Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (29017 Views)

Becareful Of Scammers On Nairaland !!!!! / List Of Scammers Phone Number In Nigeria. / In 1995, Nigerian Scammers Sold A Fake Airport To A Foreign Bank For $242M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 9:11am On Mar 02, 2015
I just got a call this morning from someone that knew my name.

When I picked the call, he asked me if he was speaking with Francis. I said "yes". He asked do I know who's speaking, of which I told him "no". He was like, so I no longer have his number? I just played along and told him I changed phone and therefore lost some numbers.

He told me he's Engineer Tony and he knew me from the school I did my primary assignment.

He said he's got a job for me, a supply job and that I have to go to Julius Berger at mile 2 to get the goods and supply to buyers.

**I sensed fraud, but I still played along**

He told me to get a pen and paper and call him back. I did and he started talking about the goods I was to help him supply and said I have to call the Manager at Julius Berger. According to him, am to supply:

Hydro power kit (model A), 50 cartons.
Buying price from Julius Berger = NGN 200,000
Supply price = NGN 250,000
He said the Manager's name is Elder Godwin Amadi and his number is 07060917171.

That was when I asked him this, please can you tell me where we met?

He said we met a the primary school I did my Youth service. He said do I think if he doesn't know me he would be calling me? Do I know how much the deal is worth?

I told him well, I didn't serve in a primary school and it means you don't know me.

He hung up...
Scammers number is 07067369031..

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

80 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kilokeys(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2015
NySC handbook having contacts of all passing out corpers..
thats how they got ur info

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 9:17am On Mar 02, 2015
kilokeys:

Wow! What was he even thinking? He's gonna scam someone without cash? They should channel these useless scams to politicians and not people like me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kilokeys(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2015
francizy:

Wow! What was he even thinking? He's gonna scam someone without cash? They should channel these useless scams to politicians and not people like me.

a friend of mine.. paid #50k to these scammers two years ago.. he was promised a job with elf oil coy. guy i shock..

u would be surprised how many fall victim.. the more desperate/depressed/jobless u are, the more liable u r to these scams.. just pray u get something doing

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2015
Some months back (say about 5-7 months after passing out from NYSC program), a guy used a name of someone we knew from my class and contacted my classmates, telling them he works with shell and that they should contact the man the helped out.

When I heard of this, I told my classmates that they don't need someone telling them this was a huge scam. One of my classmates had already started spending money to get his credentials ready for the scammers before he called me to confirm. Told him not to continue that its just a scam.

These crooks use important info of you they got from somewhere and try to scam you.

Beware people...

**modified**
Mr. Seun/mods please FP this. Thank you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 9:26am On Mar 02, 2015
kilokeys:

a friend of mine.. paid #50k to these scammers two years ago.. he was promised a job with elf oil coy. guy i shock..

u would be surprised how many fall victim.. the more desperate/depressed/jobless u are, the more liable u r to these scams.. just pray u get something doing

Hopefully I will. But if find it hard to believe I'll spend a dime to get a job. The only money I will spend is tfare for tests and interviews.

Tho God has been guiding my path tho..

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2015
Blame it on #Gej we need change ... VOTE BUHARI

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Uzch89(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2015
kilokeys:
Its not opening oooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by 123gist(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Smh undecided some niggaz are jxt desperate, remb God is watching you!
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
123gist:
Smh undecided some niggaz are jxt desperate, remb God is watching you!

Yeah, God is watching us all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by nnanyereugo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Fell for dem last yr, bt a close friend of mine was involvd bt denied known dem afta I had sent d moni. He told m dat he met dem in a viewn center where as originally he told m dey wia his friends. I jst cut all ties wit him n dletd his no. Let God handle it for m.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
nnanyereugo:
Fell for dem last yr, bt a close friend of mine was involvd bt denied known dem afta I had sent d moni. He told m dat he met dem in a viewn center where as originally he told m dey wia his friends. I jst cut all ties wit him n dletd his no. Let God handle it for m.

I feel for you bro.. It is better you let everyone around u know this. My friend almost paid 3.5k to some crazy coy claiming to offer overseas internship before I stopped her. Whenever am told to pay money for job, no matter how small (even if it's 500 bucks), I don't try it.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Stunner1(f): 1:39am On Mar 03, 2015
angry angry ppl sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by rheether(f): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Don't you worry my child, I go help you scam the man, he don already bgn chyk me..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
rheether:
Don't you worry my child, I go help you scam the man, he don already bgn chyk me..

Lmaô! Are you for real or you just kidding?

The dude claims to be an engineer but has this very local ascent..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Babyboy1986(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
People guy mind oo
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by aboy247: 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
I got similar call some years back But mine was a NEPA equipment's that I was supposed to supply, But in my own case i tried to scam the scamer i requested that he send me some money so I can travel to my Uncle and request for the money needed to buy the equipment's and he hung Up

For A Healthier Brain And Body, Do These 5 Things IMMEDIATELY
SOURCE:http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/3707-for-a-healthier-brain-and-body-do-these-5-things-immediately

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by jimohibrahim(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
i was a victim

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by phatlytall(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
This is strong!!!!
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by publicenemy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
Old school scam... Nigerians and fraud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by opliime: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
419ers

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by lonelydora: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Am suspecting apc thugs as d criminals, dey nid money badly for Buhari campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by CLEARINGAGENT: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Cheap scammer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by pweetixandy: 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
Like they say,only greedy people are scammed. Be wise,vote for change

CLEARINGAGENT:
Cheap scammer.
hmmm..expensive scammer..kettle callin
g pot ......
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by angrybird007: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
A
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by AmakaDNB(f): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nawao
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Wilson125(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Emh, I was in dah shoes last week n d almost had me buh d wer disappointed I had nofin n I am jst a popcorn distributor..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Ayanko(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
I've received the same call more than 15 times, there is one that promise me job at Shell
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Situation001(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
you even called back

and you say you never fall maga..

anyways God save you sha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrested Fake Lagos Task Force Officials Confess, Said They Make 70k Daily(pics) / Man Who Robbed His Landlord Of N1.7m & Killed Him: "I Regret My Action" / Police Used Charm To Arrest Me - Robbery Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.