Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! (1874 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / Election Day Map According To Dele Momodu(pic) / Switzerland, Buhari And Abacha Loot - Thisday Newspaper Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by TRUTHTELA: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Dele, I wish Nduka, will put sentiments aside and give this backpage to a SMART journalist that knows his onus. You're a photo-"journalist" and stop tarnishing the image of real journalist by this your beer parlor/social media gossips. Simon,Segun and other smart folks always write THOUGHT PROVOKING issues that bothers on the election/ society in general. But, you, Dele Momodu, always focus on individuals, you're writing in favor of Buhari, because of ONE THING alone, which is, POLITICAL APPOINTMENT. You'll be so shocked that if Buhari, happens to be president, he'll choose his KINSMEN or Tinubu, will appoint someone else as the media man to Buhari, it will NEVER be you. I trust you to come to this backpage and weep of how "you worked so hard to see him become president and now others are reaping the benefit of it". Avarice and short-sightedness of an average Nigerian politician is written all over you.

I can't stand the sight of Jonathan, as a president, however, nobody can convince me that this Buhari, is an option. FYI, millions of bright minds are not going to vote for any candidate, because, the APC folks disappointed them by picking Buhari. APC, is simply a vehicle that the Northern Muslims wants to use and wrestle power from Jonathan ( Southern/Christian President), nothing more and nothing less. Show me one APC, politician that didn't contribute in WRECKING Nigeria or that wasn't part of the "evil" PDP? I so wish Buhari, will be allowed to rule Nigeria, millions of youths without any sense of HISTORY screaming "change" will so regret it, the way they regretted voting for the man that had "NO SHOES". You guys get the type of leaders you deserve in that country.

Yes, I'm Igbo,( Igbo's don't hate Buhari, Igbo's prefer EQUITY, simple). My conscience won't allow me not to give credit to Buhari or state one quality I admire in him. Buhari, might not be 100% HONEST, but, I think he's not a THIEF, in the likes of IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo, Danjuma, and their ilk, that literally PILFER, LOOTED STOLE and ENRICHED their ten generations to come with the wealth of Nigerian people. Hence, Buhari, I can loosely say, is an HONEST man. I can't say the same about Jonathan and I never supported GEJ's presidency, however, I chose to support and defend GEJ, against the unwarranted attacks from Yourba's and Northern Muslim folks, because, none of these two tribes have the MORAL JUSTIFICATION to criticize any president in Nigeria. Past Yourba and Northern muslim presidents did WORSE than the incumbent guy, in every sense of it ( I sleep and wake up HISTORY). Actually, the past presidents laid the foundation, set the precedence and watered the ground that made all the "incompetence, corruption & impunity of the present administration to thrive. Say what you like, those two tribes lives in a glass house, hence they shouldn't...

The British Government and The Chatham House owes the people and government of Nigeria an APOLOGY, because, they covertly supports & gave Buhari, a COUPIST and TYRANT the platform to speak to the "world". Something that the British, USA, Canada and other western nations will NEVER tolerate in their own society, but, they want Nigerians to accept a COUPIST as their president. If Buhari, were to be a British man, he would have been in SOLITARY confinement since 1983. The British, democracy is not PERFECT and there have been reports of corruption among British politicians, but, the British military has NEVER thought of planning a COUP to "rescue" their country like Buhari, did. The USA and UK, always deal ruthlessly with anyone that "compromised" their "national security" interest. It has cost the UK, government around 10 million pounds, to watch Jullian Assange ( Wiki leaks), because he compromised the national security of USA (special friend). In the USA, Edward Snowden, is a fugitive, Bradley Manning is in solitary confinement and dozens of others, simply because these people compromised national security of USA. Dele, why should Nigerians reward someone who compromised national security? Buhari's coup is national security issue and should have been dealt as such.

