Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Konga and their delayed payment issues - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga and their delayed payment issues (12797 Views)

All Payment Issues On Amazon Kindle Solved. / The Risks Of Selling On Konga And Jumia / Making Money On Konga And Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hi everyone, i would like to know if anyone else has experienced this situation below with konga.com .
I am a marketplace seller on the konga nigeria website, last year November i received an order on the konga website from a customer, i accepted the order, packaged the item, took it to the konga drop off location around me and dropped it off there, after which i was given a confirmation receipt/waybill . I tracked the item to monitor its progress and for 2-3 weeks this item was not delivered, i contacted the buyer to confirm if maybe she had received the item and konga failed to update it, and she informed me she had not received the item yet. I then contacted Konga regarding this matter and Konga kept on telling me stories of how they are looking into it blah blah blah, along the line they admitted the item has been misplaced and i would be compensated with the total amount of the item they misplaced.
Since November till date i have not received 1naira compensation from Konga. Anytime i contact them about it they will tell me stories of how they have shifted the issue to the payment department for them to effect the release of the payment for the lost item to me, it has gotten to a point they no longer reply my emails or get in touch with me.
It is painful that a whole store/marketplace as big as Konga should stoop so low as to be involved in this type of hanky panky business. And i wonder if i am the only one who has experienced this same type of treatment from Konga, or if there are people out there who have also experienced this same treatment.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
Standard Konga and Jumia format - it is a Nigerian Thing wink

2 Likes

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by vjsmiles: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
SORRY embarassed
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by dunwun: 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
terrible business people - from personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
voltron:
Standard Konga and Jumia format - it is a Nigerian Thing wink

for real? i never thought they would act this way.. na wa o

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
dunwun:
terrible business people.

very terrible o

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
vjsmiles:

SORRY embarassed

thanks, i appreciate
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by buruike(f): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mine is the opposite of your story.
I dropped off some sandals last Friday and til yesterday it wasn't shipped that I was even scared of dropping the 2 orders I received this week.
I called my support officer and she said I should mail the order details to her which I did.
I read your post and also mailed it to we saying ;'I hope my ase won't be like this'

Trust me as at the time I was sensing the mail of your post to her 4 msges came in and wow...
it was konga msges that my goods has been shipped today .

So I think u should talk to yr support officer .Mine is just the best

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
buruike:
Mine is the opposite of your story.
I dropped off some sandals last Friday and til yesterday it wasn't shipped that I was even scared of dropping the 2 orders I received this week.
I called my support officer and she said I should mail the order details to her which I did.
I read your post and also mailed it to we saying ;'I hope my ase won't be like this'

Trust me as at the time I was sensing the mail of your post to her 4 msges came in and wow...
it was konga msges that my goods has been shipped today .

So I think u should talk to yr support officer .Mine is just the best 

hahahahaha, did you fully read my write up? i say this case has been on since November 2014 till date, c'mon nah, i have not been playing around since, i have been in steady communication with a customer service officer who even used to call me to update me on other orders i had issues with, but when their storyline updated to "your case has been forwarded to the payment department to effect the release of the payment to you" she stopped keeping in touch regularly, sometimes they will call and tell me payment will be released so so and so date, when the date reach and i no see any credit alert and after contacting them they will call back to inform me their payment gateway has slight issues and that i should hold on for a week thereabouts, finally i started asking them "how come am receiving payments for the recent orders i have been shipping out if actually your payment gateway has issues?" , mehn since i ask that question them never reply my mails again o.

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by naijajobspost(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
henribj:
Hi everyone, i would like to know if anyone else has experienced this situation below with konga.com .
I am a marketplace seller on the konga nigeria website, last year November i received an order on the konga website from a customer, i accepted the order, packaged the item, took it to the konga drop off location around me and dropped it off there, after which i was given a confirmation receipt/waybill . I tracked the item to monitor its progress and for 2-3 weeks this item was not delivered, i contacted the buyer to confirm if maybe she had received the item and konga failed to update it, and she informed me she had not received the item yet. I then contacted Konga regarding this matter and Konga kept on telling me stories of how they are looking into it blah blah blah, along the line they admitted the item has been misplaced and i would be compensated with the total amount of the item they misplaced.
Since November till date i have not received 1naira compensation from Konga. Anytime i contact them about it they will tell me stories of how they have shifted the issue to the payment department for them to effect the release of the payment for the lost item to me, it has gotten to a point they no longer reply my emails or get in touch with me.
It is painful that a whole store/marketplace as big as Konga should stoop so low as to be involved in this type of hanky panky business. And i wonder if i am the only one who has experienced this same type of treatment from Konga, or if there are people out there who have also experienced this same treatment.

