Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? (1369 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman / A 40-year-old Zimbabwean Woman, Betty Mbereko Is Said To Wed Her Son, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by lobaloba88: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
I am in my late 30s which means I'm close to clocking the proverbial "A fool at 40".
As a responsible Husband and parent my thinking is that I should do off with Jeans and T-shirts (Which till date is my best outfit).

Can I possibly get suggestions from the house on responsible ways to dress and still look young and responsible.

Advice on new and trending dress combinations and where to get them will be highly appreciated.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by iamtheprincipal: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Boss, being on jeans and T-shirts only makes you look smart as far I am concerned.
What qualifies the 'saying' is when you fail to pay attention to developing your capacity, which what I think you should concentrate on henceforth - Human Capacity Development.

2 Likes

Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dude.. this is the best time to look suave.
At this age you are expected to look mature but not old. it is a time when your fashion sense should speak on a different level of sophistication.
No matter the clothes you wear.. if you look like an un-kept mechanic - a Louis Vuitton

1: Grooming your Hair (Facial and Head) should essentially reflect "Simple Sophistication" No Toma-hawk or ridge or dread-locks. A Trim low-cut (not skin-cut) A beard makes a statement about your maturity.. clean cut lines but not the Rick-Ross or Snoop Dawg style

2: Take care of your skin as well.. Exfoliating, Moisturizing and Staying out of the Sun.

3: For Clothes, Jeans is still in but you need to understand that you cannot SAG, MULTI-TONED or wear RIPPED or SKINNY jeans at that age.. There are simple STRAIGHT or Boot-cut Jeans for peeps at that age. remember to think about the Belt and Belt Buckle. it should not be a WWF Wrestling belt

Visit this site for better tips.. i have and it has changed my life http://www.askmen.com
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by chinnelle(f): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nothing wrong with wearing jeans and t shirts
just try to incorporate traditional wears in your dressings too.

you are good to go
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by thorpido(m): 7:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
There's nothing wrong with jeans as long as it's not the ripped one.
Just dress maturedly.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by gidjah(m): 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
It also depends on the nature of your job too. If you belong to the cooperate world ,then you might have less to do with jean just like me. If you are a minister of the Gospel just like me,then jeans might be out of it [except for once in a while ].like my humble self ,i get home at night ,work on saturdays tom and minimum 13 hours at the church on sundays ,so where would jeans fit in for me?
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
There is nothing wrong with jeans and t-shirts. Just don't wear it to occasions that require a native or cooperate dressing m
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Dyt(f): 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pls put up a tattoo, wear armless tees, sag ur jeans.
U know all those timberland shoes too
And don't forget to fry ur hair, jerry curls things
Sweet papa
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 28, 2015
Wear shirts and Jean
chinos and good shirts
Go for snickers/canvas/ sandals more often.
Go for clean cut natives with moderate designs.
Go for round plain wristwatches
You can wear face caps/panaman caps sometimes to complement your dressing.
plain trousers should be worn on official occasion when you need to look official. It should go with not too bright colourful shishirt.Enjoy.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 28, 2015
So what do you want to wear? Agbada and shoki? undecided

please! stick to them Jeans, wearing them doesn't make you less a responsible husband and parent.

You can just select ones that are not too baggy and that will fit you. Sagging it down will make you irresponsible and more of a bad parent.

1 Like

Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Qualer: 6:13am On Feb 28, 2015
chinnelle:
Nothing wrong with wearing jeans and t shirts
just try to incorporate traditional wears in your dressings too.

you are good to go

Quite profound and straight forward.

That figure though!!
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by chinnelle(f): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2015
Qualer:

Quite profound and straight forward.

That figure though!!

tongue
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 28, 2015
Go to denlere or charly boy and learn the trending fashion undecided undecided
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by johnjon: 7:12am On Feb 28, 2015
old boy be yourself joo.. Fela was wearing pants around at the age of 50.
It's not about what you wear joo. It is about you.

I still rock my jeans and timbo.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by lobaloba88: 7:30am On Feb 28, 2015
johnjon:
old boy be yourself joo..
I still rock my jeans and timbo.

But we don't know how old you are.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by johnjon: 7:32am On Feb 28, 2015
lobaloba88:

But we don't know how old you are.

Well, read btw the lines. Mate.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by Qualer: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2015
chinnelle:

tongue

That was a sly compliment on the picture you used in your profile. Unless that ain't you in the pic.
Re: Recklessly Approaching Age 40, How Should I Dress Henceforth? by lobaloba88: 5:58am On Mar 01, 2015
iamtheprincipal:

pay attention to developing your capacity, which what I think you should concentrate on henceforth - Human Capacity Development.

I'm doing my best in that regard, i realize i can do better with a little input from "accomplished you" though.
However, i shouldn't get your input only when the topic reads...."Recklessly approaching age 40, how to salvage what's left of my uneventful
life".
Lets hear your idea on what capacity development for 40 year olds should be.

(1) (Reply)

New Baby And One Year Hair Cut / Iretiola Doyle Shows Her Injury From A Traffic Robbery / Thread For Born Out Of Wedlock Nlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.