They wrote beautiful speech for Buhari, he read it, the British press and you praised the born again "democrat". Before now, where have you ever heard of Buhari, being invited to give speech? Nowhere!! A man with vision, will deliver his speech WITHOUT any PAPER, because, his IDEAS, VISION and DREAMS are in his HEAD/MIND. For all I care, the West, is setting the ground to come down heavily on Jonathan's government ( after election), hence, the Chatham house drama and Western "admiration" for Buhari. Jonathan &co, will NEVER handover power to Buhari. Just like MKO Abiola, you can "win", but , you can't be president ( NEMESIS). Buhari, should NEVER, EVER be allowed on any DEMOCRATIC platform or office. It's an aberration and rewarding a criminal for his wrong deeds. Buhari's speech at Chatham House, revealed one thing to me, he's so SHORT-SIGHTED and NAIVE. If he was bright enough, he wouldn't have truncated democracy. Buhari, would have allowed the people to change the corrupt government through elections, that's the norm all over the world. Who asked Buhari, to be president of Nigeria in 1983? Nobody, he felt he got the answers to Nigeria's problem and he was wrong. After Buhari, IBB,Abacha, and Obasanjo, came, consequently, all that could go wrong, went wrong with Nigeria, everything GOOD either collapsed or left Nigeria and the Yourba's and Northern Muslims, wants Jonathan to wave the magic wand in six years. You can't eat your cake and have it. You want Jonathan to go? Millions wants Nigeria to go. So, NO EASY WAY TO THAT YOUR " change".

I don't even want to write about Buhari's silence in 2011, when his foot soldiers carried out his incitement, by killing hundreds of people because their master lost an election. WHAT A CONSCIENCELESS MAN!! And you're here writing about his "transfiguration"? Dele, continue to sit on the wrong side, because, you're looking for crumbs from politicians.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by olu77(m): 8:27am On Feb 28, 2015
Well, it's good you admitted that between two evils Buhari is a lesser evil. In 2011 westerners were divided between Jonathan and Ribadu and Buhari wasn't even an option

Check your history sources properly, you will realise that the yorubas have always been at the receiving end of crictisizing government be it from north or from west. They dare prison and death to wrestle the country from the grips of tyrants while the igbos go about their businesses, though inbetween, the igbos find time to say one sentence "yorubas are cowards". Fela, Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi and numerous others have been to prisons and back time without numbers. I think it's actually the yorubas that want equity and fairness.

Until the way election is handled in this country changes we'll continue to have thesame dillema because honest and credible people cannot get to power except they ride on the chariots of the corrupt who have stolen more than their 10th genetation will ever needed. Tell me, how many other presidential aspirant you know, they are rarely visible because they don't have the wherewithal to campaign.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by medamillion(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2015
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an un- brainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.

11 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2015
Typing
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by uniklinkum(m): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2015
Same ethnocentric and senseless gibberish from the same angle of evil of the nation. These emotional nitwit should sell there campaign through his performance and stop boring us with inanities.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by warrior01: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2015
Getting ready. This is gonna be interesting.
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by fitzmayowa: 9:00am On Feb 28, 2015
This will be interesting watching in HD
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by absoluteSuccess: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2015
Crafty title.
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by dein77(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2015
Interesting. ....Following keenly.
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Clerverly: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2015
Why are Ndigbo Crying More Than The Bereaved??

3 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2015
I stopped reading when I saw "... mechanism to wrestle power from Southern christen". The erite-up reeks of ethnic debasement. People really need to see coming elections as a means to correct our mistakes and not as a war between 2 tribes, there is no almanac that predicts an Igbo man will save Nigeria and definitely none that says its an Hausa man but if anyone wants me to vote Gej because of the writer's rant and inciting comments, they are wrong. Buhari might not be the messiah but, after 5 years, Gej has had ample time to show Nigerians he is far from being our messiah either, if anything, he is our arch-nemesis

5 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Akpan107(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2015
Buhari will never rule Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2015
Can change come from tinubu? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by kayslimshady(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2015
Dele is a political bigot. He goes on the social networks rubbishing Nigeria's image. I asked him y he does that and told him little things he doesn't want to hear, guess what he blocked me.

