Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? (24221 Views)

Amah Daniel, Youngest DPO In Nigeria, Who Wowed The IGP, Idris [SEE PICS] / Benedicta Daudu In Examination Malpractice Scandal / Student Treks From Kano To Abuja To Protest Alleged Electoral Malpractice In Tar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by ediko5(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
By Edikan Victor

Examination Malpractice can simply be defined as a dishonest or unlawful manner used by a student/candidate to earn grade in examination or unlawful means used by an academic personnel to help a student/candidate earn grade.

In a country like Nigeria, there has been a long and unsuccessful battle against examination malpractice.
Most times students are being blamed for examination malpractice in the country, leaving the teachers, examiners and academic authorities blameless. Who are the main cause of examination malpractice, is it the students or examiners/teachers?

“It is impossible for examination malpractice to occur if the authorities involved are not corrupt”.

If the school authorities, teachers and examiners are not compromised or negligence of their duties during and after examination before the release of results, then it will be impossible for students/candidates to cheat in examination.

It is worthy to note that the reading spirit/habit inside a students’ life is destroyed once that student is exposed to examination malpractice by the authorities involved either teachers or examiners.

Some students exposed to examination malpractice right from their junior secondary certificate examination. Here teachers ask students to pay certain amount of money for each subjects they offer especially the compulsory subjects like Mathematics and English Language. The teachers sometimes approach parents of students and convince them to but their children’s success in the examination and in most cases parents readily accept to pay money and manipulate their children’s success in the exams.

This act is rampant in the tertiary institution. Here some lecturers even threaten students that if they don’t pay money to them, they’ll never pass their course irrespective of how they read & write the examination.

It is also worthy to note that once a student have paid money to pass examination once or twice, the reading spirit in that student’s life will be destroyed and the student will no longer see the need to study and read for examination.

ANYONE WHO HELPS A STUDENTS TO CHEAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THAT STUDENT’S DOWNFALL AND THE NATION AT LARGE.

SOURCE: http://www.brainnewsng.com/examination-malpractice-in-nigeria-who-is-to-be-blame/
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Everybody including parents,students,society,government,teachers,examiners,examination body,gate man,and so on...everybody...the exam malpractices will finally stop when everyone in this country starts to do what is right and what their good conscience is telling them!!!

1 Like

Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by justhelp(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
You can't blame everybody but only the government.I have my reasons but I want to sleep now.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by TI1919(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
The government are seriously to be blame on this matter, can you imagine school run by government and no students repeat a class despite poor performance, government rather give schools award of money for performing well in exam ( WAEC) despite the fact that they did malpractice to attain such height, the government in doing this encourages malpractices to such school. Teachers are not paid very well to be encourage them in doing the job most teachers today will leave teaching for a supposed job greater than the teaching. Parents also contribute because as a father or mother you must pay attention to your children what they are going in school it will help them know if their child is perform well or not. If parents will be serious with their kids at home it will help them know the area of difficulty of the child and provide teacher to give the child an extra lessons. Parent also contributed by giving their kid money for exam malpractice. Teachers also contribute by collecting money to give answers on exams day.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by kestolove95(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
My self
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by aminashy: 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by lafex: 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
GEJ is to be blamed because he is not desciplined. If a certain punishment is established and implemented as it was done during the military government like a number of years of impronment for student or teacher caught in the act, malptactice would reduce fastly.

When GMB is voted in he will regulate the malpractices.
I reserve my comment
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
justhelp:
You can't blame everybody but only the government.I have my reasons but I want to sleep now.
Who are the people inside the government?are they not humans and part of the "everybody"am talking about??charity begins at home...
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
GEJ....as usual.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by ediko5(m): 9:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
GEJ....as usual.
Examination Malpractice started in his administration right?
God Bless You For Your Idiotic Comment. Amen!
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:11am On Mar 01, 2015
Bastard...... That was supposed to be a joke.
ediko5:

Examination Malpractice started in his administration right?
God Bless You For Your Idiotic Comment. Amen!
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by ediko5(m): 9:58am On Mar 01, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Bastard...... That was supposed to be a joke.
i told you GOD bless & you call me bastard.
ok o.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by AmucheJane(f): 10:52am On Mar 01, 2015
Teachers, government and parents.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
You called my post idiotic.... You shouldn't have..
ediko5:

i told you GOD bless & you call me bastard.
ok o.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame? by handsespen: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Education is the bedrock of growth and development of any economy and the extent to which an economy improves is through education. Education in its general sense in a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training or research. Education frequency takes place under the guidance of others, but may also be autocratic. Any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks feds or acts may be considered Educational

http://www.scharticles.com/causes-of-examination-malpractice-on-the-standard-of-education-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities / Atiku Campaign Issues The #BuhariChallenge To President Buhari / Maurice Iwu Pleads Not Guilty, Remanded In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.