Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram (33195 Views)

6 Assets That Were Seized From James Ibori (photos) / Military Releases Pictures Of Battle Against Boko Haram In Gombi / Military Releases Video Of Terrorists Bombardment (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Tofade(m): 8:26am On Feb 28, 2015
The Nigerian military on Friday recaptured more towns in Adamawa and Yobe States, keeping it free for the residents to return to their homes.

The Defence Headquarters said troops flushed out Boko Haram terrorists from Gulag, Madagali Local Government Area in Adamawa State and Bara in Gulani LGA in neighbouring Yobe State.

[b]“Troops have finally routed terrorists from Bara, the Headquarters of Gulani Local Government Area of Yobe State and Gulag, the Headquarters of Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State in the early hours of today, Friday .

“The fierce fighting that preceded the clearing of towns and other communities resulted in appreciable casualties on the terrorists, the capture of some of them, the recovery and destruction of arms, thousands of assorted rounds ammunition as well as vehicles and other equipment including; Anti-Aircraft Guns, General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMGs), Grenades, Multi-barrel bombs, Multi-barrel Grenade Launchers, rifles and mortar guns,” a spokesman for the military, Major General, Chris Olukolade, said in a statement.

Other locations also cleared in the course of the two days operation include, Shikah, Fikayel, Tetebah, Buza, Kamla and Bumsa.

The Defence Headquarters wrote on its twitter handle: “We have also flushed out Terrorists from #Gulag, #Madagali LGA HQ in #Adamawa state, earlier today.

“#VictoryForNigeria. After 2 Days of intense operations, troops have finally routed terrorists from #BARA, Gulani LGA in Yobe”.[/b]

The reclaiming of more communities is coming a day after President Goodluck Jonathan visited the troops in Baga and Mubi, applauding the troops and reassured them of the government’s commitment to their welfare.

Maintain Momentum

Two days ago, the Nigerian Army Chief, Kenneth Minimah, assured Nigerians that troops would likely reclaim Madagali by the weekend, before targeting Gwoza in Borno State.

Mr. Minimah gave the hint when he visited Baga on Wednesday.

Baga and Monguno were recaptured in the last three weeks by the Nigerian armed forces as they apparently stepped up their campaign against the Boko Haram group. Mubi had earlier been retaken in November.

Earlier on Friday, President Jonathan expressed optimism that the Nigerian troops would maintain the momentum they have built up in ongoing operations against the Boko Haram and rapidly recover more occupied communities from the terrorist group.

In a meeting held in Abuja on Friday with the outgoing French Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Jacques Champagne De Labriolle, President Jonathan said the officers and men of the Nigerian Army he met on the front-lines in Borno and Adamawa States on Thursday were in very high spirits, well prepared and determined to successfully complete their operations against the Boko Haram.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/27/nigerian-military-reclaims-communities-boko-haram/

2 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by DWJOBScom(m): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2015
I NEED TO SEE MORE WEAPON!!!!!

but am glad for the victory

4 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by medamillion(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2015
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Only an un- brainwashed fellow can understand the irony of this statement.

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by brightology3: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2015
Toms up 2 our gallant n brave army.kill dem all,spare no one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2015
Great...God speed soldiers

1 Like

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by temitemi1(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2015
This is victory for ALL grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by absoluteSuccess: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2015
Our army will have victory against the evil forces and crush their remembrance, God willing.

2 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by kodded(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2015
[s]
medamillion:
You don't have to tell me your government now generate 20,000 MEGA WATTS of electricity when we don't have light for over one week now.etc

You don't have to tell me "We are now exporting 40,000 tones of agricultural produce when, if you go to the market, prices of food stuff are more than expensive.

You don't have to tell me Nigeria's economy is no. 1 in Africa when we exchange 205 Naira to a Dollar.

Government of hypocrisy.
View this thread to see how Nigerians have been treated under Jonathan https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Professor Osinbajo said, and I quote "If a government has to advertise what it has been doing for six years; it has not been working".

Please, I am adding please; I am not arguing because I know GMB from anywhere, I am arguing because I want a better Nigeria for you and me.

Let's give GMB a chance; if he fail us after 4 years, we shall all gather here to criticise him; we'll keep changing them untill we get it right.
[/s]
How much them pay you ? undecided

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2015
President Jonathan tried, if you are not satisfy go and hold your governor accountable they were all given what is due to your state.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Akpan107(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:

Government of hypocrisy.

We would never give the former coupist any chance!
They should give us Osinbanjo has the Presidential candidate and the chance would be given.

GEJ must rule untill 2019

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by ogbronx(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:

Government of hypocrisy.

unlimited x unlimited likes . You are definitely an enlightened person.

11 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by iwezor1(m): 11:01am On Feb 28, 2015
When God decides to bless his people he disgraces our enemy

5 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by oplpiloo: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
Nice Job from the military

4 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Babyboy1986(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
Wow nice one kill dem all.

3 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by joedrae(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by adebrave1(m): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by ice74: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
Criticism is a tool that foster accountability, commitment n progress 2 every liberal society...it depicts d power of d masses n d effect doz masses can have 2 d government. Thank God we are alive 2 witness d 'political rise n fall of Boko Haram'

Kudos to the great nigerian army

God bless nigeria
Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by ShootingStar88(m): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
ok
Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Sanchez01: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:

Government of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by mankan2k7(m): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2015
Q
Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by 1MCN: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2015
#NeverAgain

7 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
And apc thugs won't salute d commander in chief for making dis successes possible. Dey shld bury dem head in shame, d military is winning buh dey won't praise dem on social media like dey reported d death of nigerians by boko, mostly sahara reporters undecided

10 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by lorbah001(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
Shun partisan politics and hail the galancy of NIGERIAN ARMY

#Still undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by kay1one2(m): 11:06am On Feb 28, 2015
medamillion:

Government of hypocrisy.

Stop drugs! Please.

22 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by datribune: 11:07am On Feb 28, 2015
temitemi1:
This is victory for ALL grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

FIXED. Were it not 4 d competition frm d APC in dis election, dis clown might never hav taken dis war seriously or visited d N/east whom he considers not as part of his constituency but as people who were trying to make d nation ungovernable 4 him.
Jonathan is a disgrace to all phd holders

6 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by meforyou1(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2015
Chai. APC in trouble. Buhari's cancer may get worse now

4 Likes

Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:09am On Feb 28, 2015
na wa oo --- kingebukasblog
Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2015
We almost there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lt Dashe & Captain Emeka Killed By Boko Haram. Photos Shared By Deji Adeyanju / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Top 10 Presidential Jets Of African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.