this is ctytechnologies, for years, i have been a merchant on konga and can confirm to you, konga is not a scam website. if you are a new seller or just joined few months ago ,you should know that shipment to some locations may delay due to logistic problems and dispatchers, i do have orders shipped in december and first week of january and i am just getting delivered confirmation. the reason is quite simple. konga have so many merchants and get thousands of orders daily going to different states. konga in most cases doesnt handle shipment, they have partnered with many logistic companies like courierplus, dhl,fedex, ups in the past among others, most of these delivery companys especially courier plus may take forever to deliver goods, and even when they do, they will fail to update konga that such good has been delivered, you might have called the customer and he or she will confirm delivery,but the logistic company will not update konga, now you are aware that there are thousands of orders, it may take time for this to be noticed, what you should be doing is to always track your orders regularly,call your account manager if you notice anything of such, in due time, it will be solved.i have heard cases where items were delivered to customers and the logistics company fail to update delivery, when konga couldnt confirm delivery,i was paid for those orders. item may also got lost, it happens if you shop on ebay,amazon, aliex,but the difference is those ones do escrow payment so buyers are more favoured and sellers are also assured of prompt payment, but in nigeria case where most online stores do pay on delivery, it doesnt favor sellers as much if items got damaged or got lost, the seller may end up suffering from the loss. once escrow pay starts in nigeria, thats the only way everything can go smoothly,then you will have the opportunity of doing the shipment yourself and then you will know the serious buyers ,no one will want his or her money to be held in escrow without doing proper follow up of items purchased

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
naijajobspost:

this is ctytechnologies, for years, i have been a merchant on konga and can confirm to you, konga is not a scam website. if you are a new seller or just joined few months ago ,you should know that shipment to some locations may delay due to logistic problems and dispatchers, i do have orders shipped in december and first week of january and i am just getting delivered confirmation. the reason is quite simple. konga have so many merchants and get thousands of orders daily going to different states. konga in most cases doesnt handle shipment, they have partnered with many logistic companies like courierplus, dhl,fedex, ups in the past among others, most of these delivery companys especially courier plus may take forever to deliver goods, and even when they do, they will fail to update konga that such good has been delivered, you might have called the customer and he or she will confirm delivery,but the logistic company will not update konga, now you are aware that there are thousands of orders, it may take time for this to be noticed, what you should be doing is to always track your orders regularly,call your account manager if you notice anything of such, in due time, it will be solved.i have heard cases where items were delivered to customers and the logistics company fail to update delivery, when konga couldnt confirm delivery,i was paid for those orders. item may also got lost, it happens if you shop on ebay,amazon, aliex,but the difference is those ones do escrow payment so buyers are more favoured and sellers are also assured of prompt payment, but in nigeria case where most online stores do pay on delivery, it doesnt favor sellers as much if items got damaged or got lost, the seller may end up suffering from the loss. once escrow pay starts in nigeria, thats the only way everything can go smoothly,then you will have the opportunity of doing the shipment yourself and then you will know the serious buyers ,no one will want his or her money to be held in escrow without doing proper follow up of items purchased

Hello, thank you for your contribution. i never said konga.com is a scam, what i have done is to make it known that they have scammed me. konga.com staffs are aware of my case because at least 3 of their staff have been in communication with me either through phone calls or emails. i started using konga.com i think from october 2014, but trust me man, i am computer savvy and i know at least 60-80% of how to navigate my way through such marketplace as konga, amazon and co. that being said, the fact still remains that konga.com has chosen not to pay me for my item which they misplaced, either be it courier plus or dhl or ups or whatever courier company or person that misplaced it, konga.com should bear the responsibility because i handed the parcel over to a staff of theirs at their drop off center and i was issued a waybill receipt, so konga.com should not even try to say that it is not their fault, what they should rather do is to pay me, and then contact the courier company that handled the shipment and get their own payment from the courier company, otherwise am the one losing cos konga.com is still going to collect their money from the courier company cos the courier company misplaced the parcel, na me no go come get my own money.
#THUNDERFIREKONGA.COM

