Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Glitches - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitches (43621 Views)

[story] Glitches…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
adegwurulez:
Greg let out a loud sigh. Just then, he heard footsteps approaching the room, he looked round the room and saw a metal container. He ran to it, opened the lid and jumped into it.
Two SVR agents walked into the room.

‘’Hurry, lets pick up the container before the timer elapses.’’ One of them said.

They rushed into the room, grabbed the container which Greg was hiding and quickly ran out with it. They loaded it on their car and sped away with it, Zhirkov had specifically instructed them to come back and get that container as he wasn’t travelling without it. The container was obviously valuable to him, for he valued it more than the lives of his agents.
bros, me I'm confuse ooo, I don't seems to understand watin dey happen for here oo

And I will be glad if you try and explain am for me ooo
Plsssssssssss
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 4:54pm On May 23, 2015
Every part ofthis action film nah last fight.
Still following
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 23, 2015
Ade,you're doing a good job here,a mind blowing piece but there is an observation. The bomb was stopped at exactly 1sec b4 Greg entered the container and it was after then that zhirkov sent men that means d bomb would have exploded b4 d men came in. Right?
Re: Glitches by Hector90(m): 10:46pm On May 23, 2015
Ur head dey there bro, infat u b bado
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:19am On May 24, 2015
Wininiel:
Ade,you're doing a good job here,a mind blowing piece but there is an observation. The bomb was stopped at exactly 1sec b4 Greg entered the container and it was after then that zhirkov sent men that means d bomb would have exploded b4 d men came in. Right?
harjibolar10:
bros, me I'm confuse ooo, I don't seems to understand watin dey happen for here oo

And I will be glad if you try and explain am for me ooo
Plsssssssssss
Okay here is what happened. The whole crew of agents left the aboundoned warehouse they've been staying and accompanied Zhirkov to the private hangar where his private jet was waiting for him. It was at the hangar that Zhirkov discovered a very important luggage wasn't with him. Obviously this luggage was very important that he had to send his men to speedily fetch it before the bomb goes off. These men(brave men obviously) thought they had beat the time when they hurridly picked up the luggage, loaded it on their truck and left. If there were a bit more observant, they'd have noticed the bomb had been defused(they probably would have given greg a thumbs up for saving their lives) but their legs were faster than their minds. Remember Greg was in the crate they picked up which means one thing; he's on that plane with zhirkov.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2015
write2obi:
cheesy cheesy see action oo, Ade you doing great
Thanks man
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:23am On May 24, 2015
Silensa:
Every part ofthis action film nah last fight.

Still following
lol... the real last fight dey come
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 12:25am On May 24, 2015
Hector90:
Ur head dey there bro, infat u b bado
cheesy
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 1:05am On May 24, 2015
I"m feeling it big time.
The puzzles are well fixed.
So will Jeremy & Micheal be friends again?
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 11:59am On May 24, 2015
jezuzboi:
I"m feeling it big time.

I hope not o. And I'll ensure ade never lets them be too. If not ehn..... angry
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 12:07pm On May 24, 2015
adegwurulez:
Started typing with a very low battery and i still beat it... hehe, feeling like a bad guy
Bad guy for where?

Well, I've missed plenty here o.
And why did Julian have to die? Awwww...It pain me o. But you have got hold on that sha.

And that Aaron guy is so not great anymore. Why is he so scared of Stella's reaction that he even went on to meet Falcon?

My dear writer, please ride on and don't be a lazy person ehn. I still gat ya back anytime smiley
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 24, 2015
adegwurulez:

Okay here is what happened. The whole crew of agents left the aboundoned warehouse they've been staying and accompanied Zhirkov to the private hangar where his private jet was waiting for him. It was at the hangar that Zhirkov discovered a very important luggage wasn't with him. Obviously this luggage was very important that he had to send his men to speedily fetch it before the bomb goes off. These men(brave men obviously) thought they had beat the time when they hurridly picked up the luggage, loaded it on their truck and left. If there were a bit more observant, they'd have noticed the bomb had been defused(they probably would have given greg a thumbs up for saving their lives) but their legs were faster than their minds. Remember Greg was in the crate they picked up which means one thing; he's on that plane with zhirkov.
I get u sir but if Greg hadn't denoted it, with the time calculation the bomb would have exploded b4 the men came in or am I getting it all wrong?
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2015
adegwurulez:

