Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters (22783 Views)

"MMM Wahala" A Nollywood Movie Is Already Out (Video) / Graphic Photos From A Nollywood Movie Set / 'King Davido': Hilarious Nollywood Movie Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Movie posters are an integral part of a film’s promotional campaign even though; it might not necessarily translate to sales or quality of production. I know we have fallen victim to not judging a book by its cover and gone ahead to purchase a movie with the hopes that by God it would be interesting, but in the course of running this blog, I have come across movie posters or should I say film jackets and thought out loud, do film producers really take themselves seriously? As in, ‘they are supposed to be a creative engine what’s with all this half-baked non-creative jackets that annoy one rather than encourage us to grab a copy’.

Knowing that we produce our movies a dime a dozen, I couldn’t go through all the movie posters, so i present to you the best and the worst posters of 2014.

30 Days In Atlanta

While the movie may have hit the box office for 2014, this poster was just something else. Where do I start from? The New York background when it was meant for Atlanta? The look on AY’s face like he was about to take a shit? Or Ramsey Nouah’s hairy chest?!?

Also that urge to showcase everyone in the movie on the cover is truly getting old, but hey, they managed to make it neat and as such this poster was sort of in-between for me.

Finding Mercy

One of the many posters or like I mentioned, jacket covers (I think this was a poster sha!), talk about photo-shop looking funny. Another poster that has all the acts on the cover, but asides having all of them on the cover, it was done badly. So it feels the cover creator said "Rita bring your picture," then Blossom, Uti, Chioma and then he cropped them and just super-imposed them on each other.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, he adds the picture of a home in the bush to probably spice it up. Bah! This was one of the worst posters for me, but the movie was okay and earned Desmond Elliot a ‘Best Supporting Actor’ win, so I guess we shouldn’t judge a poster by its design right?

Forgetting June 

Another super-imposition gone wrong. Would it have killed this artist to show one of the acts at a distance looking lost and forgotten? But hey, it’s got to be easy if we just call for pictures and piece them together on the poster.

While I have come across a number like this, did they really have to use Mbong Amata’s face to block Majid’s? Another horrible poster if you ask me.

Secret Room 

I was kind of drawn to this movie. Not sure if it was the poster or the jacket, but now that I look at it, I wonder why... It was a good movie don’t get me wrong, but this poster was all sorts of wrong.

What’s with the oily-water look on OC? And while you can see the fear in Lilian’s face, was having Jide Kosoko in the poster a real necessity? This poster wasn’t horrible, but wasn’t great as well. ''It can be better'' is where I will place it.

Dark Side 

This is a different kind of poster; an eye with 4 characters in it. It gives the thought that the movie would be about an eye but what exactly, remains unknown until you watch the movie.

I am still not sure what to make of it, but 'different' can be a good thing sometimes and as such, this was a best poster for me

When Love Happens 

This 2014 RomCom of the year, was pretty unexpected and a true breath of fresh air, although the poster, not so much.  While it was different from the normal (or was it?), there was nothing really lovey dovey or comedic about this poster, but it does get a nod on my impressive list.

Knocking on Heaven's Door

Nothing speaks volumes like a poster that has the leads in full blow frontal and then other characters smaller. Now while I believe this wasn’t too shabby, as one can’t really tell what the plot of the movie was about, I just don’t get why the house and the bridge was placed in the poster anyway. Is that the way to Heaven?? 

Half of a Yellow Sun

With several posters to boast of, what I felt for this poster was way better than what I felt for the actual movie. It was an impressive poster, the characters had a glimmer of hope in their eyes, like it wasn’t the end of the world, and maybe the movie kind of portrayed that as well.

One Night in Vegas

While it was a horrible production, it wasn’t a bad poster. It has 4 characters above and Las Vegas below.

At least this time, it is the correct city in the picture

A Place in The Stars

Since I haven’t seen this movie, heck, I can still say something about the poster! It is impressive, it oozes this confident, 'don’t mess with me' kind of look and I totally like it. Nothing out of the ordinary though, but it is smooth.

October 1

While this psychological thriller earned a whopping 9/10 from Xplore, the poster was erm…. nothing fantastic. Having your characters super-imposed on one corner and then a church and a bell on the other side tells us all we need to know actually (even though it’s after you watch the movie it will add up).

But can you imagine a black poster with just the national flag on a pole illuminated?

Dazzling Mirage 

All kind of wonderful is what I can say about this poster. I would have loved to remove all the characters on the side though, but it had the creative balance that was appealing, the use of light and colour gave it a balance,

While I don’t get the image far off, but it was definitely an impressive poster for me.

I stumbled on these movie posters on instagram, all produced and starring Uche Jumbo. A Long Night, Oge’s Sister and Almost Perfect.

Uche Jombo's facial expressions all look similar right??

http://www.moviemarkers.net/reviews/some-of-the-best-worst-nollywood-posters/

2 Likes

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by CrazyScientist: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
grin
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Vision4God: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
undecided lipsrsealed cool grin

Just wondering which xpression 2 use!
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by sholay2011(m): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2015
Alaba Nigerian movies no dey try with their ridiculous titles and silly posters.

Of the ones posted here sef, only the last two make some sense.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Funny how Uche Jombo has the same look on her face in the different posters though. Abi dem photoshop her? grin grin
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Ishilove: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Uche Jombo looks like her face was photoshopped into the poster. The expression is so strained and artificialundecided
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Kelklein(m): 6:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
that ' A Place In The Stars' make brain well well... A must watch .

meanwhile in other news

#BabaWhileYouWereGone GEJ created additional 10000 jobs for the youths

4 Likes

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by mytime24(f): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Downloadin comment........
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by BUSHHUNTER: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by bigv(m): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nollywood growing in leaps and bounds.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by sagewonders(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
But the title make sense
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by jayesmalling(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
Lol
Hienzy:
Nollywood hmmmm! Jonsing since the time of em em Nollywood hmmmm! Jonsing since the time of em em mtcheeew
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by sarmiie(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
the hype of this "october 1" sef

i must go find it
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by gbolaskblog(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
Fuuny tho grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by amdo007(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nollywood be churning out rubbish since 1800
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by steppin: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dem dey try now sef! Then, It used to be 200 people in a poster!
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
nice movie titles
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by AmakaDNB(f): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Finding mercy - Forgeting June. Ok na.
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by LewisO: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
[size=15pt] Typing... [/size]
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by bastien: 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by Daniel058(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
that's 9ja for you
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by ade101(m): 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nice post.

Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by baysmith(m): 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
30 days in Atlanta... d funniest, u nid tew watch it...
Re: Some Of The Best & Worst Nollywood Movie Posters by ksam(m): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
To me, the best is Half of a yellow sun...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Brother Will Feature Nigerian And South Africa In 2023 House / Bbnaija: Why Rico Should Be Celebrated – Jon Ogah / Yomi Fabiyi Releases ‘Oko Iyabo’: A Movie About Baba Ijesha Rape Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.