Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC (1686 Views)

Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi / Adesola Amosu's £2m Mansion In UK (Photos Shared By APC London) / "I Was Hired For ₦1,000, Don't Know Why I'm Here" - Pro-Buhari Protester. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by meforyou1(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Careless mother or money-conscious mother ?We are still investigating how much APC paid their camera lady(Rose Graham)for exposing her 2 month old baby to rainfall in front of Chatham house today.

She even refused to use Umbrella which is Pdp logo.She can’t just be too poor to afford £50 per day for child minder!.One of our newsmen offered her Metro newspaper to cover the baby’s head.

The baby wept through out the whole event.It is high time the social services drag her to court for child abuse.What a mother !God is my Witness.

http://nigeriana.org/123689.html

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by TheOtherview: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
PDP RENTED CROWD...IN DEFENSE OF ROSE P. GRAHAM

A lot of things have been said about Nigerian UK based journalist, Rose P Graham, who made one of the most controversial videos so far, in the coverage of the current Nigerian election cycle. The video is of purported PDP rented protesters at Gen Buhari's Chatham House Speech, there to 'protest' the speech and presence of the APC candidate. RPG, as she is known, has been insulted, threatened, vilified and praised. All these reactions are evidence of the significance of what she has done in her capacity as a fact finder. Some people have called her an APC paid agent herself, and accused her of renting the interview persons herself. This is the most serious allegation against her and I looked into it. It is a blatant lie. Another video has now emerged on social media of a lady simply referred to as Adijatu, who said, and she did not cover her face, that she was paid $20,000 to 'organize' the PDP protest. RPG had nothing to do with the PDP crowd, literally. There is currently no evidence that she was paid to appear on behalf of APC.

If that is the case at the moment, why are we not celebrating her as a fact finding hero? Hasn't the substance of her interview with the purported rented crowd not now vindicated? If all the brown envelope loving journalists in Nigeria pursued the facts with a similar passion as RPG don't we think we should have had a better country long since? Threats (to even life), condemnation, personal attacks. These are the hazards of the profession that a shameless generation of journalists have scurried consistently away from. And here is a new mother who should be nursing her baby at home, out on the streets, fearlessly showing her passion and doing her job, never mind the hazards. She has even been accused of exposing her baby to harm!

Fellow Nigerians, and friends of Nigeria, didn't what just happen at Chatham House, London, expose the character of the two political movements struggling for the soul and destiny of our nation? If PDP have no passion left in London on the ground and if they resorted to paying cash for appearance what does that say about the wisdom of the people managing their argument to prolong their stay in power as a whole? Rented mourners can never cry more than the owners of the corpse, as Chinua Achebe wrote. And this is a party that wants us to believe they stand against corruption. They want us to believe that, right? Or else why would they be asking us to vote them to continue. They can't seriously be asking us to vote them to continue with their corrupt exhibitions now, would they? People like RPG came out in passionate support of what they believe in as the way forward for Nigeria. This passion is the greatest investment anybody can make in the interest of our beloved country at the moment. You can't complain that you are too poor and have nothing to offer. You have passion to offer. Rise to your feet!
'The death of democracy,' wrote Robert Hutchins, 'is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.'
Passion and the explosion of it is what we need at the moment. Not ignorant violent passion, but courageous positive driven passion. A salient and brave effort to say the loudest of what your side is saying, without fear or favor. And to promise to listen to what the other side is saying, without violence or threats. This is healthy democracy.

I have said that I have no problem with the presence of PDP at Chatham House. I stand by that. In fact, I think they should be there. Paying people cash to come and represent your passion however is a cowardly low life act, driven by a desperation that is looking hopeless. It is politics, PDP. Not a TV commercial shoot. I am sure that in the UK you could have found people that believed so much in your case that they would have come out for you. But did you even bother to find them? Money can't buy you passion, as it reportedly bought everyone banging your campaign drum. It can only buy you people that would make YouTube videos after they have collected your money.

There are those who think that RPG shouldn't be rooting for a political party because she is a journalist. I think it is her choice, until she stops being a Nigerian. I am more concerned about if she lies in her capacity as a journalist to help her side of our political story. That hasn't happened.
I think RPG is a gallant, fearless and passionate fact finder. She deserves our accolade for the work she did at Chatham House, London, not our condemnation. May God continue to protect her, and all like her, from the dangerous hazards of their crucial profession. Amen.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/odega.shawa/posts/10152865516684735

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by BodyKiss(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
meforyou1:
Careless mother or money-conscious mother ?We are still investigating how much APC paid their camera lady(Rose Graham)for exposing her 2 month old baby to rainfall in front of Chatham house today.

She even refused to use Umbrella which is Pdp logo.She can’t just be too poor to afford £50 per day for child minder!.One of our newsmen offered her Metro newspaper to cover the baby’s head.

The baby wept through out the whole event.It is high time the social services drag her to court for child abuse.What a mother !God is my Witness.

http://nigeriana.org/123689.html

You're an aşs for putting out a cheap lie like this. Her baby is nothing less than 5 months old, she gave birth around August or September 2014. I know this because I have her on my BBM contact and have personally met her when she was a staff of NTA.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by Slynonny(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Am not surprised this is coming from APC always eager to cry foul.
Such a mother i pity her baby.
Agents of Darkness in disguise for change.
Never again will i fall your lies.
Even the devil said so #NEVER AGAIN.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by meforyou1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
BodyKiss:

You're an aşs for putting out a cheap lie like this. Her baby is nothing less than 5 months old, she gave birth around August or September 2014. I know this because I have her on my BBM contact and have personally met her when she was a staff of NTA.
am i the one that wrote that? or you didnt see the link?
ok, even if the child is one year, is that a good reason for her to abandon the baby under the heavy rain and do the bidding of janjaweedeans her paymasters?
Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by deskossy(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
The hustle is real.but i took offence from her saying the pdp protesters are smelling. That's just plain demeaning and insultive to ur fellow Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by BodyKiss(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
meforyou1:
am i the one that wrote that? or you didnt see the link?
ok, even if the child is one year, is that a good reason for her to abandon the baby under the heavy rain and do the bidding of janjaweedeans her paymasters?

Please show me where she abandoned the baby in heavy rain. I hate cheap and unintelligent lies.
Re: Nursing Mum, Rose P. Graham Was Hired And Paid By APC by bakila: 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
The woman don pass the massage, she came we saw and the news conquered.
Her massage was delivered.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See What FFK Shared On His Facebook Page This Morning. / The Igbos And The Quest For The Elusive Fantasy Island. / The Past And Current Political King Makers In Yoruba Land (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.