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by naijajobspost(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
henribj:

Hello, thank you for your contribution. i never said konga.com is a scam, what i have done is to make it known that they have scammed me. konga.com staffs are aware of my case because at least 3 of their staff have been in communication with me either through phone calls or emails. i started using konga.com i think from october 2014, but trust me man, i am computer savvy and i know at least 60-80% of how to navigate my way through such marketplace as konga, amazon and co. that being said, the fact still remains that konga.com has chosen not to pay me for my item which they misplaced, either be it courier plus or dhl or ups or whatever courier company or person that misplaced it, konga.com should bear the responsibility because i handed the parcel over to a staff of theirs at their drop off center and i was issued a waybill receipt, so konga.com should not even try to say that it is not their fault, what they should rather do is to pay me, and then contact the courier company that handled the shipment and get their own payment from the courier company, otherwise am the one losing cos konga.com is still going to collect their money from the courier company cos the courier company misplaced the parcel, na me no go come get my own money.
#THUNDERFIREKONGA.COM

well, i felt your pain ,as a business man aswell,i know we use cash to purchase items and it will be painful if such items are lost.i hope they will solve your issue soon,for now,the only problem i am facing is with nigerian buyers buying online and damaging items by using generator that supplies high current and wanting to return after few days, the are misusing the return policy which is very bad for business
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
naijajobspost:

well, i felt your pain ,as a business man aswell,i know we use cash to purchase items and it will be painful if such items are lost.i hope they will solve your issue soon,for now,the only problem i am facing is with nigerian buyers buying online and damaging items by using generator that supplies high current and wanting to return after few days, the are misusing the return policy which is very bad for business

hahahaha, you still dey use "return policy"? you get time o. I don't offer return policy, firstly because i know what i am selling is genuine, and secondly to avoid buyers using my head. imagine where a buyer buys a dress from your store just so she can rock am to party, and after rocking it she gets back and dry cleans it and then contacts konga.com to claim that she wants to return it. who lose, no be you the seller?? although you might have things different cos your line of business might be different from mine.

1 Like

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by pweetytonie(f): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
That buyer could be me. Ordered for wrist watches on Konga they never came and the seller kept calling me to find out if I've received it that he has dropped it off at their office. When I contact Konga they tell me stories but the seller kept calling me to find out but I got tired of Konga's stories and cancelled the order. I believe the op story. Konga is so nigerian
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
pweetytonie:
That buyer could be me. Ordered for wrist watches on Konga they never came and the seller kept calling me to find out if I've received it that he has dropped it off at their office. When I contact Konga they tell me stories but the seller kept calling me to find out but I got tired of Konga's stories and cancelled the order. I believe the op story. Konga is so nigerian

very very nigerian.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by iMerchant: 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
henribj:

Oh Dear, I feel your anger.

I believe there are better ways of correcting a wrong instead of calling the marketplace a scam?

I have been selling on konga for over 8 months and believe me they have their moments.

What is the status of the order on your SellerHQ dashboard?

Have you called your Merchant Account Manager or Officer?

I believe you can escalate the issue to the VP Marketplace and Co-VP Marketplace.

I want to believe you have their details from the newsletter sent on Jan. 5th.

Regards
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
iMerchant:

Oh Dear, I feel your anger.

I believe there are better ways of correcting a wrong instead of calling the marketplace a scam?

I have been selling on konga for over 8 months and believe me they have their moments.

What is the status of the order on your SellerHQ dashboard?

Have you called your Merchant Account Manager or Officer?

I believe you can escalate the issue to the VP Marketplace and Co-VP Marketplace.

I want to believe you have their details from the newsletter sent on Jan. 5th.

