Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? (22999 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean With This Phrase??? / What Does My Neighbour's Wife Mean By This? / 7 Things Ladies Mean When They Say, "I Need A God Fearing Man For A Partner" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 27, 2015
I happened to be "counselling" a junior colleague at my workplace, relationship wise. She had earlier complained to me how her mates not as "beautiful" as she is were getting married while no one was interested in having anything longterm with her.

We got to the part where she always keeps her face like an "angry bird"- frowning mode. sad

I was like, " You should smile often"- She quickly replied, " That's how my face is. If he is really my husband, he won't mind that- He will take me as I am". I hurriedly said, OK.

Then, it got me thinking deep.

Of course, I'm going to take "Her" for who she is but... I sincerely asked myself these questions

1. isn't there a room for improvement?

2. Could her maintaining a "too serious" attitude all the time be a reason she's still single?

3. How has the " I won't change for any guy" helped her these years? Instead, she is been seen as a "bleeping tool". sad

I truly want to know undecided

sad

What's Your Take?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by hizson(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2015
Another thread for the ladies,seriously am beginning to feel pity for them

9 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by buygala(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2015
Very funny... 'Take me as I am' undecided

Do dudes look like Jesus Christ who is your Lord and Personal saviour?

Abi you be non-tested phone for Computer Village, wey person go just buy come go pray for Oluwa say make e work well? angry

Or do we look like your parents who have a moral duty to shower you with 'unconditonal love'? ( if there is anything like that) embarassed

Girls should just stop playing the victim, and morally blackmailing us into buying a totally worthless or even toxic commodity ... WORK ON YOURSELF TO MAKE YOURSELF WORTH THE MAN YOU DESIRE angry

MEN ARE NEITHER SCRAP DEALERS NOR SCAVENGERS undecided

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by iceberylin(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2015
This is the part where i feel for ugly gurls sad

8 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2015
hizson:
Another thread for the ladies,seriously am beginning to feel pity for them

It's a simple question: No one needs your pity grin cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by yankit(m): 8:26am On Feb 27, 2015
wow! am the first to comment. i pray oo make i no twist nd bend them to the shape i want.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by falconey(m): 8:27am On Feb 27, 2015
when una condem girls finish I wonder who una go marry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 27, 2015
OP, if you don't know the meaning of "take me as I am", then you should go back to secondary school.

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2015
Qhal:
OP, if you don't know the meaning of "take me as I am", then you should go back to secondary school.

hmm, OK. I will.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2015
Enusmith and partner in crime, tosyne2much are ladies' albatross. What did they do to you guys? Na wa o

Anyway, back to matter. It means you should take her for her personality and not her character. Like if she frowns her face, you should take her for a soldier not as an angry person! Who would want to date a soldier? Enusmith, you?

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 27, 2015
If only women would take men as they are.... Not minding status and other yardsticks.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 27, 2015
Qiewz11:
Enusmith and partner in crime, tosyne2much are ladies' albatross. What did they do to you guys? Na wa o

Anyway, back to matter. It means that if she frowns her face, she's a soldier! Who would want to date a soldier? Enusmith, you?

No Sire!

The first intelligent reply so far.

The thread is coined from the story- walk with it and quit screaming " the op is bashing ladies"... tsk
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 8:37am On Feb 27, 2015
Its people like the girl that think there problem is spiritual. Its just a simple thing, most guys are already half in love with a girl that smiles at them. its a pity most girls don't think and check themselves. About same reason why I broke up with my gf yesterday, they don't think, and they expect we guys to do that for them. Imagine a gf telling her bf, see there is nothing you can do to me that will surprise me, it can't be more than what all my ex did to me. We should always learn to choose our words when using them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Enegod(m): 8:39am On Feb 27, 2015
It means she doesn't want to have to do her hair, nails, and makeup to get laid Just "take her" as she is! undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by OohMpa: 8:40am On Feb 27, 2015
When a woman get Mr Ibu belly, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get bwest the size of Orange seed, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get nyash the size of Mirey Cylus, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get agric fowl leg, she says take me as I am
When a woman get stletch Mark for nyash, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman spokes worser Engrish than ooh mpa, she says take me as I am angry

But we men say........angry angry

[img]http://emptystress.files./2013/11/god-forbid.gif[/img]

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:
Its people like the girl that think there problem is spiritual. Its just a simple thing, most guys are already half in love with a girl that smiles at them. its a pity most girls don't think and check themselves. About same reason why I broke up with my gf yesterday, they don't think, and they expect we guys to do that for them. Imagine a gf telling her bf, [b]see there is nothing you can do to me that will surprise me, it can't be more than what all my ex did to me. [/b]We should always learn to choose our words when using them.

Thank you Sire.

That's a "strong" word she used there.
She has labelled you already- more like tag you!

Hmm...undecided
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ronald4lif(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2015
Hmmm

I think any lady that says such is trying to convey a certain message, that she might not be your first choice, but she's a great choice. She doesn't pretend to be someone she is not, because she's good at being her. She might not be proud of some of the things she did in the past, but she's proud of who she is today. She may not be perfect, but she doesn't need to be. That you should take her as she is or watch her walk away. Practically, look beyond her shortcomings and embrace her strengths.

