Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Java Plz:someone Help Me Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Plz:someone Help Me Out (876 Views)

Java Proramers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This / Can Someone Help Out On How To Add A Database To My Windows Forms App / Pls, Could Someone Help Me With Rc5 Encryption/decryption Algorithm Using Vb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by zizou4me: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2009
I want to bundle my application with the database so that on installation i will not have to be creating a new database,it will auto install the DB server if its not in the system,
I have used launch4j, can also use innosetup this only create installers for me,i still have to set up the database myself.i have installanywhere but just can't use it
can someone help me out, any software
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by femu(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2009
what database r u using
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by zizou4me: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2009
My database is MySQL and javaDB
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by femu(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2009
av utried advanced installer
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by logica(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2009
create a script that runs after the db is installed. u can usually do this by exporting the db schema. the script usually has a ".SQL" extension.
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by Afam(m): 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2009
logica:

create a script that runs after the db is installed. u can usually do this by exporting the db schema. the script usually has a ".SQL" extension.

The content in bold refers, @poster do you intend to install databases on clients?

Or are you looking at creating tables on computers with the databases already installed?
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by zizou4me: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2009
Thanks guys
i want on on installation,create the database and the tables.
Re: Java Plz:someone Help Me Out by javarules(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
your best bet is to bundle ur mysql and javadb clients with your installer, so that when u install your app, the database clients too will be installed.

The you create a script that creates the tables and puts temporary data inside them. After your installation, run the script. chikena

(1) (Reply)

Jcreator Softwares / Help In Php,java, Html And C# / General bouquet of information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.