Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? (2114 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
I was reading this news wire:

Boko Haram: Thousands march in Cameroon to protest against the Islamist terror movement
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/boko-haram-thousands-march-in-cameroon-to-protest-against-the-islamist-terror-movement-10077630.html

Why is there no such mass protest march against Boko Haram in the muslim North of Nigeria?

That is exactly the region where those type of march would have more symbolic value and social impact. It would be a big 'NO' to any kind of muslim extremism by the muslim populations (and others) in northern Nigerians, the region most affected by the atrocities and susceptible to be recruited by the Boko Haram islamists.

If they have been protests against Boko Haram in the north, I'm sorry, please post some links. BTW I know most people in the North are against Boko Haram (they are crazy murderers), here I'm talking about a public display of rejection of Boko Haram and its values (or lack thereof). A show of solidarity. Sending a strong message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Because, An Attack To Boko Haram Is An Attack To The North" as 1 cattle rearer made us to understand. So, from my own perspective; they are mourning for their brothers killed & the ones that will still be killed. But, d funny tin is dat they don't know d killing has just begun

4 Likes

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
It is obvious
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Rubbish! Was there no protest in Minna recently?
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by raphsingle(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Because, An Attack To Boko Haram Is An Attack To The North" as 1 cattle rearer made us to understand. So, from my own perspective; they are mourning for their brothers killed & the ones that will still be killed. But, d funny tin is dat they don't know d killing has just begun.

Bebe dun talk d main reason.

GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
I would especially like the opinions of people from the north.

While they have some sympathizer in the north, often jobless lost souls and criminals looking for a way to make money and a living, I think that most people don't support those crazy Boko Haram murderers. Most of the people they kill are muslims and in the north(east).

I don't think it's ok, to depicts all people in the north as Boko Haram sympathizers while in reality it's more logical that most of them would oppose them, being themselves victims from them.

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
We had protests from people like Buhari!

"Stop killing Boko Haram members"

Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
noblezone:
We had protests from people like Buhari!

"Stop killing Boko Haram members"

Buhari
Whoa! I can't believe he said that.

Thanks for the post, I guess I didn't follow the elections close enough. This is enough for me to put Buhari in the garbage bin even before knowing anything about his program or is past dictatorial history. It's simply unacceptable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by Oklander: 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:

Thanks for the post, I guess I didn't follow the elections close enough. This is enough for me to put Buhari in the garbage bin even before knowing anything about his program or is past dictatorial history. It's simply unacceptable.
Ok, We have heard you… NEXT!
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by ziryboy(m): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
You must be a fool for posting this. In a region Boko haram attack every time, you expect people to go for mass protest? do you want them to be attack? Idiot like you, you can't even think well
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by Arch1: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
The last time i checked, there was a march at Abuja yesterday. The last time i checked, Abuja is still in Northern Nigeria
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by dein77(m): 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:

In other words, GEJ till 2019!

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by eaglechild: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
ziryboy:
You must be a fool for posting this. In a region Boko haram attack every time, you expect people to go for mass protest? do you want them to be attack? Idiot like you, you can't even think well
Why not.

If everyone stands firm against Boko Haram then they cannot thrive.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by yuio22: 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
eaglechild:

Why not.

If everyone stands firm against Boko Haram then they cannot thrive.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Arch1:
The last time i checked, there was a march at Abuja yesterday. The last time i checked, Abuja is still in Northern Nigeria
That's exactly the type of events we should also see in other locations in the real North (border states for example). The people truly have the power especially in situation like this where Boko Haram needs supports and recruits to survive. It's also a good opportunity to reject clearly extremism and intolerance and make it a social value accepted by society at large. Abuja set a good example.
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
ziryboy:
There was already a march in Abuja. Other locations which are not under Boko Haram's control can do the same.

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Arch1:
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by dokyOloye: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
yuio22:
cool
plateau 40%?U don smoke ba?
Even d figure for Borno is wrong too.
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by yuio22: 12:16am On Mar 02, 2015
grin
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by yuio22: 12:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Plateau and nassarawa state may have less than 25% Muslim.

The 9 north east state. 5 of the state have majority Christian.

In the north west 8 state. They are Muslim.

In the 9 state of south east.. They are mostly christain

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by BodyKiss(m): 2:13am On Mar 02, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:

You sound very stvp!d. Just a post from an unknown, and you're typing all this nonsense. While at it, don't also vote Jonathan cos the following are his words "boko haram are our siblings, why will I kill my sibling".

