Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) (16052 Views)

How Much Can I Sell My 03 Camry With 300+ Miles / Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord / Changing Exhaust Camshaft On 03 Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Piyke: 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
MULLAH123:

How much did you buy the scanner please?

My prices won't be anything to go by now, bought it in 2012 at about 200GBP
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Piyke:

My prices won't be anything to go by now, bought it in 2012 at about 200GBP
Thanks, its just to have an idea.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by leuelliot(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
Piyke:
Now 211k miles... smiley

Oboy buy new car na. Honda go vex for you o.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Piyke: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
leuelliot:

Oboy buy new car na. Honda go vex for you o.

Buying lands instead wink

1 Like

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Piyke:
Now 211k miles... smiley

Just saw your cruise control light on and remembered mine that shut down 3months ago. The mains engage and comes on but the cruise speed cant be set.

Initially, it started by disengaging from cruise while driving without touching brakes. I would be driving on cruise control but will disengage like i touched brakes without actually doing so. If i re-engage it will disengage by itself till one day it refused to re-engage till today.

I tried to check the fuse but found nothing. I was convinced it is not a fuse problem since the mains switch comes on.

Please help me, i got tire of looking for solution.

Also, my 1 loader stock audio has finally shut down for good. That one too used to flicker off and on by itself without reseting its settings. That is a coomon problem with the 1 loader. A radio electrician who worked on it 5 months ago has asked me to just get a replacement. He adviced me to get the 6loader saying its problem is less. The 6 loader like he says always jam cds but can easily be treated than the 1 loader that may go off for good.

What do you know about this issue too?
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Piyke: 8:37am On Mar 22, 2016
adanny01:

Just saw your cruise control light on and remembered mine that shut down 3months ago. The mains engage and comes on but the cruise speed cant be set.

Initially, it started by disengaging from cruise while driving without touching brakes. I would be driving on cruise control but will disengage like i touched brakes without actually doing so. If i re-engage it will disengage by itself till one day it refused to re-engage till today.

I tried to check the fuse but found nothing. I was convinced it is not a fuse problem since the mains switch comes on.

Please help me, i got tire of looking for solution.

Also, my 1 loader stock audio has finally shut down for good. That one too used to flicker off and on by itself without reseting its settings. That is a coomon problem with the 1 loader. A radio electrician who worked on it 5 months ago has asked me to just get a replacement. He adviced me to get the 6loader saying its problem is less. The 6 loader like he says always jam cds but can easily be treated than the 1 loader that may go off for good.

What do you know about this issue too?

Sadly I haven't had any problems with cruise control so I haven't done any research into it. I once had a stuck moonroof and it stuck in the open position. The electrician just scratched the contact points for the buttons with a screwdriver and it started working again. Maybe you can try that.
On the single loader ish, mine is having the same problem. In fact it didn't work for close to a year but to my surprise started working perfectly during the harmattan. Although it's intermittent now, with those pops and crackles. My observation on this, is that it seems to work better with low humidity and using the AC on vents rather than recirculation. It even seemed using a car dehumidifier worked. My guess is moisture is collecting on the circuit and causing the problem.
I know our radios have faceplate numbers; I think the single loader is 2AC0. I am not sure if the 6 loader will work on them as it has different faceplate numbers.
I've even considered fitting one of those China navigation units with Bluetooth specifically made for this model but it now goes for 70k or so.
Funny enough this is my 2nd OEM radio. When I bought the car it had a broken unit and I got this one on eBay...
Haven't really decided what to do...
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Piyke:

Sadly I haven't had any problems with cruise control so I haven't done any research into it. I once had a stuck moonroof and it stuck in the open position. The electrician just scratched the contact points for the buttons with a screwdriver and it started working again. Maybe you can try that.
On the single loader ish, mine is having the same problem. In fact it didn't work for close to a year but to my surprise started working perfectly during the harmattan. Although it's intermittent now, with those pops and crackles. My observation on this, is that it seems to work better with low humidity and using the AC on vents rather than recirculation. It even seemed using a car dehumidifier worked. My guess is moisture is collecting on the circuit and causing the problem.
I know our radios have faceplate numbers; I think the single loader is 2AC0. I am not sure if the 6 loader will work on them as it has different faceplate numbers.
I've even considered fitting one of those China navigation units with Bluetooth specifically made for this model but it now goes for 70k or so.
Funny enough this is my 2nd OEM radio. When I bought the car it had a broken unit and I got this one on eBay...
Haven't really decided what to do...

Am happy to inform that I did open the cruise control steering unit this morning. I cleaned the contacts for the buttons and everything worked when i tested.

On the radio, i had previously made about 4 repairs on it. I bought the car with the radio display backlight and HVAC LED button lights all off. The CD wasnt playing some disc too. The display was repaired and the lens cleaned that first time. There are a lot of videos on youtube on the lighting issue. Later the CD stopped playing again so i went back which was resolved by just cleaning the lens. The third time was when i started experiencing the flicker on/off and still CD selecting CDs. Both were repaired around Sept last year. The flicker came back December increasing in intensity daily. In fact, the radio goes off when i turn A/C on and remains off till some minutes after turning A/C off.

