Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! (31335 Views)

Daughters Of Abdulmunafi Sarina, Owner Of Azman Air / CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds / CBN Threatens Severe Sanctions On Banks For TSA Violation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by citizenisb: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2015
The U.S. government imposed sanctions on Hezbollah members and assets on Thursday -- but these sanctions did not hit the Shiite extremist organization in Lebanon, where it is based, or even in the Middle East.

They were levied on three Hezbollah figures, an amusement park and a supermarket based in Nigeria, showing the vast reach of the Iran-backed group. Mustapha Fawaz, Fouzi Fawaz and Abdallah Tahini, all born in Lebanon, are accused of being part of the group’s "Foreign Relations Department" in the Nigerian capital Abuja.

The Fawaz brothers, who have citizenship in Lebanon, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, own Amigo Supermarket and Wonderland Amusement Park and Resort in Nigeria. But according to the statement announcing U.S. sanctions, they are really running a Hezbollah front.

“The FRD [Foreign Relations Department of Hezbollah] claims to be in charge of “community relations;” but the primary goal of the FRD in Nigeria is to scout recruits for Hezbollah’s military units, as well as to create and support Hezbollah’s terrorist infrastructure for its operational units in Africa and globally.”

All three men were accused of working with the FRD. Tahini’s responsibilities included, according to the U.S. Treasury, recruiting and supporting Hezbollah’s African networks.
http://leadership.ng/news/414461/us-imposes-sanctions-on-members-of-hezbollahs-nigeria-based-foreign-relations-department

http://www.ibtimes.com/us-imposes-sanctions-members-hezbollahs-nigeria-based-foreign-relations-department-1830882
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by menix(m): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2015
D same person Nigerian govt freed..
Com is it dat Nigerian problem is spiritual..

A Gej fan buh if Buhari wuld undo diz problem i dont mind ooo..

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by citizenisb: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2015
The US feels they are fronts for money laundering operations which they hide behind their legitimate businesses.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by uboma(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2015
citizenisb:
The US feels they are fronts for money laundering operations which they hide behind their legitimate businesses.

The US govt don't act on assumptions or mere feelings. They have facts against the owners of Amigo supermarket. I wonder why our govt still allows them to run their businesses here.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Obinoscopy(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2015
uboma:

The US govt don't act on assumptions or mere feelings. They have facts against the owners of Amigo supermarket. I wonder why our govt still allows them to run their businesses here.
The courts cleared them of all charges and ordered the immediate re-opening of Amigo Supermarket.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/update-why-court-freed-amigo-supermarket-owner-jailed-fellow-lebanese-for-life/#sthash.61a52syN.dpuf

I will blame the courts for allowing the owners of Amigo Supermarket to go scot-free.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 28, 2015
Hizbollah a political party in lebanon also owns its own resistance army is on certain countries terror list. So its members are always place on different type of sanctions
In Nigeria hizbollah is nt a designated terror Grp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 28, 2015
citizenisb:
hizbollah has all the component of a Govt:
The have their espionage units
Foreign affairs Guys

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by citizenisb: 11:13am On Feb 28, 2015
They were however cleared from all wrongs by Nigerian courts

7 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by uboma(m): 11:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Obinoscopy:
The courts cleared them of all charges and ordered the immediate re-opening of Amigo Supermarket.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/update-why-court-freed-amigo-supermarket-owner-jailed-fellow-lebanese-for-life/#sthash.61a52syN.dpuf

I will blame the courts for allowing the owners of Amigo Supermarket to go scot-free.

Are the courts not part of the government?

14 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Obinoscopy(m): 11:23am On Feb 28, 2015
uboma:

Are the courts not part of the government?
Yes they are. Same goes for the DSS who prosecuted the owners of Amigo Supermarket.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by uboma(m): 11:29am On Feb 28, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Yes they are. Same goes for the DSS who prosecuted the owners of Amigo Supermarket.

So would you respect my opinion when I say that I blame our govt for allowing them to continue running their businesses here in Nigeria?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Obinoscopy(m): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2015
uboma:

So would you respect my opinion when I say that I blame our govt for allowing them to continue running their businesses here in Nigeria?
You are entitled to your opinion. Your opinion was never disrespected. It will never be disrespected, even if it was flawed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by uboma(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2015
Obinoscopy:
You are entitled to your opinion. Your opinion was never disrespected. It will never be disrespected, even if it was flawed.

Good. So while you choose to blame the courts, I still hold the Nigerian govt accountable for allowing terrorists thrive in the country.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Ideyontop: 11:45am On Feb 28, 2015
This is not funny oooo shocked shocked shocked Let's just be sure we are not keeping lions thinking they are dogs.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by jeeqaa7(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
Na lie
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by AJOT99(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
Eeya!
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by pabon(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
God help us
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by ichidodo: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
America shouldn't blow our cover because these fawazes could be turned in to esponage assets for the DSS.....have us a good look see at the murky waters of Islamic radicalization and jihad recruitment as it is common in ISIS amongst other terrorist organisations from another perspective to prevent externally funded terrorism in Nigeria and/or terrorism perpetrated elsewhere in transient via Nigeria.
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2015
undecided

OUR INTELLIGENCE GATHERING IN NIGERIA IS A JOKE. THIS SAME BROTHERS WERE CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES IN A COURT. SOMETIMES I WISH THESE WESTERN POWERS CAN JUST TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY FOR TILL WE GET OUR PRIORITIES RIGHT undecided

15 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by SomebodyLovesMe: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2015
Further evidence that Nigeria does not have a government

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by mytime24(f): 11:57am On Feb 28, 2015
America wil knw

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2015
uboma:

We don't ve a government

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by seedorfg(m): 11:57am On Feb 28, 2015
if nigeria money is missing, america will know... thank me later

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
just watch how this will become old news in a few days, monies always change hands under gej's earnest supervision

12 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by eaglechild: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
Hmm do they have ties with ISIS.

I think US should also impose sanctions on Buhari.

Meanwhile just to provide a little information on Hezbollah before APC zombies will twist the tale.

Hezbollah is a Shi'a Islamist militant group and political party based in Lebanon. Hezbollah's paramilitary wing is the Jihad Council.
The United States, the Gulf Cooperation Council, Canada,and Israel classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization. The European Union and New Zealand has proscribed Hezbollah's military wing, but does not list Hezbollah as a whole as a terrorist organization.

Nigeria does not see Hezbollah as a whole as a terrorist organization just like the EU.

Recall that it was only recently that the US classified Boko Haram as a terrorist group.
Does that make the US government incompetent?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by 100Cents: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
I see.

Nah today ?
Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by haulagehandlers(m): 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
Obinoscopy:

reminds me of James On,efe Ibori

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
uboma:

Because we run a highly corrupt and useless Govt angry

I really do not see the reason why Amigo store is till running, despite its suspected ties to terrorism. Foreigners do shiite and get away with it in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! by Sanuzi(m): 11:59am On Feb 28, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Stops Sales Of Forex To Bureax-De-Change / Why Buhari Re-Opened Nigeria’s Land Borders — Vanguard / The Dollar Vs Naira, Can This Be Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.