Gullible fellow.
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 3:18am On Mar 02, 2015
BodyKiss:

You sound very stvp!d. Just a post from an unknown, and you're typing all this nonsense.
Gullible fellow.

I did a google search and he seems to have made those comments. Are you saying the contrary? I'm not following you.
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by brightology3: 3:21am On Mar 02, 2015
Aboooki na shoe dem sabi shine.afterall dey re all terrorist
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by OreMI22: 3:48am On Mar 02, 2015
AmunRaOlodumare:
I was reading this news wire:

Boko Haram: Thousands march in Cameroon to protest against the Islamist terror movement
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/boko-haram-thousands-march-in-cameroon-to-protest-against-the-islamist-terror-movement-10077630.html

Why is there no such mass protest march against Boko Haram in the muslim North of Nigeria?

That is exactly the region where those type of march would have more symbolic value and social impact. It would be a big 'NO' to any kind of muslim extremism by the muslim populations (and others) in northern Nigerians, the region most affected by the atrocities and susceptible to be recruited by the Boko Haram islamists.

If they have been protests against Boko Haram in the north, I'm sorry, please post some links. BTW I know most people in the North are against Boko Haram (they are crazy murderers), here I'm talking about a public display of rejection of Boko Haram and its values (or lack thereof). A show of solidarity. Sending a strong message.

[size=18pt]Because some Janjaweeeds secretly wish their Boko boys will kill off our army and over run the country so that their wish to Islamize Nigeria will be realized and they can blame GEJ (a christian) for it.
God disappointed them, so now they have to figure out other ways of wrecking Nigeria.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by LoveDecay(m): 4:02am On Mar 02, 2015
OreMI22:

[size=18pt]Because some Janjaweeeds secretly wish their Boko boys will kill off our army and over run the country so that their wish to Islamize Nigeria will be realized and they can blame GEJ (a christian) for it.
God disappointed them, so now they have to figure out other ways of wrecking Nigeria.[/size]

Why do you bring God into this.... GEJ did not sit up till Buhari challenged him. So which level. Stop bring Jesus or Allah into this.

Would GEJ have treated the north better if they had oil or the areas affects contributed a significant amount of money to the FG.

Lets be real with ourselves, GEJ's ideology is tongue

1 Like

Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:20am On Mar 02, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Because, An Attack To Boko Haram Is An Attack To The North" as 1 cattle rearer made us to understand. So, from my own perspective; they are mourning for their brothers killed & the ones that will still be killed. But, d funny tin is dat they don't know d killing has just begun
that is what you wanted to believe. You think Nigerians are still dumb?
All of a sudden, the Nigerian army that was supposed to have destroyed boko haram started winning. Why were dey just idle before?
Don't tell me they have no weapon after billions of dollars they said they used in procurement.

Dude, boko haram is a bad script, #the people knows
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by enm(m): 6:56am On Mar 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Rubbish! Was there no protest in Minna recently?

Please do you mean the report was referring to Niger state a state in nigerian or Niger a country north of Nigeria.

One thing I know about niger state most especially minna is that is a moderate state but from my experience caution is required.
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by macof(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2015
Arch1:

Probably by southerners in Abuja
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by macof(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
that is what you wanted to believe. You think Nigerians are still dumb?
All of a sudden, the Nigerian army that was supposed to have destroyed boko haram started winning. Why were dey just idle before?
Don't tell me they have no weapon after billions of dollars they said they used in procurement.

Dude, boko haram is a bad script, #the people knows

you do realize it takes only one moment to turn the tides of war
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 10:01am On Mar 03, 2015
Here's a nice video about the Abuja march:

Group Holds Solidarity March For Troops Fighting Boko Haram
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/28/group-holds-solidarity-march-for-troops-fighting-boko-haram/
Re: Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
I just want to say I hope people don't take this thread as me taking a dig at people in the north (the region most affected by Boko Haram), but really as a good idea to display some social solidarity against Boko Haram, extremism and intolerance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Buhari Makes N1 Equal To $1,i'll Ride My Bike From Abuja To China-charly Boy / Alh. Junaid Mohammed To Be Confirmed Minister Of Health / You Will Not Have My Hatred: I Cried After Reading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.