Thanks bros
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 6:33am On May 25, 2015
kizzykeziah:

My dear writer, please ride on and don't be a lazy person ehn. I still gat ya back anytime smiley
See who is advicing here ooo shocked shocked
Re: Glitches by kizzykeziah: 10:38am On May 25, 2015
harjibolar10:
See who is advicing here ooo shocked shocked
He shouldn't be like me na grin
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2015
kizzykeziah:

He shouldn't be like me na grin
I pray so oooo

wink wink wink
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2015
Wininiel:
I get u sir but if Greg hadn't denoted it, with the time calculation the bomb would have exploded b4 the men came in or am I getting it all wrong?
Correct! Let's just say the men would have returned to see the building already on fire, or exploding just at their arrival or possibly exploding with them inside the building.
Re: Glitches by write2obi(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2015
Ade come and tell me what happened to Greg cheesy
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 5:31pm On May 26, 2015
**opens thread**, **Looks for Ade,** **Not around,** **Runs away ASAP.** **they no fit get me** **ghost mode**
Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2015
Silensa:
**opens thread**, **Looks for Ade,** **Not around,** **Runs away ASAP.** **they no fit get me** **ghost mode**
Lol
Re: Glitches by kroosx: 8:10am On May 28, 2015
Wao... Just got here nd i must say dis is awsomely wanderful... I forsee sum1 dying here... Nice rite up boss.... Plz update sir
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:33pm On May 28, 2015
It is said that when two enemies have a common goal, they temporarily become friends. That was the case in the dungeon where Jeremy and Michael were been kept as they had to put away their hatred for each other and fight towards defusing a bomb that had the potential to end their long standing rivalry sooner than expected. But that was all over as soon as it had began, and they were now back to being Clark Kent and Alexander Luthor.

Jeremy hadn’t forgiven Michael for what he did – or made him do – to his parents and he showed that again by throwing the first punch, a punch that Michael saw coming and nicely parried it to his side before sidestepping Jeremy to the floor. He didn’t let the advantage get to his head as he decided to make good use of it. He rushed Jeremy who was still lying helplessly on the floor and kicked him hard on his stomach. Out of reflex, Jeremy clutched his stomach and tried so much to be a Yogi and channel the pains into the right places.
Michael wasn’t done with him yet as he raised the motionless body of Jeremy and threw him to the wall. Jeremy let out a cough as he hit the wall and fell to the ground.

‘’you think you stand a chance against me?’’ Michael gloated over Jeremy’s body. ‘’Not even in a thousand years.’’
He tugged Jeremy painfully on the jaw. ‘’Get up and fight. Don’t be a sissy. C’mon, avenge your parent’s death.’’

He meant that as a deflation of Jeremy’s ego, what he didn’t know was that he just fueled the poor chap’s intentions. Jeremy summoned all the strength in him as he stamped his right foot on the ground.

‘’Atta boy’’ Michael commended, ‘’you can do it.’’

Jeremy placed his palm on the ground and lifted up. Michael watched him every step of the way, like a predator waiting for the perfect moment to pounce on its prey. Immediately Jeremy stood up, he rushed him with a punch but Jeremy held his hand just before the punch could hit him. Enraged by this, Michael threw his second punch but Jeremy docked skillfully, this made him lose stability as he staggered to Jeremy’s waiting shoulder. Jeremy wasted no time in lifting him over his head and throwing him to the ground behind him. Michael landed with a great thud as he felt a sharp pain on his back.

‘’That was quite a show,’’ he groaned from the floor. ‘’you’ve been visiting the gym lately?’’

‘’Wrong.’’ Jeremy snapped. ‘’lately I’ve been locked up in this dungeon, praying for this day. And no, I don’t need working out to beat your assss.’’

He rushed to kick Michael but he quickly rolled on the floor, escaping Jeremy’s kick by inches. Before Jeremy could regain stability from his miss, Michael grabbed his leg and brought him down. He crawled up and grabbed Jeremy, trying to clamp his hands around Jeremy’s neck but the petit boy under him was trying to push his hands off.