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by OluBendel: 10:57am On Feb 28, 2015
Zedric:
I stopped reading when I saw "... mechanism to wrestle power from Southern christen". The erite-up reeks of ethnic debasement. People really need to see coming elections as a means to correct our mistakes and not as a war between 2 tribes, there is no almanac that predicts an Igbo man will save Nigeria and definitely none that says its an Hausa man but if anyone wants me to vote Gej because of the writer's rant and inciting comments, they are wrong. Buhari might not be the messiah but, after 5 years, Gej has had ample time to show Nigerians he is far from being our messiah either, if anything, he is our arch-nemesis

Thank you!
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by mrmetoo1: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
This person actually challenged Dele Momodu in writing and went ahead to write a grade 9 level essay. What a joke. You're not supporting Jonathan but you chose to write against Buhari even though you admitted he's more honest than most.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Trailblazer1(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2015
uniklinkum:
Same ethnocentric and senseless gibberish from the same angle of evil of the nation. These emotional nitwit should sell there campaign through his performance and stop boring us with inanities.

Post Rating:

Grammar: 80%

Sense: -50%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Igwe9(m): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2015
Well said, This is the best time to get it right. Vote GEJ. Atleast, there will be distraction no more since he isn't coming out to contest again. He can afford to step on toes as he'd be owing nobody any re-election support.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by OLADD: 11:18am On Feb 28, 2015
If there's any positive import from the candidacy of Buhari in the build-up to the forthcoming elections, it's the unraveling of the the level of hypocrisy and double-sidedness in once revered people like Dele Momodu, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, Festus Keyamo and others who had hitherto fooled us as been nationalists and patriots. These people are nothing but fairweather opportunists.

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by shaqhead: 11:26am On Feb 28, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This person actually challenged Dele Momodu in writing and went ahead to write a grade 9 level essay. What a joke. You're not supporting Jonathan but you chose to write against Buhari even though you admitted he's more honest than most.

That is where I stopped readin...what a contradiction! Folks of his kind desire equity as posited in his emotional reverie, but what they forget is that you dont get equity because you deserve it but because you demand it!
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by dokyOloye: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2015
Overthrowing a democratically elected govt amounts to murder in a democracy.
Just like d writer said,in sane climes,Buhari should be on a death row or serving a life sentence for that singular act,but here in my country,some ppl r desperately trying to force this same man on us.
What about d certificate saga or d lying on oath saga?
It should be obvious to any right thinking Nigerian that Buhari never wrote WASC or Cambridge or whatever is its equivalent.
Looks like there's a different set of laws for our Hausa/fulani overlords and their Yoruba minions.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by tobechi74: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2015
He made small sence shaa
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Trailblazer1(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc
You grew up shouting "up Nepa" and expect GEJ to wave his Magic wand after 5years. Nonetheless more power stations are being commissioned, things are getting better. Nevertheless buhari has no better plans to generate power except the usual theories we are already used to hearing.

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.
You are a certified hypocrite for saying this, Even APC stalwarts are full of praise for Akinwunmi Adesina the Agriculture Minister for his giant strides in the Agricultural sector, Gov. Kwakwanso even recognised him by naming an irrigation plant after him. Nairaland APC members even called Akinwunmi Adesina a progressive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.
I can feel your pains dear, you can't believe Nigeria became the No.1 economy in Africa under the supposedly clueless GEJ's watch. Its real, the data used in computation of our GDP is globally accepted, hence, our GDP was endorsed globally. In addition, we are also top 6 fastest growing economy in the world.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an un- brainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.
. An advert is necessary to debunk all APC lies of GEJs non-performance. Not every Nigerian has been opportuned to travelled in GEJs A/c Trains, good roads, air ports, Universities, Almajiri schools, to mention but a few, hence the need for advert.

