

A guy went to an interview at a very big school. The interviewer said, wow, you have been teaching and have been changing job, and have so many certificates, where are you heading to? He said he wants to become a professor, and the woman said, do you mean you would leave us if need be,? He said yes. He is working with them.

No need to lie. Tell your boss the truth
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Muhammadkhan: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
Why waste ur mb to check this shit.
. Click my signature to start making $500 daily , without spending a kobo, register to get ur free website , send ur brothers, sisters, friends and church members to join you.
They will also get their free website to start making money and fight jobless.
It is absolutely free, you have nothing to loose. An investment free opportunity, try it and pass testimony to others. Click my signature to get access now!
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Sennard(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
As a christian we need wisdom.those people up there have said it all choose wisely but do not lie.may God help us in jesus name.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Ericsdm55(m): 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

Nice one. Can you also enlighten me on the case of Abraham and Sarah where God told Abraham to say that Sarah(his wife) was his sister? Wasn't that a lie?
It's a good thing when things of life are being discussed. God did not tell Abraham to say that. Eventhough, Abraham didn't lied,Sarah was indeed his sister. Read that passage again.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by temmym4(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
WENGERNOMICS:

Bros, Christianity does not connote stupidity. When God sent Samuel to anoint David, Samuel told God that Saul the King would kill him if he hears he went to anoint David. God told Saul to go to the town where David's family was and say he has come to sacrifice to the Lord. And then use the oppourtunity to anoint David. And it worked. Samuel went, asked all the old men to accompany him to sacrifice to the Lord in the house of Jesse and there he anointed David. I cant even remember if a sacrifice was eventually done.

Point is: Did God lie? No. Did Samuel Lie: No. All you have to do if you have an Interview is to pray to God to make a way for you to be there. When the day comes: Tell your supervisor you have to go and do a transaction in the bank or you have to take your baby brother for a medical check-up. ENSURE you go to the bank and do a transaction or you book a hospital visit for that day.......then go for the interview. When you are asked where you went to.....You went to do a banking transaction and show them the transaction you went to do.

The truth is that if the Job is truly for you, God will make a way and you would find yourself there. You don't need to lie that you are sick or your father died......except you have plans to be truly sick or to kill your father etc.

If anyone thinks this is dishonest or a lie, try asking God how he performed it in 1st Samuel 16 and 17.

Very nice comment I must say! I learnt from this smiley
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by slap1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
I rarely see threads with really mature comments after hitting FP. I love most comments here.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Amhappy(f): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
You don't need to lie,just avoid saying the truth. The best thing to do is simply to take a day(s) off so that you can relax during your interview.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by ffo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
Why are you guys over hyping this interview of a thing,
bros, are you not entitled to leave in your office?
tell your boss, you have a personal engagement and apply for leave, shikena.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? / List Of N-Power Batch C Focal Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.