At that moment, Segun rushed in to see the ensuing struggle. He quickly recognized Jeremy as the kid he had helped escape from the station. He ran to the door to open it but it was locked and an already defused bomb was strapped on it. Jeremy’s hands were becoming weaker as the stronger hands of Michael kept pressing his hands backwards towards his neck. He tried to push off the hands with all his strength but he couldn’t so he gave up and surrendered to Michael’s might.

Segun sensing what was going on in the room and seeing that Jeremy had been overcome and was been chocked to death, looked around, searching for anything that could provide help. He couldn’t find anything that could help and Jeremy was still struggling under Michael’s choking grasp. He looked up, and there it was, the electrical panel. He quickly rushed to the panel and turned the lever to the ‘off’ position. The whole warehouse was thrown into darkness.

Michael, quite aware of the effect of this new development on Jeremy, tightened his grasp on Jeremy’s neck, aiming to kill him before he turns. As he did that, Jeremy’s struggling reduced slowly until he laid still. He released his grasp on Jeremy and stood up slowly, staggering as a rose.

‘’You can put on the light, fucker!’’ he shouted and gave a loud and boisterous laugh, loud enough for him not to hear the crack sound behind him.

Jeremy’s transmogrification started with bone breaking. His scapula, his sternum, his cranium began to harden as ossification set in. His phalanges also transformed, gradually changing to claws. His teeth grew into fangs. Then mitosis began as his body mass began to increase exponentially. His larynx wasn’t left out in the anatomical modification as the bones became thicker and harder.

It was only when he gave his trademark loud roar that Michael realized the little biological magic that went on behind him. Michael’s heart skipped a beat as he started moving backwards in the darkness of the enclave. He moved until he was stopped by the wall. Even in the darkness, Jeremy’s other senses were accentuated. He could hear the pumping of blood from a heart some metres away, he could smell sweat and fear, he could feel another being in the room with him. He traced this senses till he was face to face with Michael. He deeped one of his right hands deep into Michael’s abdomen and his other right hand was on Michaels left eye. One of his left hand was on Michaels right eye while the other was also deep into his thoracic region.

He started his amputation slowly by plucking out Michael’s right eye, then he did the same to the left eye, then he plucked out the heart and completed the operation by plucking out a lung. As he removed his last hand, Michael dropped to the ground, dead.
When the lights came on, Segun felt nauseous by the scene he saw.

‘’Freeze.’’ He suddenly heard and turned only to see policemen surrounding him. They had successfully tracked him.

Greg had been in the crate for long that he felt like sleeping. His bones where feeling stiff due to lack of action. His eyes had been closed through the entirety of the journey for fear of what might happen if he opens his eyes and gets it accustomed to the darkness in the crate. He quietly pushed the lid of the crate and it caved open. He gently pulled out of the crate. Only then did he open his eyes but the first image he saw was a gun pointed at his skull.

‘’Get up.’’ The person holding the gun commanded. He obeyed and got up, he was pushed out.

‘’boss,’’ the man called. ‘’look who we have here.’’

Falcon dropped his glass of wine. ‘’Thanks sweetheart.’’ He said to the beautiful blond lady who was keeping him company. He looked up and
beheld Greg. ‘’Well…well…well’’ he clapped his hands. ‘’If it isn’t my favorite test subject then who? The question is, do you have a boarding pass?’’

The pilot of the boeing x-32 was still trying to figure out what went wrong. He had imputed the right launch codes, acquired and locked the target, given the command for the missile launch but it failed.

‘’Missile launch unsuccessful.’’ He announced.

‘’What do you mean unsuccessful?’’ commander cage barked.

‘’Its jammed or something.’’

‘’We’ll run a diagnostic, stand by for further instructions.’’

‘’Copy that.’’

‘’What the hell is going on?’’ commander cage barked at his men in the tower.

‘’Looks like we are been hacked, commander.’’ An Asian middle aged man replied. ‘’By very good guys, if I may add.’’

‘’Then be better, I want that plane brought down.’’

In the 8th wonder tower, Kingsley discovered a little error in the algorithm of the virus he had written, he tried launching an attack but his request kept bouncing back. He contacted Aaron immediately.

