Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor (715 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Jonathan Under Pressure To Sack IGP / Atiku Under Pressure To Dump APC As Jonathan Woos Him - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by midolian(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2015
As the struggle to get his daily bread continues, Auwal Ibrahim, a water vendor, who hails from Funtua in Katsina State, and lives in Nyanya, Abuja says he would not sell his voters’ card despite the hardship that he faces in Abuja. The vendor is one amongst many Nigerians who have vowed not to sell their voters’ card for any reason, even though politicians have been trying to entice them with bags of rice and cash.

According to Auwal, “one fateful day, as I went out to do my business with some of my friends at the point where we fetch water, we were discussing as usual and I was asked if I would sell my PVC for N10,000. I was shocked by the statement. Since then, I have being under pressure to sell my voters’ card. I was told by my friends that a certain unnamed lady asked them to look out for people with PVCs so that she could buy them.”

It is no longer news that some people are taking advantage of the extension given by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the collection of PVCs to perpetuate dubious agenda. In a chat with LEADERSHIP Sunday, the water vendor said that he is confident he will vote in the election even though he is under pressure to sell his voters’ card.

Auwal, who continuously expressed his optimism about voting with his PVC, added that he took the pains to travel from Abuja to Funtua, his home town, to register during the INEC registration process. He stated that the orientation he had on the forthcoming election from INEC gives him confidence to participate in the elections.

The water vendor said he had been eager to get a voters’ card so that he could participate in the elections, saying that was why he made out time to travel to Funtua to collect his PVC. He reiterated that he has decided to vote for candidates of his choice no matter any amount of money anybody will give to him.

Reacting to the shift of the general elections, he said he was not happy about it because he had arrived Katsina, his state of origin, for the voting before the news came to him that the elections had been postponed. According to him, the little money he gathered from the water business was spent on travelling to the village for the election.

According to Musa Abu, brother to Auwal, “some crooks that want to make money from politicians and continue to increase the suffering of Nigerians have deviced means of buying voters cards from the public. One however, wonders how they want to make use of the PVCs being purchased. Investigations revealed that hawkers around town who have their voters cards are being enticed with little amounts of money to sell the card.

Also, there was a speculation that some political campaigners go from house to house convincing the less privileged in the society with food items and cash to get their votes. According to Francis Momoh, one of the hawker, who has had a first hand experience, some people came to him saying they needed those that have the PVCs and that they are ready to pay any amount of money. He said he will not be a victim of crooks.

Meanwhile, one of the reasons for the shift in the election dates by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was for all registered voters to use the opportunity to collect their PVCs from the commission. No doubt some residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) are still struggling to collect their PVCs just like voters in other parts of the country. Auwal travelled on two occasions to Funtua before he got his voters card.

In a city like the FCT, where the cost of living is on the high side, for someone like Auwal and others, shelter is a big challenge, what they feed on comes from their businesses every day. Ordinarily, it will be difficult to believe that the water vendor had to travel from Abuja to register and collect his PVC against the 2015 elections, but the power to make any change depends on votes.

and prospective voters are not leaving any stone unturned.

http://leadership.ng/news/414592/i-am-under-pressure-to-sell-my-pvc-water-vendor
Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by killuminati(m): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Jonathan is Baboon

We Never Go Backwards<<<<< #NeverAgain! We Are Moving Forward For A>>>>> >>>>#Change! #TeamGMB/PYO!

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by buygala(m): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Nice inspirational lecture cry

'Water-seller guards his PVC with his life' embarassed

INEC should make a video on this to further enlighten the public on their civic rights and responsibilities regarding this election

E no concern me sha... Both parties have shown themselves to be rigging champions sad

SO LET THE BEST RIGGER WIN!! undecided ....
Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by buygala(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2015
killuminati:
Jonathan is Baboon

cry

We Never Go Backwards<<<<< #NeverAgain! We Are Moving Forward For A>>>>> >>>>#Change! #TeamGMB/PYO!

Another rabid e-dog on the loose undecided

And to think that this is the sperrm that won cry
Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by midolian(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2015
No wonder they are against the use of card readers

No wonder they want JEGA removed by all means..

But as FFK(the singing parrot) rightly said, "GEJ and PDP rigging machine will fail in the year 2015"..this is coming to pass.

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by killuminati(m): 7:58am On Mar 01, 2015
buygala:

Another rabid e-dog on the loose undecided

And to think that this is the sperrm that won cry
Are you drunk?

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by buygala(m): 8:07am On Mar 01, 2015
killuminati:
Are you drunk?

Yes

But unlike you, I am not mad sad

Better check yourself into a madhouse before you infect your kindred with this grave evil which has come upon you
Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by temitemi1(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2015
Water vendor undecided undecided undecided. Well, thank GOD u refused the "pressure" to sell ur PVC for "10,000"... GEJ till 2019 jareee!!!
Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by killuminati(m): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2015
buygala:

Yes

But unlike you, I am not mad sad

Better check yourself into a madhouse before you infect your kindred with this grave evil which has come upon you
Guy, go sell your gala abeg, no time.

1 Like

Re: I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor by egift(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2015
PDP buying PVCs will be useless, unless Nigerians allow PDP to remove Jega, install a proxy and suspend use of Card Reader.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin President Suspended / The Truth About The London Fiasco. / Buhari “ll Not Spare Corrupt APC Members – Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.