As for a lady taking a broke guy as he is; tough tough one. Every one wants financial security, comfort and a better life. The over 7billion people worldwide are exploring ways to better their lives. So to expect someone, male or female, to consider a man who can't guarantee her at least the basic needs of life is not an easy one, especially when she knows she has the abilities to attract someone better.

The take me as I am phrase hardly comes in play in men's part, it's more about the women. And even if it does, not in the monetary aspect of it. Nobody or to be subtle very few people are ready to put up with hardship and only money keeps hardship at length

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
booked
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by YUSUPH1986(m): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
Any advocate for women on dis?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
OohMpa:
When a woman get Mr Ibu belly, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get bwest the size of Orange seed, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get nyash the size of Mirey Cylus, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman get agric fowl leg, she says take me as I am
When a woman get stletch Mark for nyash, she says take me as I am angry
When a woman spokes worser Engrish than ooh mpa, she says take me as I am angry

But we men say........angry angry

[img]http://emptystress.files./2013/11/god-forbid.gif[/img]

Lolzzzz!

Some one was said on FB:

She can't cook, wash, read, speak nicely, even make effort to learn a trade etc.

She even loves money, fashion and food.

She doesn't work o... And she comes to you and says : TAKE ME AS I AM...Who are you naa?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
Hmmm

I think any lady that says such is trying to convey a certain message, that she might not be your first choice, but she's a great choice. She doesn't pretend to be someone she is not, because she's good at being her. She might not be proud of some of the things she did in the past, but she's proud of who she is today. She may not be perfect, but she doesn't need to be. That you should take her as she is or watch her walk away. Practically, look beyond her shortcomings and embrace her strengths.

As for a lady taking a broke guy as he is; tough tough one. Every one wants financial security, comfort and a better life. The over 7billion people worldwide are exploring ways to better their lives. So to expect someone, male or female, to consider a man who can't guarantee her at least the basic needs of life is not an easy one, especially when she knows she has the abilities to attract someone better.

The take me as I am phrase hardly comes in play in men's part, it's more about the women. And even if it does, not in the monetary aspect of it. Nobody or to be subtle very few people are ready to put up with hardship and only money keeps hardship at length

Nice post.
I know WE all have shortcomings, obviously. As I stated, we'll still marry her for who she is.

But, from my story: I'm implying when she chooses to nurse it. hmm.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by bamog(m): 8:53am On Feb 27, 2015
undecided 1st to comment!! Any preceeding comment iz a counterfeit!!! #lobatan

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ronald4lif(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Nice post.
I know WE all have shortcomings, obviously. As I stated, we'll still marry her for who she is.

But, from my story: I'm implying when she chooses to nurse it. hmm.

I think two factors are responsible for that; low self esteem and past rejection experience. She may have had failed relationships and which may have stem from her (perceived) shortcomings.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Thank you Sire.

That's a "strong" word she used there.
She has labelled you already- more like tag you!

Hmm...undecided

I don't think you have an idea of what you talking about, do you?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by pinkhill(f): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2015
it simply means i am not perfect..will you accept me with my flaws

i don't smile a lot and my face looks like an angry bird..will you accept me like that..
Do not compare me with your ex(es) or celebs or other girls...so i am asking you will you take me as i am...look beyond my imperfection cause when you accept my imperfect life you simply make it perfect

6 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

I think two factors are responsible for that; low self esteem and past rejection experience. She may have had failed relationships and which may have stem from her (perceived) shortcomings.

Hmm...reasonable points!

I want to really help her in the little way I can (Make your world a better place.)smiley

She looks meek but very hard inside, I don't know if you understand.

The "Take me as I am" phrase is not really good for her.

I see it daily. She just feels she is endowed and pretty, therefore He should take me as I am...( that song sha) (deep sigh)
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

I don't think you have an idea of what you talking about, do you?

Can you put me through?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Hmm...reasonable points!

I want to really help her in the little way I can (Make your world a better place.)smiley

She looks meek but very hard inside, I don't know if you understand.

The "Take me as I am" phrase is not really good for her.

I see it daily. She just feels she is endowed and pretty, therefore He should take me as I am...( that song sha) (deep sigh)

But will she accept her prospectus bf or suitors the way they are? Left to me, I think if we are willing to spend the rest of your life with someone, we should be ready to change what we don't like about each other. That's my take.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Can you put me through?

At all, its above your pay grade, and it doesn't make any difference, you can drown in your own thought dear brother.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:
it simply means i am not perfect..will you accept me with my flaws

i don't smile a lot and my face looks like an angry bird..will you accept me like that..
Do not compare me with your ex(es) or celebs or other girls...so i am asking you will you take me as i am...look beyond my imperfection cause when you accept my imperfect life you simply make it perfect

No one one is Perfect. We know that already.

Capitalizing on it... For instance...

1. She lies to you and tell you to take her as she is.

2. She cheats on you and says the same.

3. She has little or no culinary skills and keeps saying that- No o, go and learn abeg. That's a Lazy girl talking.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by dareyking(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is He Testing Me Or Is He Simply Not Interested? / Ladies! What Size Of DICK Turns You On And Make You To Come Easily? / Guys, 7 Things We Need To Stop Doing This Year – Nigeria Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.