‘’Aaron, you might want to stop Falcon, the virus attack failed.’’

‘’you promised me it was going to work, how the Bleep am I supposed to stop them?’’

‘’Actually I could think of a way to stop them but it’s going to involve shooting down the plane. Just wanted you to make the call.’’

‘’Jeez! Do you realize Greg might be on that plane?’’

‘’I do’’ Kingsley replied. ‘’that’s why I wanted you to make the call.’’

‘’Kingsley you’ve got to think of another option that doesn’t involve shooting down the plane.’’

‘’Í have. There is no other option considering the time factor.’’ Kingsley answered. ‘’Aaron the plane is about leaving our airspace and when it does, our only window closes.’’

Aaron gave it a thought for a little while before deciding. ‘’Do what you have to do.’’

Kingsley quickly launched his voice enhancement app, he had previously captured commander cage’s voice and he was about impersonating him. He quickly connected to the pilot of the fighter jet.

‘’This is Commander Cage to boeing x-32, change of target. New target’s coordinates has been sent to you.’’

‘’that’s the Russian diplomats.’’

‘’Aint nothing Diplomatic about them.’’ He shouted. ‘’Now I’m giving you a direct order.’’

The young pilot obviously sensing a trap, asked further. ‘’I’m gonna ask for your authorization code.’’
Kingsley eyed Newton who mouthed the words ‘’on it.’’

He tried hacking into NATO’s server but he kept getting kicked out.

‘’Really?’’ he looked shocked. ‘’You think you’re badass? Ama show you real badass.’’

He cracked his fingers and started clicking his keyboard very fast. What he did was to launch a mock attack on NATO’s server and when their security analysts were all concentrated in fighting the attack, he snooped through the back door and got what he was looking for.

‘’Right on the screen.’’ He said to Aaron.

‘’Alpha_Charlie_xyz_eagle_eye.’’

‘’Roger that.’’ The pilot acknowledged and locked the new target. When he pressed launch this time, the missile responded as it propelled straight to Falcon’s plane and in the flash of an eye, it hit the plane in a catastrophic blow.

‘’Operation successful, you may now return to base.’’ Kingsley ordered the pilot as he dropped his communication gadget on the desk and slumped into the silence of the room. Their only threat had been eliminated. They had been successful but it was only a pyrrhic victory and had come at the expense of the lives of some of their friends.

They all watched as the fighter jet made a turn and then Tobi also made a turn. They still had to take their new drugs to the authorities but now, they just had to enjoy their victory and mourn their loss.

THE END.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:40pm On May 28, 2015
jezuzboi:
I"m feeling it big time.
You could read it up, and figure
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2015
Wininiel:
Yes it would have, but then again, Falcon would have probably killed them for failing to secure his property
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:43pm On May 28, 2015
write2obi:
Ade come and tell me what happened to Greg cheesy
There you have it!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:43pm On May 28, 2015
Silensa:
Hehe... Anybody seen my holycane?
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2015
kroosx:
Wao... Just got here nd i must say dis is awsomely wanderful... I forsee sum1 dying here... Nice rite up boss.... Plz update sir
Have updated

1 Like

Re: Glitches by Nobody: 12:11am On May 29, 2015
adegwurulez:

Yes it would have, but then again, Falcon would have probably killed them for failing to secure his property
yeah. Thanks alot 4 updating Ade. Hope it will be in hard copy soon.
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2015
Jesus Christ of Nigeria, I can't believe I enjoyed every bit of this action movie.
Followed all the way, thanks Ade.
Your present is....………

What did I say??
Re: Glitches by bayuth(m): 10:22am On May 29, 2015
Seriously!! Dis is gr8, enjoyed every bit.....ghost mode deactivated grin
Re: Glitches by toliz: 11:54am On May 29, 2015
It has been so wonderful reading and imagining at the same time. Nice story Mr Ade.
Re: Glitches by LEGITLAYO: 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
And then, it has finally come to an end Adegwurulez you're the man.. I have come to respect you more. Carry on bro. Although the end wasn't expected. You're the man and you deserve twale

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Photographer(complete) / Paulo Coelho's And A Boy Selling Pirated Copies Of His Book In Traffic / The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.