Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139460 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stuffyj(m): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chars1289:
opened stanbic savings acct last week.i was able to get my mastercard afta a week.
i asked the lady that attended to me abt any updates to be done in other to enroll my card for online banking transcations.she said i only neeed to register on their website for online transac whc i did immediately on my phone.Later gave me a form to fill and she said i can now transact online bt on getting home and launching the online platform to try it,the transactions have been failing including recharging my phone.
Mailed and called the customers service.no quality solution to it.
Any hint frm here on how i can resolve the online itch
I also got my card abt a week ago bt I didn't register for any online banking. I just asked d customer care agent if I can use it for online transaction and she said yes. That's all. I hv used it to buy goods online successfully.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sterling bank rate as at 1.30 pm today #236.41/$
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Chars1289: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Stuffyj:

I also got my card abt a week ago bt I didn't register for any online banking. I just asked d customer care agent if I can use it for online transaction and she said yes. That's all. I hv used it to buy goods online successfully.
okay cool bt hve u used it for internet banking probably to transfer funds?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stuffyj(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Chars1289:

okay cool bt hve u used it for internet banking probably to transfer funds?
Not yet
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Chars1289: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Stuffyj:

Not yet
okay dts my p
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tdjeans(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Diamond Bank as of 7:15pm. 215NGN per USD
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 1:38am On Jul 29, 2015
this is still ok, compared to Access and others
tdjeans:
Diamond Bank as of 7:15pm. 215NGN per USD
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Cocomocha: 5:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Please does anyone know Standard Chartered's USD rate? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:29am On Jul 29, 2015
I got in contact with someone at PayPal

"We have already submitted the application for the option to receive payments with your Nigerian banking regulators. This is to comply with local laws and financial regulations in Nigeria. Online safety and compliance is a top priority for us. We continue to work very closely with regulators in your country to ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations."

In a few months, we will be receiving funds on PayPal. wink

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by tonjeola(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Good development, but till is done
Stanley08:

"We have already submitted the application for the option to receive payments with your Nigerian banking regulators. This is to comply with local laws and financial regulations in Nigeria. Online safety and compliance is a top priority for us. We continue to work very closely with regulators in your country to ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations."

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2015
Stanley08:

I believe when the use of bvn takes full effect, it will be easier for paypal. Patiently waiting.

Meanwhile, my account has been limited cos i requested for a refund of 1600usd out of 2450usd i paid for some phones. But paypal refunded all the 2450. After few days they said i should return the 850 cos it wasn't supposed to be returned. They said the account will be limited till i return the 850.
Now to the challenges.
1. I cant send the money because my account has been limited.
2. I paid d 850 with my stanbic card at 200. Stanbic card no more working. 850 returned at 198.5. Sterling card is 219. Even if they remove the limit so i can return, i cant use sterling card cos that will be a huge loss for me.

Any suggestions?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2015
tumababa:

I believe when the use of bvn takes full effect, it will be easier for paypal. Patiently waiting.

Meanwhile, my account has been limited cos i requested for a refund of 1600usd out of 2450usd i paid for some phones. But paypal refunded all the 2450. After few days they said i should return the 850 cos it wasn't supposed to be returned. They said the account will be limited till i return the 850.
Now to the challenges.
2. I paid d 850 with my stanbic card at 200. Stanbic card no more working. 850 returned at 198.5. Sterling card is 219. Even if they remove the limit so i can return, i cant use sterling card cos that will be a huge loss for me.

Any suggestions?
Get a Neteller card and fund it at a cheap rate from Tonjeola, link to your paypal and return the $850, by the way Sterling was 236.41 as at yesterday
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2015
tumababa:

Any suggestions?

Hopefully it helps reduce the number of scammers too. I hate that this country is this way, people can't go work for honest pay.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by TheBae: 11:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello,
Has anyone on this thread had to "open" their card so that it can be used abroad?
Diamond, Union and Ecobank are telling me that they have to put a magnetic stripe before it can work in countries like Canada and China.
Has anyone done that before or is it unnecessary? All Mastercards
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2015
lordkay10:

Get a Neteller card and fund it at a cheap rate from Tonjeola, link to your paypal and return the $850, by the way Sterling was 236.41 as at yesterday

Please which one is neteller and how does it work?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
tumababa:

Please which one is neteller and how does it work?
It's a prepaid card Mastercard denominated in USD(u can actually choose any currency u like) just like Payoneer and others, just that it can be directly funded with our Naira cards. To sign up is very easy, just go www.neteller.com to sign up
You will need a government-issued ID card to get verified(this is only necessary if u want to collect the physical card). You're also provided the option of a virtual card as well which can be used just like your physical card, for this you dont need to be verified. Hope you got it well-explaned
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Eghosa1(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
tumababa:

Now to the challenges.