Regards

The only thing i have not done is escalate the issue to the VP Marketplace and Co-VP Marketplace and that is because i do not have their contact information. Kindly share their contact information with me.
Thanks.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Suntemi(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have same issue with Konga. Dropped off an iPhone 5s 32Gb since November 29, 2014. That's more than 100k plus. I don call tire, I don mail tire. I even called today.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 10:59am On Mar 03, 2015
Suntemi:
I have same issue with Konga. Dropped off an iPhone 5s 32Gb since November 29, 2014. That's more than 100k plus. I don call tire, I don mail tire. I even called today.

go the place wey you drop off the item and ask to speak to their senior officer, also contact them on mall@konga.com and ask them for your account officer. i pray them get your time o, useless site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by iMerchant: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2015
henribj:

The only thing i have not done is escalate the issue to the VP Marketplace and Co-VP Marketplace and that is because i do not have their contact information. Kindly share their contact information with me.
Thanks.

Kindly send me a mail.

Thanks
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
iMerchant:

Kindly send me a mail.

Thanks

i already did, but you will have to reply back. sent it through the NL email account. so pls check.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by iMerchant: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
henribj:

i already did, but you will have to reply back. sent it through the NL email account. so pls check.

I have replied already.

You have the email addresses and mobile numbers of the VP & Co-VP Marketplace.

I hope that help resolve the challenges you are experiencing presently.

Happy Selling.

Regards
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
iMerchant:

I have replied already.

Happy Selling.

Regards

thanks man, i received your email and have contacted them. I hope they look into this matter. have a good day.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Suntemi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
iMerchant:

Kindly send me a mail.

Thanks

Can I send you an email also? Thanks
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
iMerchant:

I have replied already.

Happy Selling.

Regards

this is the reply i got from one of the two emails you sent to me;
[b][/b]Hello Henri -
Sincere apologies for this issue.

Please be assured that we will look into this and see it through to resolution.

Kindly bear with us - will ensure that you receive feedback shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Amaka
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
henribj:
Very sorry, it is simply a case of logistics failure.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
blink182:
Very sorry, it is simply a case of logistics failure.

i know, but they should man up to their responsibilities. because its logistics failure, make i forget the money with them? no nah, they gats credit me for them f.up.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
henribj:

i know, but they should man up to their responsibilities. because its logistics failure, make i forget the money with them? no nah, they gats credit me for them f.up.
The problem with your case is that it is a large company and you can not fight them but you can take a day off and visit one of their locations to unleash mayhem and make sure you get served before you leave.

Sorry for this but if you continue to trade with escrow then you could use us as we are not yet big enough to ignore users. We hope we never get to that level. The process we operate is quite similar to what you do with konga, the difference is that when you bring the item to our office in Lagos, we inspect and confirm the state of the goods and pay you on the spot. We handle shipping and every other thing from that point.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
blink182:
The problem with your case is that it is a large company and you can not fight them but you can take a day off and visit one of their locations to unleash mayhem and make sure you get served before you leave.

Sorry for this but if you continue to trade with escrow then you could use us as we are not yet big enough to ignore users. We hope we never get to that level. The process we operate is quite similar to what you do with konga, the difference is that when you bring the item to our office in Lagos, we inspect and confirm the state of the goods and pay you on the spot. We handle shipping and every other thing from that point.

i already visited their office right from the beginning, it is not a issue that the drop off office can handle/resolve, all they will do is tell you to contact their main office through their email or phone line.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 04, 2015
henribj:

i already visited their office right from the beginning, it is not a issue that the drop off office can handle/resolve, all they will do is tell you to contact their main office through their email or phone line.
I was not referring to drop office. Go to their main office where executives operate from.
Re: Konga and their delayed payment issues by henribj(m): 12:08am On Mar 04, 2015
blink182:
I was not referring to drop office. Go to their main office where executives operate from.

hahahaha long thing, you wan make them call security for me? nothing can be achieved by going there, the most that can happen is that you meet one of their management staff, report the issue to them, and they will tell you that it will be looked into.
be that as it may, i have already contacted one of their vp of something something, lets see how it goes from there, if nothing profitable is achieved then i will think of further drastic measures to take.
unfortunately naija's power of social media is not strong enough, otherwise this post for don blow and a lotta folks for don dey comment etc and e go don reach konga ear.
i have the feeling that a lot of peeps have experienced this same issue but unfortunately they have not been able to share their stories/experiences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Prices Rise 5% On Talk Of Output Cut / How To Start A Successful BUsiness In 2019 / Coscharistech Gets NITDA Approval For Production Of Cosmos Computers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.