Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

The Battle For Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Battle For Worship (688 Views)

Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / The Bible Is Fit For Worship? / Should The Fear Of Hell Be Our Prerequisites For Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Battle For Worship by Infomaz(m): 6:08am On Mar 01, 2015
As the battle between Light and Darkness, Good and Evil, God and Satan approaches its climax, the issue of worship will once again assume center stage as it was at the beginning.

Recall that Satan not content with his exalted position as the first among the covering cherub corrupted his wisdom by reason of his beauty. His heart was lifted up with pride and thus desired the worship due only to God as creator. “I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north…I will be like the most high” Isaiah 14:13-14. Through the ages, Satan has continued his warfare against God by perverting the worship due him as Creator. Thus today, the sun, moon and stars, reptiles, power, wealth, sex, and even man himself is worship in place of God.

Unfortunately, a large part of Christendom is caught up in this rebellion against Jehovah when it comes to the issue of worship. Masquerading as “an angel of light” and his demons as “ministers of righteousness” (2Corinthians11:14-15) many have been led to follow the traditions of men rather than the word of God. Earthly powers and ecclesiastical authorities, under the inspiration of Satan have attempted “to change times and laws” Daniel 7:25

Over and over again, the Bible tells us that the reason God is worthy of our worship is because He is our creator. As the psalmist tells us, “O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our maker.” – Ps 95:6. Jeremiah tells us “Jehovah is the true God, he is the living God…God made the earth by his power, and he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding” Paul introduced this “unknown God” whom the Athenians ignorantly worshipped as the Creator of the world, (Acts 17:23-24) and Revelation 4:11, the basis for the popular song, “Thou art worthy” says “Thou art worthy, o Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure and they are and were created.” The point is, God is primarily worthy of our worship because he is our Creator. All other gods are not God because they did not create. - “The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens.” Jer. 10:11.

To commemorate (mark, remember) the fact that he is our CREATOR, and thus worthy of our worship, Jehovah instituted the Sabbath at the beginning, in the Garden of Eden, before the entrance of sin. “By the Seventh day, God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day, he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy…” Divine providence foresaw the possibility of man forgetting and wandering after other gods, and rationalizing his actions by diverse theories of origin. Therefore, God commanded in the clearest possible language to “Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy” Why? “For in six days Jehovah made heavens and the earth…therefore he blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.” Exodus 20: 8 & 11. In other words, God says do not forget to keep the Sabbath day, so that you will always know that I am God, your creator. To argue that the Sabbath day have been abolished therefore is to insinuate that God is no longer the creator!

God therefore holds up the Sabbath not only as proof of his creator-ship and therefore our worship, but of our loyalty to him, in the ongoing battle with Satan – who craves above all other things, to be worshipped just like God. “Moreover, also I gave them my Sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them…And hallow my Sabbaths, and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God” Ezekiel 20:12 & 20

Revelation highlights the importance of the worship in the end time. “If any man worships the beast and his image and receives the mark on his forehead or on the hand” said the angel with a loud voice, he too, will drink of the wine of God’s fury” Rev 14:10.
We are invited to “Fear God and give him glory…worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water” - Rev 14: 7. Out of love and as a sign of our loyalty, we are enjoined to keep the Sabbath day, because God is our Creator.

The issue of the Sabbath is a matter of love. "If you love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15. We do not keep the Sabbath to earn God's grace or salvation, but because we already have it. Obedience to his commandments is the fruit of our relationship with him, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I invite you friends, to prayerfully make your choice. Will you honour worship God on the Seventh Day (Saturday) as he commanded or will you be in danger of worshipping in vain, because you follow for doctrines the commandment of men? Wouldn’t you rather follow the example of Jesus, Paul and the early Christians who have a habit of worshipping God on the Sabbath? (Luke 4:16, Acts 13:42, 13:44, 17:2, 18:4)
May God grant you the courage and grace to make the right decision. I implore and invite you to join millions of those who are worshipping on the Sabbath day, and will continue to do so throughout the endless year of eternity, in the earth made new. (Isaiah 66:22-23)
Re: The Battle For Worship by zyzxx(m): 6:23am On Mar 01, 2015
Amen

(1) (Reply)

. / Christ Was Killed On A Wednesday - Gks / Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.