Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. (5561 Views)

Christopher (A Short Story) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2015
Now I'm afraid. Exam lurking cry

I'm not prepared at all embarassed

Goodbye NL cry
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by touchmeder: 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
Its a great story; it caught my attention 4rm d 1st post and that's huge. Lol

Some mix up with present tense and past tense but you kept me spell bound. Your language is colourful and catchy too. Nevertheless @ some point I was confused.

Is the grandfather mentally unstable or diabolical? Cos dude thanked him in the hospital but hit him @ home in a fit of rage! It was like he changed the second they got home.

And why would the young man entertain thoughts of killing his father - why not the grand dad? At least they are the ones responsible for his father's misfortune. Oh well good luck with your exam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by SegunFlames(m): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Fembleez1:
Now I'm afraid. Exam lurking cry

I'm not prepared at all embarassed

Goodbye NL cry

Wish you the best bro!

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
touchmeder:
Its a great story; it caught my attention 4rm d 1st post and that's huge. Lol

Some mix up with present tense and past tense but you kept me spell bound. Your language is colourful and catchy too. Nevertheless @ some point I was confused.

Is the grandfather mentally unstable or diabolical? Cos dude thanked him in the hospital but hit him @ home in a fit of rage! It was like he changed the second they got home.

And why would the young man entertain thoughts of killing his father - why not the grand dad? At least they are the ones responsible for his father's misfortune. Oh well good luck with your exam

Thanks much bro. wink

The issue of mix-up between past and present tense, don't mind me bro, sometimes I'm always afraid to use past tense in places that requires cause I often see the meaning reading through it as nonsense but I've modified it as you've said. While in some places I didn't modified like the "mother 'sells' moi-moi"(present continuous) was intentional because the stuff is still in process. And other places I didn't modified, too.

Yap, you should be in a better position to classify the 'grandpa's reaction cause me self no know o, it happens often like that, though he is not mentally 'unstable'(as in true life).

About the dudes' thought on killing his father, you would figure his lamentation when you read the point he said ' he wasn't weeping for his(fathers') encounter but he can't just stop making mistakes,' again.

You should also reason with the dude that, if his father hadn't made those mistakes, the grand-p wouldn't have had chance of frustrating the boy because he wouldn't at the first instance, be living with his grand-p.

Thanks so much for your correction bro, it would I think, release me from the shell of fear so I can boldly use past tense.

And for your view/s and thought/s, I'm happy you tried to picture my characters and I await your reply if you think otherwise about the dude's thought or my elaboration/s^above. smiley
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
SegunFlames:

Wish you the best bro!

Thanks flames wink

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
Imagery too badt......anD the use of simile #nice.......but e remain small make my head. Craze...why was papa given a wheelchair when he could walk?judging from when he sat on the white chair and entering his oFfice.........and iF u drop a short story again I will shoot you personally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
Imagery too badt......anD the use of simile #nice.......but e remain small make my head. Craze...why was papa given a wheelchair when he could walk?judging from when he sat on the white chair and entering his oFfice.........and iF u drop a short story again I will shoot you personally.

Thanks bro smiley

The hospital often make sure old people are wheeled because of the stress of someone just recovering or discharged from climbing or descending the staircase.

Why your head wan crase?

Why you wan shoot me if I drop short story again? cry
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks bro smiley

The hospital often make sure old people are wheeled because of the stress of someone just recovering or discharged from climbing or descending the staircase.

Why your head wan crase?

Why you wan shoot me if I drop short story again? cry
. @ some point I want to confuse papa's role with dad's role

Because it is short ni?....and the way you write is *exemptifing*
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
. @ some point I want to confuse papa's role with dad's role

Because it is short ni?....and the way you write is *exemptifing*

Lol

You mean different or free?
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol

You mean different or free?
different
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
different

How do you mean bro?
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fembleez1:

How do you mean bro?
writing descriptively
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
writing descriptively

Thanks bro wink
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by supsybaby(f): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
so touching dear. I like d way u write. u r good

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by KingzPen(m): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Awesome Boss...

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
supsybaby:
so touching dear. I like d way u write. u r good

Thanks dear, kiss. I'm humble smiley.
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
KingzPen:
Awesome Boss...

Arh! Thanks boss. smiley
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Exam in 12days time embarassed.

Lord, help my unbelieve. cry
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Dopeyomi(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nice!

#Bravo! Good job bRo... I've been busy tHo.. I wasn't able to read the whole of Ūя̲̅ first story Buh i̶̲̥̅̊'m̶̲̥̅̊ slightly back on Nairaland.. The story is a short one but it made a whole lot of sense.. I must commend your work bro! More power to Ūя̲̅ elbow..

As F̶̲̥̅̊O̲̣̣̥я̩̥̊ Ūя̲̅ exam in 12 days time just believe that you've scaled through..

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dopeyomi:
Nice!

#Bravo! Good job bRo... I've been busy tHo.. I wasn't able to read the whole of Ūя̲̅ first story Buh i̶̲̥̅̊'m̶̲̥̅̊ slightly back on Nairaland.. The story is a short one but it made a whole lot of sense.. I must commend your work bro! More power to Ūя̲̅ elbow..

As F̶̲̥̅̊O̲̣̣̥я̩̥̊ Ūя̲̅ exam in 12 days time just believe that you've scaled through..

Amen boss, thanks much! smiley
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Dopeyomi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fembleez1:

Amen boss, thanks much! smiley

wink

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by SegunFlames(m): 6:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Happy Birthday Fembleez1 !!!

All the best wishes for you! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2015
SegunFlames:
Happy Birthday Fembleez1 !!!

All the best wishes for you! cheesy

Thanks boss. God bless!. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2015
Hi guyz, I thank God for a wonderful result and praying he helps me in my upcoming exams too. Amen

LOVE, LUST and LOST. /or EVENTS or ROAD TO WORLD WAR III premiers on NL this Sunday or next week. Either of the 2 might premier!. smiley base on my interest which one to drop.

Thanks wink
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Oyinprince(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Just reading now.
Nice one, thumbs up

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2015
Oyinprince:
Just reading now.
Nice one, thumbs up

Thanks boss. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Harriz(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
I've been following this thread now, it's almost a month, but I don't have the chance to read it, anyways, I've read it now, and it is quite interesting I will say, its a great peice for a 'short story' thou, una too much boss

Harriz was here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
Harriz:
I've been following this thread now, it's almost a month, but I don't have the chance to read it, anyways, I've read it now, and it is quite interesting I will say, its a great peice for a 'short story' thou, una too much boss

Harjibolar10 Harriz was here

Thanks bro. Please follow and read other of my stories. Hope to know how you feel about them too!. smiley
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Missmossy(f): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
Enjoyed this story so well, beautiful piece Fembleez1 kudos!

3 Likes

Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by harjibolar10(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks bro. Please follow and read other of my stories. Hope to know how you feel about them too!. smiley
No problem nah
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
Missmossy:
Enjoyed this story so well, beautiful piece Fembleez1 kudos!

Thanks ma'am kiss
Re: A Dream To Kill My Father {a Short Story}. by Fembleez1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
harjibolar10:

No problem nah

Naa you be the guy wey I quote undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Write To Earn / Penastory : Punish Me Please (18+) / Sex, Lies, & Puff Puff (part I)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.