Any suggestions?

How about writing to paypal to relay the issue you're facing Sir? so they can understand your business loss if your card continues to be limited.

Also, have you tried connecting with as much stanbic users as possible?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eghosa1:

How about writing to paypal to relay the issue you're facing Sir? so they can understand your business loss if your card continues to be limited.

Also, have you tried connecting with as much stanbic users as possible?

i have been sending mail with no reply. waiting for my wife's card to be fully active before i call. so i will be ready to make a transfer before they offer a solution
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Tobiizzy(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please what banks can I send money using western union. First Bank does but every time I get there they say they have reached their daily limit
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by pricelessmr: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
lordkay10:

It's a prepaid card Mastercard denominated in USD(u can actually choose any currency u like) just like Payoneer and others, just that it can be directly funded with our Naira cards. To sign up is very easy, just go www.neteller.com to sign up
You will need a government-issued ID card to get verified(this is only necessary if u want to collect the physical card). You're also provided the option of a virtual card as well which can be used just like your physical card, for this you dont need to be verified. Hope you got it well-explaned

I am waiting for Stanbic bank to open savings account for me. Residential address verification was done yesterday. I hope they send me the account number tomorrow so that I can apply for card. I have to make my order next week.

On a different note, I have domiciliary account with GTB and would like to transfer converted N500k at normal rate which is about $2, 500.
Can Stanbic bank transfer dollar equivalent to my GTB domiciliary account? Workable idea needed please.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
pricelessmr:

I am waiting for Stanbic bank to open savings account for me. Residential address verification was done yesterday. I hope they send me the account number tomorrow so that I can apply for card. I have to make my order next week.

On a different note, I have domiciliary account with GTB and would like to transfer converted N500k at normal rate which is about $2, 500.
Can Stanbic bank transfer dollar equivalent to my GTB domiciliary account? Workable idea needed please.
Since the Stanbic is Naira denominated, it can't work, I suggest u transfer to neteller and withdraw to GTB domiciliary account in USD
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by pricelessmr: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
lordkay10:

Since the Stanbic is Naira denominated, it can't work, I suggest u transfer to neteller and withdraw to GTB domiciliary account in USD

Thanks for the response.

Do you know the exchange rate of neteller?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordmayor4(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2015
Please does stanbic send out cash via western union and if they do, whats their rate? Access bank na thiefs... or Anyone know the cheapest bank I can use for Western Union transfer?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by alakara(m): 6:25am On Jul 30, 2015
Since Stanley08 removed the updates I take it upon myself to up date each bank exchange rates as posted daily.
thanks.
sterling bank 236.41 (July 28).lordkay10
stanbicibtc 199.5 (July 29)
diamond 215 (July 28) tdjeans
Gtb 225 (30 July) carshopper
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 6:31am On Jul 30, 2015
pricelessmr:

Thanks for the response.

Do you know the exchange rate of neteller?
It's a dollar to dollar transaction so there's no exchange rate involved, there might be withdrawal charges I'm not aware of though
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Youngzedd(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Tobiizzy:
Please what banks can I send money using western union. First Bank does but every time I get there they say they have reached their daily limit

Check another branch. If you want to send western union, you have to go early by 8AM.

Also check Access Bank.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Youngzedd(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2015
lordmayor4:
Please does stanbic send out cash via western union and if they do, whats their rate? Access bank na thiefs... or Anyone know the cheapest bank I can use for Western Union transfer?

Why calling them thief as if you were forced to send money.

WU is been monitored by CBN, charges is fixed.

Check first bank.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordmayor4(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2015
Youngzedd:

Why calling them thief as if you were forced to send money.

WU is been monitored by CBN, charges is fixed.

Check first bank.

My dear I know why I called them that, it's my bank till tomorrow but I think this branch is just not it.
They can never tell you the rate, if you ask them, all they will reply you is tell us how much you want to send. And if they access your account, the charges and everything the last time was almost 250-1$ and as I tried to complain the staff told me he has no control over it, that it is from WU, I laughed and I asked whether I asked him the charges before, he said he wouldn't know until he logs in to WU and starts the transfer.... lol
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Youngzedd(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2015
lordmayor4:

My dear I know why I called them that, it's my bank till tomorrow but I think this branch is just not it.
They can never tell you the rate, if you ask them, all they will reply you is tell us how much you want to send. And if they access your account, the charges and everything the last time was almost 250-1$ and as I tried to complain the staff told me he has no control over it, that it is from WU, I laughed and I asked whether I asked him the charges before, he said he wouldn't know until he logs in to WU and starts the transfer.... lol

I request for charges and exchange rate before transfer and they do give me the details.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2015
Please what is stanbic rate as at today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.