Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere (23530 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / You Can’t Execute Rev. King, Others, Falana Tells Ambode / Northerners Accuse Fayemi Of Executing Yoruba Agenda In Ministry Of Mines..news (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by dre11(m): 6:01am On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos lawyer, Femi Fa­lana has punctured the claim by Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere that it endorsed President Goodluck Jona­than for the forthcoming general elections because he promised to implement the Yoruba agenda as recom­mended by the national con­ference.

Speaking at the weekend in Lagos during a peaceful protest by Nigerians United for Democracy, a coalition of civil society groups to under­score the sanctity of March 28, presidential poll, Falana insisted that the Yoruba agen­da was defeated at the national conference.

He urged Afenifere leaders to stop deceiving the people since all points of the Yo­ruba agenda that could have favoured the South-West, in­cluding regional autonomy, restructuring, devolution of dower and parliamentary sys­tem could not sailed through at the conference.

“Three of us at this gather­ing were at the national con­ference, where did they see the Yoruba agenda they are talk­ing about? Mrs Bisi Olateru- Olagbegi, Dr. Abiola Afolabi- Akande and my humble self were at the conference. No single Yoruba or any regional agenda sailed through at the conference,” he said.

He noted that when the civil society under the aegis of Save Nigeria Group (SNG) mounted pressure on the Na­tional Assembly to confirm President Jonathan as acting president, there was no ethnic or tribal agenda involved.

“We did it in the best inter­est of our nation. We did not do anything for personal econ­omy when we confronted the military.

“Some of our comrades were killed; some clamped into detention, including my leader and uncle here present, Mr. Ayo Opadokun.

“What is going on is sim­ply about personal economy. When they complained to the president, they were not talk­ing about education, for our youths’ employment, for our unemployed graduates. It is all about personal economy,” he alleged.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=107191

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by dre11(m): 6:04am On Mar 02, 2015
He urged Afenifere leaders to stop deceiving the people since all points of the Yo­ruba agenda that could have favoured the South-West, in­cluding regional autonomy, restructuring, devolution of dower and parliamentary sys­tem could not sailed through at the conference.

So, all this baba have being lying to us by saying that GEJ will fulfill some kind of Yoruba agenda.

They should have come out and said they were bribe by this government and we shall forgive them but telling us to vote this clueless government is height of insult to our intelligence in SW.

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Burger01(m): 6:13am On Mar 02, 2015
They are not deceiving us, the leaders are deceiving themselves. Sycophant long throat leadersundecided

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by absoluteSuccess: 6:19am On Mar 02, 2015
Can Ijaw man promote Yoruba agenda under any guise at the national level? Why tell what's not?

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by ramdris(m): 6:22am On Mar 02, 2015
Av always known dat before na. Let dem come n stop me from voting GMB. Agbayas

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Rawani: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Dishonorable men. They should be called out and disgraced.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by TreQuartista: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Awon agba'ya. Agbalagba 'kan. Awon arije n'idi mona fiki.

Useless good-for-nothing geriatrics.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Abduljohn(m): 6:39am On Mar 02, 2015
Since Mimiko is d convener i didn't expct less afterall he's d chairman campaign comm 4 SW. Bt dose baba disappoint sha all d same my vote is my right i decide whom i vote 4 nt some baba tellin me d way i shld go

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by siraj1402(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2015
I'm a Yoruba man and I always say it that both Afenifere and the so call OPC are not sincere.I heard from a reliable source that Afenifere collected N1b from Jonathan when he came to Akure on behalf of Yorubas.I always wonder why will they go to the extent of produced a record against Buhari and make many pamflet to also state what was not if its only to support Jonathan with true mind?Enu o le je dodo kotun so ododo.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by mperoakeem(m): 6:44am On Mar 02, 2015
falana dont mind them jare... Afta receiving their own share of the national cake. Useless old men

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Bright4(m): 6:46am On Mar 02, 2015
Pure madness is when you manage to charge ur phone with ur nebo's gen and return to ur dark room to tweet PDP. I have decided to march4change.