3 weeks ago, on a return trip from Zaria using A/C through out, the radio went off completely. So i stopped at the radio mechanics shop. The radio never came on thereafter. I opened it up this morning inspecting the board for problems, the back light which was fixed long ago went blank again this time no radio no lights. I will give the board to a different electronics guy to solder as much parts as he can. That seem to be what has been done before now.

If that fails, i will budget for a 6 loader. There are 3 types of the unit. 1st is 6loader dual zone climate control, 2 is 6loader manual climate control and lastly ours with 1loader manual climated control. I intend to buy the 2nd type which my inquiry puts it at 25k in Abj.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Namzy(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
adanny01:

Am happy to inform that I did open the cruise control steering unit this morning. I cleaned the contacts for the buttons and everything worked when i tested.

On the radio, i had previously made about 4 repairs on it. I bought the car with the radio display backlight and HVAC LED button lights all off. The CD wasnt playing some disc too. The display was repaired and the lens cleaned that first time. There are a lot of videos on youtube on the lighting issue. Later the CD stopped playing again so i went back which was resolved by just cleaning the lens. The third time was when i started experiencing the flicker on/off and still CD selecting CDs. Both were repaired around Sept last year. The flicker came back December increasing in intensity daily. In fact, the radio goes off when i turn A/C on and remains off till some minutes after turning A/C off.

3 weeks ago, on a return trip from Zaria using A/C through out, the radio went off completely. So i stopped at the radio mechanics shop. The radio never came on thereafter. I opened it up this morning inspecting the board for problems, the back light which was fixed long ago went blank again this time no radio no lights. I will give the board to a different electronics guy to solder as much parts as he can. That seem to be what has been done before now.

If that fails, i will budget for a 6 loader. There are 3 types of the unit. 1st is 6loader dual zone climate control, 2 is 6loader manual climate control and lastly ours with 1loader manual climated control. I intend to buy the 2nd type which my inquiry puts it at 25k in Abj.
Honda has problems that you listed with single loader the only fix is getting a new unit. Spent lots of money repairing before getting a new unit. Unfortunately The 6 loader manual climate i saw was messed up. Had to buy another single loader @ onitsha and hope it lasts for at least a 3 yrs. Been a yr since i bought it. Fingers crossed
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Namzy:

Honda has problems that you listed with single loader the only fix is getting a new unit. Spent lots of money repairing before getting a new unit. Unfortunately The 6 loader manual climate i saw was messed up. Had to buy another single loader @ onitsha and hope it lasts for at least a 3 yrs. Been a yr since i bought it. Fingers crossed

True indeed.

No amount of soldering was enough for it. Its blank completely. I have in my budget a 6 loader but will come much later as my hands are filled with bills.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by connkg(m): 1:06am On Mar 24, 2016
Nice thread! Went back and forth, reading. Came out of ghostmode, too.
I laughed reading about tthe radio preferring harmattan. Have had only 1 issue with my '01,V6 6loader. A CD jammed. Removed the radio myself(as Mr. Hotbody), removed the CD,but discovered it wouldn't descend. Tht's when I gave it out for repair. Cost me 3k, got it back and reinstalled myself. *Always remember to wait for the invitation to load. Tell front passenger to hold-on when it's busy.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Edmo: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello every one.
Who can please tell me how much this truck can return for the owner in Naija.
Its been operated by my brother and a driver, I just do not know for sure how much is appropriate
to get from them on daily or weekly basis. I would have prefered leasing it to a company,
but thats not possible because am not in Nigeria now.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Piyke: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Edmo:
Hello every one.
Who can please tell me how much this truck can return for the owner in Naija.
Its been operated by my brother and a driver, I just do not know for sure how much is appropriate
to get from them on daily or weekly basis. I would have prefered leasing it to a company,
but thats not possible because am not in Nigeria now.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

No idea from my end. You may want to open a thread for better visibility
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2016
adanny01:

This afternoon, i went to Panteka in Kaduna to get something for my car. I thought to myself since there are so many accident cars here, it should be cheap to get the radio circuit board from a damaged audio system.

On inquiry, i got a very clean one. Apparently, the guy sold the audio system in parts, the last being the circuit board and the metal casing which he sold to me at 5k. The part number is exactly like mine and the electrical components shone almost like new.

I installed myself and was disappointed when the radio didnt come up. I ran back to him, he found the radio fuse broken. I was disappointed with myself for not checking it up before today. That meant, my own circuit board might have not been completely fried but somehow has enough problems to kill the fuse. The fuse was replaced and the radio is fine. 20k has been avoided.

The guy wanted to keep my circuit board, telling me its of no use but i held onto it.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 12:03am On May 29, 2016
adanny01:

This afternoon, i went to Panteka in Kaduna to get something for my car. I thought to myself since there are so many accident cars here, it should be cheap to get the radio circuit board from a damaged audio system.