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.
You should be glad GEJ was a true democrat, you now believe you can simply vote out whoever you want and vote in whoever you want, but it wasn't like this under Obasanjo.
GEJ has given every Nigerian the believe that their votes actually count. You may not say the same of GMB.
Enjoy true democracy while it last

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by maestroferddi: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2015
It beats my imagination why Nduka Obaigbena keeps countenancing the inanities of Dele Momodu on Thisday's backpage.

Whoever told Dele Momodu that he is that important...
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by lohresloco: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2015
Can anything come from the certificate forgers (tinubu and Buhari)

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by Ralphlauren(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
Rubbish "reply".

Another Ibo bigot. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by bettsielaugh: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
Single person Makes $389,844/Yr in Her Spare Time on The Computer Without Selling
Anything,,, through the site given below
www.jobspase.com
"I basically make $30,000-$40,000 a month online.Through this site.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by maestroferddi: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
Trailblazer1:

You grew up shouting "up Nepa" and expect GEJ to wave his Magic wand after 5years. Nonetheless more power stations are being commissioned, things are getting better. Nevertheless buhari has no better plans to generate power except the usual theories we are already used to hearing.

You are a certified hypocrite for saying this, Even APC stalwarts are full of praise for Akinwunmi Adesina the Agriculture Minister for his giant strides in the Agricultural sector, Gov. Kwakwanso even recognised him by naming an irrigation plant after him. Nairaland APC members even called Akinwunmi Adesina a progressive.

I can feel your pains dear, you can't believe Nigeria became the No.1 economy in Africa under the supposedly clueless GEJ's watch. Its real, the data used in computation of our GDP is globally accepted, hence, our GDP was endorsed globally. In addition, we are also top 6 fastest growing economy in the world.

. An advert is necessary to debunk all APC lies of GEJs non-performance. Not every Nigerian has been opportuned to travelled in GEJs A/c Trains, good roads, air ports, Universities, Almajiri schools, to mention but a few, hence the need for advert.

You should be glad GEJ was a true democrat, you now believe you can simply vote out whoever you want and vote in whoever you want, but it wasn't like this under Obasanjo.
GEJ has given every Nigerian the believe that their votes actually count. You may not say the same of GMB.
Enjoy true democracy while it last
Points lucidly articulated.

If only certain folks can do the needful and defer to a superior argument.

If only...

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by uniklinkum(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Post Rating:

Grammar: 80%

Sense: -50%

Says a scoundrel with the I.Q of an headless tadpole. Foools like you deserved to be euthanize and your worthless cadaver thrown far to the center of a monster feasting evil forest.
Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by henryangelo: 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
The only paragraph I enjoyed is the issue of Nigerians applauding for someone who betrayed democracy, we keep on shouting that we are not slaves ,that we know better than the whites but still they will advice us to do something that is not being done in their own country and all of us will shout excellent!!! ,if Nigeria continue like this I won't be surprise that one day Abubakar shekau or Asari will come out for president and we will still sing praises to them while some myopic thinkers will reply 'let's give them a chance if they don't perform in 4yrs we vote them out. Is still better we think like the white men who will never give a slit chance to a tyrant,. Our mindsets can go a long way in making this country what we all wish it be

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander's Reply To Dele Momodu, On Thisday's Newspaper. Read!!! by olu77(m): 1:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
Overthrowing a democratically elected govt amounts to murder in a democracy.
Just like d writer said,in sane climes,Buhari should be on a death row or serving a life sentence for that singular act,but here in my country,some ppl r desperately trying to force this same man on us.
What about d certificate saga or d lying on oath saga?
It should be obvious to any right thinking Nigerian that Buhari never wrote WASC or Cambridge or whatever is its equivalent.
Looks like there's a different set of laws for our Hausa/fulani overlords and their Yoruba minions.

Have you been to Ghana? Would you suggest Jerry Rawlings should be on death row too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Water Fuelled Cars May Replace Petrol Cars In Future / A Drug Baron Cannot be a Leader In The Party In Power #apcsacktinubu / When America Is Helping You To New Height .........PICTURE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.