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by seunmsg(m): 6:48am On Mar 02, 2015
We know those baba's are hiding under a spurious Yoruba agenda to deceive us. That is why we are not taking them serious at all. The most important agenda presently is the Nigerian aagenda and that, is represented by the overwhelming desire for change at the federal level. The Nigerian interest supercedes any other regional interest. Change is what we want and change, we will effect on March 28 through the polls.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Rilwayne001: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2015
God bless this man

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by ijustdey: 7:03am On Mar 02, 2015
We know that they aren't sincere since we have seen PDP leaders in SW always following them to meetings and Mimiko playing the arrow head with all he was accused of doing in relation to the meeting he and Fayose had with the presidency on the way forward on how to remove JEGA and replace it with his brother...........

Can anything good come out of that association

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by egift(m): 7:10am On Mar 02, 2015
The SW have this opportunity to serve the nation as VP, I don't see them trading it for a handout from the Zoologist.

This wind of Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by alaoeri: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2015
The so called Afenifere leaders are not even politically strong.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by minister2015: 8:24am On Mar 02, 2015
Afenifere and their love for personal economy, this was how some unscrupuluous afeniferes went to Abacha n collected money frm him at the expense of their son ABIOLA but tru out the travail TINUBU stood his ground against Abacha.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by segxes23(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2015
The yoruba race needs new leaders who are knowledgeable beyond ethnic bigotry and monetary gains

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2015
egift:
[s]The SW have this opportunity to serve the nation as VP, I don't see them trading it for a handout from the Zoologist.

This wind of Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.[/s]

The wind has already been stooped and contained when the election was postponed. wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by dre11(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2015
“Three of us at this gather­ing were at the national con­ference, where did they see the Yoruba agenda they are talk­ing about? Mrs Bisi Olateru- Olagbegi, Dr. Abiola Afolabi- Akande and my humble self were at the conference. No single Yoruba or any regional agenda sailed through at the conference,” he said.

These are men of honour speaking the truth and not the ones laced with lies that all those old papa where giving us to swallow.

The Afenifere group.has lost its relevance since the beginning of the court republic

Lalasticlala, Seun front page

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by dre11(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]The wind has already been stooped and contained when the election was postponed[/s]. wink

The postponement made the wind gather more momentum and strenght because it's still blowing

Unless you are blind to the see the reality or you ignore itsmiley

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2015
dre11:

[s]The postponement made the wind gather more momentum and atrenght because it's still blowing

Unless you are blind to the see the reality or you ignore itsmiley[/s]

Thank God we are already in March. Just calm down and wait for 28th. buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by GBTYO: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Where was falana and soyinka during buhari certificate saga?

Usesless noise makers and ambulance chasers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by egift(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2015
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-DAqfJCMAAGKnZ.png:large[/img]

EUROBOMBER:

The wind has already been stooped and contained when the election was postponed. wink

Like King the glory of God has departed from Jonathan. Nigerians are no longer happy with his Corruption Infested administration - And all you think is that him manipulating the Electoral Process will make us forget stealing, impunity, affinity for corruption, the supports he gives to the corrupt, all the deaths.

I tell you everyone for any day it is fixed, to go kick the Zoologist back to Otueke. If he likes, he can empty the National Purse for bribe money, it will not stop us.

Sai Buhari all the way!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2015
egift:

[s]Like King the glory of God has departed from Jonathan. Nigerians are no longer happy with his Corruption Infested administration - And all you think is that him manipulating the Electoral Process will make us forget stealing, impunity, affinity for corruption, the supports he gives to the corrupt, all the deaths.

I tell you everyone for any day it is fixed, to go kick the Zoologist back to Otueke. If he likes, he can empty the National Purse for bribe money, it will not stop us.

Sai Buhari all the way![/s]

You sound so pained and frustrated. grin grin grin grin buhari will never rule Nigeria again, simple and short. If you want to die, that is your problem. Departed ko imported ni. grin grin grin grin

GEJ stays as president and that is the will of God. Now take this and help yourself. grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by egift(m): 10:02am On Mar 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Thank God we are already in March. Just calm down and wait for 28th. buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by iwezor1(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2015
Politricks , God help Nigeria.
Ignorance and prejudice are the handmadiens of propaganda.
#KeepLearning!
Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 02, 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2015
I see Afenifere as a group of bribed cows.

as a Yoruba man, I will never respect any of their decisions.

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose / Grand Reception Of Oshiomhole & Iara: Obaseki & Deputy Shaibu Attend / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.