Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation (31139 Views)

Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank / Egyptian Devaluation Backfires -- Nigeria, Be Thankful!!! / What Is Devaluation Of Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
Charpell:

It's evil and a blessing in disguise.
The devaluation of naira will cause increase in nos of foreign investors into the country

As the 1989 one did?

Sorry....but it won't.

3 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
I dedicate this space to gej to continue his good work for nigeria cus if its jonathan over everything,then we alright

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by jeeqaa7(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
E don bee for us for dis naija so.. Nothing remain again.. Na to return to trade by barter
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
halimaabi:
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

Ambode new recruit errand boy

We want to know what PDP has planned for the coming Naira devaluation....not your hatred for the opposition.

Come now...you guys have a plan?

6 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by 1stola: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2015

#NeverAgain would Nigerians allow a
Useless
Clueless
Shoeless
Zoologist
so-called PhD holder
and a Terrorist rule us again.
#NeverAgain
#March4change
#March4Buhari&Osinbajo

7 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Timohunk:
I dedicate this space to gej to continue his good work for nigeria cus if its jonathan over everything,then we alright

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is because of PDP's harebrained economic polices that we are in this mess in the first place.

GEJ and his gang kept us hooked to oil...which means that our economy is still falling and rising with the oil price.

Don't praise mediocrity. Better get your govt to get us off oil. The era of high oil prices is over.

4 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by BrAkingNews: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by timilinda(f): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
TI1919:
grin grin grin

Pls, what's funny?
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
halimaabi:
AGAIN ANOTHER APC PROPANGANDA THAT WOULD NOT HOLD STEAM.

The reason why the Naira is falling is because our economy is hooked to oil...meaning when oil prices fall, the means of keeping our naira valuable...and storng falls too as CBN raids the savings to keep up the naira....and once there isn;t enough dollars to keep it up....the naira gets devalued.

Your PDP govt with its Dutch Disease Economic practice led us there. APC has nothing to do with it(and no answer to the problem BTW...other than spend more money....which would make the siutuation worse.).

Between the PDP and the APC....we are in trouble. Whoever wins in March is going to have to run Austerity govt.

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by nonen(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
The economic Policies of this country is a SCHEME.
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by synergycom19: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
halimaabi:
AGAIN ANOTHER APC PROPANGANDA THAT WOULD NOT HOLD STEAM.
so we shouldn't report the true state of our country again?because your godfathers are in government

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by akinz4: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Charpell:

I know how you feel bro, but the truth is that it's nobody's fault. The devaluation of naira was inevitable because we run a mono economy system
It could have happened to any govt
How do our nation economic manage managed the money we are getting when we are running mono economy? My brother there are too much wastages and corruption! Even if we are running multi or poly economy, we will still be saying the same thing.GEJ believes stealing is not CORRUPTION. He does not want to admit that we need to cut down our expenses.

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by angelo82: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Smart investors will be very careful because the devaluation can create losses on their investment.....I think the way can devalued the naira is not good and which means we have not seen the end of a stable naira......I believe that the current can management is not competent compare to the previous governors............

Charpell:

I know how you feel bro, but the truth is that it's nobody's fault. The devaluation of naira was inevitable because we run a mono economy system
It could have happened to any govt
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by kumbalo2014: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Khaynet:
Som eidiots would come here now and start shouting PDP and APC

like they have no other thing in their head
The country suffers because of people like you who do not stand for anything-always on the fence. Well, as ususal you have made no point

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is a more reason why I will never forgive the Maradonic govt of General IBB for toppling the innocent govt of Buhari in 1985. For those of us who know little about the sagacity of the general Buhari's govt, I will advice you go pick a book on Nigeria's historiography on the policy strategies adopted by Buhari / Idiagbon to prevent the wicked and heartless SAP sponsored policy of IBRD and IMF.

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by betterabia: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
its a danger for contractors that are being owed for the past one year. when eventually get paid, the value of the cash in their hand would have been depreciated.

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by grandstar(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
This write up is half baked.
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by ZUBY77(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is what I have been saying.

This is the best topic I have read for a while here.

The problem is with CBN.

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by akinz4: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
Timohunk:
Can you say amen to this prayer? As your GET destroyed the Nigerian Economy, That your live should be destroyed! Are u living better now than when ur GEJ became president. How many member of your family can help financially. NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
franciskaine:
This is a more reason why I will never forgive the Maradonic govt of General IBB for toppling the innocent govt of Buhari in 1985. For those of us who know little about the sagacity of the general Buhari's govt, I will advice you go pick a book on Nigeria's historiography on policy strategies adopted by Buhari / Idiagbon to prevent the wicked and heartless SAP sponsored policy of IBRD and IMF.

True...Buhari ran a good Austerity govt....and tried to save.

But such is the funny way Nigerians behave that that is regarded now as a bad thing.

4 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by ABDamola(m): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
Our economy will b 4rm bad to worse and d povery level will deepen!
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by akinz4: 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

We want to know what PDP has planned for the coming Naira devaluation....not your hatred for the opposition.

Come now...you guys have a plan?
@ Halimabi I dont think you have sense. When Stealing is Not Corruption. How many people can help financially in your family?
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Orikinla(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Mr. Reno Omokri should have the answers. [/size] grin
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
grandstar:
This write up is half baked.

How?

It was to be expected. We are running a mono economy.....and once the oil price falls...there goes our means of keeping the value of the naira up.

Plus we overimport....losing Forex....which could have been used to keep the Naira up.

As I have told you Nigerians many times....oil is a curse. You Nigerians should make your leaders lead us down the path of industries and innovation.....so that our forex stays in the country....and we would be able to shore up the naira better....and have a world class economy.

But you Nigerians prefer to chop money....and to fight over the means of dividing the chop money. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
kumbalo2014:

The country suffers because of people like you who do not stand for anything-always on the fence. Well, as ususal you have made no point
what am saying is u should support the candidate and not th party and also must u politicize everything?.......
by the way u didnt make a point with ur comment neither
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

True...Buhari ran a good Austerity govt....and tried to save.

But such is the funny way Nigerians behave that that is regarded now as a bad thing.
I bet you friend, only the enlightened without tribal cum ethnic affiliations will attest to these facts. The 3 best opportunities we missed as a nation are- the toppling of Buhari, the murder of Murtala Mohammed and lastly the failure of Nigerians to see Awolowo as their best leader ever.

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by ichidodo: 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
Devaluation of the Naira is good for the economy in the long run....We need to diversify the economy,curb imports and intensify efforts to boost exports most especially non-oil.....very strategic when you consider we are the biggest economy in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo) / Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.