On inquiry, i got a very clean one. Apparently, the guy sold the audio system in parts, the last being the circuit board and the metal casing which he sold to me at 5k. The part number is exactly like mine and the electrical components shone almost like new.

I installed myself and was disappointed when the radio didnt come up. I ran back to him, he found the radio fuse broken. I was disappointed with myself for not checking it up before today. That meant, my own circuit board might have not been completely fried but somehow has enough problems to kill the fuse. The fuse was replaced and the radio is fine. 20k has been avoided.

The guy wanted to keep my circuit board, telling me its of no use but i held onto it.
Howfa my brother, nothing from you as regards your friend.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 12:43am On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

Howfa my brother, nothing from you as regards your friend.

He couldnt find time.

He traveled out of Abj today and the car broke down on an engine related problem. He said he heard a bang and stopped to check and saw his entire engine oil flowing down from the sump. He said it was broken. I will get more info tomorrow.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 1:28am On May 29, 2016
adanny01:

He couldnt find time.

He traveled out of Abj today and the car broke down on an engine related problem. He said he heard a bang and stopped to check and saw his entire engine oil flowing down from the sump. He said it was broken. I will get more info tomorrow.

Jeez! So sorry about the terrible incident that happened to his car.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by chukel(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

sorry to say this, I think adanny's friend is a careless car user. From the moment he bought that accord till now it's being from one issue to the other. That his ride is really an evil spirit.

1 Like

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On May 29, 2016
chukel:
sorry to say this, I think adanny's friend is a careless car user. From the moment he bought that accord till now it's being from one issue to the other. That his ride is really an evil spirit.

lipsrsealed
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On May 29, 2016
chukel:

lipsrsealed
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

I confirmed from him this morning, the engine block was punctured by the conrod. He is looking for a new engine in Kaduna.

This engine was installed recently from this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2384754/advice-needed-repair-2008-honda and was in very good condition before this happened.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 2:14pm On May 29, 2016
adanny01:

I confirmed from him this morning, the engine block was punctured by the conrod. He is looking for a new engine in Kaduna.

This engine was installed recently from this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2384754/advice-needed-repair-2008-honda and was in very good condition before this happened.

Sad end of the engine. I'd advice he fix up the car and sell it off. The cash he's gonna spend is not gonna be cheap.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by adanny01(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

Sad end of the engine. I'd advice he fix up the car and sell it off. The cash he's gonna spend is not gonna be cheap.

He told me to start advertising the car. He got 2 options from KD. 300k toks and 170k from accident car. He is pursuing the cheaper option. As even the toks is usually from accident cars.

It is my believe that this early demise is a result of what probably happened to the donor car.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2016
adanny01:

He told me to start advertising the car. He got 2 options from KD. 300k toks and 170k from accident car. He is pursuing the cheaper option. As even the toks is usually from accident cars.

It is my believe that this early demise is a result of what probably happened to the donor car.
He should take the crashed car engine as its cheaper. However, the service history may be questionable since most Nigerians are averse to doing services using recommended products and procedures.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by kingreign(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
adanny01:

He should take the crashed car engine as its cheaper. However, the service history may be questionable since most Nigerians are averse to doing services using recommended products and procedures.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Piyke: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Now at 250k miles...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by thebigkendo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Same 03 accord nairaland advicers will tell people to run from..in their word.. It is "plagued" with transmission problem & leg pull grin

Eddee some & see something angry grin
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Eddee(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
thebigkendo:
Same 03 accord nairaland advicers will tell people to run from..in their word.. It is "plagued" with transmission problem & leg pull grin

I avoided this thread on purpose, saw it since. Piyke is a living legend. I apologise for all the bad things I've said and most importantly the veiled digs at Honda. Kindly find a good place in your heart to forgive me in line with this festive period.

2 Likes

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

We don't know how many transmissions he has had nor the number of ball joints used grin
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Eddee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
rationalmind:

We don't know how many transmissions he has had nor the number of ball joints used grin

Senior man, that P.iyke guy meticulously recorded all his repairs, so I'm leaning towards his own account. Unless he kept out some "transmission repair/rebuild" here and there. Las las na big win for Team Honda be dis, make dem enjoy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Eddee:

Senior man, that P.iyke guy meticulously recorded all his repairs, so I'm leaning towards his own account. Unless he kept out some "transmission repair/rebuild" here and there. Las las na big win for Team Honda be dis, make dem enjoy.

It might have been done before he got it. Those transmissions hardly ever cross the 150k mile mark.
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by Eddee(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
rationalmind:

It might have been done before he got it. Those transmissions hardly ever cross the 150k mile mark.

Another acute angle
Re: My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km) by thebigkendo(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
rationalmind:

Might or might not.. You are free to believe whichever makes you happy grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's First Handwoven Car Designed In Ibadan By Ojo Adeniyi / Would You Accept Or Reject "666" Plate Number? / Baba40 Is A Dubious Fraud . (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.