Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Kia Sportage (suv) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Sportage (suv) (4366 Views)

Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria / 2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Sportage (suv) by AUSTAAI(m): 12:06am On Mar 01, 2015
Hello Guys, I've being searching for an SUV to buy given our Nigerian roads and its going to be my first car, I stumbled over the Kia Sportage during my research. I know about Toyota products but just needed something different from the rest.

I need your help with some information regarding Kia Sportage in term of availability and cost of spare parts and competent mechanics. I live in PH.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by bravolad(m): 7:06am On Mar 01, 2015
The desire to be different from every other person comes with a cost, just be ready for that price when it's time. A neighbour of mine used his Kia spot age for about three years and later last year, the suv caved in. Depending on how often you want to travel with the vehicle, it's always important to be properly guided. One more thing; are you talking about a brand new one or used?

As I said, my neighbour is currently searching for a Toyota to buy after experiencing first hand the cost, difficulty in getting spare parts & limited number of knowledgeable mechanics associated with such ownership, he's in a better position to make an informed decision. If it would be used as a lone vehicle, be prepared for it. Please, mind you, I have not said it's a bad vehicle to keep but you need to factor in cost of longtime ownership.

I doubt there's any car you would buy that people have not bought before, so when you say you want to be different from the rest, it sounds rather confusing. Being different by using a Kia? Perhaps, a story for another day. There's no day I don't see more than 30 to 40 Kia Sportage on the road.

Your research should focus on spare parts availability and mechanic rather than being unique on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by nurey(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2015
One day I was to visit a site in a remote area, we had 4 cars, a 2012 kia sportage, toyota highlander, Nissan frontier and Nissan variant of the coaster bus. We reached a spot where the ground was muddy and slippery, the frontier passed without stress, the highlander next a little tough but it went through and I was contemplating the sportage better not try that lo and behold, this miniature CUV navigated the road unbelievably without stress.

I can boldly say the sportage is good but the problem with the korean brands are cost of acquiring spare parts and knowledgeable technician

1 Like

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by AUSTAAI(m): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2015
bravolad:
The desire to be different from every other person comes with a cost, just be ready for that price when it's time. A neighbour of mine used his Kia spot age for about three years and later last year, the suv caved in. Depending on how often you want to travel with the vehicle, it's always important to be properly guided. One more thing; are you talking about a brand new one or used?
As I said, my neighbour is currently searching for a Toyota to buy after experiencing first hand the cost, difficulty in getting spare parts & limited number of knowledgeable mechanics associated with such ownership, he's in a better position to make an informed decision. If it would be used as a lone vehicle, be prepared for it. Please, mind you, I have not said it's a bad vehicle to keep but you need to factor in cost of longtime ownership.
I doubt there's any car you would buy that people have not bought before, so when you say you want to be different from the rest, it sounds rather confusing. Being different by using a Kia? Perhaps, a story for another day. There's no day I don't see more than 30 to 40 Kia Sportage on the road.
Your research should focus on spare parts availability and mechanic rather than being unique on the road.
bravolad:

Thanks for your post.

My wanting a different brand is compared to the number Toyota products on the road. The Sportage I'm looking at is used, 2005 model and 86,000 milage. Your First, second and last paragraph did the job for me.

Need more views please.

1 Like

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by Mlud: 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
The 2005 Kia Sportage is no Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4 but it is robust, well put together and a good SUV.

They are reliable and quite tough.
We had a 2002 model for about 5 years in Lagos. We bought it in America and never had any problems with it.

Check the car properly as they do not all have a 4x4 drivetrain. Some are only 2 wheel / front wheel drive. I don't know what the Kia dealer in Isolo is like now but 3 years ago he was more interested in selling me a new car than finding me parts for my Sportage. They may be more sensible now. He said since he did not supply the car to me he could not provide parts.....silly.

Anyway the parts are not that difficult to find. You will spend a lot less to buy the car than the equivalent Toyota or Honda SUV. You will still have a strong SUV.

Good luck with your search.

3 Likes

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by jimcykhan: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Kia now have many service centres across the nation, you can visit any centre for diagnose and repairs. no brand is without problem it all depends on the way you handle and use the car and your maintenance culture

2 Likes

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by GBOYEBABA: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
My bro, don't even near it. Am using d 2014 model,d fuel consumption is very high. I use minimum of 8,000 fuel weekly more so Dana monopolies their Spare parts.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Sportage (suv) by nurey(m): 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
GBOYEBABA:
My bro, don't even near it. Am using d 2014 model,d fuel consumption is very high. I use minimum of 8,000 fuel weekly more so Dana monopolies their Spare parts.

My man fuel economy is not measured by price, u measure by distance travelled.

You first have to figure out what engine variant your car is fitted with I4 or V6 whether you have FWD or an AWD (4x4 or 4WD) then your maintenance culture and other necessities (chk engine light, tyre size and pressure) you can't compare your neighbor that uses a V6 camry that has mpg in the range of 24/30 to ur kia with V6 that may have mpg range of 20/24.

I use a V6 3.0L and have 79L tank size I use the same route everyday and on full tank to half I must have covered 240 to 260km then I do theoretical calculation when you the maths I divided my mile with 39 I get 6.xx then multiply by 2.82 to convert to miles and I get 18.xx to 19 which is close to my combined

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV In Anambra -PHOTOS / Kindly Advise: Toyota Rav 4 Or Toyota Matrix? / 2004 Honda CR-V Vs 2005 Toyota Rav 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.